HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jeremy Williams Asked To be Traded

Closed Thread

Old
02-23-2009, 03:59 PM
Transplanted Caper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSP4LYFE View Post
Just reporting what I have been told
To be fair, Wilson does seem like a guy who knows he can say whatever the hell he wants this year, likely about people he knows won't bearound when his coaching is actually being evaluated.

Old
02-23-2009, 03:59 PM
EazyB97

Quote:
This girl is hot! She dated Stefan Legein before lol
Legein was recently (last year I believe, maybe two) with a girl at Brock. Same one?

Rumour makes sense and I don't see what MSP would gain by lying. Wouldn't be surprised to see him go somewhere close to home (closest AHL team maybe?) for another low-chance prospect who basically won't get an NHL look. I just hope the team can grant his wish.

Old
02-23-2009, 04:00 PM
Leafidelity
Registered Leafs Fan

vCash: 1775
I believe MSP, not like someone made a new account to throw this at us, hes a respectable active poster and I believe him.

Interesting what he said about the coaching staff. Maybe he didnt like being passed up for young guys like Kulemin on the roster.

How much longer is he under contract with the Leafs/Marlies? I could see him walking if this is the case.

Old
02-23-2009, 04:01 PM
Snipeshow

He's shown he can score at the NHL level. The problem is when he isn't scoring, he isn't much use to anybody.

However before his injury this year he was fairly consistent with his scoring, but once Finger nailed him in practice during his recovery he was never given another chance. It's a shame, really.

I always thought after the deadline when we shipped out a couple bodies he would be back up with the big club. Who knows now.

Old
02-23-2009, 04:02 PM
KapG

Quote:
This girl is hot! She dated Stefan Legein before lol
yeah and williams probably gets a ton of action on the side..

does that not bother her lol?

Or is she just one of those puck bunnies? If shes a puck bunny I feel bad for the father lol.

Anyways, I just find puck bunnies hilarious bro...I have a really good friend of mine (well use to be a really good friend...) and she is/was a puck bunnie...its hilarious how often they get cheated on and just say OMG HE LOVES ME hahahahahahaha

Cheers MSP

Old
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

It must be true. There is nothing on Hockeybuzz.

Old
goleafsgo93

tsn is about to lose torts from the panel, maybe u should work with dreger as a hockey insider.

Old
02-23-2009, 04:03 PM
highoffglass
Cheers!

I hope he doesn't get traded

Old
John-Eric Iannicello
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonleaffan View Post
sure buddy, if it is true how come your are the one breaking this news and not some radio station?
Because it's Jeremy Williams and he's not news worthy?

If anything, it would be news that would come out after he was traded. Didn't the same thing happen with Robbie Earl? As in, once he was dealt there was something about him wanting out of Toronto because he felt he wasn't going to get a proper chance? (Someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Old
MSP4LYFE*

Quote:
Originally Posted by EazyB97 View Post
Legein was recently (last year I believe, maybe two) with a girl at Brock. Same one?

Rumour makes sense and I don't see what MSP would gain by lying. Wouldn't be surprised to see him go somewhere close to home (closest AHL team maybe?) for another low-chance prospect who basically won't get an NHL look. I just hope the team can grant his wish.
No, Western.

Old
02-23-2009, 04:04 PM
Saul
S'all Good Man

With all this girlfriend talk.. apparently Stamkos girlfriend isn't quite hot... friend of a friend. I think they go to York university.

Old
02-23-2009, 04:04 PM
ugotmybeef*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericho87 View Post
Because it's Jeremy Williams and he's not news worthy?

If anything, it would be news that would come out after he was traded. Didn't the same thing happen with Robbie Earl? As in, once he was dealt there was something about him wanting out of Toronto because he felt he wasn't going to get a proper chance? (Someone correct me if I'm wrong).
Robbie Earl just sucked and Burke traded him for someone with size.

Old
02-23-2009, 04:06 PM
KapG

Quote:
No, Western.
thats where all the hot ones go

I know this first hand baby....

god damnit I hated school...but I do miss that campus during the warm months

Old
02-23-2009, 04:07 PM
Ten

Luke Schenn has dated two girls from Pickering recently, one being my stepsisters exboyfriends sister.

And good for Williams, he deserves a shot to play in the NHL and I wish him nothing but the best.

Old
02-23-2009, 04:11 PM
MSP4LYFE*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KapG View Post

Or is she just one of those puck bunnies? If shes a puck bunny I feel bad for the father lol.

Anyways, I just find puck bunnies hilarious bro...I have a really good friend of mine (well use to be a really good friend...) and she is/was a puck bunnie...its hilarious how often they get cheated on and just say OMG HE LOVES ME hahahahahahaha

Cheers MSP
Shes a really nice girl so yeah im not gonna go there lol.

Old
02-23-2009, 04:12 PM
Cheli

This is an article from when he got sent down most recently..

http://www.nationalpost.com/sports/s...tml?id=1282859

Quote:
"This is definitely disappointing - I've been a fan of the Maple Leafs my entire life, from as far back as I could comprehend what hockey was," Williams said.

When asked if he feels he can thrive under the demanding Wilson, Williams replied: "Yes I can. I know he's been hard on me, and I think that's what every player needs in a coach. It helps you to not get comfortable and it's constructive criticism.

"Sometimes, you may get angry at [the things] he has to say, but it's still motivation for a player and I think [Wilson] has motivated me a lot."

Though skating for the Leafs was a dream come true, Williams is not opposed to playing elsewhere in the NHL, if he is claimed on waivers before the noon deadline.

"Of course I want to be in the NHL, but it's something I haven't been able to wrap my head around just yet," he said. "I have to talk to a few people here and figure out what's going on.

Old
Jeffler
Shut Up Jeffler

Quote:
lets hope this is actually the case my friend!!!!!!!
Absolutely not. Rebuild or not, this screams wanting to throw games, which you should NEVER do.

Old
MSP4LYFE*

Quote:
Originally Posted by goleafsgo93 View Post
tsn is about to lose torts from the panel, maybe u should work with dreger as a hockey insider.
LOL "breaking news from the GF of another hockey player..."

Old
02-23-2009, 04:15 PM
MSP4LYFE*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuLk View Post
With all this girlfriend talk.. apparently Stamkos girlfriend isn't quite hot... friend of a friend. I think they go to York university.
Really? He could get any girl he wants. What a waste of god given talent.

Old
02-23-2009, 04:18 PM
bluumax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten View Post
Luke Schenn has dated two girls from Pickering recently, one being my stepsisters exboyfriends sister.
i hope thats not a joke because i just spent like 5 minutes trying to understand it lol

and i wouldnt want to give him up for nothing, maybe put him in as part of one of the "big deals"

Old
02-23-2009, 04:20 PM
Leafidelity
Registered Leafs Fan

vCash: 1775
Quote:

Cheers MSP
Its really not like that with most guys. I know a good bunch of NHL players and everyone always says the craziest stuff happens in junior years. Theres exceptions to the rules (Montreal Canadiens) but most guys are trying to lock up a trophy wife by the time they go pro.

Old
02-23-2009, 04:23 PM
Number13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emroc View Post
Does Jeremy realize that he was put on waivers and there were no takers for him?
There were no takers for Jokinen and Fritsche when they were on waivers because teams need to clear room for them. So he's more likely to be moved for another team's spare part.

Old
02-23-2009, 04:26 PM
Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number13 View Post
There were no takers for Jokinen and Fritsche when they were on waivers because teams need to clear room for them. So he's more likely to be moved for another team's spare part.
Yeah, but Jokinen and Fritsche are at least proven NHLers. All Williams has proven is that he can score now and then, and he provides little else.

My own opinion wasn't that teams wanted him but had no roster space, but rather they didn't think he could replace anybody and make their roster better.

All I could see him getting traded for is another good AHL player.

Old
02-23-2009, 04:28 PM
sangreale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntouchable13 View Post
Yea, that was very evident by Ron Wilson and his coaching staff's reaction the second the Leafs scored that OT goal last night

Bang on. It can't be true. Only a player who lacked character, was only concerned about his numbers and was too lazy to work on his defence would make a commnet like that.

Old
02-23-2009, 04:30 PM
alienanton*

on the topic of girlfriends alex pietrangelo is dating this cute little blonde. i went to one of the wjc games with the pietrangelos and met her...

did want.

Closed Thread