HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Antropov to Vancouver (e4)

Old
02-22-2009, 10:10 PM
KarmaPolice
Antics

vCash: 8069
Send a message via MSN to KarmaPolice
It's from Eklund? I guess we can rule out this one, then.

KarmaPolice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 10:10 PM
mydnyte

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by timw33 View Post
When has GM MG lied to us?
ask again after deadline day, after your prospects, and 1st have been traded. It may not be with the Leafs, but, expect to lose some assets.

...he lied the second he said he wouldnt trade any of those assets ...and if he wasnt lying, he should be fired. A GM is paid to win, and to win now.

This season may be Vancouvers best shot, because next season if they are sans the Sedins, and Sundin, I'd think you'd say they were in rebuild mode, and a good bet for a lotto pick in 2010

mydnyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 10:12 PM
LeafsGetTavares*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Ladies and Gentlemen, your Vancouver Maple Leafs
Copy Cat

LeafsGetTavares* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 10:14 PM
Wayne Maki

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfire View Post
antropov - sundin - demitra would be a good line.
Demitra - Sundin - Kesler would be even better!

Wayne Maki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 10:14 PM
Tripwyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Exactly, thats why Gillis is the perfect guy to do it. Come on this is the same guy who threw 2 yrs/20 mill at a guy who was thinking of retiring. Anything is possible.

Hes definitely not worth it but I think Burke will get a 1st from someone for Antropov.
Completely different circumstances, and I'd say his play for Sundin has paid off quite nicely. There is absolutely no way he makes a deal like this.

Tripwyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 10:17 PM
jabberhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaky37 View Post
Hey if Mike Comrie 7G, 13A, 20 points can be a part of a trade that involves a 1st round pick in 09'. Then Nik Antropov 20G, 24A, 44 Points can get a first round pick! Nik doesn't cost $4Million either and is younger. Sure Comrie was playing on the worst NHL team. Antropov is playing on a team that has only 3 more wins then the Islanders so thats no excuse either
If the Leafs traded Ian White and Nik Antropov as a package, I think they could get a late first rounder from a team just like the Islanders were able to get a late first for the Campoli/Comrie package. As for comparing Comrie and Antropov statistics, you forgot to mention that Comrie has played almost 20 less games than Antropov this season. In my opinion, Antropov is still the superior player, but 20 games makes a difference.

jabberhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 10:21 PM
Randall Graves*

Ok the last 30 e4's from Eklund haven't happened......

Randall Graves* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 10:23 PM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsGetTavares View Post
Copy Cat
Damn it, how did I miss that. So early in the thread too

Analyzer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 10:25 PM
Saren
Multi Pass!

No one wanted him for a 1st rounder last year, and that was including the fact that he wasn't about to become a Free Agent.

Useless.

Saren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 10:25 PM
wilty00

Noooooooooooo.

wilty00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 10:31 PM
pitseleh

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydnyte View Post
ask again after deadline day, after your prospects, and 1st have been traded. It may not be with the Leafs, but, expect to lose some assets.

...he lied the second he said he wouldnt trade any of those assets ...and if he wasnt lying, he should be fired. A GM is paid to win, and to win now.
He didn't say he wouldn't trade them, he said he wouldn't trade them for a rental.

Gillis and ownership are on the same page for building a team and he's been consistent since he was hired that he isn't going to sacrifice the long term for a short term fix. GMs are paid to win, but they aren't paid to throw everything they have and screw the future to win today.

I could be wrong but I'd be shocked if he went against everything he's been saying since day one.

(Please note that I'm not saying that Antropov isn't worth a first because he very well could be but I can't see Gillis being the one who'll trade one to get him).

pitseleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 10:37 PM
Diamonddog01

Never going to happen, keep dreaming Leafs fans. Our gm is not an absolute ******. Don't feed Eklund.

Diamonddog01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 10:44 PM
SlowShot

Pat White might get mayers but not a chance he gets antropov.

SlowShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 10:44 PM
endlessdream83

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
ok, so you're suggesting VAN 1st, Pat White for Antropov, Ian White?
Speaking as a Vancouver fan, I'd strongly consider that deal if I was the GM (not sure if Leaf fans would, though)!
Antropov would be fine as a rental (wouldn't put him with Sundin and Demitra, though - leave Kesler there for now), and I think most hockey fans doubt that Patrick White will amount to very much. Yes, he's still young, but if the guy is really so good, he should at least be showing a fair amount of dominance in the NCAA. It's hardly the best (quasi-)junior league around!
I just looked up Ian White's stats and salary - his line is 49-8-11-19 with a +8 (on a bad Toronto team) and he's under contract for another full season after this at under a million bucks... for what he brings, and especially considering that the Canucks don't really have a decent powerplay QB who can stay healthy, he might be a good pickup. His small size is more than offset by the toughness of Bieksa (though he's small too), Mitchell, Edler and O'Brien.

Any Leaf fans have an opinion on this? Would the Leafs make this trade? And am I overrating Ian White based on stats?

endlessdream83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 10:45 PM
UFancyHuh

Gillis giving burke a 1st rounder

HA!

UFancyHuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 10:45 PM
CASUAL KEV
Jack Adams™

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubey View Post
Antropov for Hodgson + 1st ? ?
good troll is good

want us to throw in Luongo as well?

CASUAL KEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 10:59 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

vCash: 696
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowShot View Post
Pat White might get mayers but not a chance he gets antropov.
Pat White for Jamal Meyers?

Done!

02-22-2009, 10:59 PM
Bubbles
Tank for Tyler2016

(e5) Ryan Smyth re-signs with Edmonton

*** 5 minutes later ***, Looks on TSN.ca

(e5) Ryan Smyth traded to Islanders

Bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 11:00 PM
AgentNaslund*

yay! It means, 1st rounder for Antropov will not happen.

Thanks Eklund, your too cool.

AgentNaslund* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 11:02 PM
kmad
Riot Survivor

Things that travel faster than Antropov on skates:

1) snails
2) the perceived time in my hydrology class
3) a termite swimming through jelly

No thanks.

kmad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 11:03 PM
Theron
#beauty

Send a message via ICQ to Theron Send a message via AIM to Theron Send a message via MSN to Theron Send a message via Yahoo to Theron Send a message via Skype™ to Theron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
(e5) Ryan Smyth re-signs with Edmonton

*** 5 minutes later ***, Looks on TSN.ca

(e5) Ryan Smyth traded to Islanders
get over it man that was 2 years ago

theres tons of crap within the lastyear you can make fun of him about

Theron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 11:04 PM
FruityPants3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilon View Post
Why do people take everything a GM says at face value? It's just as likely that Gillis is posturing in order to get maximum value for his 1st round pick as he is serious about not trading it.
The difference is this would be an absurd overpayment. Obviously a GM will trade a first or any prospect for an established skilled young player under contract, but if they say they won't trade them for a rental, I think it's safe to assume they won't. Otherwise, they'll look really stupid.

FruityPants3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 11:04 PM
Nizdizzle
The Shanaplan.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by endlessdream83 View Post
Speaking as a Vancouver fan, I'd strongly consider that deal if I was the GM (not sure if Leaf fans would, though)!
Antropov would be fine as a rental (wouldn't put him with Sundin and Demitra, though - leave Kesler there for now), and I think most hockey fans doubt that Patrick White will amount to very much. Yes, he's still young, but if the guy is really so good, he should at least be showing a fair amount of dominance in the NCAA. It's hardly the best (quasi-)junior league around!
I just looked up Ian White's stats and salary - his line is 49-8-11-19 with a +8 (on a bad Toronto team) and he's under contract for another full season after this at under a million bucks... for what he brings, and especially considering that the Canucks don't really have a decent powerplay QB who can stay healthy, he might be a good pickup. His small size is more than offset by the toughness of Bieksa (though he's small too), Mitchell, Edler and O'Brien.

Any Leaf fans have an opinion on this? Would the Leafs make this trade? And am I overrating Ian White based on stats?
You're spot on in your analysis of White, hes a great top-4 puckmover with a lot of spunk. As for the deal, I wouldn't do it unless P. White was replaced with a much more intriguing piece.

Nizdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 11:06 PM
FruityPants3*

Quote:

This season may be Vancouvers best shot, because next season if they are sans the Sedins, and Sundin, I'd think you'd say they were in rebuild mode, and a good bet for a lotto pick in 2010
So you think the Canucks should trade their top prospects and picks because next year they will be in full rebuild mode?

FruityPants3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 11:09 PM
AgentNaslund*

Quote:

Yea? If were going to trade those assets it wouldnt be Antropov, genius. Who do you think he is? Marion HOssa? Gimme a break.

AgentNaslund* is offline   Reply With Quote