HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Jean Perron on "Tout le monde en parle"

Old
02-22-2009, 08:06 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanasianfrasian View Post
he also said that what he knows about Price, Higgins and Skost is far worse then the partying Theo, Ribeiro and Dagenais were doing. And he says he doesnt understand that those 3 were traded, but higgins and skost are still here...

which led to the question of trading price which he said he hopes and thinks the org will try to do everything to cure him before trading him
You basically explained where this is all coming from.

It's all that good ol' sector of the media we all know and love, saying french players are treated unfairly. That's what this was from the beginning.

waffledave
waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 08:06 PM
GoldenForum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei Kosteegin View Post
Jean Perron needs to get laid, big time.
It'll be real tough for him with that comb-over.

GoldenForum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 08:07 PM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Wow I never knew people here were that sensitive about perron and the habs !

Jeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 08:09 PM
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigM1ke View Post
He wasn't sure about the Huet story though but said that "may" be the case. Other than that, he seemed to know everything he was talking about... I was surprised.
What? He didn't seem to know JACKSQUAT. He never answered a question about what they supposedly did. He kept giving us the run around. He knows nothing.

Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 08:11 PM
BigM1ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
What? He didn't seem to know JACKSQUAT. He never answered a question about what they supposedly did. He kept giving us the run around. He knows nothing.
I'm sure he knows ALOT but he knows too that if he talks without any proofs, he's in BIG trouble. The team and the league probably warned the media about this whole issue.

He definitively knew WAY more that what he said. He said it a few times that he wouldn't say new stuff during the show.

BigM1ke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 08:12 PM
Fire Brunet*

I got a warning for posting the real Huet story...

Fire Brunet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 08:15 PM
TheCanasianfrasian

Send a message via MSN to TheCanasianfrasian
everyone knows the real huet story anyway you dont need to post it.

TheCanasianfrasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 08:15 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolore#20 View Post
I have to ask, how in the world does Jean Perron know who's partying and who's doing what? A 63 year old man seems to know a lot about the party habits of 20 somethings. Isn't that equally disturbing?
That is certainly true. Having said that, I can't help but believe all this stuff given all the mounting evidence and well, we're not sposed to start fires according to board rules, but let's just say, many of us go out to the same places. So all i'm saying is that Perron and co. are IMO not making all this up. There is some basis and as for "who cares if they party?": again...no one, as long as it doesn't affect their play, which I think it has. Yes Ovy parties too. It does not seem to affect HIM. It DOES seem to affect the Habs players mentioned. Anyway, Gainey and Carbo both said they are keeping the team on lockdown, which is the only way to make sure that it isn't a factor. Wtf are they partying about anyway? Play like the Ott game. Make that your sole focus. Party in June and I guarantee it will be more partying than you can ever handle.

The real Huet story? Dammit, I guess I missed an important day on HF. Dammit...i am very curious now (argh HF! argh! dirty gossip!)

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 08:16 PM
Frankenheimer

If what he says is true, then I think he did the right thing. There's no doubt that staying up late, drinking, and doing drugs (if they were doing drugs) affects performance over time. It's not such a big deal to make this public knowledge. They get paid a lot of money to basically play a sport and perform at a high level. If their off-ice behaviour is a detriment to their performance and they're (players, club) not responsibly taking care of it, then I don't really see the problem in doing something about it. Look at all the energy that's poured into this team from the fans. We all have an interest in seeing the club do well, and our money goes toward their salaries.

Frankenheimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Schooner Guy

Quote:
I agree that this makes no sense in a certain way, but I understand what he wanted to do though. But you have to agree that things changed in 20 years. The players have to be more careful about what they do and who they go out with. But, like I said, he said that the problem is bigger than the "party" issue...
I just get a kick out of how he goes on about being concerned about the impacts of partying on Habs performance and the jobs of his former players Bob and Guy but then says partying wasn't a big deal in his era because there was less technology and information. Granted publicity is important, partying still had the same effect on the bottom line which is wins and losses. I find it comical that he said it wasn't a big deal in his day despite his preaching on the effects partying is having on today's team.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Rahan

Quote:
I'm sure he knows ALOT but he knows too that if he talks without any proofs, he's in BIG trouble. The team and the league probably warned the media about this whole issue.

He definitively knew WAY more that what he said. He said it a few times that he wouldn't say new stuff during the show.
But... don't you realize that it's very easy for him to say that he knows more but won't say it (for whatever reason?!). ANYONE can use this strategy when they've got their backs against the wall when asked for proof... Why do you give this any value?

I'm pretty sure I know the answer... It's only because it's about drama in a hockey team. If it were about any other subject, you'd be asking for proof. I could say I know a lot more about your wife than you do but won't tell, and I'm pretty sure you'd laugh.

I just chose to act the same way with Perron. He's just trying to save face, since people don't think that partying is that bad.

Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 08:26 PM
BigM1ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
But... don't you realize that it's very easy for him to say that he knows more but won't say it (for whatever reason?!). ANYONE can use this strategy when they've got their backs against the wall when asked for proof... Why do you give this any value?

I'm pretty sure I know the answer... It's only because it's about drama in a hockey team. If it were about any other subject, you'd be asking for proof. I could say I know a lot more about your wife than you do but won't tell, and I'm pretty sure you'd laugh.

I just chose to act the same way with Perron. He's just trying to save face, since people don't think that partying is that bad.
I understand your point of view, and this may be true, but I just highly doubt it. Perron wouldn't have gone through all of this with fake stories. He wouldn't have called Gainey to tell him some BS.

You know that "La Presse" was going to publicate a few articles about the Habs players but all of this was cancelled at the last minute? I'm pretty sure the league, Gainey or some other people went in the way of the newspaper and gave them no choice of stopping those publications.

Heck, even on "L'Antichambre", everyone was looking perturbed by the recent news, and it's certainly not the Kost saga with the gangster that would moved all of these guys....

I'd put 5$ that Perron is right and knows way more for real.

Old
02-22-2009, 08:29 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
I understand your point of view, and this may be true, but I just highly doubt it. Perron wouldn't have gone through all of this with fake stories. He wouldn't have called Gainey to tell him some BS.

You know that "La Presse" was going to publicate a few articles about the Habs players but all of this was cancelled at the last minute? I'm pretty sure the league, Gainey or some other people went in the way of the newspaper and gave them no choice of stopping those publications.

Heck, even on "L'Antichambre", everyone was looking perturbed by the recent news, and it's certainly not the Kost saga with the gangster that would moved all of these guys....

Maybe, what they heard was all speculation and that's what blew off their minds

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 08:35 PM
HomaridII

This whole thing really pissed me off. It pissed me off because on Thursday Night I heard from someone who was at the RDS studio what supposedly was going to be revealed on Friday by La Presse and what I heard they knew was a LOT worse than what actually came out.

Frankly, everybody in that studio contributed to the rumors getting out of hand by not only blowing it out of proportion on camera but spreading it OFF camera and THEN what comes out is basically NOTHING. In the future all these guys should speak up and say what they allegedly know or shut the hell up. If there was another station covering the team right now, english or french, to the extent that RDS does, I would stop watching those fools right now.

Edit: And Perron should go back to whatever hole he crawled out of, he was fired because he was an average coach, plain and simple. He should forever pray to St. Patrick.

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 08:38 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
This whole thing really pissed me off. It pissed me off because on Thursday Night I heard from someone who was at the RDS studio what supposedly was going to be revealed on Friday by La Presse and what I heard they knew was a LOT worse than what actually came out.

Frankly, everybody in that studio contributed to the rumors getting out of hand by not only blowing it out of proportion on camera but spreading it OFF camera and THEN what comes out is basically NOTHING. In the future all these guys should speak up and say what they allegedly know or shut the hell up. If there was another station covering the team right now, english or french, to the extent that RDS does, I would stop watching those fools right now.
that's the big problem with RDS, they don't have any competitors, what we have seen these days is a sad effect of media convergence

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 08:39 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:

Gainey, the Habs, and the NHL have zero authority over what gets printed in La Presse. If they decided not to print something last minute, it's because La Presse's lawyers advised them not to. The reason for such advice would likely because they had no proof and didn't have a leg to stand on if Habs organization or individual players decided to sue.

Perron better be careful what he says publicly or he could end up in court with some hefty legal bills. The whole O'Byrne/Huet rumour from Tampa is pure speculation. Not to mention, Perron is breaking journalism codes by going public with unfounded rumours.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 08:39 PM
Maximus Taylor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
that's the big problem with RDS, they don't have any competitors, what we have seen these days is a sad effect of media convergence
that is not convergence. that is the habs selling to only one media.

Maximus Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 08:40 PM
MonacoBlue

Honestly, unless the Kostys or any other Habs players killed someone or did something that actually hurt someone else (i.e there is a REAL victim and not some drunk girl who regrets what she did), then it's not a big deal. And, if the guys did commit a REAL crime, they'd be behind bars by now or at least questioned. These reporters just need to leave the players alone.

MonacoBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 08:40 PM
BigM1ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
I agree with this. RDS is crap and I have no respect for them. But, as for the big "scoop", I think that they really wanted to tell it but, due to some last minute request or information they received, they couldn't say it anymore. Maybe not.

Old
02-22-2009, 08:41 PM
HomaridII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
Gainey and the Habs have zero authority over what gets printed in La Presse. If they decided not to print something last minute, it's because La Presse's lawyers advised them not to. The reason for such advice would likely because they had no proof and didn't have a leg to stand on if Habs organization or individual players decided to sue.

Perron better be careful what he says publicly or he could end up in court with some hefty legal bills. The whole O'Byrne/Huet rumour from Tampa is pure speculation. Not to mention, Perron is breaking journalism codes by going public with unfounded rumours.
I completely agree with you. Nothing else has come out in print because nobody has 100% undisputable proof, if they had something, they would have published it.

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 08:42 PM
BigM1ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
Gainey, the Habs, and the NHL have zero authority over what gets printed in La Presse. If they decided not to print something last minute, it's because La Presse's lawyers advised them not to. The reason for such advice would likely because they had no proof and didn't have a leg to stand on if Habs organization or individual players decided to sue.

Yeah, I know this, but still, they could have told them they were going to sue them or something like this...

Old
deandebean

The info will come out one day. For sure. Wait until the investigation ends and wait until it goes to court. Then, you'll know.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CaptKirk

I have no problems with what players do on off nights but they can't be going out on the nights before games and getting lit up. It's not fair to their teammates, coaches, GM, the owner, the fans and the teams great history because clearly their partying is directly affecting the way certain players are playing. I also feel this is causing tension in the room as it isn't fair for guys who come to the rink prepared everyday and are ready to put everything they have into trying to make this team succeed. You can just see the team hasn't been on the same page for most of the year. Guys are running around, not playing their positions which makes the systems Guy is trying to employ useless because once one player gets out of position the system goes for a shat. I can't remember seeing a team look so lost in it's own zone and give up so many odd man rushes. I am not the biggest Carbo supporter but to suggest he doesn't even have a system is ridiculous even though at times thats what it looks like. I also imagine they do quite a bit of video analyses, analyzing what positions to be in, what their jobs are etc. and it has to be tough to truly feel the positive effects of such a session when your hanging from partying to hard the night before. Playing an entire season has to be hard enough on these players bodies without partying every night and getting a lack of sleep and putting whatever chemicals they're putting into their bodies to aid in their breakdown. I know I may be coming across as a hardass and some people may not agree with me but I think this has to be related to the teams poor play of late and isn't merely a coincidence.

CaptKirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 08:48 PM
deandebean

You guys think that partying savagely is great? Wow. I partied like an animal a lot. Even not long ago. But we're talking about pro players in the eye of the public. They have a responsibility as athletes and as players wearing the CH.

Sure, others partied a lot in their heydays. But it did not affect their performances on the ice.

This time it has. Even Carbo said it.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 08:52 PM
habdynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
You guys think that partying savagely is great? Wow. I partied like an animal a lot. Even not long ago. But we're talking about pro players in the eye of the public. They have a responsibility as athletes and as players wearing the CH.

Sure, others partied a lot in their heydays. But it did not affect their performances on the ice.

This time it has. Even Carbo said it.
16 years without a cup in Montreal, I would say the partying must have had an effect on a few players over the years...

habdynasty is online now   Reply With Quote