HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Have You Lost Interest?

Old
02-23-2009, 12:06 AM
thewaitingisover

vCash: 500
I agree 400%. I've been a Ranger fan since I was a kid but I just can't bring myself to even care what they do anymore. I expect them to lose, it no longer affects me. They play bad every game, can't score, aren't aggressive, turnovers all day, no forechecking, no excitement. Oh well.

thewaitingisover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 12:11 AM
gravytrain6t

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYReign View Post
Same here. I kinda hate this team at this point, but I can't stop watching
Right, It's like I haven't lost interest. But I'm losing patience. Especially with the head coach.

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 12:44 AM
trilobyte

Too much will happen over the remaining weeks to lose interest to the point of not watching. I'll keep watching, I bet most of the lose interest people here will too.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 12:51 AM
lbrowne

It's been several years that I've missed a game or most of it when I was fully capable of watching it all.

I can not remember in recent history where the Rangers played back to back games and I missed most of the first one, and all of the second one. I was home the entire time.

lbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 05:49 AM
dank

i have barely posted this season, and i have not watched a game in the past 3 or so weeks (more like weaks)..

if they dont care that much how can i care? i mean it's not a loyal fan thing to say however i feel like i can't try to devote my time to a team when they are boring and not exciting/trying..

just need to see emotion and interest..

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 06:01 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake and Bake View Post
What does that even mean?
I was just going to ask the same question?You think he knows what it mean?

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 06:08 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

You people are pathetic.Go play with your stupid XBOX or Guitar Hero.Go root for another team.You stick by your team even when they aren't exciting or aren't playing well.You root for the logo.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 06:08 AM
NYR Lunchbox

after the jersey retirments i just stopped caring and did as i may with the game on in the backround truly bored to the point of not paying attention. with the good parts of the second period i watch slightly more attentive but only while i set up dinner. during the 3rd i finally sat down n watched for the 1st time in the game as i ate, once the leafs scored 1st i pretty much knew i wasent gonna like the rest. i would have 2 say the 1 moment of exitment i did get was from rozi's goal (btw i kept seeing #33 all night and simply was my bad ) but once it did hit ot i just started cleaning up and doing dishes and then over heard the game winner and went and watch the replay. basically my point is at this point i would rather clean up dinner and do dishes then watch a rangers OT period, i just have 2 shake my head at the fact i say that and the fact the team is that unamuzing

NYR Lunchbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 06:23 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
You people are pathetic.Go play with your stupid XBOX or Guitar Hero.Go root for another team.You stick by your team even when they aren't exciting or aren't playing well.You root for the logo.
Seriously. When I'd get really pissed about a bad loss, my parents would always say, "Calm down, you're rooting for laundry."

Well I ****ing love me some blue laundry.

we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 06:38 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

To answer the question, no.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 07:28 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
I do root for the logo. As I've said, the only thing I've lost interest in is the on-ice product. The players don't care, it's hard to get behind that. And yet, I still watch the games, feel like **** after a loss, and get excited after a goal.

A lot of us spend entirely too much time each day here on this board talking Rangers, so clearly we're all still invested in this team. Feeling a bit of apathy towards a completely apathetic group of players doesn't make me any less of a fan.

And for the record, I've never complained about a lack of excitement.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 07:49 AM
Chris 84

How could you lose interest at a time like this? If we were safely in the playoffs then i might understand some fans losing interest in the rest of the regular season, if we were well out them I could understand fans losing interest but as it is we're in a fight.

I'm the kind of fan who's totally interested regardless but I can't understand fans who lose interest just cos the team is sucking. It's frustrating, you wanna criticise, sure, but why lose interest?

Defending is an art. (not that we're great at that either...)

Last edited by Chris 84: 02-23-2009 at 08:04 AM.
Chris 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 08:36 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris 84 View Post

Defending is an art. (not that we're great at that either...)
True, we don't do one thing right now that the PK hasn't looked as good as it did earlier.

Then again, the '86 team was nothing special in any category and that team went to the Conference finals.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 09:02 AM
Mrpuck

Went from attending 12-15 games a season to 2 this year, then from watching every game I couldn't make live on TV. I then started just TIVO'ing their games and watching them a few hours later so I could just fast forward through the horrible parts. To now just watching Rangers in 60 so if they continue to suck I don't feel like I wasted my entire evening.

What's really odd though, is through their whole drought with no playoffs I never missed a game. Even losing they were entertaining most of the time back then.

We used to complain about the Devils "boring" trap hockey all the time back in 2000 or so. At least that team was winning. This team brings zero excitement. And it all starts with the players. Most enjoyment is watching Orr pounding someones face in and Hank standing on his head half the time until one gets in.

Mrpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 09:30 AM
94now

No. Why? The team is not winning? There's nothing new. But there's huge difference compared to the past. We've got young players that are gaining valuable experience. We are respected in the league. We have the best PK in the NHL. The team lost its entire 1st line that was arguably the best in the NHL in Jagr, Nylander and Straka. Geese, you think replacing Hossa with Voros was an improvement? I don't think so. Was it a good idea replacing Avery with Dawes ? Hell, no. Is Korpikoski better ( or ever be ) than Shanahan. I doubt it. But we got home grown talent playing. That is something to cheer about.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 10:43 AM
ret513

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerMann0809 View Post
anyone who gives up on a team is not a real fan..nothing else to say...your either a fan or your not.
I think your taking frustrated fans too seriously. We New York fans are a ban of brothers. Just posting on a these forums means your a real fan. NY knows their sports. If they say they lost interest its prob for gd reason. Some have been a fan much longer than some have been alive and they all have said at some point they have given up. They actually do care. Whether your young or old, we all can agree that this team is not gd enough

ret513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 10:46 AM
Nich

no, but my drinking and smoking, and denial has gone up as the rangers doing their impression of a beer league team has continued....

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 05:33 PM
yada
move 2 dallas 4 work

vCash: 488
Send a message via Yahoo to yada
i still love the rangers and dont miss any games if i can help it. i pay as much attention whether they win or lose. i cant help it but love the rangers. sure they dont play as exciting a style but that doesnt change how much attention i give them.

yada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 05:59 PM
Blueshirt Special

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrappedinNJ View Post
On the contrary: This is drama.

Will Renney get fired?

Will we make a blockbuster trade?

Will a new coach snap us out of the funk?

It feels like something gotta give no?

I'm staying tuned..............
My post from yesterday........so everybody still interested?

Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 06:15 PM
rickyrod

I haven't lost interest, I've lost hope. I'll still watch, because I'm a sports masochist.

rickyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 06:25 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
I have lost interest, Hope and the will to root for this team. Until the day Sather is fired

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 08:02 PM
fourhole

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalDynamics View Post
No matter how disgusted I am with their last game I still get amped up when I put on MSG and see the opening sequence.

I haven't lost interest, I've kind of wrapped my head around the fact that a combination of factors have hamstrung this team and have lowered my expectations for them.
Instead of interest, maybe you mean hope or the lack there of. With sather in charge, the prospect of making the right decisions seems like a pipe dream.

Old
02-24-2009, 07:04 AM
Cake or Death

I dunno, I think being a Ranger fan is a special thing in its own weird way, so I don't really lose interest. My family is from Queens and the Bronx, and my house was split with Islander and Ranger fans. This one year, my mom - who's an Islanders' fan - made this voodoo doll with a Ranger logo on it. This wasn't much of a voodoo doll, by the way, it was a sock with pipe cleaners. Now as utterly idiotic as that sounds, me and my dad (the Rangers' fans in the house) were nervous this voodoo doll was gonna cause someone to get hurt in the playoffs that season and we burned it. And it's during moments like that where (1) you know you're a complete moron and (2) you know you love the game of hockey.

This is our team. Sure, there are some annoying times, but in all honesty there are a lot of good memories, too. And if you're the type of person who's afraid of a voodoo sock, you're probably a NY Ranger fan. And as much as you may want to kick Sather in the head, you also probably have some special memories, too. Whether those memories involve Leetch, Hedberg, Kocur, Pavelich, or whoever ... this is your team. And that's the thread that connects us all together and I feel the reason we're all posting here. We are NYR fans. And I always enjoy that.

If the current team is pissing you off, just remember: Sather is much older than most of us and he's gonna die sooner. If that isn't immediate enough consolation for ya, create a NYR franchise in NHL '09 ... Redden and Drury can actually be traded in there.

Cake or Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 07:31 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeHockeyFan View Post
If the current team is pissing you off, just remember: Sather is much older than most of us and he's gonna die sooner. If that isn't immediate enough consolation for ya, create a NYR franchise in NHL '09 ... Redden and Drury can actually be traded in there.
Drury Redden

for

Ovechkin Green

I've done it.

we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 07:36 AM
Cake or Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
Drury Redden

for

Ovechkin Green

I've done it.
How the hell did you pull that off? I tried to trade them both in NHL 09 and the A.I. GM offered me a whopper jr. Not even a full whopper, a friggin whopper jr. And to be honest, I thought I got the better end of the trade.

Cake or Death is offline   Reply With Quote