HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kubina Will Not Submit A List Prior To TDD

Old
02-23-2009, 12:42 AM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSP4LYFE View Post
Why so negative?
I'm a realist.

smoke meat pete* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 12:42 AM
MSP4LYFE*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynrehab View Post
I'm a realist.

MSP4LYFE* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 12:44 AM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

If this team next year has Kubina, Kaberle and MVR on it, I'm going to lose it. If you add in Poni and Antro to those 3....

Old
02-23-2009, 12:47 AM
MSP4LYFE*

Quote:
If this team next year has Kubina, Kaberle and MVR on it, I'm going to lose it. If you add in Poni and Antro to those 3....
Yeah like I said oh say 4 hours ago, Kubina producing is not as great as everyone is making it out to be, in fact itis screwing us. We need losses, our players putting up points here and there accomplishes nothing but to put off our position in the draft lottery.

Old
02-23-2009, 12:56 AM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Quote:
Yeah like I said oh say 4 hours ago, Kubina producing is not as great as everyone is making it out to be, in fact itis screwing us. We need losses, our players putting up points here and there accomplishes nothing but to put off our position in the draft lottery.
See, this is where you and I differ. I'm not quite so worried about where the draft pick is. Obviously the higher the better.

I'm more worried about getting 5-7 good young players in, and seeing 5-6 of our current young players developing into everyday players. My problem is, what I want in return for those guys. If they are still with the team, it is because nobody wants to give us anything good, and with the salaries of those 3 defenceman, there is no room for an elite guy. I'm ok with keeping Kaberle and losing MVR and Kubina to bring in JayBo, and having 3 elite defenceman (Schenn will be elite soon enough).

Old
02-23-2009, 12:59 AM
Inferno31

Quote:
MVR won't be on it.. he'll get injured in training camp.. seriously calling him glass man isn't even do it justice.. I wanted a good season out of him so we could move him.. He doesn't play enough to be traded, and doesn't play enough to be worth keeping either.

Inferno31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 01:02 AM
MSP4LYFE*

Quote:
See, this is where you and I differ. I'm not quite so worried about where the draft pick is. Obviously the higher the better.

I'm more worried about getting 5-7 good young players in, and seeing 5-6 of our current young players developing into everyday players. My problem is, what I want in return for those guys. If they are still with the team, it is because nobody wants to give us anything good, and with the salaries of those 3 defenceman, there is no room for an elite guy. I'm ok with keeping Kaberle and losing MVR and Kubina to bring in JayBo, and having 3 elite defenceman (Schenn will be elite soon enough).
They go hand in hand, we deal Kabs, Kubina etc. and we get young assets in return who will have a detrimental effect on the lineup for a season or two, thus improving our draft posistion, but greatly improving our future. Conerversly, if we decide to keep the "status-quo" we will not attain youth and picks in return, and as a result our team will play better in the short term and kill our draft stock.

Old
02-23-2009, 01:05 AM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Quote:
They go hand in hand, we deal Kabs, Kubina etc. and we get young assets in return who will have a detrimental effect on the lineup for a season or two, thus improving our draft posistion, but greatly improving our future. Conerversly, if we decide to keep the "status-quo" we will not attain youth and picks in return, and as a result our team will play better in the short term and kill our draft stock.
Fair enough but if we win some games becuase our youth is producing then I'm ok with that. If we end up in 9th with a team of 22 and under, I'm also ok with that.

Old
02-23-2009, 01:06 AM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno31 View Post
MVR won't be on it.. he'll get injured in training camp.. seriously calling him glass man isn't even do it justice.. I wanted a good season out of him so we could move him.. He doesn't play enough to be traded, and doesn't play enough to be worth keeping either.
That's mostly my point, if he's hurt all next year, there is no return for him, or in a roundabout way McCabe.

Old
02-23-2009, 01:07 AM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Now the upside is the Leafs will have a ******** of money available during the low point of Cap-Maggeddon.

Old
02-23-2009, 01:09 AM
MSP4LYFE*

Quote:
Fair enough but if we win some games becuase our youth is producing then I'm ok with that. If we end up in 9th with a team of 22 and under, I'm also ok with that.
The problem is that our veterans not youngsters are winning us games, besides Schenn and Kule, in fact who on this roster figures into the long term plans of this club?

Old
02-23-2009, 01:12 AM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Quote:
The problem is that our veterans not youngsters are winning us games, besides Schenn and Kule, in fact who on this roster figures into the long term plans of this club?
agreed, I'm talking more about going forward, but if Kabs and Kubs and MVR and Antro and Poni are still here, it means there isn't much youth next year either.

Old
02-23-2009, 01:12 AM
The Fuhr

When Wilson was coach of Sharks he wanted Kubina over Campbell.

Now that Wilson has Kubina, maybe he wants to keep him and build the D with him tutoring the youth?

The Fuhr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 01:45 AM
Inferno31

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fuhr View Post
When Wilson was coach of Sharks he wanted Kubina over Campbell.

Now that Wilson has Kubina, maybe he wants to keep him and build the D with him tutoring the youth?
Possible.. but hope not.. I'd rather speed up the rebuild process, if we keep Kubina we won't have enough youngsters coming up to make Kubina expendable later.. so it'll be interesting, I guess it all depends on the offers burke gets.

Inferno31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 01:53 AM
soupisgoodfood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scarface View Post
Say brah! If you really want beef! Better leave it in the freeeezer!!! Hoody-Hoo!!!!
Hahaha, I just gotta say, when I first started reading these forums, your way of dialogue annoyed the piss out of me... As for now, I've come around. This, for whatever reason, had me cracking up!! Keep on living the good life son

On another note... **** Kubina. Trade him in the summer then.

soupisgoodfood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 04:33 AM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

He better be traded in the off season at least. I was pi#### that Fletch held onto him. Maybe the market simply was there but he needs to go.

dredeye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 06:25 AM
bluumax

if he has a good season, maybe we can use him to bump one of our firsts up 2 or 3 places, obviously one of our later firsts but every little helps

bluumax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 06:37 AM
Raging Bull

You guys make it seem like he is obligated to do this or something, good for Kubina, he likes the Leafs and he wants to stick around. This makes it more likely that Kaberle will be traded.

Raging Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 06:47 AM
LTL

Here we go again.

LTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 06:51 AM
sgupca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borschevsky View Post
He'll just get shipped out somewhere he has no choice in then.

Back to TB in the summer for their 2nd + prospect!

That will teach him

That all being said I like Kubina and would keep him over Kaberle.

sgupca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 06:52 AM
sgupca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Bull View Post
You guys make it seem like he is obligated to do this or something, good for Kubina, he likes the Leafs and he wants to stick around. This makes it more likely that Kaberle will be traded.
Thats what i was thinking, and i'm glad.

Kaberle maybe a better offensive D, but Kubina keeps the puck from going in the net. He's a big D'man who has one heck of a shot, he will hit, drop-em' (once in a while) and he can log 25mins a game.

Keep Kubina and Trade Kab's

sgupca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 06:57 AM
Jeffler
Shut Up Jeffler

Give him the freaking C already. He knows the leafs gain more by keeping him than by trading him, and that one of the special K's is going to have to stick around. Glad it'll be him, even if Burke just says "**** this ****" at the draft and trades him then.

Jeffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 06:59 AM
Jeffler
Shut Up Jeffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno31 View Post
Possible.. but hope not.. I'd rather speed up the rebuild process, if we keep Kubina we won't have enough youngsters coming up to make Kubina expendable later.. so it'll be interesting, I guess it all depends on the offers burke gets.
Because of course, a team that's comprised of a roster where every single player is still of CHL age is ideal, and we should have no leaders whatsoever.

Jeffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 07:10 AM
Stephen

The Leafs are like the rebuilding team that never actually did any rebuilding. Seriously, we have been waiting since 2007 for the other shoe to drop and the fire sale to happen, but we just keep getting more and more plugs.

Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 07:19 AM
fasteddy

I would keep kubina this season as his stock aint worth much this year. but as much as i like kaberly i want a great prospect that is showing potential and i think the leafs will trade him. I dont believe the media as they will write and say anything to get the fans to read or listen to them to get their ratings up. Burke will do what burke wants to to period!

fasteddy is offline   Reply With Quote