HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Defensemen to Pittsburgh

Old
02-23-2009, 02:13 AM
Pick87your71Poison

vCash: 500
I think Clark could be a solid pick-up since it'll be pretty cheap. Solid, consistent player and we can most definitely use consistent.

Pick87your71Poison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 04:27 AM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex28 View Post
Probably a 1st or at least a 2nd going NYI's way.

Whitney's stock is not exactly in the clouds. And Hunter is money.
And Hunter and Witt's stocks are in the clouds?

Whitney gets more exposure playing on the Pens and so people are more aware of his struggles, but Hunter and Witt haven't been great this year either, it's just not that many people pay attention to the Isles these days.

Trent Hunter Age 28 50GP 14G 17A 31Pts -9

Brendan Witt Age 33 47GP 0G 7A 7Pts -29

Ryan Whitney Age 25 28GP 2G 11A 13Pts -15

Whitney's still younger, more talented and has the highest upside of those 3.

I don't think the Isles would do the deal. Witt's expendable. Hunter's not great, but the sad reality is he's probably their best forward and they probably don't have the depth there to move him right now.

If they did, they need to get a forward back in the deal too.

My guess, it would take Whitney + a veteran forward or a forward prospect like Casey Pierro-Zabotel, who's been very productive in junior + a pick, (maybe a 3rd).

Captain Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 11:41 AM
SkullSplitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66-29-33 View Post
Staal, 1st, and more? talk about over valued. Pens fans might aswell say it will take a 1st, someone of Staal's value from your team AND more for Orpik.
Yeah Staal + a 1st sounds a little like overpayment for Volchenkov.

Plus if the Sens have plenty of centers, not like they need Staal.

I think a Whitney package for a Volchenkov package could work.

SkullSplitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 11:46 AM
Cartered

Send a message via AIM to Cartered Send a message via MSN to Cartered
If you want someone cheap, how about Steve Montador from Anaheim. He's cheap and has decent numbers (4+16=20, +16 in 61 GP). He only makes 800k and is an UFA after this offseason, so he could probably be had for a pick. The more Anaheim slides, the more likely they are to become sellers.

Cartered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 12:00 PM
azntam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
And Hunter and Witt's stocks are in the clouds?

Whitney gets more exposure playing on the Pens and so people are more aware of his struggles, but Hunter and Witt haven't been great this year either, it's just not that many people pay attention to the Isles these days.

Trent Hunter Age 28 50GP 14G 17A 31Pts -9

Brendan Witt Age 33 47GP 0G 7A 7Pts -29

Ryan Whitney Age 25 28GP 2G 11A 13Pts -15

Whitney's still younger, more talented and has the highest upside of those 3.

I don't think the Isles would do the deal. Witt's expendable. Hunter's not great, but the sad reality is he's probably their best forward and they probably don't have the depth there to move him right now.

If they did, they need to get a forward back in the deal too.

My guess, it would take Whitney + a veteran forward or a forward prospect like Casey Pierro-Zabotel, who's been very productive in junior + a pick, (maybe a 3rd).
i wouldn't compare witt's stats with whitney's. They are two different players. Pens need to add that kind of player to their defense cz they are so soff.....Witt can move ppl out of the crease and be physical. It would be an excellent addition.

azntam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 12:58 PM
SkullSplitter

The thing I'm hesitant about is that Gill can do the same thing. We saw him doing it last year when he was playing good. He was really doing a very good job shutting down Holmstrom in the finals. What I want to know is why Eaton and Gill are being allowed to give chase to the boards when they don't have the speed to get back.

SkullSplitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 06:13 PM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterTheGreat View Post
What you guys need is Brett Clark. Shot blocker extraordinaire, good mobility, decent amount of offense.

Mid round pick will do the trick.
we have enough shot blockers, we need someone who will actually take the body.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 07:19 PM
PeterTheGreat

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
we have enough shot blockers, we need someone who will actually take the body.
Ahh, so you want Ruslan Salei then.

Goligoski and a 2nd will do the trick.

PeterTheGreat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 07:22 PM
Pyke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectraljulian View Post
Pittsburgh needs to upgrade their defense badly. They're proving they can score goals but Eaton and Gill are slow and their shot blocking presence is lost when they stupidly stray away from the net. Their PK needs to improve and when their defense improve so will Fleury's confidence and his play will follow suit. I don't know what it is but Gill was good last year and this year he's been pretty atrocious for the Pens. Maybe it's coaching, I don't know.

What would it take for these guys?

Volchenkov
Schubert
Bouillon
Zanon
Volchenkov:
Given the fact he's Ottawa's top pairing defenceman, I don't think he's available. Say he was though, I suspect it would be a package deal - mostly because, Ottawa would be looking for something like Ryan Whitney in exchange, and that doesn't really help the Pens. Maybe someone like Jordan Staal would be expendible, but then, Ottawa doesn't need more centers. Pens and Sens are bad bed mates right now.

Schubert:
Probably available for relatively cheap, I think he's on the way out in O-Town anyway. Maybe a 2nd or 3rd round pick?

Bouillon:
Isn't he with MTL? They have problems enough with their defense, I'm not sure if they'd be up for dealing anyone.

Zanon:
Isn't he with Nashville? I have absolutely no idea what Nashville's looking for, I guess picks and prospects...?

Pyke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 07:23 PM
Pyke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterTheGreat View Post
Ahh, so you want Ruslan Salei then.

Goligoski and a 2nd will do the trick.

I'm a Colorado fan, but be real. The Pens aren't going to give up that much for Salei...

Maybe a 1st, if Colorado's lucky (and if Salei is under contract, which I can't remember).

Goligoski is a blue chip prospect if memory serves?

Pyke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 07:36 PM
Bob Battleship Kelly

I think one of the Penguins problems is they don't have enough grit up front. I was wondering what it would take to get Jordin Tootoo. I think he is the type of impact player that could really help this team, I saw his name mentioned in a previous post on this thread. Any thoughts on him or any other suggestions for players like him?

Bob Battleship Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote