HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jean Perron on "Tout le monde en parle"

Old
02-22-2009, 09:26 PM
Gary320

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MONACOBLUE View Post
Maybe they're not performing because of injuries, lack of chemistry, bad coaching, etc.? Look at what Schneider has done for our PP. That's all on ice stuff.

This whole scandal would never have come out if the team was winning. Perron basically admitted this. If the team was winning and the players were still getting high as a kite before and after games, people wouldn't care. But they do care if they're losing because this is clearly the reason they're losing. Like that makes sense. If they're winning, then it's not important enough to matter, but, if they're losing, it's very important.

This whole scandal is basically the press feeding off people's worries about the Habs losing in order to gain publicity and a few bucks.
It's true, if the team was winning, none of this would come out. How many stories were there last year? The O'Byrne scandal, Koivu and the french language? What else?

I mean last year your telling me a guy like lets say Chris Higgins wasn't partying last year?.. He probably was.. even more because the team was winning. Lack of confidence, team chemistry... these kinds of things happen.

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 09:26 PM
MonacoBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
What ever happend to believing something when you've got 100% proof? I don't believe much of this who-ha-ha that these players are doing something REALLY BAD unless there is proof.. If they party, big deal. Has long as it hasn't effected their game. For me, I think the reason why a guy like Price isn't doing well is purely because he is lacking confidence in himself.. Hey it happens you know? He's 21 for god sakes.

Who I feel bad for now is the young players, if they do go partying anymore people are going to rush to their computers and some journalist to e-mail. "Oh my god, I saw Carey Price today he had a beer in his hands and he was flirting with three girls! Oh my god, no wonder he's not playing good!"
This too. We live in a society of "innocent until proven guilty." Unfortunately, like many other important foundational aspects of Canada, this has been completely forgotten. It's a disgrace, and no matter how much people will say it's naive to think the players are angels (which I don't believe), it's also not right to assume them guilty of things they might not have done.

MonacoBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 09:27 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Maybe they're not performing because of injuries, lack of chemistry, bad coaching, etc.? Look at what Schneider has done for our PP. That's all on ice stuff.

This whole scandal would never have come out if the team was winning. Perron basically admitted this. If the team was winning and the players were still getting high as a kite before and after games, people wouldn't care. But they do care if they're losing because this is clearly the reason they're losing. Like that makes sense. If they're winning, then it's not important enough to matter, but, if they're losing, it's very important.

This whole scandal is basically the press feeding off people's worries about the Habs losing in order to gain publicity and a few bucks.
I agree that the team has been playing like **** lately. It could be chemistry. It could be the coaching (I agree on that point). But it could be the other reason too. Why? Not the partying. No. But because the kids knew that their anctics were about to be exposed publicly. It could be. Personally, if it was me, I would have trouble sleeping, knowing that Joe Public would know about some of my wrong doings.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 02-24-2009 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Don't circumvent the profanity filter.
deandebean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 09:27 PM
habdynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
Well, either you believe Doan (which I do), either you believe the line judge, a franco, who, to this day, still believes he heard Doan shout it to the crew.

Funny thing is: where's the linesman today?
was he whacked soprano style????

habdynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 09:29 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
I don't know this Perron fellow, but that summary made it seem he didn't want to bomb the Habs.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 09:30 PM
deandebean

Quote:
This too. We live in a society of "innocent until proven guilty." Unfortunately, like many other important foundational aspects of Canada, this has been completely forgotten. It's a disgrace, and no matter how much people will say it's naive to think the players are angels (which I don't believe), it's also not right to assume them guilty of things they might not have done.
And that's exactly why nobody wrote about it...yet. I blame the electronic media for bringing this subject as if it was the end of the world. But I suspect La Presse was feeding them a different story than what was printed.

You'll probably see the story end up in a Photo Police in a near future (does it still exist?). That's how you learned most of the dirt regarding the hockey players in the 80's.

Old
02-22-2009, 09:30 PM
Erik Estrada

I think Price's play has been poor. Our forwards haven't been great. However, the single biggest failing has been on defense.

Sergei and Higgins aren't defensemen, maybe partying affected their backchecking and added some turnovers, but it doesn't take away from the fact our defense has been horrible and has lost us several games.

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 09:31 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I don't know this Perron fellow, but that summary made it seem he didn't want to bomb the Habs.
But he's too stupid to realise that he opened a can of worms. A can that the Habs thought they had control over.

Old
02-22-2009, 09:32 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
I think Price's play has been poor. Our forwards haven't been great. However, the single biggest failing has been on defense.

Sergei and Higgins aren't defensemen, maybe partying affected their backchecking and added some turnovers, but it doesn't take away from the fact our defense has been horrible and has lost us several games.
I believe our forwards are the main culprits. Really. How can a defenceman make an outlet pass when your forwards are about 2 zones in front of you??? Blame the forwards.

And I think that Carbo's system is built that way. That's what makes it even more stupid.

Old
02-22-2009, 09:34 PM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigM1ke View Post
Jean Perron was on the show tonight for 10-15 minutes and said alot of stuff about the current Habs situation. Here is a quick recap :

- He said that O'Byrne took one for the team last year by taking the bag of the girl in the bar since there was compromising pictures taken by the girl on that phone.

- Huet may have been linked to that incident and that may be why he was trade later on
the trade deadline.

- The awful game Price at Edmonton awhile ago was what made him lost his mind and call Gainey. He was too pissed off and couldn't watch the team any longer knowing what he knew about some players.

- Price, Higgins and Kostitsyn, among the other, are really out partying alot. He didn't want to go into details but he said that they are alot of stuff that wasn't said and that they are way worst than what's already out.

- Another guest in the show (Normand Brathwaite) also said that there was alot of gossip in the city about the players going out. He said that in some restaurants, the owners were telling him that the team played badly the night before because some of the players were partying at his place the night before and stuff like this.

- He doesn't care about Higgins, Kost and the others but only about Price since he's the one than can bring the team to the Cup. He believes the team won't trade him and do everything they can to "cure" him from his bad habits.

- He said the scoop last week about the players partying because he wanted to help Gainey and Carbo since he wants them to stay with the club the longer possible.

- He called Gainey to tell him everything he knew awhile ago, being very specific about each incidents, the places and the times it happened (he could almost tell the exact time they were at some specific places).

- He said that he was under the impression that Gainey already knew everything he was telling him.

- He said players used to party too while he was a coach many years ago but it wasn't that big of a deal since there wasn't cell phones, blogs, internets, etc. at that time.

I'm not a big fan of Perron and I didn't like his "coming out" last week but now that I've heard him, I think that he truly wants the best for this team and he's not making stuff up. Anyway, just wanted to let you guys know for those who missed it.
I'm not sure if owners dirctly would had said that. Staff yes perhaps but owners have nothing to gain but rather more to lose by saying stuff like this.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 09:38 PM
Iwishihadacup

Conclusion of tonight, we heard all that we had to hear Friday

good job french media, you just made yourselves a lot of BBM!!!

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 09:39 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
I'm not sure if owners dirctly would had said that. Staff yes perhaps but owners have nothing to gain but rather more to lose by saying stuff like this.
The owner saying that to a client/friend like Brathwaite would make sense.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
You can keep ignoring it all you want. It's been pretty clear for a while that that's the real story.
Although I think the story is more likely to be real, why are people so confident that that is the REAL story. What is the proof, or is it just based on the fact that so many people think it is the real story..

Old
BigM1ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
Maybe I quoted him incorrectly on this, but it was for sure someone working there and not just a waiter or a cook.

BigM1ke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 09:41 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Perron is trying to claer his name to look like a guy who wants to save the team after all the crap he has brought up and that nothing stuck to the team in charges and allegations.

He is trying to cover his own @$$ to look like he knows what is going on.

I find it funny now that he says this about O'Byrne now with the purse incident in Atlanta. Come on, people in Atlanta have a hard time knowing there is a hockey team in Atlanta and let alone what a professional hockey player from Montreal looks like. He is speculating and stirring more up if anything.

And also, if Gainey and Carbo are in his thoughts why wouldn't he just tell them...why go to the media and whine and complain about the players and the management publicly if his heart and good intentions were towards them???

He is an a-hole and a liar trying to dig his crediablity out of the gutter.
You realize that was taped Thursday. There is no smoke without fire. There are indeed some issues.

Old
02-22-2009, 09:41 PM
MonacoBlue

Quote:
I believe our forwards are the main culprits. Really. How can a defenceman make an outlet pass when your forwards are about 2 zones in front of you??? Blame the forwards.

And I think that Carbo's system is built that way. That's what makes it even more stupid.
Have you watched Komisarek play lately? He can't handle the puck. It's like a grenade on his stick. Komi makes the worst decisions with and without the puck now. Hamrlik pinches in at all the wrong times. Bouillon tries, but he just can't handle bigger forwards. And so on. The defense has been brutal most games. The team is losing as a team. There's no one person or group of players to blame, which is why this whole media scandal is ******** because it only focuses on certain players.

Fortunately, I think they'll start playing better soon, and this will all blow over. Getting Tanguay back will help, and it looks like sitting out a couple of games has done Pleks and Kovy some good. There's still work to be done, though.

Old
02-22-2009, 09:46 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
If you think all of this was about partying, then you've got it wrong. Ovechkin drinks like a maniac, but he probably doesn't participate in what the Habs' players are suspected of doing. The problem is all of this is more the fact that the media overhyped the moment, instead of waiting for the info to come out. They all wanted to get the ratings. That's where they screwed big time.

But the info is still out there, and it will get out one day. And I suspect some of you won't be too proud of these types of threads.
If the players are stupid enough to do things that everyday people do and try not to get caught in I think "oh well" it is their problem. Why should I care?

It is their life, their issues and their battles.

It has nothing to do with me personally. It doesn't make me look worse to people. I'm not associated with anything they maybe involved in.

People here link their own lives too much to people they watch and will never ever be associated with as a friend.

Look, things happen to professional athletes all the time and we could talk for months about it. Here are some NHL players that have done things in the past and I'm sure no one is talking about it still, and their local media'a are probably not even thinking of running follow up stories for months.

Staal brothers; http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/stor...-arrested.html

Minor league plane incident; http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont....63baf429.html

Jere Karalahti; http://www.reuters.com/article/sport...40916720071109

Mike Danton; http://www.shortnews.com/start.cfm?id=38856

Rick Tocchet; http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/spor.../19/2003374933

Kevin Stevens; http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...evens,%20Kevin

Bob Probert; http://vault.sportsillustrated.cnn.c...6613/index.htm

The incidents are there for other teams, other players and some more serious.

But, because it is Montreal and the newspapers are more like tabloid these things are made bigger and worse than they are.

Being associated with a mid-level drug dealer who was arrested is not as bad as the ones above who were guilty of something and ones that I didn't even list.

Perron had some of the worse players in Kordic and Corson out there doing crap and he is the trying to preach on how to be a good coach and GM and how players should act?

One word for Perron... hypocrite.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 09:46 PM
MonacoBlue

Quote:
You realize that was taped Thursday. There is no smoke without fire. There are indeed some issues.
And this is how innocent people end up in being assumed guilty of things they didn't do. The fact that there are "signs" of things does not mean anything. It's how it always starts. People just "know" something is not right. Then, over time, they find out they were wrong.

It's not that hard to wait for conclusive evidence, is it? I'll be happy to condemn them then (1) if there is proof and (2) what they did was actually criminal.

Old
02-22-2009, 09:56 PM
MonacoBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
If your saying the Montreal Canadiens are above the law I think your wrong. You can have some pull in somethings like maybe getting off with a DUI maybe, but if they were in anything more serious it would not get swept under the rug. A DUI is something I think they should take responsibilty for too, but it happens in most markets for most pro sports and it is sad.
I don't think the Canadiens are above the law at all. I am a huge Habs fan but, if I was in that position, I would take them to court every time if they did something wrong. The people who become cops, lawyers, etc. don't do it for the money. Sure, some of them may be corrupted, but there aren't enough corrupt lawyers and cops to be able to sweep everything under the rug.

Old
02-22-2009, 10:02 PM
znk

Quote:
And this is how innocent people end up in being assumed guilty of things they didn't do. The fact that there are "signs" of things does not mean anything. It's how it always starts. People just "know" something is not right. Then, over time, they find out they were wrong.

It's not that hard to wait for conclusive evidence, is it? I'll be happy to condemn them then (1) if there is proof and (2) what they did was actually criminal.
I think people are confusing 2 things what most of the media did doesnt really have anything to do with what Perron did. They were working on it for a while and made a big deal with it to get some sales.
Because it's negative towards the team people assume Perron said what he said to hurt the team. No one figures he might have more legitimate reasons? Like getting these folks to straigten up a little and having them realize that what they do around people can come and bite them in the ass.

It's ok to be suspicious of the meida. In fact it's healthy. But to go the barricades each time something you dont agree with is put out there is just as bad as believing everything.

Old
02-22-2009, 10:04 PM
emb24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
What a joker! I like how he tries to play the good sumeritan card by warning Gainey and Carbo because he likes them, acknowledges that Gainey seemed to already know, and then goes public with his information which creates huges for fires for both Gainey and Carbo to try to deal with and put out but Perron is doing this because he want what's good for them. Jean Perron is in this for Jean Perron and nobody else.

I also get a kick out of him going on about the negative impacts of partying on players performance but then changes tune by saying it wasn't a big deal if players partied during his coaching days because there was no internet, cell phone cameras etc. (umm, I think partying still affected performance in your day Jean). He's talking out of both sides of his mouth.

Jean Perron's a certified idiot!
e.x.a.c.t.l.y

you don't go public if you 'care' about the team. big disingenuous idiot. you go to gainey and you get through to him and if you don't you keep trying. you don't go public. ever.

that's the bottom line.

emb24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 10:05 PM
znk

Quote:
I don't think the Canadiens are above the law at all. I am a huge Habs fan but, if I was in that position, I would take them to court every time if they did something wrong. The people who become cops, lawyers, etc. don't do it for the money. Sure, some of them may be corrupted, but there aren't enough corrupt lawyers and cops to be able to sweep everything under the rug.
Anyone who thinks only celebs get breaks are dead wrong. You can get away with a simple warning for many things if you dont act like an ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emb24 View Post
e.x.a.c.t.l.y

you don't go public if you 'care' about the team. big disingenuous idiot. you go to gainey and you get through to him and if you don't you keep trying. you don't go public. ever.

that's the bottom line.
I totally disagree with you. As said in my previous post.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 02-24-2009 at 10:44 AM.
Old
02-22-2009, 10:07 PM
MonacoBlue

Quote:
Anyone who thinks only celebs get breaks are dead wrong. You can get away with a simple warning for many things if you dont act like an ass.
And there will always be people like me to keep that in check. Unless you think the justice system is broken.

Old
02-22-2009, 10:09 PM
Gary320

Quote:
I think people are confusing 2 things what most of the media did doesnt really have anything to do with what Perron did. They were working on it for a while and made a big deal with it to get some sales.
Because it's negative towards the team people assume Perron said what he said to hurt the team. No one figures he might have more legitimate reasons? Like getting these folks to straigten up a little and having them realize that what they do around people can come and bite them in the ass.

It's ok to be suspicious of the meida. In fact it's healthy. But to go the barricades each time something you dont agree with is put out there is just as bad as believing everything.
My problem with him is that what was his point to say it on air. If he has good intentions, say it to Gainey and Co privately. What he did was trying to take in some fame, and get known for KNOWING something..

Old
02-22-2009, 10:09 PM
MonacoBlue

Quote:

It doesn't have to do with helping or hurting the team. It has do to with Perron trying to "shine a light" when he can't really prove what's shining a light on. That's not the way journalism works. The way the media works is they find proof and then they shine a light on something. That's when people are supposed to believe them, and that's when I believe them.