HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor/Edm

Old
02-22-2009, 12:19 PM
grabo84

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
Well you are welcome to your opinion, as mistaken as it is. I'd bet you would be hard pressed to find 10 Oil fans that would trade Penner straight up for Blake, much less add to it from our side. Penner is good for 20+ goals and is a great big body presence in front of the net on the PP.

Blake is a small, old, lockerroom cancer who's contract is as bad if not worse then Penner's. But hey, if you think Blake and his contract are better then Penner's you should hold onto him. After all, aren't you leaf fans telling us he's playing so well this year? So why do you want to trade him?
It's an oilers fan who made the offer.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 12:24 PM
s7ark
TheWorstEver

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabo84 View Post
It's an oilers fan who made the offer.
Great, find 9 more. And I can't remember ever seeing a single post by Salim786 on HFOil. So he/she isn't a regular contributor.

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 12:26 PM
grabo84

Quote:
Great, find 9 more. And I can't remember ever seeing a single post by Salim786 on HFOil. So he/she isn't a regular contributor.
My point is that you can't argue that Leaf fans are trying to press Blake on you when it was an Oilers fan who made the offer.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 12:27 PM
Quik
Agent 0091

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salim786 View Post
is he actually? never heard of that before !
Honestly, I can't see Blake being the greatest locker-room guy, given some of the reports of him being a selfish kind of guy, and given the fact that Sundin went after him last night, I can't say I'd take that as a sign of them being buddies last season.

As for the proposal, we'll take our chances with Blake, and I'm sure Burke would NOT want to bring Penner over, considering the terms of how they left.

Quik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 12:28 PM
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount

Quote:
Doesnt change the fact that an Oiler fan made the proposal.

mcphllp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 01:42 PM
OilTownHero

As an oiler fan I would rather have Penner.

OilTownHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 01:48 PM
New Liskeard

Looking at the list of players making the same ammount of money as Blake, Jason is doing quite well. He would help any team looking for scoring, and tenacity. The Leafs may actually best served to keep him, all these tankers that want to trade every player and their grandmother, the Leafs are going to somehow need to hit the cap floor. Blake is not as bad as some make him to be, and he certainlly gives 100 % on the ice.

New Liskeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 01:53 PM
Schennrection

Quote:
Well you are welcome to your opinion, as mistaken as it is. I'd bet you would be hard pressed to find 10 Oil fans that would trade Penner straight up for Blake, much less add to it from our side. Penner is good for 20+ goals and is a great big body presence in front of the net on the PP.

Blake is a small, old, lockerroom cancer who's contract is as bad if not worse then Penner's. But hey, if you think Blake and his contract are better then Penner's you should hold onto him. After all, aren't you leaf fans telling us he's playing so well this year? So why do you want to trade him?
And your welcome to yours. Some leafs posters might be talking blake up a little but most of the stuff you just said make little to no sense what so ever, I mean your saying penner might score 20 goals this year, cool blakes already got 22 in less games more assists and better plus/minus as well. Right now blake would be second on your team in points. And seriously you want to now why we want to trade blake do you even know the point of a rebuild you trade the assests that wont be useful to you by the time your ready to compete so as blake is one of the only reasons we are winning games or getting points in them at the very least ya id say its in our best intrest to ship him out even if its only for a less talented salary dump and a mid level prospect, but saying that burke would not trade for penner for very obvious reasons and if we wanted some one big that doesnt hit we'd just keep antro.

Schennrection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 02:39 PM
s7ark
TheWorstEver

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabo84 View Post
My point is that you can't argue that Leaf fans are trying to press Blake on you when it was an Oilers fan who made the offer.
Ok that is valid. Although this isn't the first Blake to Edmonton thread that has been around, so I was venting on the generality of these threads, not this one specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphllp View Post
Doesnt change the fact that an Oiler fan made the proposal.
The fact that an Oiler made the proposal doesn't mean he/she speaks for the majority of Oiler fans.

Most of us don't want anything to do with Blake. We didn't bite on the "Tucker is a really valuable player to have" crap either in deadline proposals from previous years and we aren't biting on Blake this year. Feel free to try selling that crap to someone else .

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 03:10 PM
IBLeaf*

Stupid Oilers fans.. trying to dump Penner on us.

LOLz.

IBLeaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 03:18 PM
Solaris

I don't understand why Blake is so hated around here. Penner's younger, that's about it. Blake and his contract>Penner and his contract. No way Burke would ever do this anyways.

Solaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 03:21 PM
Section311

Burke and lowe trading?

Section311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 03:22 PM
IBLeaf*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section311 View Post
I think toronto does this but oilers say no
You think wrong.

IBLeaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 03:22 PM
My Sweet Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24staios24 View Post
As a die hard Oilers fan I would most likely stop cheering for the Oilers if Jason Blake came here... The guy is a weasel and a cancer who starts fights with is own teammates.
I guess the Oilers are all you watch.

My Sweet Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 03:23 PM
Section311

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eraser View Post
You think wrong.
You don't want to get rid of blake or you dont want penner

Section311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 03:26 PM
My Sweet Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section311 View Post
You don't want to get rid of blake or you dont want penner
I'd say mostly the latter, but the first part isn't wrong to assume either. With the way Blake has been playing this season, he's more valuable to the team if we keep him. In two years when he's looking at UFA, then a move would be smart.

My Sweet Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 05:20 PM
Deal Sealer

Send a message via MSN to Deal Sealer
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Sweet Shadow View Post
I'd say mostly the latter, but the first part isn't wrong to assume either. With the way Blake has been playing this season, he's more valuable to the team if we keep him. In two years when he's looking at UFA, then a move would be smart.
I don't think thats the wisest move. Hes on pace for 60 points this year. If his contract term wasnt as long, like if he had one more season instead of 3 then I believe he could fetch a first round pick from a team looking for a scoring winger like pittsburgh. However right now I'd say his value would be a 2nd and 4th. And I would take it, not sure if he fits the type of player Burke wants on his team. I see him(Burke) getting rid of JFJ's trash.

Deal Sealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 06:50 PM
Patrick96

Burke won't do business with Lowe therefore any trade between the two teams is completely invalid

Patrick96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 07:28 PM
DougGilmour93

Nah, I'd consider Penner and Brule though...

Blake has looked amazing as of late. He's no longer a negative asset. Like you mentioned though, Edmonton and Toronto won't make a move as per the Burke/Lowe feud, even if Tambellini is running the show in Edmonton.

DougGilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 08:47 PM
OilChuck
Clutch and Crutch

Not Blake.....never.....Antropov is interesting though....

OilChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 08:48 PM
OilChuck
Clutch and Crutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick96 View Post
Burke won't do business with Lowe therefore any trade between the two teams is completely invalid
Lowe isn't our Gm......Tambellini..

Old
02-22-2009, 08:49 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salim786 View Post
I was watching the Leafs/Nucks game, Jason Blake would look like a GREAT fit in Edmonton (just to be clear, I'm a big fan of the copper and blue)

so heres the deal

To Edmonton:

Jason Blake

To Toronto:

Dustin Penner + Slava Trukhno

Dustin Big **** is still relatively young, Leafs are rebuilding and looking for younger players. Also they are pretty thin in terms of forward prospects; Trukhno has looked good with Springfield this season. Another thing is, getting rid of Blake would bring them closer to a shot @ Tavares

I know that with Lowe and Burke's feud, this won't happen, but

Fire away folks!

LOL

Blake is old and with a VERY bad contract.

Oilers keep the young guy with a bad contact and leafs keep the guy who's wheels tend to fall of for streatches

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 08:49 PM
OilChuck
Clutch and Crutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eraser View Post
Stupid Oilers fans.. trying to dump Penner on us.

LOLz.
What you think we want Blake.....LOL......

Old
02-22-2009, 09:08 PM
dmacin2*

Quote:

Hate to disagree here, but I am a huge Oilers fan and I would do it in a second. I don't think I would give up Truhko though. Maybe a pick or some other prospect.

Penner is the most frusterating player ever to watch. He barely hits, therese been so many times he could of absolutely creamed someone in a close game and didn't.

He plays with no heart.

Also he's been on Hemsky's line for the most part. Very low production.

I don't like Blake either but there is no denying he plays with alot of heart. And that is what the Oilers are lacking the most.

dmacin2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 09:12 PM
oilerfan17

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilChuck View Post
Not Blake.....never.....Antropov is interesting though....
Not at the advertised asking price he isn't. I sure wouldn't give up a 1st for him.

oilerfan17 is offline   Reply With Quote