HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

First Impressions

Closed Thread

Old
03-11-2004, 02:29 PM
Fan-of-#9

vCash: 500
First Impressions

Can anybody please give me some briefings on how Brown, Jillson, and Grier looked in the first game as a Sabre? Some positives and negatives.

I don't have Centre Ice at my house, usually I go to my buddy's restaurant and he lets me watch the Sabres, last night I missed the game.

Thanks.

Old
03-11-2004, 02:37 PM
TVanek26*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TVanek26*
Well...

Jeff Jillson-In my opinion,his first game was decent but had some spots where it showed his *NHL* inexperience.He was not afraid to shoot the puck,he had some pretty good vision and his poise is even better then Skoula's :p He did give up the puck a few times but he is still young and a student of the game.I liked what I saw from him.

Brad Brown-This guy impressed me a lot.He was a nasty, physical force in front of the net and along the boards.He made opponents pay when they stay in front of that net.He will be an adequate replacement for Warrener.It's tough to replace a player that has Rhett's talent,but Brown should do all right.

Mike Grier-His 1st game was one of the best performances I have seen all season.Him,Drury and Hecht seemed to be clicking and clicking big time.His goal just made the d-man and Kolzig look downright silly.He was throwing the body around and definitely impressed me.

All 3 of them played very very good games,but it was against Washington.I think this game will show us how good our newest Sabres are...

Closed Thread