HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jean Perron on "Tout le monde en parle"

Old
02-22-2009, 07:45 PM
BigM1ke

vCash: 500
Jean Perron on "Tout le monde en parle"

Jean Perron was on the show tonight for 10-15 minutes and said alot of stuff about the current Habs situation. Here is a quick recap :

- He said that O'Byrne took one for the team last year by taking the bag of the girl in the bar since there was compromising pictures taken by the girl on that phone.

- Huet may have been linked to that incident and that may be why he was trade later on
the trade deadline.

- The awful game Price at Edmonton awhile ago was what made him lost his mind and call Gainey. He was too pissed off and couldn't watch the team any longer knowing what he knew about some players.

- Price, Higgins and Kostitsyn, among the other, are really out partying alot. He didn't want to go into details but he said that they are alot of stuff that wasn't said and that they are way worst than what's already out.

- Another guest in the show (Normand Brathwaite) also said that there was alot of gossip in the city about the players going out. He said that in some restaurants, the owners were telling him that the team played badly the night before because some of the players were partying at his place the night before and stuff like this.

- He doesn't care about Higgins, Kost and the others but only about Price since he's the one than can bring the team to the Cup. He believes the team won't trade him and do everything they can to "cure" him from his bad habits.

- He said the scoop last week about the players partying because he wanted to help Gainey and Carbo since he wants them to stay with the club the longer possible.

- He called Gainey to tell him everything he knew awhile ago, being very specific about each incidents, the places and the times it happened (he could almost tell the exact time they were at some specific places).

- He said that he was under the impression that Gainey already knew everything he was telling him.

- He said players used to party too while he was a coach many years ago but it wasn't that big of a deal since there wasn't cell phones, blogs, internets, etc. at that time.

I'm not a big fan of Perron and I didn't like his "coming out" last week but now that I've heard him, I think that he truly wants the best for this team and he's not making stuff up. Anyway, just wanted to let you guys know for those who missed it.

Last edited by BigM1ke: 02-22-2009 at 07:58 PM.
BigM1ke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 07:48 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigM1ke View Post
Jean Perron was on the show tonight for 10-15 minutes and said alot of stuff about the current Habs situation. Here is a quick recap :

- He said that O'Byrne took one for the team last year by taking the bag of the girl in the bar since there was compromising pictures taken by the girl on that phone.

- Huet may have been linked to that incident and that may be why he was trade later on the trade deadline.

- Price, Higgins and Kostitsyn, among the other, are really out partying alot. He didn't want to go into details but he said that they are alot of stuff that wasn't said and that they are way worst than what's already out.

- He doesn't care about Higgins, Kost and the others but only about Price since he's the one than can bring the team to the Cup. He believes the team won't trade him and do everything they can to "cure" him from his bad habits.

- He said the scoop last week about the players partying because he wanted to help Gainey and Carbo since he wants them to stay with the club the longer possible.

- He said that Gainey seemed to already know everything he was telling him.

- He called Gainey to tell him everything he knew awhile ago, being very specific about each incidents, the places and the times it happened.

- He said players used to party too while he was a coach many years ago but it wasn't that big of a deal since there wasn't cell phones, blogs, internets, etc. at that time.
well... not that big of a bomb

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 07:49 PM
MonacoBlue

Who cares if the players party a lot? Seriously.

MonacoBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 07:51 PM
BigM1ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONACOBLUE View Post
You don't get it. The point is that the "party" thing is almost nothing. There's way more to it.

Old
theonejc

i think the stuff he says is a load of "crock" i'd like to know more specifics on how Huet was somehow linked with anything...

If theres more information like he says, why hasn't it come out and, since when does the media care about "saving Carbo and Gaineys jobs"?

theonejc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Jean Perron needs to get laid, big time.

YMCMBeaulieu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
The media

Because they obviously never partied ever

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Tricolore#20
PK PK PK

I have to ask, how in the world does Jean Perron know who's partying and who's doing what? A 63 year old man seems to know a lot about the party habits of 20 somethings. Isn't that equally disturbing?

Tricolore#20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Perron is a ****er.

Habs Prospects website
habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 07:52 PM
BigM1ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by theonejc View Post
i think the stuff he says is a load of "crock" i'd like to know more specifics on how Huet was somehow linked with anything...

If theres more information like he says, why hasn't it come out and, since when does the media care about "saving Carbo and Gaineys jobs"?
He wasn't sure about the Huet story though but said that "may" be the case. Other than that, he seemed to know everything he was talking about... I was surprised.

Old
02-22-2009, 07:55 PM
LeMAD

Quote:
Because sniffing cocaine is illegal. (and really bad for the team)

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 07:56 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolore#20 View Post
I have to ask, how in the world does Jean Perron know who's partying and who's doing what? A 63 year old man seems to know a lot about the party habits of 20 somethings. Isn't that equally disturbing?
Geez... He knows lots of people in Montreal. He has sources.

Lots of people - not only journalists- are knowing a lot about Habs players off ice behaviour. He is the one who is taking the **** because he talked about it publicly

If he was wrong, he would be sued right now by the players and the organization.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 07:56 PM
TheCanasianfrasian

Send a message via MSN to TheCanasianfrasian
he also said that what he knows about Price, Higgins and Skost is far worse then the partying Theo, Ribeiro and Dagenais were doing. And he says he doesnt understand that those 3 were traded, but higgins and skost are still here...

which led to the question of trading price which he said he hopes and thinks the org will try to do everything to cure him before trading him

TheCanasianfrasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 07:58 PM
habdynasty

it sounds like he hates the english players... surprise surprise ...

habdynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 08:00 PM
la25ecoupe

Ok, if you go to a university and interview everyone.. you'll find out that they're partying as much.. even tho they have an exam the next day..

They might fail tho..

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 08:01 PM
TheCanasianfrasian

Send a message via MSN to TheCanasianfrasian
Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post
Ok, if you go to a university and interview everyone.. you'll find out that they're partying as much.. even tho they have an exam the next day..

They might fail tho..

lol...i dont know any students who are paid millions to take their exams

TheCanasianfrasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Jean Perron...... kétaine

Pierre Dagenais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by habdynasty View Post

I really, really doubt it. It's funny though that you jump to that conclusion because Perron's a french name even though he's never been that kind of person. The guy loves Gainey, an anglo player who played for him and he coached teams in Israel.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 08:02 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigM1ke View Post

- Huet may have been linked to that incident and that may be why he was trade later on the trade deadline.

- Another guest in the show (Normand Brathwaite) also said that there was alot of gossip in the city about the players going out. He said that in some restaurants, the owners were telling him that the team played badly the night before because some of the players were partying at his place the night before and stuff like this.

- He called Gainey to tell him everything he knew awhile ago, being very specific about each incidents, the places and the times it happened.

- He said that he was under the impression that Gainey already knew everything he was telling him.

What a joker! I like how he tries to play the good sumeritan card by warning Gainey and Carbo because he likes them, acknowledges that Gainey seemed to already know, and then goes public with his information which creates huges for fires for both Gainey and Carbo to try to deal with and put out but Perron is doing this because he want what's good for them. Jean Perron is in this for Jean Perron and nobody else.

I also get a kick out of him going on about the negative impacts of partying on players performance but then changes tune by saying it wasn't a big deal if players partied during his coaching days because there was no internet, cell phone cameras etc. (umm, I think partying still affected performance in your day Jean). He's talking out of both sides of his mouth.

Jean Perron's a certified idiot!

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:

They might fail tho..

I beg to differ

Old
BigM1ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by habdynasty View Post
Hmm... He is one big Price fan and, as far as I'm concerned, I think that Price is an english player.

Old
Mustafa*

Perron is afraid that Heavy Métal will take our youth on the wrong path.

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 08:03 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Perron right now should just stop talking,he is starting to sound like Fournier when he talks about retireing a jersey..

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 08:05 PM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Quote:

They might fail tho..

Really ?

Those guys parying before an exam are irresponsible and very bad example. They probably have poor score to boot !

IMO everybody can make errors but this whole saga might help some and define if they are ready for the montreal market !

Jeffrey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 08:05 PM
BigM1ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
What a joker! I like how he tries to play the good sumeritan card by warning Gainey and Carbo because he likes them, acknowledges that Gainey seemed to already know, and then goes public with his information which creates huges for fires for both Gainey and Carbo to try to deal with and put out but Perron is doing this because he want what's good for them. Jean Perron is in this for Jean Perron and nobody else.

I also get a kick out of him going on about the negative impacts of partying on players performance but then changes tune by saying it wasn't a big deal if players partied during his coaching days because there was no internet, cell phone cameras etc. (umm, I think partying still affected performance in your day Jean). He's talking out of both sides of his mouth.

Jean Perron's a certified idiot!
I agree that this makes no sense in a certain way, but I understand what he wanted to do though. But you have to agree that things changed in 20 years. The players have to be more careful about what they do and who they go out with. But, like I said, he said that the problem is bigger than the "party" issue...