HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Chris Drury quote

Old
02-25-2009, 07:14 AM
SML

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyZ View Post
The problem I have with everyone always calling Drury a "natural winner" is that that criteria doesn't get applied to everyone else. Drury has 1 Stanley Cup in which he was a support player on possibly one of the most stacked teams in the past 30 years. Scott Gomez has 2 Stanley Cups in a situation where he was also a support player. Why doesn't everyone call Scott Gomez a "natural winner?" When you think of Scott Gomez is "natural winner" the first thing that comes to mind? No, but somehow with Drury everyone is obssesed with that term.

Jaromir Jagr won 2 Stanley Cups in which he was a star player and he and Mario carried the team to 2 championships. How come we don't call Jagr a "natural winner?" Or Hasek? Or any of the other hundreds of players who have won ONE or more championships? Why does this only get applied to Drury?
The reason is the same thing that drives me f'ing crazy about Drury. That God damned little league world series championship. It's the reason why I hate when the Rangers are on national broadcasts, Emrick or Benninatti can't go one frikking period without mentioning it.

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 07:36 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Drury didn't shed any tears for Tom getting canned.Lets see what Dru does playing in a similar style he played in Colorado and Buffalo.I bet we see a better Dru under Torts.We better.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 07:38 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Jagr won 2 Cups in his first 2 seasons in the NHL.That was nearly 20 years ago.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 08:52 AM
Fletch

trademasterb...

I stated in another part of this thread what I expected him to say. This season's system was the same as last season's, for which there wasn't any complaints as the team went to the second round on the heels of guys other than Drury. Unfortuantely, the fact that the Rangers signed Drury to a $7MM per season contract is one of the reasons why they are short on talent (him included). My issue is with a captain, who's making $7MM per season and who has played better seasons than his two with the Rangers, saying he needs help playing better, especially when the consistent work ethic on the ice hasn't been there for some time, which includes from him.

Rangerboy - I'm frightened of the prospects of Drury playing more minutes. Someone needs to sen Torts video of Drury from December on, and then show him the box scores of Drury regularly getting 22-25 minutes; then they need to show him in his last couple seasons in Buffalo, getting 18 minutes of ice time and show how the kid kept going, and perhaps then he'd understand that Drury is not the horse he wants to ride. In fact, there are no horses for this team to ride, except for a couple defenseman, and especially Staal, who, along with Girardi, Mara and even Rozsival, can excel in this system. There's not one forward I want to see playing more than 18 minutes per night.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote