HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jvr?

Old
02-23-2009, 02:37 PM
oilsands
shut 'em down.

vCash: 500
Jvr?

Hey,
quasi-Flyers fan here (after the Oil of course... ).

It seems that JVR's name has been popping up in trade circles recently... he had a decent WJC performance (minus the game versus Canada)... he was lighting it up in College. What is happening with him? Is he not excelling? Are the flyers looking to deal him for immediate help? What is the story with the #2 overall pick from two years ago?

Thanks!

oilsands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 02:39 PM
Flyersfan1216

Nothing. He would only be available for a top goalie.

A couple of idiots started putting his name in trade rumors and it caught fire. He wont get moved unless its for a top goalie.

Nothing else.

Flyersfan1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 02:40 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersfan1216 View Post

A couple of idiots started putting his name in trade rumors and it caught fire. He wont get moved unless its for a top goalie.

Nothing else.
+1. Barely tapped his potential yet and is being thrown into trades proposals for way less than what he'll be worth in 2 years.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 02:42 PM
oilsands
shut 'em down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
+1. Barely tapped his potential yet and is being thrown into trades proposals for way less than what he'll be worth in 2 years.
Yeah, thats what I thought...
has his performance cooled in college?

oilsands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 03:09 PM
Opus
Boondoggle

vCash: 875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersfan1216 View Post

Nothing else.
Holmgren, is that you?

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 03:11 PM
FlyLife
Nuthin but a G Thang

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskyoil View Post
Yeah, thats what I thought...
has his performance cooled in college?
Nah he's actually been pretty hot lately. Was pretty cool immediately after the WJC's, but he has picked it up as of late. Actually had a shorty the other night, so he should fit in well with the Flyers.

FlyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 03:13 PM
Orange Crush 89

Quote:
Since you can obviously foresee the future, would you mind giving me the Mega Millions numbers for tomorrow?

Orange Crush 89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 03:34 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

I just sometimes get the impression from JVR that he'd rather be somewhere else but Philadelphia. I guess we'll sign when it comes time for him to sign.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 03:35 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Crush 89 View Post
Since you can obviously foresee the future, would you mind giving me the Mega Millions numbers for tomorrow?
He's a 2nd overall pick. You don't need to be Nostrodamus to know that, barring a Daigle style breakdown, he's going to be worth something more than a small add-on to a "Lupul + Jones + 1st round + JVR for J-Bo" trade.

Old
02-23-2009, 03:44 PM
dawkins121

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I just sometimes get the impression from JVR that he'd rather be somewhere else but Philadelphia. I guess we'll sign when it comes time for him to sign.
Grew up in Jersey as a Rangers fan, he's probably looking to sabotage the Flyers from within.

dawkins121 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 03:48 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawkins121 View Post
Grew up in Jersey as a Rangers fan, he's probably looking to sabotage the Flyers from within.
That honestly has to be kind of rough, to hate a team for so long only to be plopped right into them. It'd be like any of us being drafted to the Pens.

Old
02-23-2009, 03:51 PM
dawkins121

JVR is worth more to this team than any trade proposal that doesn't bring us a top end goalie (and I don't consider Lehtonen a top end goalie).

Flyers have lots of depth at center and a pretty good group of puck moving d-men, but after this year there's a good chance Knuble will be on his way out which leaves us with Gagne, Hartnell, Giroux, and a very inconsistent Lupul to be the wings for Richards, Carter, and Briere.

Not only that, but after next season Coburn is in line for a raise and after the 2010/2011 season both Gagne and Carter are free agents. With the cap situation in doubt and so much of our salary already tied up, there's a decent chance Gagne walks. JVR is going to be a crucial part of this team's future and unless he can be traded for a legitimate top tier goalie (and I don't know any who are on the market) then I don't want to see him moved, period.

dawkins121 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 07:11 PM
TheKingPin

Quote:
That honestly has to be kind of rough, to hate a team for so long only to be plopped right into them. It'd be like any of us being drafted to the Pens.
Hey JL, Rock n Rolla has to be one of the best movies ive seen in awhile, good avy pick!

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 07:13 PM
Raffl House

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawkins121 View Post
JVR is worth more to this team than any trade proposal that doesn't bring us a top end goalie (and I don't consider Lehtonen a top end goalie).
Completely agree. Talk about a guy who has been hyped to death.

I honestly think JVR is enjoying the college life. I'm sure it can't be all that bad...playing hockey, lots of girls, being the 2nd OV pick, etc.

Raffl House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 08:08 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPin View Post
Hey JL, Rock n Rolla has to be one of the best movies ive seen in awhile, good avy pick!
OT:

Guy Ritchie knows what he's doing.

Sadly the sequel they promised has been cancelled. Apparently Guy Ritchie had the sequel written (which was so long they were thinking of making it two movies) but Rock N Rolla didn't make enough money. Who knows, maybe someone else will pick it up.

Old
02-23-2009, 08:25 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
He's not going anywhere.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 08:35 PM
TheTaekster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carle Winslow View Post

I honestly think JVR is enjoying the college life. I'm sure it can't be all that bad...playing hockey, lots of girls, being the 2nd OV pick, etc.
Facebook leads me to side with you, although according to that he's practically married

TheTaekster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 08:58 PM
pcgflyers12*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Crush 89 View Post
hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahaha:la ugh:

pcgflyers12* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 08:59 PM
Norm MacDonald

With bonuses, I could see JVR causing a $2M+ cap hit off the bat. I don't think he will be as cap-friendly as many here think. He'll be better than Briere or Lupul, but it's not like he'll be making the "rookie max."

That being said, Holmgren really shouldn't trade JVR. He's a big part in this team's organizational depth, especially if Holmgren has any intention of moving Briere's and/or Lupul's contracts.

I'm worried that there may be something going on behind the scenes that we don't know about (like maybe JVR is thinking about staying in college another year). If that's the case, it's better Holmgren just do what he needs to do and tell us about it afterwards.

Norm MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 10:45 PM
Haute Couturier

Quote:
Hey,

It seems that JVR's name has been popping up in trade circles recently... he had a decent WJC performance (minus the game versus Canada)... he was lighting it up in College. What is happening with him? Is he not excelling? Are the flyers looking to deal him for immediate help? What is the story with the #2 overall pick from two years ago?

Thanks!
The trade rumors seemed to originate with Bruce Garrioch so I take it with a grain of salt. Holmgren was a bit unhappy with the fact that JVR went back to school instead of turning pro and wasn't thrilled with his WJC performance. So Garrioch concluded the Flyers are interested in dealing him.

I could see them moving him for a player that would make an immediate impact like Bouwmeester, but I don't think he's being actively shopped.

Haute Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 10:47 PM
TheKingPin

Quote:
OT:

Guy Ritchie knows what he's doing.

Sadly the sequel they promised has been cancelled. Apparently Guy Ritchie had the sequel written (which was so long they were thinking of making it two movies) but Rock N Rolla didn't make enough money. Who knows, maybe someone else will pick it up.
Damn it. The Real RocknRolla would have been awesome.

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 10:56 PM
panayiotis

well

Quote:
Hey,

Thanks!
Well in JVR. You got a better version of Leclair. A player who you can slot into Gags salary position. The salary cap will tumble after next year. You need young players to replace the vets. maroon-giroux-jvr are long term flyers.

panayiotis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 10:57 PM
dedhed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 View Post
He's not going anywhere.

I sure hope you're right about that.

dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 06:15 AM
CanuckistanFlyerfan

Quote:

Ya, I really feel for JVR. I mean none of us has ever had to work harder for a boss we didn't like. At a fraction of what JVR would make. Poor l'il feller.

I also highly doubt JVR is the first guy drafted by his least favorite team. Once you start flying around NA, the puck bunnies start lining up and those millions start rolling in, it's pretty tough to stick to your allegiances.

CanuckistanFlyerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 06:19 AM
CanuckistanFlyerfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carle Winslow View Post
Sure, but it could be better...playing hockey, lot's of girls, being the 2nd OV pick, making millions!!!

CanuckistanFlyerfan is offline   Reply With Quote