HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Miller out indefinitely / Ruff has confidence in Lalime

Old
02-23-2009, 06:27 PM
DrtyLrry

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuds View Post
Are you people ****ing nuts? What gives you the idea that this team will "ALL OF A SUDDEN" snap out of relying wholly on the netminder to win them games?

Have we won any games this year despite Miller? A resounding "no" would be the response. He has had poor games for sure, but those aren't games we win.

There's the outside chance that this incident brings them together and elevates their game, but that's slim.
Exactly! I can't imagine MGMT is overly impressed with Lalime now starting. A move must be made to compete while Miller is gone

DrtyLrry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 06:28 PM
Der Jaeger

Goalies and teams sometimes step up when he starting goalie goes down.

1999 Eastern Conference Finals: Hasek out and Dwayne Roloson in. Roloson was hardly anything more than an average back-up at that point in his career, and the Sabres were a gritty, low scoring, defensive-minded team which Hasek carried.

Without Hasek:
Game 1: 5-4 Sabres
Game 2: 6-3 Sabres

Roloson wasn't great, but was good enough, and the Sabres rallied around him, and picked up scoring to boot.

I'm not saying that's what will happen... but it has happened before.

Der Jaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 08:33 PM
phelan19

[QUOTE=whiplash;18124461]Sprained ankles SUCK. There are so many determining factors that go into how bad it is and how long it will take to heal. I had one a few years ago from street hockey and I was back playing hockey (including ice) in 3 days, last summer I sprained it playing football and it was so bad I couldn't even go to work for 6 days, let alone play any football for a month (although I am nowhere near as in shape as a real athlete and I wasn't on a physical therapy program)

As for what Miller said about the swelling, that means jack **** sometimes and less swelling can be even worse, though usually it's because you let it go too long before getting it looked at and obviously that isn't the case here.

I'm no medical Dr. but I had a High Ankle sprain about 5 years ago, like what Miller has. The Dr and the rehab nurse told me I would have been better if I broke it. A High ankle sprain will NEVER truly heal. I can attest to that years later. From what I understand there are three grades to a High Ankle Sprain 1-3 with three being the worse. I can assume they have no idea on the timetable because the swelling hasn't subsided. Mine took a week for the initial swelling to subside, and only then could they give me a timetable and a true prognosis. A sprain is not something they can diagnose over an X-Ray, so its kind of a wait and see approach. I was diagnosed with a Grade Three sprain, and ended up being in a walking boot for a month and in physical therapy for two months total. From what I recall the main rehab for strength and flexibility also cannot be started until the swelling subsides.

It took me two and a half months to be able to play hockey again. And when I did that it was with an ankle brace and it hurt like hell the first time out on the ice. The ankle has never been as strong again.

I always thought that high ankle sprains were no big deal till I had one. My guess Is first or second round of the playoffs IF WE ARE LUCKY.

Again no Dr here, just personal experience.

phelan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 12:08 PM
Pass McGass

vCash: 890
Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuds View Post
Are you people ****ing nuts? What gives you the idea that this team will "ALL OF A SUDDEN" snap out of relying wholly on the netminder to win them games?

Have we won any games this year despite Miller? A resounding "no" would be the response. He has had poor games for sure, but those aren't games we win.

There's the outside chance that this incident brings them together and elevates their game, but that's slim.
We're nuts for being optimistic that this situation, even if the chance is pretty slim, could work out for the next several weeks until Miller comes back? How should we all be? OMGOMG WE'RE DOOMED!1!1!1!! JUMP OUT A ****ING WINDOW BEFORE WE MISS THE PLAYOFFS!

How about we just see how this all plays out, since not a single person on here knows what's going to happen until it happens

Pass McGass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 12:09 PM
WhoIsJimBob
#TankEnvy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pass McGass View Post
How about we just see how this all plays out, since not a single person on here knows what's going to happen until it happens
Perhaps because hindsight is not only 20/20, but also boring as H-E-double Easton Synergys.

WhoIsJimBob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 12:12 PM
Pass McGass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bob View Post
Perhaps because hindsight is not only 20/20, but also boring as H-E-double Easton Synergys.
I'll give you that much, for sure. Freaking out IS more exciting than thinking everything's nice and fancy.

Old
02-24-2009, 12:20 PM
KarlSen

Welcome to you Lalime years. Whether he stinks or is good, Lalime is a good guy and team player. Hopefully he has progressed since leaving Ottawa, but things to watch out for:

- allowing goals on the first 3 shots of the game. He had that perfected in his last season in Ottawa. The post-game guys most repeated words were "he shut the door after the first <1-3> goals.

- weak ass goals at the worst time possible. Top goalies close the door when things are at their most crucial and the weak ones are often when they don't matter. Lalime had this bit reversed. This doesn't show up in stats, but it hurst the team and is a confidence killer.

I really do wish him the best of luck and hopes he gets on a groove, but if I'm a Sabres fan I also wouldn't mind seeing some trade deadline action for plan B in nets.

KarlSen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 12:24 PM
Kruschiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrtyLrry View Post
Exactly! I can't imagine MGMT is overly impressed with Lalime now starting. A move must be made to compete while Miller is gone
Funny, Engblom last night was saying the Sabres HAVE to make a move for a goalie. Personally, I think the trade deadline is so close, and the temptation to run out the clock for a windfall of picks and prospects is too great for Regier to pass up now.

Kruschiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 01:53 PM
Top_Scorah19

Any update on Miller's injury ?

Top_Scorah19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 03:33 PM
Pass McGass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top_Scorah19 View Post
Any update on Miller's injury ?

"ANKLE'S SPRAINED!"

And to answer your question, no, not yet.

Old
02-24-2009, 03:40 PM
warriorspikes51*

Quote:
"ANKLE'S SPRAINED!"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA blackuweather forecast *waits for pessimistic fan to reply with "We gunna suck!!!!"

warriorspikes51* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 03:51 PM
SpachoMan

Send a message via AIM to SpachoMan
The confidence in Lalime is dumbfounding.

I do have confidence in the team however to rally around him and tighten things up a bit. We can win games.

SpachoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 06:10 PM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
We're nuts for being optimistic that this situation, even if the chance is pretty slim, could work out for the next several weeks until Miller comes back? How should we all be? OMGOMG WE'RE DOOMED!1!1!1!! JUMP OUT A ****ING WINDOW BEFORE WE MISS THE PLAYOFFS!

No, I'm saying that people are nutty if they think our goaltender is all of a sudden irrelevant.

We were winning because of Miller. When Lalime played, we lost. Miller is gone. You can follow logically, can't you? You seem like an LSAT type

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 06:19 PM
Vito_81

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpachoMan View Post
The confidence in Lalime is dumbfounding.

I do have confidence in the team however to rally around him and tighten things up a bit. We can win games.
I've never seen or met God but I believe in him. I've at least seen Lalime play well in the NHL. It's possible he could play well again.

Vito_81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 09:48 PM
Top_Scorah19

so we still dont know how long Miller is out for?

Top_Scorah19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 09:57 PM
jflory81
Irken Elite

Send a message via AIM to jflory81
Quote:
"ANKLE'S SPRAINED!"

well done.

jflory81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 05:07 PM
Pass McGass

Last 5 games for Lalime (since Miller's injury):

7 goals against

.943 SV%

1.60 GAA

Only 2 wins, 1 SO loss for a total of 5 points in 5 games.

I'd say he's done a pretty good job so far; if he hadn't played his face off, they might not have even gotten a point in a couple of those games.

Old
03-07-2009, 05:39 PM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

confusing bump is confusing.

BackGroundMusic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 05:42 PM
Pass McGass

wat.

Now I are confused.

Old
03-07-2009, 05:48 PM
Kc232
Hi

me 2

but i think our team is rallying around lalime better then we could of hoped

Kc232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 06:06 PM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
wat.

Now I are confused.
I thought it was a new update on Miller, but you just posted Patty's stats in the last 5 games. I wasn't expecting the thread to be a revival, and then when I noticed it was, I wasn't expecting it to be about Lalime.

Old
03-07-2009, 06:12 PM
Pass McGass

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikeGiftingMan View Post
I thought it was a new update on Miller, but you just posted Patty's stats in the last 5 games. I wasn't expecting the thread to be a revival, and then when I noticed it was, I wasn't expecting it to be about Lalime.
Ahh, confused no more.

Due to the thread's change of direction about us as fans having confidence in him, I wanted to bump it and see what everyone's thoughts about the dude are now. It seems like he's hit a pretty decent rhythm; and that rhythm has been all about playing his face off. I wonder if he can keep it up?

Old
03-07-2009, 06:22 PM
Clock

That was scary. I thought it was a new thread saying that Miller was out indefinitely, as in "there's new news, and it's bad."

Clock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 06:27 PM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clock View Post
That was scary. I thought it was a new thread saying that Miller was out indefinitely, as in "there's new news, and it's bad."
Exactly.

Old
03-07-2009, 06:27 PM
Pass McGass

Haha, sorry guys, I just didn't feel like it would be necessary to creat a new thread about Lalime's performances as of late.

***MILLER IS RECOVERING EXACTLY AS BEFORE ***