HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Stempniak

Old
02-23-2009, 08:51 AM
The Iceman

vCash: 500
He has nicely boosted the PP playing the point!

The Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 09:44 AM
Corleone

Send a message via MSN to Corleone
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgupca View Post
I don't completely agree,

I think Stemps is a great player, he just needs to play top line minutes with a play-making Center. He has great speed, a good shot and will finish a hit. I like Stemps and I hope we finally give this guy a chance to prove himself (again) - he got off to a slow start, but we have to be honest with ourselves...this team isn't packed full of talent for him to play with.

If by great you mean mediocre at best? Than yes, he's ****ing brilliant!

Corleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 10:30 AM
AlienWorkShop
No Ben! No!

Stempniak playing well?! I REFUSE TO ACKNOWLEDGE THIS.

Colaiacovo and STEEN! 1ST ROUNDERS! QUALITY (NOT ****ING TRAAAASH!) playas! I grew soooo attached to those guys!

(****ing idiots)

AlienWorkShop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 10:39 AM
javier

I hope he starts playing better in the faint hope that Burke can peddle him off for draft pick. He's the softest player the leafs have had since Robert Reichel. I read somewhere that Al Coates was the pro scout who looked at him and was partly responsible for the trade which is why Burke fired him. I dont know if this is true but if it is I'm not surprised, he's been that disappointing.

javier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 10:48 AM
darty

Quote:
Originally Posted by javier View Post
I hope he starts playing better in the faint hope that Burke can peddle him off for draft pick. He's the softest player the leafs have had since Robert Reichel. I read somewhere that Al Coates was the pro scout who looked at him and was partly responsible for the trade which is why Burke fired him. I dont know if this is true but if it is I'm not surprised, he's been that disappointing.
Hagman is currently the softest leaf. You can literally punch him in the face and his reaction will be to look for a ref.

I haven't given up on Stempers yet. This year's a wash so I'll reserve judgment for next year when he can go start to finish with the club, assuming he sticks around.

darty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 10:51 AM
pulkinator

Currently on pace for 50 Points

meh

pulkinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 12:02 PM
grabo84

Quote:
Originally Posted by darty View Post
Hagman is currently the softest leaf. You can literally punch him in the face and his reaction will be to look for a ref.

I haven't given up on Stempers yet. This year's a wash so I'll reserve judgment for next year when he can go start to finish with the club, assuming he sticks around.
I'm a big fan of Hagman, that isn't the perception I have of him at all. He gives his all every night, nothing more to ask from a player.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 12:08 PM
darty

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabo84 View Post
I'm a big fan of Hagman, that isn't the perception I have of him at all. He gives his all every night, nothing more to ask from a player.
Honestly I like him too. He's a decent player and does try hard every shift and whatnot. I'm just knocking him on play after the whistle, the team stuff/ sticking up for yourself. He never engages in scrums or comes to the aid of teammates in any significant manner. I know his role is not to strike fear in opponents, but some self respect/ team pride wouldn't hurt.

Old
02-23-2009, 12:13 PM
The Big Swede

Worst player on the Leafs

The Big Swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 12:32 PM
TheKingSlayer
He was in the way!

I watched the game against the Canucks, and Stemps was hitting everything that was moving... he is really starting to show that he wants to play here.. I agree that he is a nice boost on the PP, and once Kaberle comes back we will be able to pair someone with him and put Kubina and Stemps on the 2nd PP because they are showing amazing chemistry.. Pair Kaberle with Van Ryn if he is healthy or not traded, or hell put Kaberle with Luke and see what happens... if all else fails.. we can use White

TheKingSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 01:11 PM
dougy

i agree with the above poster.. He has a physical edge to him and if he can bring that consistently every game and produce in the 40-50 point range he really isnt a bad option on the 2nd or 3rd line.

dougy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 01:22 PM
bunjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by darty View Post

must i remind you that this season hagman scored the most badass goal a leafs player has had in quite some time?

bunjay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 01:26 PM
BeLeafer11

Quote:
Originally Posted by javier View Post
Softest player since Reichel? He leads all Leaf forwads in hits. I've never seen him shy away from physical contact.

I think Stempy has a lot of updside. He's really starting to find his game.

BeLeafer11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 01:30 PM
darty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunjay View Post
must i remind you that this season hagman scored the most badass goal a leafs player has had in quite some time?
Had you continued to read the thread you would see I was talking about what occurs post whistle.

Old
02-23-2009, 01:52 PM
Green13

He's good, but the trade was still bad.

He needs to find his game, you don't see sparks really when hes on the ice, kind of like stajan but stajan atleast puts up more points.

He'll be good you'll all see!

Green13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 03:28 PM
The Big Swede

Waivers please

The Big Swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 03:52 PM
Jerkini

I'll agree that Hagman is the softest Leaf right now. His after-the-whistle hide behind the ref shenanigans are embarrassing. I remember Moore the other day was fighting off three players and what does Hagman do? Wait until the refs are breaking it up before attempting to jump in.

And speaking of after-the-whistle shenanigans, anyone notice the tv stations going to commercial regardless if something is happening after the play? I've seen them cut away from scuffles to players sitting on the bench while the commentator does his outtro to commercial. I've noticed this happen numerous times the last couple weeks on any of the TV stations, and it's pretty irritating.

Jerkini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 04:03 PM
bluumax

i say this in every stempniak thread but.

when the hell did we get stempniak? i aint ever seen him play for us

bluumax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 04:08 PM
richardn

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLeafer View Post
I'll admit, I've been critical of him, but the past few games he's been noticeably better.

And tonight I really thought he should've been one of the 3 stars.

He had 3 assists
I don't really like him that much. Didn't like the trade from the beginning.

richardn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 04:08 PM
John-Eric Iannicello
Hockey's Future Staff

Hopefully he can pick up his scoring, but I wouldn't' mind a strong play maker... even though I see him as more of a trigger man.

John-Eric Iannicello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 04:31 PM
kindablu

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluumax View Post
i say this in every stempniak thread but.

when the hell did we get stempniak? i aint ever seen him play for us
You could hardly have missed him last night as he had three assists.

kindablu is offline   Reply With Quote