HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

PK Subban on TV today

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-22-2009, 06:19 AM
  #1
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,371
vCash: 500
PK Subban on TV today

Belleville is playing again on Sportsnet Ontario at 3:00PM. If anyone is interested.

The matchup is against Matt Duchene and Brampton. Should be interesting.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 07:34 AM
  #2
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,696
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
PK Subban will dominate.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 08:24 AM
  #3
Latendresse84
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: China
Posts: 6
vCash: 500
To bad he's going to Tampa

Latendresse84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 08:25 AM
  #4
Iwishihadacup
Registered User
 
Iwishihadacup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latendresse84 View Post
To bad he's going to Tampa
nope, you must be wrong

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 05:36 PM
  #5
Magic33
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,563
vCash: 500
PK Scored the winner today FYI

Magic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 06:30 PM
  #6
badfish
Habs fan in SK
 
badfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,794
vCash: 500
Ya good individual effort by PK

badfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 10:51 PM
  #7
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,371
vCash: 500
I know I'm late.....but just finished watching that game that I've recorded and how dominant was that PK performance again. Not only his rushes that are spectacular, doesn't lose the puck too often on those, but his passing game I believe is so underrated, tape to tape passes, often through traffic, and his balance is also underrated. Keep being pushed, doesn't lose his balance, on his goal a nice spinorama while having Duchene on his back, kept his balance, drove the net and scored. Physical game is good enough, I mean in that game it was really tough to find a downfall to his game.

If I had to look really hard, I remember him going on the ice too soon on a 2 on 2 from the opponent making himself out of position. So sometimes, defensively, takes the odd decision but then not as often as some people would like to believe. He's really good 1 on 1, really tough to knock off the puck and use a great stickwork to retrieve the puck as well.

Probably one of the most dominant performance I've seen from a Habs prospect. And it was against a really good team with Hodgson, Grachev, Duchene and co....On a side note.....Grachev....my god...what a steal by the Rags. Big tall offensive centerman would have look great in a Habs uniform.


Last edited by Whitesnake: 02-24-2009 at 08:13 AM.
Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 11:18 PM
  #8
Marc Bergevins Suit
Realistic Hab Fan
 
Marc Bergevins Suit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,778
vCash: 246
He's awesome. His little bro is great too. He is playing minor bantam 13-14 yr olds and was called up to the yr older team. He plays for the AAA Marlies. My cuz played against him and his PK's little bro was one of their best d-men. Maybe we can nab him in a few years and have the Subban duo

Marc Bergevins Suit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 12:30 AM
  #9
Ryan O'Byrne
Registered User
 
Ryan O'Byrne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 908
vCash: 1241
I caught the end of the game and the goal by PK was awesome , PK gets the puck near the point spins off the checker and moves up the boards. Then after ditching the checker he cuts towards the net ,and shoots using the D man as a screen . The goalie saves it but gives up a bad rebound ,PK moves around the D near the net picks up the rebound and scores over a sprawling goalie . I hope they never trade PK ,as watching him is always entertaining. The way he can rush the puck ,and then make a tape to tape pass is like wow.

Ryan O'Byrne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 12:53 AM
  #10
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles
 
Beaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In The Lab.
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,404
vCash: 500
I wonder what Belleville is going to look like without PK- he stays on for 3-4 minutes at a time! When he feels its time to put in that extra offensive energy to tie up, or win a game, he's unstoppable.

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 02:05 AM
  #11
guest1467
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 24,824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Probably one of the most dominant performance I've seen from a Habs prospect.
That is quite a statement to make, and makes me pretty happy to hear. Honestly, if we don't consider Pacioretty a prospect, I think Subban, for me atleast, is our best prospect. Both for his potential and how much he worth to the Habs as a individual. This guy is about as untouchable as they come I think.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 08:15 AM
  #12
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
That is quite a statement to make, and makes me pretty happy to hear.
I forgot 2 words, "This year".

Doesn't change that it was really impressive. And for me the kid is untouchable. I wasn't sure at the draft 'cause of his "supposed" terrible defensive deficiencies that we keep hearing about but either he's corrected them in a heartbeat or either it was vastly exagerrated.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 08:18 AM
  #13
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrealistic View Post
I wonder what Belleville is going to look like without PK- he stays on for 3-4 minutes at a time! When he feels its time to put in that extra offensive energy to tie up, or win a game, he's unstoppable.
That's a good point. I didn't want to watch the whole yesterday night, was quite tired, so I wanted to be on the fast forward so I'd watch only when he was on the ice, and I never had the privilege in pressing that button too much...he was always on the ice. Thing is Lalonde wasn't playing, so that's a reason why he was playing so much.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 08:22 AM
  #14
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,267
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I forgot 2 words, "This year".

Doesn't change that it was really impressive. And for me the kid is untouchable. I wasn't sure at the draft 'cause of his "supposed" terrible defensive deficiencies that we keep hearing about but either he's corrected them in a heartbeat or either it was vastly exagerrated.
I've heard and think it's the latter. Like mentioned many times before by yourself and others, he's encouraged to make a lot of risky plays for the sake of offense. In his first WJCs, he wasn't allowed to and looked fine as pretty much a stay at home defenseman.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 08:28 AM
  #15
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Subban > Gretzky ZOMG!!!!

Seriously though, can't wait to see this guy in a habs jersey. He looks like he won't disapoint us.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 08:29 AM
  #16
Riverboat Gambler
 
Riverboat Gambler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: ~ ~ ~
Country: Canada
Posts: 929
vCash: 500
Way to go PK.

Very encouraging stuff in here to say the least.

Riverboat Gambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 08:38 AM
  #17
otto bond
Registered User
 
otto bond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,851
vCash: 500
What a bright light. Does any one think that his game could fleurish in the NHL?

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 08:53 AM
  #18
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,379
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
What a bright light. Does any one think that his game could fleurish in the NHL?
Absolutely

He's got the attitude, physical talent, mental ability and willingless to do whatever it takes to make it in the NHL, especially as a Hab

I've met him and hung out with him quite a few times and what you see on TV is not an act, he's genuinely like that. You also have to understand that this is a guy who comes from a very, very tough neighboorhood and he's managed to avoid some of the pitfalls that others couldn't, nothing has ever been handed to this guy, he's had to work his *** off for everything he has and making it to the NHL and playing for the Habs is much more than a dream for him.

I'm telling you guys, on attitude alone, he's an untouchable prospect for me.

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 08:57 AM
  #19
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
I'm telling you guys, on attitude alone, he's an untouchable prospect for me.
I agree with you. Again, watching the Brampton vs Belleville game yesterday was showing how great the guy is but also for everybody who panicks 'cause he's taking chances and all, clearly the kid is above his class right now and takes more chances now that he'll probably take in his whole career. He was joking around with Brampton's World Junior friend Hodgson, even during the game when Subban stopped a shot thrown by Hodgson, pass beside him and joked around. But then when he's on his rushes, when he hits, when it's time to check a guy, he's all business and you can CLEARLY see that he'll be able to upgrade his game at the NHL level and that right now, he's just having fun and even that way, he's not making a lot of mistakes down there.

Not saying that he'll be a flawless d-man in higher levels, but like you said, he has the attitude in doing everything he can to correct his mistakes and bring his game to the needed level.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 09:00 AM
  #20
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,404
vCash: 500
I hope we don't trade this guy, he has a chance to be an all-star in the NHL. He has as much upside as any of our prospects.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 09:08 AM
  #21
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,379
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I agree with you. Again, watching the Brampton vs Belleville game yesterday was showing how great the guy is but also for everybody who panicks 'cause he's taking chances and all, clearly the kid is above his class right now and takes more chances now that he'll probably take in his whole career. He was joking around with Brampton's World Junior friend Hodgson, even during the game when Subban stopped a shot thrown by Hodgson, pass beside him and joked around. But then when he's on his rushes, when he hits, when it's time to check a guy, he's all business and you can CLEARLY see that he'll be able to upgrade his game at the NHL level and that right now, he's just having fun and even that way, he's not making a lot of mistakes down there.

Not saying that he'll be a flawless d-man in higher levels, but like you said, he has the attitude in doing everything he can to correct his mistakes and bring his game to the needed level.
I personally think the whole deal about him being a risky defensman completely overblown, I mean, find me an offensive defensman who doesn't take risks. Thats what makes offensive defensman, offensive defensman...

But again, back to his attitude, he's just got 'it'...people gravitate towards him, it's instant respect with Subban, he exudes confidence but it doens't come off as cocky. I think 'hockey purists' are kind of thrown off by his play/demeanor and think he should tone it down but that's the generational gap if you ask me, I agree with TT, he's the 'new breed' of NHL defensman...I think he's going to thrive in the NHL

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 12:03 PM
  #22
Next Best Thing*
 
Next Best Thing*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 6,007
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan O'Byrne View Post
I caught the end of the game and the goal by PK was awesome , PK gets the puck near the point spins off the checker and moves up the boards. Then after ditching the checker he cuts towards the net ,and shoots using the D man as a screen . The goalie saves it but gives up a bad rebound ,PK moves around the D near the net picks up the rebound and scores over a sprawling goalie . I hope they never trade PK ,as watching him is always entertaining. The way he can rush the puck ,and then make a tape to tape pass is like wow.

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 12:05 PM
  #23
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,371
vCash: 500
And here are the highlights of the game:


Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:51 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.