HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kubina Will Not Submit A List Prior To TDD

Old
02-22-2009, 11:13 PM
MSP4LYFE*

vCash: 500
Kubina Will Not Submit A List Prior To TDD

According to AM640, Maple Leafs defenceman, Pavel Kubina will not submit a list of 10 destinations he would accept being dealt to at the Trade Deadline. I personally believe he was given inside information by the coach or GM that he is immune from the fire sale, why else would he risk being shiped out to any of the other 29 NHL franchises in the summer?

MSP4LYFE* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 11:14 PM
Chea*

What a piece of crap

Chea* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 11:15 PM
Nizdizzle
Salary cap? Huh?

vCash: 50
Was there verification that he did or didnt have a clause that allowed us to trade him to 10 teams of his choice?

Nizdizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 11:17 PM
VelvetJones

Maybe he just wants the full summer to work on his music?

VelvetJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 11:19 PM
MSP4LYFE*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan311 View Post
Was there verification that he did or didnt have a clause that allowed us to trade him to 10 teams of his choice?
Burke has confirmed that himself on a few occasions.

Old
02-22-2009, 11:25 PM
HockeyThoughts
Delivering The Truth

vCash: 1550
Thats great, I actually like Kubina (and Moore) and hope for them to remain around here after this rebuild.

They show the kind of all around ability and leadership I'd want to rub off on the younger guys. Plus, in Kubina's case he's a proven winner which always great.

HockeyThoughts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 11:33 PM
Squiffy
Victims, rn't we all

Guess we trade him in the offseason then. Here's a guy to look at, rather then Mats, discussing scuttling movement. Trade done done last year that he supposedly agreed to, changes his mind last second, and now won't waive again? Alright buddy... hey, he has the right I suppose.

Burke is right, JFJ did make a heads up move with these offseason free trade agreements.

R.I.P. Darryl buddy... it was too soon.. too soon
Squiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 11:35 PM
Borschevsky

He'll just get shipped out somewhere he has no choice in then.

Borschevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 11:40 PM
Volcanologist
Used Register

Whatever, he's just giving up what little control he might have had over the process.

Volcanologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 11:47 PM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

What an idiot. Goes back on it last year and then says he'll give a list of 10 teams but now goes back on that. He can join Sundin on my list of insidious hypocrites and dbag professional athletes. It's his right, but it's bush league for him to go back on his word again.

ForzaZuffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 11:49 PM
draeko17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaZuffa View Post
What an idiot. Goes back on it last year and then says he'll give a list of 10 teams but now goes back on that. He can join Sundin on my list of insidious hypocrites and dbag professional athletes. It's his right, but it's bush league for him to go back on his word again.
Did you hear him say he was going to provide that list? Or did the media report a rumour?

draeko17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 11:50 PM
MSP4LYFE*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squiffy View Post
Guess we trade him in the offseason then. Here's a guy to look at, rather then Mats, discussing scuttling movement. Trade done done last year that he supposedly agreed to, changes his mind last second, and now won't waive again? Alright buddy... hey, he has the right I suppose.

Burke is right, JFJ did make a heads up move with these offseason free trade agreements.
He has to have recieved word that he is safe from somone in the upper management, why else would he risk being moved anywhere in the summer when he knows this isnt a playoff team? It just doesn't make sense.

Old
02-22-2009, 11:52 PM
Mr Scarface*

Wow, Kubina must really love this team? He really is loving the Leafs eh? Is Pavel Kubina the Toronto Maple Leafs?

Mr Scarface* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 11:53 PM
John Locke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaZuffa View Post
You're such a typical fan. The fat kid who just sits back and watches everything from his TV. Thinks the world revolves around him. Entirely unaware that the players on his favourite team are real live people, with real lives, and real feelings.

John Locke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 11:54 PM
MSP4LYFE*

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Locke View Post
You're such a typical fan. The fat kid who just sits back and watches everything from his TV. Thinks the world revolves around him. Entirely unaware that the players on his favourite team are real live people, with real lives, and real feelings.
I can only speak for myself, but that sounded like BEEF!

Old
02-23-2009, 12:00 AM
Mr Scarface*

Say brah! If you really want beef! Better leave it in the freeeezer!!! Hoody-Hoo!!!!

Sometimes when I watch Kubina play, I really think he cares a lot of playing for the Leafs. If Burke doesn't want him anymore, I can understand that and I respect that. I loved Kubina's game last season, especially at the end where he was scoring all those game winners and ****. If the GM doesn't like him anymore or this season, he can do what he wants. Though Kubina wants to stay of course.

Mr Scarface* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 12:07 AM
pwallll

I like what Kubina is doing. Last season he proved to Fletcher he wanted to remain a Maple Leaf and now he will show Burke why he should stay here. Good for Kubina.

pwallll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 12:20 AM
Scoogs

Send a message via MSN to Scoogs
I've really liked Kubina this year.. But ****.. I was hoping we could ship out at least one defenseman. I mean, if Kabs and Kubs stay, that leaves:

Antropov
Moore
Stajan
White
and maybe Blake

As players who would fetch a decent return.

Maybe Poni too.. But if he can't fool me, then he most likely won't be fooling any NHL GM.

Scoogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 12:22 AM
Ten

Well what's he got to lose here? Either way he'd be leaving the Leafs, something he obviously doesn't want to do if he hasn't requested a trade.

By essentially giving up his right to control his destiny, I think it's more or less a sign of good faith in Brian that he will respect his opinion and not move him.

What Burke does beyond that, who knows.

On the flip-side, it may be more strategic to keep at least one piece for the draft. The Deadline & the Draft are the two busiest days in player movement, and a single players value would differ depending upon which day he would be moved.

If you're set to lose a key defenseman or realize you need one after a weak playoffs, you're going to be more likely to deal for Kubina at the draft than in 10 days.

Edit: Somewhat random to the topic at hand, but has anyone checked out Ian White's TOI recently? Ron Wilson giving him the time because he deserves it and has a bigger role in the future on this team? Or is it an open audition for other teams to see how he can react in that role with the deadline looming?

Ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 12:25 AM
Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSP4LYFE View Post
He has to have recieved word that he is safe from somone in the upper management, why else would he risk being moved anywhere in the summer when he knows this isnt a playoff team? It just doesn't make sense.
Hey, maybe he still thinks he could help us make the playoffs.

Superstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 12:29 AM
MSP4LYFE*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar View Post
Hey, maybe he still thinks he could help us make the playoffs.
I hope thats the case, because it means his ass will be shipped come the draft, but if my theory holds true he is in here for the long run

Old
02-23-2009, 12:33 AM
FlareKnight

vCash: 100
Well too bad in no move at the deadline with him. Guess we'll have to wait until the summer. Wouldn't expect Burke to keep both Kaberle and Kubina when they are rebuilding things. Guess a longer wait until the choice is taken out of his hands.

FlareKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 12:35 AM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Kubina's value at the trade deadline will be good. His value at the draft will be scary bad, after we find out what the cap will be for next year. Cap-Maggeddon will have Kubina in a Leaf uniform for 4 years without a single playoff game.

smoke meat pete* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 12:38 AM
TimeZone
Swedish Sensation

**** him

TimeZone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 12:40 AM
MSP4LYFE*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynrehab View Post
Kubina's value at the trade deadline will be good. His value at the draft will be scary bad, after we find out what the cap will be for next year. Cap-Maggeddon will have Kubina in a Leaf uniform for 4 years without a single playoff game.
Why so negative?