HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Fire Renney

Old
02-23-2009, 02:44 PM
pepty

vCash: 400
It would be nice to have Perry Pearn back. but I think Greg Carvel is the Sens assistant coach for life.

pepty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 03:34 PM
Senateurs
No rispek!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sens4Cup View Post
He would definitely be a good guy to have back. I mean you can hardly blame the coach for the problems in NY. Redden, Roszival, Gomez, Drury - half your payroll be for a bunch of sieves that's what wrong with NY and that's Sather's fault not Renney's. That he let go of Pearn shows that he's clueless. Pearn is probably the best assistant coach in the league. I wouldn't doubt if Hitchcock picks him up though as they go way back.
what is their connection?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepty View Post
It would be nice to have Perry Pearn back. but I think Greg Carvel is the Sens assistant coach for life.

I hate Carvel!!

Senateurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 03:35 PM
Juice*

greg carvel is a nobody and the players dont take him seriously...how could they who the **** is he?

Juice* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 04:47 PM
Quantas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerk Store View Post
yes, tsn did and thats probably why you did, poser
Bah! TSN lurks on my blog....at least they would if I had a blog...and they came across it by accident one day.

Quantas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 05:40 PM
SwedeSenators

I want Pearn back, and keep Richardson as a Bingo Assistant or something like that, or fire Carvel and have Pearn and Richardson.

SwedeSenators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 05:49 PM
Zorf

If the NYR hire Torts, as it is being reported, then I will be pissed that Murray missed another boat.

I tells ya, that Murray needs to find a place close to the docks so he won't miss any more boats

Zorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 07:25 PM
Sens4Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harf View Post
If the NYR hire Torts, as it is being reported, then I will be pissed that Murray missed another boat.

I tells ya, that Murray needs to find a place close to the docks so he won't miss any more boats
Torts doesn't do that much in terms of coaching as far as I know. He's not really a system guy he's just more of a yeller - the players aren't doing their job, he yells. And sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. He'll probably be decent with the NYR because they have talent just no drive so his yelling might work.

As far as Pearn's connection to Hitchcock I heard Hitch say in an interview in 2003 that they'd worked together on the junior under-17 program together and that they went way back. If we have Clouston we really need a guy like Pearn around to be the experienced assistant coach.

Sens4Cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 07:37 PM
DoctorDoak

Ask Rags fans what they think of Pearn. He hasn't exactly done a great job in NY from what I've heard. I suspect his record with the Sens had more to do with Martin's defensive wizardry than Pearn's own coaching abilities. Retreads don't always work (although hopefully Comrie will) so I'd steer clear of him.

Tortorella's hiring ought to put paid to Avery's comeback... I won't exactly shed any tears over that. Renney himself is a decent coach, though, sorry to see him answer for Sather's inpetitude. He'll get another job in the league, I'd wager.

DoctorDoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 07:48 PM
Alfredsson11

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepty View Post
Yeah, haha, seems that way doesnt it, although Greg has done a great job on the PK over the last couple of years

Alfredsson11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 09:45 PM
Ours Whole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sens4Cup View Post
Torts doesn't do that much in terms of coaching as far as I know. He's not really a system guy he's just more of a yeller - the players aren't doing their job, he yells. And sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
I was hoping that Torts would come here so that he might yell at Spezza and call him out in the press.

Ours Whole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 11:00 PM
Jerk Store
Classless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantas View Post
Bah! TSN lurks on my blog....at least they would if I had a blog...and they came across it by accident one day.
LOL!

Jerk Store is offline   Reply With Quote