HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

Hockey Arena - Part X - Over 10K Posts!

Closed Thread

Old
02-23-2009, 07:58 AM
tujague

vCash: 500
Hockey Arena - Part X - Over 10K Posts!

Hockey Arena!

Previous Threads:
Part I - 12/05-12/07 - 104 Page Monster that started it all.
Part II - 12/07-2/08
Part III - 2/08-5/08
Part IV - 5/08-6/08
Part V - 6/08-7/08
Part VI - 7/08-9/08
Part VII - 9/08-11/08
Part VIII - 11/08-12/08
Part IX - 12/08-2/09 - We reached 10K posts in this one

I can't believe I've been playing this game for over a year. It's just numbers on a screen! How can this be so addicting!?!

Quote:
ktulu explains Hockey Arena (from 2005!)
Hi guys and girls? let me introduce myself first...My name is Lukas aka ktulu and I want to present you one online hockey manager - Hockey Arena-> http://www.hockeyarena.net.

Some facts about HA->
1. game is free...
2. over 40.000 users
3. 42 countries(from Canada,USA,Slovakia,Finland,Sweden to Australia,Belarussia,Brasil... )
4. 26 languages

What is Hockey Arena all about? Every player from nearly 40 thousand registered ones is the owner of a hockey team, fully under his control. You decide on training regimes, you are preparing the lineups for matches, and many more management based activities. The fate of the team is completely in your hands. Only you will decide whether to bring new players from the trade market, whether to expand your training facilities, hiring cheerleaders for the team, and many more out of the money you receive from revenues gained--both from tickets sold or from the team's sponsors. You have to decide whether to invest in training facilities and youth schools to build from within, or to invest large sums on bringing players (such as free agents) from the transfer market. Every dollar spent has a direct impact on the future of the team, which is why it is very important to choose a strategy wisely, weighing in the benefits and flaws of each approach.

If you have decided to give Hockey Arena a try and create a team, you will automatically be placed into one of the leagues in your country. Of course, you will not find yourself in the highest league right from the start. If you want to compare with the best teams, you will have a long road ahead of you—every season lasts 70 days, during which you play 30 league matches in the regular season (A home and away set between the 16 teams in each league). The 8 best teams in regular season will advance to the playoffs, the two finalists promoting to a higher league. Aside from league play, there is the National Cup played on Wednesdays. If you are eliminated from the National Cup you can schedule friendly games to your off-days. Friendly matches are best to test new lineups, new tactics and give your starters a rest. There is also a World championship played once every two seasons, the best players from each country compete under the guidance of a National Manager, elected by all the managers from his home country. Will you be able to amass yourself such a successful reputation that you will become the National Manager for your country?
Quote:
NHL33 (aka The Budaj Bugati) gives new teams some Important Advice

Don't worry about winning games right now.

First, go around through the various menus. Click on the "?" button where appropriate for information. Secondly, read the overall guide found under Home --> Guide. Third, ask lots of questions. Discussion --> Canada. I think Canada might have a mentor program...I know the U.S. does, so if Canada does, apply for a mentor. Else I know Canada has some newbie / Q&A threads which you should go through. Long read probably but that's life.

For now you want to just build up your stadium (Team --> Stadium), this means spending every dollar you can every week whenever to upgrade. This means: spend up to the $14 million in debt allowable (you'd have seen this if you read the guide!) on training and regeneration. Both should be upgraded simultaneously, as both are equally important in daily improvements to your player. You want to get Y.S. to 20% ASAP as well. After that you can slack off on Y.S. and go the 40/40/20, 60/60/40, ... , 100/100/80 route on Training/Regeneration/Youth School.

Every Wednesday you get money for your sponsorship, $5100 for every member in your fan club (Team --> Info). For league games, the home team pulls in revenues...for friendlies, the money is split. Challenge higher leagues for more revenues, although it gets more difficult for the very high leagues since they stick to their own usually. :S
A playoff game in friendly means continuous O.T., a normal game means ties...go with the latter. It'll potentially save energy. Go around and challenge the V or VI or IV teams for friendlies for all your off-days. NOT DOING SO MEANS LOSING MONEY, expenses are daily regardless of whether there's a match.

This will be a tedious process for you, and you won't build your stadium up significantly for a while yet. Training your players is not very effective until you hit 80% in T/R, and it's quite amazing the differences between, say, 100% and 60%. Every 10% you get a boost, the maximum boost at 20%...but that's kind of off-topic for now.

Every other Sunday there is a youth pull. This Sunday there is none. Basically, that means junior players arrive and you can "build from within". Unfortunately, since building from within is most effective at high levels of T/R, it's not very feasible. All the same, this is a great opportunity to make a lot of cash if you hit the jackpot--look out for young players (19 or under) with high quality (90+ is excellent, 80+ is very good, 70+ is good) and preferably high potential. A player with 100% Quality will sell for a LOT on the market...if young. Older players, say, 25 years old? Not so much.

AI is critical. Younger players with high Q/P can be trained best and molded by teams with good facilities. So, I think you can see why the stadium is so critical to the game. Not only can you improve, but you NEED to do so for higher levels where the opposition does as well. Depending on the market, where prices are inflated, is a bad idea. Luckily, you're intelligent and will listen to us and do as we say and BUILD UP T/R (and Y.S. to 20%) and not fall into the trap. Don't waste money on scouting, don't worry too much about upgrading cheerleading or marketing regularly for now. Maybe give it the odd upgrade, but shouldn't be a concern nor should it interfere with you upgrading T/R (& Y.S.).

Right now, you're going to lose. A lot. If you go on the market, don't buy. Go watch how prices are, learn what are good stats to train for various positions, etceteras. If you're smart you'll spend hours on the market before actually buying...since you want to conserve money right now for your facilities.
Goalie: 1. Goaltending, 2. Speed, 3A. Passing (say 10) / 3B. Self control (say 7)
Center: 1. Attack, 2A. Shooting / 2B. Strength, 3. Passing (say 10)
Wingers: 1. Attack, 2. Shooting, 3. Speed (passing also imp.)
Defensemen: 1. Defense, 2. Strength, 3. Speed

*Important Market Info* Focus on #1 and #2 stat categories for the positions. As you grow older in the game, several seasons from now, more complementary statistics will grow in importance. For right now, to stay competitive at the lower level as you build up your stadium, if you DO purchase players, look for Q+P >= 120, with Q>60.
For AI aim for the following:
19 years - 65
18 years - 50
17 years - 35

Try not to waste money. Spend at most, say, $100K. Use your judgment. Look for good AI totals at cheap cost with decent quality...DO NOT waste your money on veterans. Not only do they have higher daily salaries, they train slower, and right now building up you don't have much a use for them.

You might want to, say, get a good goalie for about $12 million at season's end or such. Throw it at a goalie with Q >= 60, about 21-22 years old, goaltending = 50, speed = 40, sco = 5.

I might be inflating the stats or such. I don't remember what are good starting numbers...but basically get a good goalie. DO NOT OVER PAY. Best thing to do is look several hours ahead and ask about players, say some goalie, and ask for an approximation of what he'll likely get or how much he's worth spending, etc.

Keep asking questions. No matter how stupid your question seems, it's probably been asked by at least 5 of us in the past. Keep building up your facilities. Don't worry too much about money.

Since this IS a sim game, it might not be appropriate for you. A lot of patience will be required, and the fruits of your labor will be sweet, but some either get frustrated, bored, or whatever. So, choose to spend your time wisely. I highly recommend the game and so do others, just make sure you're having fun and remember it's just a game. Don't let things beyond your hand get to you.

Hope this helps. It better. NHL33 (aka Budaj Bugatti) wasted some time typing it up.

Last edited by tujague: 02-23-2009 at 08:05 AM.
Old
02-23-2009, 08:00 AM
tujague

Hockey's Future HockeyArena.net Players

Canada
Premier League
AndySocial - White Crystals - I.1

~~ II ~~
e-Mac - Medicine Hat Reapers - II.1
Caspian30 - Vancouver Wolf Pack - Can II.1
-----
Not Leafer 21 - 3825 - II.2 ABANDONED

~~ III ~~
nashnaidoo (aka tychaeus) - Cremona Titans - III.1
Megalinsky - HC Soju - III.1

~~ IV ~~
feichter- SJ Port City Foghawgs- IV.1
-----
MXD - Montreal Wanderers - IV.2
EUnit - Victoria Maple Leafs - IV.2
-----
Cao - LoveBunnies - IV.4
-----

~~ V ~~
xXShaqXx (aka TeamFord)- Edmonton Oil Kings - V.1
-----
Shane (aka butchmoniker) - Don't Cry for me Jan Hrdina - V.4
-----
Vloo - The Dawn Breaking Tide - V.5
-----
RocheBag - Fog Devils - V.6 DEAD
-----
kTrick - Newmarket Ducks - V.7
Yogi - Vancouver Salmon Kings - V.7 DEAD
-----
SwimmingMatters - Exceleration - V.8
Temm - Calgary Wire Flyers - CAN V.8
-----
BarDown (aka Ranger2992) - Rangerss - V.9
-----
djscooter - Sudbury Wolves - V.10

~~ VI ~~
RW8 - Oakville Rangers - V.13
-----
Leafer|MOD - Brampton Bandits - VI.15

Denmark
~~ IV ~~
Forsbergwannabe - Toffies - IV.6

Finland
~~ V ~~
Simah - HC Hipot - V.14

~~ VI ~~
Phinor - Walrusian Candidates - VI.18

~~ VII ~~
Frozen (aka Janizor) - Forbidden Finns - VII.57

Great Britain
Premier League
hluraven - Bromley Ravens - I.1
Wicksy|NAT - Solihull Wolves - I.1

~~ IV ~~
MarekUramIsGod (aka Rowson14) - Bratislava Blaze - IV.5 DEAD

Netherlands
~~ II ~~
El_Loco_Avs - Almelo_Avalanche - III.3

~~ III ~~
LFM (aka Leon84) - Heeze Eagles - III.3

Slovakia
~~ IV ~~
ktulu - Anaheim Ducks - IV.8

~~ VI ~~
MadArcand (aka silverbow) - Nami Rules - VI.9

USA
Premier League
Ranger35|GM - Hartford Wolfpack - I.1

~~ II ~~
njcoach - New Jersey Muckers - II.2

~~ III ~~
Race Against NINE (aka Alamus) - Vermont Catamounts - III.1
braindeadalive (aka Florida) - Philadelphia Blazers - III.1
-----
steelcable97 - Demolitia Totalus - III.2
tujague - Bombsville Atomics -III.2
Smetana - HC Victoria Hornets - III.2
Snowman - Righteous Ones - III.2
-----
The Indestructible (aka fkohws) - The Indestructible - USA III.3
Horsehouse - Never Summer HC - III.3

~~ IV ~~
TheSchwab (NAT) - NH Spartans - IV.1 DEAD
Chairman Mallard (aka UofDucks15) - Oregon Ducks - IV.1
hydromel (aka hydrop) - salitter - IV.1
-----
NHL33 - Starlight - IV.2
jwhitesj (aka fishkiller) - Fish Killers - IV.2
FFWRX - Nashville Knights - IV.2 DEAD
-----
FeloniousPython - Orlando Solar Bears - IV.3
6hole - Rollerpuck - IV.3
-----
njdevscup30- Ugly Cows - IV.4
Spillblood Maloney - Mobtown Hooligans - IV.4
poppap527 - Usual Suspects - USA IV.4
WhenInRome - Thunder Chickens - IV.4
-----
Hossmann - Soviet Reds - IV.6
ez42x10 - Wormtown Bruins - IV.6

~~ V ~~
Cyanyde69 - Niagara Maulers - V.2
-----
tgarrett29 - Frito Banditos - V.3
-----
Diskothek (aka deadfish) - Seal Clubbers - V.4
Sabrefan2930 - Moose Jaw Beavers - V.4
FireTherrien419 (aka N.Labriola) - Strelkovaya - V.4
Rune Forumwalker (aka Muuro) - Mainlanders - V.4
-----
ower13 - Nordic Thunder - V.6
-----
Miami Panther - Miami Matadors - V.8
-----
adam sinister (aka to kill the sun) - Aurora Thunderbirds - V.12
-----
osgoodshlatters - San Jose Spartans - V.11

Please provide a link to your team and I'll add you to the list. You might have to post it twice. And yell a bit

This is just a quick & dirty copy pasta. I'll update it later.

Last edited by tujague: 02-28-2009 at 07:40 PM.
Old
02-23-2009, 08:01 AM
tujague

Interesting Links
HA-Tools - this is a nice way to get more information about your team as well as all of the teams in your league. Updated every few days. (created by react)
HA Statistiky - This will give you interesting information about players, teams and leagues. Updated every couple of weeks. (created by jogo)
HA-Extra - This FIREFOX add-on puts HA-Tools links right into the hockey arena web pages. It'll add one to team pages to see individual teams, one to your calendar to do a comparison with that opponent, and one to your league standings to do a league wide comparison. (created by Lamma|MOD)

Here's some HA Tools comparisons for all of the HF teams. I can only do 16 teams at a time, so I broke it into 4 groups.
Most of Canada
Rest of Canada & the World
USA
USA II

**Ditto for this. I have to add some new teams to the HAT bits.

Old
02-23-2009, 08:02 AM
tujague

We have another newbie guide from kdunbar. It covers a lot of the same stuff as NHL's, but it's got numbers!

Quote:
"THE CANADIAN NEWBIE LIST"

A few words / warnings / for new guys ...

1) Many of your players have temporary free contracts. They will be automatically signed within a week. (Don't worry about it.)

2) Don't spend too much more than 100K until you are more comfortable with the game's economics. You start with 3 M, but this disappears fast and comes back slow. It's easy to overspend when an auction heats up. Give yourself a limit.

3) Building your Training / Regeneration / Youth School / Marketing to 20% right away. There are bonus on multiples of twenty. Consider Training and Regeneration to be equal and opposite, they don't really do anything different from one another. It's difficult to see at first, but just build them evenly and figure it out later. Assuming that your Training and Regeneration are equal, set your "Training Intensity" to 85%. More decreases your player's energy, less wastes training. Set training schedules immediately, never let your players idle for even one day and lose that training.

4) Don't add seats until you begin to sell out many league games. When you do decide to add seats, (many sell outs in a row, ticket price is above league average, etc...) build it in an increment that will have the purchased seats available for your next home game (not a friendly).

5) You get roughly 7M every Wednesday from fans. This is all that keeps your team afloat for awhile. As such, don't panic if you go into the negative balances - you can go as low as -15 M but with no available money but you might miss out on a good buy on the market or other opportunity. Again, wait until you better understand the economics.

6) With that being said, you will be able to find players for 100K who will become immediate starters. Check out the market either way, and get to know it. Also, don't fire anyone with 60 Quality or more without trying to sell them on the market.

7) Quality - Arguably the single most important stat a player has. It's how fast a player improves. Make sure your best quality players are playing, these players will be your stars in five seasons.

8) Potential - The longevity of your players. Your players lose approximately 6 potential points a year, and once they hit 0, they stop gaining skills. They also go beyond zero and start getting worse. (94 - 88 - 82 - 76 - 71 - 65 - 53 - 47 - 41 - 35 - 29 - 24 - 18 - 12 - 6 - 0 - -6 - -12 etc...)

9) Scouting - All your players "actually" have one of these values for potential. If you look though your players though, you'll see all kinds of numbers, falling in between these numbers. This is because your scouts haven't sized up the player yet. You learn the player's exact quality at 18 and potential at 22. Until then, your scouts make a guess. Under Team -> Scout you can choose a player to learn their exact value. This is important, players can be off by as much as 20%.

10) example A player with 90 Q and 60 P player compared with a player with 60 Q and 90 P with the same AI stats. The 90 Q guy will reach a higher AI level, but the 90 P guy will be around 5 seasons longer.

11) Book up all free days with friendlies to help with the cash flow. If possible, try to book away/visiting friendlies against high league opponents (I.I II.1 II.2). They have better stadiums than you and will make more money per game. Friendly income is split between the two teams.

12) Finally, if you want to pull your goalie this is how it works.
If within this many minutes,
at least this many goals have been allowed and
your team trails by this amount or more:
then the goalie switch happens.

13) Read and ask lots of questions! We'll help you out.

Old
02-23-2009, 08:15 AM
tujague

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phinor View Post
I still hate the randomness of youth pulls. My brother hasn't had a good pull (anything with Q above 70 for example) since July and his team is pretty much going down the drain because of that. I personally haven't had any useful pulls for a while but I got quite a few nice prospects months ago who are just getting ready to step in.

The season itself is going well - very few teams are able to compete with mine. The problem being, I still have zero stars in my team and I'm not even close to getting one. My profit is second worst in the league even though I have the smallest roster (26 players). I lost 500 fans last season so that didn't help much either. Any dead weight my roster had has already been sold or let loose.
Yeah. I'm not sure icko fixed anything when he said he fixed the YS system. Maybe he made it easier for everyone to get good pulls for a bit, but it seems like it's gone right back to the way it was. I love the randomness of youth pulls, but it would be nice if it was fair to everyone.

Old
02-23-2009, 09:25 AM
Shane

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
The problem with your first guy -- I you build him to be a C -- is that he has extremely low P for a center.
True, but his passing and STR are already fairly high and he has 10 SCo as well, so all I need to train for him is offense really, and a bit of shooting.

Alternatively, I could train him DEF and a bit a SPD and go with him as a defenseman.

What does everyone think?

Also, I'm thinking about selling him or Windass, as getting my T&R up to 100 has drained my cash and I don't have a good enough revenue stream to keep up with my salary and stadium costs. I think without selling one of those prospects, I might go below -$15M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
Yeah. I'm not sure icko fixed anything when he said he fixed the YS system. Maybe he made it easier for everyone to get good pulls for a bit, but it seems like it's gone right back to the way it was. I love the randomness of youth pulls, but it would be nice if it was fair to everyone.
Yeah, it annoys me too. I've been fortunate enough to get a team that gets good youth pulls, but seeing a guy like Mallard come in every other week with all insta-fires sucks. I would give him half of my good youth pulls if I could.

On another note, I'm playing a guy tonight that has higher AI than me that plays all four lines on intuitive. Should I play mine on intuitive as well?

Old
02-23-2009, 09:33 AM
feichter

YP...q/p's please??

http://www.hockeyarena.net/en/index....hp&id=17437141

http://www.hockeyarena.net/en/index....hp&id=17437145

Thanks!!
-Matt.

Old
02-23-2009, 09:33 AM
Clarke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
On another note, I'm playing a guy tonight that has higher AI than me that plays all four lines on intuitive. Should I play mine on intuitive as well?
I've been typically playing my strongest tatic against the teams who play intuitive. however i've had limited success with these new tatic setups. Im pretty sure any line combo is better then intuitive, maybe i've had it wrong though.

Old
02-23-2009, 09:46 AM
Shane

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarDown View Post
I've been typically playing my strongest tatic against the teams who play intuitive. however i've had limited success with these new tatic setups. Im pretty sure any line combo is better then intuitive, maybe i've had it wrong though.
Intuitive is actually better than any other tactic, but you don't gain chemistry if you use it.

If your chemistry is high enough, then any tactic you use will be better than intuitive, but I don't think mine is that high yet.

So I was thinking whether I should go intuitive so he doesn't have a tactical advantage (assuming my chemistry isn't high enough yet) to go along with his AI advantage.

Old
02-23-2009, 12:17 PM
Chairman Mallard
GO DUCKS

I don't expect good pulls all the time, and I'm sure most guys on here are more than tired of hearing me complain, but lets face it, when you have been playing for over a year, you start to want to make a run at the I, II, and III league levels.

When you can't get anything from your youth school, even when its at 100, its damn near impossible to really make an honest run at those top tiers.

Seriously, I have to buy players knowing that I will sell them later. My YS is so terrible that I have to buy Train and sells, on top of spending tons and tons of cash on players that can eventually start on my team. I don't have the means to purchase an entire team of 80-90+ quality guys, so the result is that my team will always be behind the guys that constantly get good pulls, or at least pulls good enough to sell for a good amount later.

I'm still holding my own, and if I hadn't went really young this season, I think I'd promote to III this season for sure, but since I really only have about 3 vet forwards left, I don't think I'll make it come playoff time, but I am sitting in 2nd as of now. My defense is mostly vets and then a few youngsters so they are really keeping me afloat right now while I get the 19 and 20 year olds some good exp and increased training.

There has to be a flaw in the YS system, I've been saying that for well over a year, and it really does hinder the integrity of the game, guys like Primetime say that they are great managers, but that guy pulls studs all the time, I imagine I could get to III and possibly II just by closing my eyes and blindly forming lines if I had that kind of youth school.

By the way, My U20 plan was to purposely demote to the bottom division and then bring back American Imperialism and wipe out all the weak latin american teams. Looking at the USA's division, aren't we close enough there already with our U20 manager trying?

I think we should have just let me take over

Old
02-23-2009, 12:20 PM
tujague

I'm in the same situation tonight. I was going to use my best tactics, but I added Delarosa to the top line. Since I did that, I figured I might as well put Rector up there. I moved ProkopO down to the second line. Hopefully that line full of vets can produce more points than they have been. I think I'm going to need that to survive. My chemistry on the top two lines dropped quite a bit since I made those changes. So I'll probably just go with Intuitive for tonight.

I really hate the whole chemistry thing. I think I've made changes to all 4 lines already and we're only 12 games into this season. Maybe instead of changing my lines, I should have created new lines. The new lines would have 0 chemistry, but thee old ones would have remained where they were. Then I could have just switched back to the old lines in important games.

Anyway. My new lines are very scary. I'm only 5 points above The Bad Line, so I might have to make changes when this team fails. And I do expect it to fail. Miserably.

Old
02-23-2009, 12:37 PM
Frozen

tujague you should use more creativity on line names! I'm not saying mine are anything great but the main four lines are named: Gung Ho, Hornet, Iron Glove and The Others.

Got a good youth pull day this time in terms of youngsters kept in the team (all 4 staying) since I started keeping and training all who have quality of 50 or over. Most of them are barely over 50Q but one 17yo is showing 85?/65? with 31AI, which could be great so I need to scout him. Today's trainings don't look good for that 17yo though because many 17-18yos with below 60Q trained better than him...

Old
02-23-2009, 01:26 PM
hluraven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen View Post
tujague you should use more creativity on line names!
My lines are called 1, 2, 3 and 4

Old
02-23-2009, 02:05 PM
feichter

2 Players for sale for Thurs;

C/Power Forward;
http://www.hockeyarena.net/en/index....php&id=8544153

Solid D-man, just gotta make room for new 92P/82Q prospect;
http://www.hockeyarena.net/en/index....php&id=8461394

Any question about'em, just holler! Both good players, just need room+$$.
-Matt.

Old
02-23-2009, 02:41 PM
Shane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman Mallard View Post
I don't expect good pulls all the time, and I'm sure most guys on here are more than tired of hearing me complain, but lets face it, when you have been playing for over a year, you start to want to make a run at the I, II, and III league levels.

When you can't get anything from your youth school, even when its at 100, its damn near impossible to really make an honest run at those top tiers.

Seriously, I have to buy players knowing that I will sell them later. My YS is so terrible that I have to buy Train and sells, on top of spending tons and tons of cash on players that can eventually start on my team. I don't have the means to purchase an entire team of 80-90+ quality guys, so the result is that my team will always be behind the guys that constantly get good pulls, or at least pulls good enough to sell for a good amount later.

I'm still holding my own, and if I hadn't went really young this season, I think I'd promote to III this season for sure, but since I really only have about 3 vet forwards left, I don't think I'll make it come playoff time, but I am sitting in 2nd as of now. My defense is mostly vets and then a few youngsters so they are really keeping me afloat right now while I get the 19 and 20 year olds some good exp and increased training.

There has to be a flaw in the YS system, I've been saying that for well over a year, and it really does hinder the integrity of the game, guys like Primetime say that they are great managers, but that guy pulls studs all the time, I imagine I could get to III and possibly II just by closing my eyes and blindly forming lines if I had that kind of youth school.

By the way, My U20 plan was to purposely demote to the bottom division and then bring back American Imperialism and wipe out all the weak latin american teams. Looking at the USA's division, aren't we close enough there already with our U20 manager trying?

I think we should have just let me take over
How many of your youth pulls are still in the game?

It's 24 for me, six with 100+ AI, eight with 80+ Q.

Old
02-23-2009, 03:01 PM
tujague

I don't think we can consider primetime a good manager anymore. He's struggling against some very small countries. 1-1 vs Bulagaria who has 111 active managers. Lost to Lithuania with less than 76 active, and barely beat Australia with 27 active. The US has 349 active.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
How many of your youth pulls are still in the game?

It's 24 for me, six with 100+ AI, eight with 80+ Q.
38 Some of them are recent pulls who will be fired eventually. I just haven't been in the mood to mess with that recently. I have over 50 players again, so I will have to do something in the next two weeks.

20 have over 100AI. Four over 150 and one over 200. Only 9 are 80+Q. 16-17 are 70-76Q. One guy is 79Q.

Old
02-23-2009, 03:28 PM
Shane

Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
38 Some of them are recent pulls who will be fired eventually. I just haven't been in the mood to mess with that recently. I have over 50 players again, so I will have to do something in the next two weeks.

20 have over 100AI. Four over 150 and one over 200. Only 9 are 80+Q. 16-17 are 70-76Q. One guy is 79Q.
Wow. That's pretty impressive.

On another note tuj, what would you do with a 19yo with 89Q and ~50P? His distribution is 33 PAS, 10 SPD, 24 STR, 10 SCo. I was thinking centre, but maybe it would be better to make him a defenceman?

Old
02-23-2009, 03:32 PM
Chairman Mallard
GO DUCKS

Chance Jones and Richard Edge are the only 2 guys on my team right now that I pulled, that I think are worth a damn. I probably have a couple guys that are from 60-70Q but they won't ever be a starter.

I can't imagine many more guys still being around on other teams, but I don't know for sure, since I don't have a sponsor pack.

Old
02-23-2009, 03:43 PM
MadArcand
We do not sow

28 still active (tho one is a recent firee that I doubt anyone buys - if, for some inane reason, you want him, his real Q is somewhere in the 40's).
195 AI tops, ten 100+ AI. Four 93-97 Q, five 82-88, seven 73-78.

Compared to tujague, a joke.

Old
02-23-2009, 06:36 PM
Chairman Mallard
GO DUCKS

Got the win 5-2 today and actually moved into first place. I'm tied for first, but I have the tiebreaker right now.

I just want to promote to III, but I don't think I will

Old
02-23-2009, 07:03 PM
tujague

4-1 win with the new kid playing D on the top line I think I mentioned last week that I was happy Bruno was finally scoring some goals. Yeah, he had 2+1 tonight and is now injured for a week And even though Cagle is on his line, he got 0 points Chalupka and Berntsen both got some points from the blueline. They're now 4th & 5th in the league in D points. That's pretty impressive considering Chalupka has very little experience and Berntsen has missed 3 games due to injury already.

Delarosa trained at 58%, Ziggy 54% and Rector 50%. Very nice

Old
02-23-2009, 08:11 PM
MXD

Won 7-3 against the lone team with an average AI above than mine (but for whatever reason, they're 10th in the rankings... inspite of a good goalie). Green had a decent game (he still faced 35 shots.) I'd like to win some 3-2 or 2-0 games once in a while.

Old
02-23-2009, 09:16 PM
njdevscup30
Boom Boom

vCash: 750
I joinned HA the same time as tujague. I have 30 YSers in the game right now, 14 with 70+ quality, 3 with 90 or more. I can't really complain about the quality of my players, but the potential is DREADFUL. Other than the first couple weeks of the game my studly 98Q 88P 18yo, (who I sold for spare change not knowing what I was doing back then), I haven't had anyone above 70Q with above 70P at the time of the pull. My good Q players all train great, and then they turn 23 and training plummets.

I have found that I make my living on buying T & S's. Buying guys for 100k or less and selling them for 10million+ just 3 seasons later. This game is crazy.

Old
02-24-2009, 12:44 AM
MadArcand
We do not sow

6-2 loss on high. Hideous game. He was home and almost 20 AI better, but still. And I lost my top (and more or less only) vet Siroky to injury. My 1st line is fubar, with both wings out.

Old
02-24-2009, 06:26 AM
Shane

5-2 win on low. After a pair of losses last week, this brings me back into a tie for first with a 10-3 record.

Unfortunately, I've lost my starting goalie Lovro Brezac for the next two league games.

Closed Thread