HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Toronto Maple Leaf Rebuild..

Old
02-23-2009, 01:08 AM
Agent007

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick96 View Post
I'm curious what anyone of you would say if I proposed Schneider for a 2nd and 3rd orComrie and Campoli for Ottawa's top 10 1st rounder and McAmmond.
I'd appreciate some actual feedback instead of just "your proposals suck" or simply neglecting leaf fans. So I am a Leaf fan, you'd have to be a moron not to realize it after seeing my sig, thanks for pointing it out to everyone smart guys. Reality is most of you have absolutely no input instead your sitting on your fat butts bashing anything that doesn't favour you!
The Habs also get another conditional draft pick back that could be as high as a 3rd round draft pick or as low as a 5th so basically they traded a 2nd round draft pick for Schneider which too be honest is about where you would expect his value would be around the trade deadline.

People need to seriously stop staying that the Thrashers got a 2nd and 3rd round draft pick for Schneider alone.

Agent007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 01:10 AM
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount

Looks like Kubina isnt going anywhere.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Howar...Summer/3/19564

mcphllp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 01:14 AM
C-A-P-S

Everytime the leafs do a proposal I can't help but laugh.

How bout a little more realism.

Columbus
Antropov

Toronto
2nd and Marc Methot D

Stanley Cup Contender
Kubina

Toronto
1st (late)

Stanley Cup Contender
1st (late)
Solid Prospect (a good one but not a top tier guy such as: Alzner, JVR, etc.)

C-A-P-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 01:19 AM
Predsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafsfanatic16 View Post
Columbus and Pittsburgh both reject, Nashville........... I'm not sure

umm the Nashville was the worst trade out of the 3 of them...

Predsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 05:36 AM
grabo84

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-A-P-S View Post
Everytime the leafs do a proposal I can't help but laugh.

How bout a little more realism.

Columbus
Antropov

Toronto
2nd and Marc Methot D

Stanley Cup Contender
Kubina

Toronto
1st (late)

Stanley Cup Contender
1st (late)
Solid Prospect (a good one but not a top tier guy such as: Alzner, JVR, etc.)
This is what most Leaf fans are asking for.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 06:50 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by grabo84 View Post
Hey, don't be too put off by the criticism. I appreciate that you put so much work in the proposal. Just post it in the proposal thread of the Leaf forum first next time to get a rough idea of value and it'll be better received next time.
Right, because he is the only Leaf fan that overvalues their players right? These proposals are horrible, and expected. Brassard is a great young prospect, and that package would definitely not be anywhere near what he would warrant. If anyone thinks that Antropov is going to bring back a high pick and player as good as Suter, you are going to be very dissapointed.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 07:21 AM
nilssont

nilssont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 08:59 AM
grabo84

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
Right, because he is the only Leaf fan that overvalues their players right? These proposals are horrible, and expected. Brassard is a great young prospect, and that package would definitely not be anywhere near what he would warrant. If anyone thinks that Antropov is going to bring back a high pick and player as good as Suter, you are going to be very dissapointed.
What are you talking about? I obviously don't think that. I was trying not to slam him, and to get him to post in the trade proposal thread on the Leafs forum for a while. If you didn't like this proposal, isn't that a good thing?

Old
02-23-2009, 09:09 AM
Nikita Filatov*

Send a message via AIM to Nikita Filatov*
No one wants Kaberle. His huge concussion history (according to some) means his value is nothing more than Radek Bonk, who may have more value because he's never had a concussion.

Nikita Filatov* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 09:13 AM
grabo84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikita Filatov View Post
No one wants Kaberle. His huge concussion history (according to some) means his value is nothing more than Radek Bonk, who may have more value because he's never had a concussion.
Nikita, taking arguments from one thread into another is pretty much trolling. Kaberle doesn't have a history of concussions. He's completely recovered. If Bergeron recovers to a similar extent, there'll be no concerns about his health.

Old
02-23-2009, 09:15 AM
Nikita Filatov*

Send a message via AIM to Nikita Filatov*
What the....? This thread is about the Leafs, not Marc-Andre Bergeron.

Nikita Filatov* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 09:19 AM
grabo84

Quote:
What the....? This thread is about the Leafs, not Marc-Andre Bergeron.
Haha, of course.

Old
02-23-2009, 09:56 AM
Sneekypete

Quote:
Here, I'll take on the role of GM of the Toronto Maple Leafs and propose a few trades with the inclination that they will improve us in the long run (2-3 years). From there fans of their respected clubs as well as Leaf fans could post their opinions regarding whether or not they believe I am a realist or just a goof hah.
Players on my trading block include: Antropov, Bell, Blake, Kaberle, Kubina, Ponikarovsky & Stajan

First, I'd attempt to swing a deal with a club trying to get into the playoffs.
To Toronto:
Ryan Suter
2nd Rounder

To Nashville
Nikolai Antropov

I see Antropov as a nice fit on a line with Erat & Bonk in the pursuit of a playoff spot.

Second, I'd send..
To Columbus
Pavel Kubina
Jason Blake
3rd Rounder

To Toronto
Derrick Brassard
(salary dump)

Columbus gets a defenceman to stand up to a forwards rushing Mason in the playoffs, which will be inevitable & takes a
chance on a streaking forward who was quoted to saying "as you get older your your desire for the cup increases." (I'm not
going as far as saying Blake is a playoff performer which would be far from true but he very well maybe a pest who scores some big goals for them in the playoffs). In return Toronto receives a top tier prospect and another player as a salary dump.

Thirdly,
To Toronto
Jordan Staal
Ryan Whitney
2nd Rounder

To Pittsburgh
Tomas Kaberle
Alexei Ponikarovsky

Pittsburgh receives a top 5 puck moving defenceman who can keep up with their offense on the rush. If pittsburgh plays Crosby & Malkin on seperate lines they could have Gonchar and Kaberle anchor each line respectively (Kaberle on one and Gonchar on the other instead of pairing them together). Ponikarovsky would be a good dump and chase sort of player on their third line. Toronto receives prospects and another pick.

The Toronto Line up looks like this after the deadline.

Hagman Grabovski Kulemin
Stempniak Brassard Stajan
Mitchell Staal May
Mayers Moore Hollweg

Schenn Van Ryn
White Whitney
Finger Suter

Toskala
Pogge

A top 5 pick and three 2nd rounders in the draft as well as the pursuit of a first line winger like Rick Nash in the offseason and the rebuilding process is off to a head start. Stempniak is moved or plays in the AHL as well as Stajan, and you fill those wings with offseason acquisitions and your done.

See this GM thing isn't hard at all hehe.. everyone leave their opinions!
Another Monday Morning Laugh at the expense of a Leaf poster.
You are totally out of your mind if u think any of these can happen outside of NHL 09 for your xbox360.

Sneekypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 10:40 AM
MARKOVFTW

In the same logic....

Jason Blake
Nik Antropov
Jiri Tlusty

For Malkin

The penguins improve on the wing with an amazing pair of wingers (LOLZ) to play with Crosby, and the leafs get the player with the most points in the league.

This guy is clueless, I rarely post but this thread is an epic FAIL!

MARKOVFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 10:58 AM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
I'm projecting the teams in the west, in a tight conference, to be willing to swing some deals especially in markets that really aren't there during a time of recession in order to make the playoffs ASAP and maintain whatever fan base they have over there. I am also someone who thinks that trades like these will occur and anyone who disagree's is seriously undermining this years deadline potential. I am also very enthusiastic, seeing as how I believe deals will be swung, because the top defenceman and one of the top forwards at the deadline will be Maple Leafs so LET THE BIDDING BEGIN!
Patrick - I'm not trying to be a jerk - but can you give me ONE example where trade deadline rental's returned bonified BLUE CHIP young players who were contributing at the NHL level? Guys like Ryan Suter and Derrick Brassard don't get traded for 20+ games of Antropov.

And asking the Jackets to pick up $9M in salary just is not realistic, even if you're willing to take a salary dump back.

This isn't the first year when you've got a bunch of teams close to making the P/O's. To think that the Leafs will get the level of quality young players back in the deal is just ludicrous.

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 01:36 PM
BoldNewLettuce
Esquire

vCash: 50
Chicago - Ponickerofski, Kubina for Skille, Sopel and a 3rd..
Edmonton - Stempniak for Grebeshkov and a 3rd.
Detroit - Mayers for a 4th.
New Jersey - Antropov, Van Ryn for Madden, Vrana, Cormier and a 2nd.

blah.

BoldNewLettuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 03:04 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

man this stuff is why I spend most of my time on the boards defending the team and players. Your making us all look like idiots. Yes these are players we'd like all like to have the problem is we wont' be getting them.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 03:06 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
What are you talking about. His huge concussion history of one. If teams didn't want players because they've had a concussion then there would be a lot of players with no value.

Old
02-23-2009, 03:07 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohaj View Post
Chicago - Ponickerofski, Kubina for Skille, Sopel and a 3rd..
Edmonton - Stempniak for Grebeshkov and a 3rd.
Detroit - Mayers for a 4th.
New Jersey - Antropov, Van Ryn for Madden, Vrana, Cormier and a 2nd.

blah.
Ponikarovsky not whatever you put there

Old
02-23-2009, 03:15 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
I'm curious what anyone of you would say if I proposed Schneider for a 2nd and 3rd or
Comrie and Campoli for Ottawa's top 10 1st rounder and McAmmond.
I'd appreciate some actual feedback instead of just "your proposals suck" or simply neglecting leaf fans. So I am a Leaf fan, you'd have to be a moron not to realize it after seeing my sig, thanks for pointing it out to everyone smart guys. Reality is most of you have absolutely no input instead your sitting on your fat butts bashing anything that doesn't favour you!
welcome to the main boards. This is why leafs fans keep saying bring it to our boards first. If it get's through there you could have a shot at a decent thread here. If in your head you believe you've thought this through and that it will end well guess what. This is the end result. Your proposal are very one sided and we would have told you in a more favorable way in the leafs thread. You wanted to post with the big boys this is what your gonna get. Even when the trades are close there are lot's of people who still post negative stuff. The problem is your proposals are so far off your gonna get nothing but bashing. Get use to seeing this. This won't end well, lock this thread or let the flaming begin.

Old
02-23-2009, 03:23 PM
My Sweet Shadow

Quote:
Kaberle had one concussion in his career and missed a grand total of 8 games because of it. Next to this broken hand, his worst recent injury was a shoulder problem in 03-04 that caused him to miss 10 games.

Now, I'm no doctor, but I'd say he's a pretty safe bet injury-wise.

My Sweet Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 03:25 PM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnkd View Post
I think Nashville might except if Toronto adds their first pick this year but still I doubt it.

We still don't.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 03:30 PM
iceless
-`ღ-

First two proposals are absolute highway robbery by the Leafs. Just terrible. Last one is feasible if you take out the 2nd on PIT's end.

iceless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 03:40 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
For education purposes only. I'd comment on the Nashville trade, but that's been discussed enough. So...

Quote:
Second, I'd send..
To Columbus
Pavel Kubina
Jason Blake
3rd Rounder

To Toronto
Derrick Brassard
(salary dump)

Columbus gets a defenceman to stand up to a forwards rushing Mason in the playoffs, which will be inevitable & takes a
chance on a streaking forward who was quoted to saying "as you get older your your desire for the cup increases." (I'm not
going as far as saying Blake is a playoff performer which would be far from true but he very well maybe a pest who scores some big goals for them in the playoffs). In return Toronto receives a top tier prospect and another player as a salary dump.
Trading Brass doesn't work. Brassard is arguably the most untouchable of the Big 5 there is, potentially even over Mason, because he is our only realistic prospect at center. That untouchability status was touched on in myth #1.

Salary dump balance doesn't work. Howson has managed the contracts here such that, unless Huselius suddenly becomes a liability, we don't have any. This was touched on in myth #9.

Jason Blake doesn't work. He's a winger. We have a bloody f##kton of wingers, on our team and in the system. He'd have almost noplace to play. His contract just makes it worse.

Your rationale for Kubina doesn't work. Our defense is built almost entirely on shutdown ability; the top pairing of Commodore and Hejda exists exclusively to shut down top-sixers because they can't hardly score. While Kubina would be useful for his offensive output ability, he's not strictly needed.

Quote:
... as well as the pursuit of a first line winger like Rick Nash in the offseason...
As a low-key guy who avoids excess publicity, the captain of our team, the face of the franchise, our only 1st overall pick ever, and a rapidly maturing superstar who genuinely enjoys this town, Rick Nash is fully expected to be signed to a very nice contract extension with the Jackets this July.

Oh, and in another post...

Quote:
I believe that there will be many deals swung deadline day.. some invol2ving teams on the playoff bubble playing in measily markets in order to make the playoffs and push (i.e. Nashville, Columbus, Florida). This will cause the value of players on selling teams to go up.
Myth #4.

All that said... I applaud you for at least trying to think through needs of other teams. Just need to do some better research next time.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 04:01 PM
Patrick96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
For education purposes only. I'd comment on the Nashville trade, but that's been discussed enough. So...

Trading Brass doesn't work. Brassard is arguably the most untouchable of the Big 5 there is, potentially even over Mason, because he is our only realistic prospect at center. That untouchability status was touched on in myth #1.

Salary dump balance doesn't work. Howson has managed the contracts here such that, unless Huselius suddenly becomes a liability, we don't have any. This was touched on in myth #9.

Jason Blake doesn't work. He's a winger. We have a bloody f##kton of wingers, on our team and in the system. He'd have almost noplace to play. His contract just makes it worse.

Your rationale for Kubina doesn't work. Our defense is built almost entirely on shutdown ability; the top pairing of Commodore and Hejda exists exclusively to shut down top-sixers because they can't hardly score. While Kubina would be useful for his offensive output ability, he's not strictly needed.

As a low-key guy who avoids excess publicity, the captain of our team, the face of the franchise, our only 1st overall pick ever, and a rapidly maturing superstar who genuinely enjoys this town, Rick Nash is fully expected to be signed to a very nice contract extension with the Jackets this July.

Oh, and in another post...

Myth #4.

All that said... I applaud you for at least trying to think through needs of other teams. Just need to do some better research next time.
I appreaciate your input and have realized that my proposals may have been brash in the smallest sense of the word but can you blame me, after all it is apparent that I am a leaf fan and obviously a lil' jealous of the young talent other teams possess.haha

Patrick96 is offline   Reply With Quote