HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Minnesota and Toronto

Old
02-24-2009, 08:51 PM
chef223

vCash: 500
Minnesota and Toronto

Apparently Brian Burke is in Minnesota tonight, scouting a Kings and Wild game. Rumor has it it could pertain to Team USA, but he has a Toronto Maple Leaf scout attending with him. Brian has already made a trade with Minnesota this year, Earl for Hamilton and Minnesota does have some intriguing prospects Cuma, Pouliot and of course Gillies. Could the Wild be interested in Antropov, Poni or perhaps Stajan?

chef223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 08:55 PM
leaflover
New hope

vCash: 2183
Who's in goal for Minny tonight?

leaflover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 09:06 PM
The King 1

Three way deal?

The King 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 09:16 PM
BigT2002

nope

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 09:18 PM
The King 1

Damn! You sure.

The King 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 10:39 PM
chef223

Looking at the stats from the Minnesota players ,Niki Antropov would be their lead goal scorer and second in the team in points. With Owen Nolan out due to injury and Minnesota just barely hanging on to a playoff spot mabye Burke can pry one of Gillies, Sheppard or Pouliot from them.

chef223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 11:15 PM
tomgilbertfan
u wot m8

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef223 View Post
Looking at the stats from the Minnesota players ,Niki Antropov would be their lead goal scorer and second in the team in points. With Owen Nolan out due to injury and Minnesota just barely hanging on to a playoff spot mabye Burke can pry one of Gillies, Sheppard or Pouliot from them.
You could easily get Pouliot. Sheppard is young and starting to find his game so he would be hard to get, Gillies hasn't played much but he's starting to look better. If we did trade one of those players it'd probably be Gillies because we are extremely thin on centers and trading away Shep would destroy any shred of depth we have. Anyway this team isn't going anywhere this year so we'll probably keep the young players that we think will pan out.

tomgilbertfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 11:44 PM
Circulartheory
@danccchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2600 View Post
You could easily get Pouliot. Sheppard is young and starting to find his game so he would be hard to get, Gillies hasn't played much but he's starting to look better. If we did trade one of those players it'd probably be Gillies because we are extremely thin on centers and trading away Shep would destroy any shred of depth we have. Anyway this team isn't going anywhere this year so we'll probably keep the young players that we think will pan out.
I disagree. I think Gillies is one of the players that would 100% not get traded.

Pouliot would be the most tradeable asset we have. He hasn't done will in Minny but has shown some spark in the AHL and his skills are undeniable, its just putting them together is his problem.

Circulartheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 11:57 PM
BigT2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2600 View Post
You'd have a better shot at Belanger or Zidlicky before Sheppard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircularTheory View Post
I disagree. I think Gillies is one of the players that would 100% not get traded.

Pouliot would be the most tradeable asset we have. He hasn't done will in Minny but has shown some spark in the AHL and his skills are undeniable, its just putting them together is his problem.
speaks the truth

Old
02-25-2009, 12:08 AM
embracedbias

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT2002 View Post
You'd have a better shot at Belanger or Zidlicky before Sheppard.
Obviously, because they are less valuable. Minnesota is the buyer and the Leafs are the sellers, remember? I don't suspect that Burke would have much interest in the 31 year old Belanger or 32 year old Zidlicky for the rebuilding Leafs. Especially considering that Antropov is much better than both of them.

embracedbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 12:15 AM
IWD

What about Harding? What is Minnesota doing with their goaltending situation? Harding or Backstrom?

IWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 01:38 AM
BigT2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by embracedbias View Post
Obviously, because they are less valuable. Minnesota is the buyer and the Leafs are the sellers, remember? I don't suspect that Burke would have much interest in the 31 year old Belanger or 32 year old Zidlicky for the rebuilding Leafs. Especially considering that Antropov is much better than both of them.
And there isn't that much on the Leafs I would really consider being a great advantage to the Wild either. Maybe trading prospects/picks type things, but core players....I'm not sold on that especially with the moves so many other teams are trying to push as well. Antropov is better than either Zids or Belanger, but for the total trade package is...doubtful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icewind Dale View Post
What about Harding? What is Minnesota doing with their goaltending situation? Harding or Backstrom?
Still not sold on Josh being the #1 yet. Backstrom is playing Vezina hockey...its the team thats failing him on the offensive side of things. His 2.20 GAA, Save % of .933%and shutouts are proof enough for that. Harding is a great netminder, unfortunately he has been led to the slaughter by JL as to when he's played this season.

Old
02-25-2009, 09:20 AM
Clip68

What about something around Antropov and Poni for Harding and Pouliot? I think Minnesota would have to add something, but from my understanding they don't have a 2nd or 3rd this year, and I think the 1st is too much.

Some people say Pouliot is near-bust, but he might just need an opportunity mith minutes.

I think Burke needs to go after these kind of prospects, because the skill-set is there. They just may need playing time to shine. He may find a gem. It is high risk, but the trade value of Pouliot is low.

Personally, I like the idea of Jack Skille in a deal for Antro, but aquiring these kind of "underachievers" will come cheap.

Clip68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 10:16 AM
IWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT2002 View Post
Still not sold on Josh being the #1 yet. Backstrom is playing Vezina hockey...its the team thats failing him on the offensive side of things. His 2.20 GAA, Save % of .933%and shutouts are proof enough for that. Harding is a great netminder, unfortunately he has been led to the slaughter by JL as to when he's played this season.
That's what I've heard too. Maybe there's room for some sort of minor deal here that benefits both clubs. I'll be honest, I don't follow the Wild too much. What do they need?

IWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 10:19 AM
sgupca

Antropov for Sheppard

sgupca is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 10:20 AM
Sterling31
YNWA - TML

vCash: 50
add some toughness:

Boogaard - 2nd
for
Poni - Mayers

lol

Sterling31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 10:31 AM
Ten

I think it's especially interesting because Minnesota has a lot of players Burke would be interested in, namely Harding/Clutterbuck/Sheppard/Gillies/Cuma/Boogaard/etc...

Ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 10:33 AM
nickschultzfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgupca View Post
Antropov for Sheppard
Ha ha ha. You wish.

nickschultzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 10:48 AM
nickschultzfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten View Post
I think it's especially interesting because Minnesota has a lot of players Burke would be interested in, namely Harding/Clutterbuck/Sheppard/Gillies/Cuma/Boogaard/etc...
And you know what the weird thing is?

The Wild are also interested in those same players. Crazy isn't it.

Out of all those guys, Harding is the only one available. But frankly, there really isn't anybody in the entire Toronto system that I would really like to see on the Wild. Well, enough to give up those young guys.

Maybe Gaborik, Belanger, and Veilleux for Antropov and Poni. I am not too happy about giving up Belanger (or Gaborik for that matter), but Antropov and Poni would look good with Bouchard. I can see Toronto fans hating this or loving it depending on whether Gaborik re-signs.

With Burke, it would be sweet if he could swing Gaborik and both Sedins. Man, that would be a monster first line. Belanger would replace Moore (who I am guessing is getting traded). Veilleux is just a bottom-6 winger with great PK skills (but not much else).

nickschultzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 11:01 AM
sgupca

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
Ha ha ha. You wish.
I do wish, hence the handclap...lol

Old
02-25-2009, 11:03 AM
sgupca

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
And you know what the weird thing is?

The Wild are also interested in those same players. Crazy isn't it.

Out of all those guys, Harding is the only one available. But frankly, there really isn't anybody in the entire Toronto system that I would really like to see on the Wild. Well, enough to give up those young guys.

Maybe Gaborik, Belanger, and Veilleux for Antropov and Poni. I am not too happy about giving up Belanger (or Gaborik for that matter), but Antropov and Poni would look good with Bouchard. I can see Toronto fans hating this or loving it depending on whether Gaborik re-signs.

With Burke, it would be sweet if he could swing Gaborik and both Sedins. Man, that would be a monster first line. Belanger would replace Moore (who I am guessing is getting traded). Veilleux is just a bottom-6 winger with great PK skills (but not much else).
I'd do that if we could come to an agreement with Gabby before the deal was made.
Maybe something like 49mil over 7 years.

Old
02-25-2009, 12:21 PM
Ace88*

While his talents are undeniable, im not sold on Pouliot. I dont doubt that Wilson could whip him into shape, but i wouldn't trade Antropov unless it included a 1st pick 09.

Ace88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 03:46 PM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten View Post

not that he'd be traded anytime soon, but Cal Clutterbuck is exactly the type of grinder Brian Burke gets a ***** over.

firstroundbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 03:48 PM
Ace88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceUNO View Post
not that he'd be traded anytime soon, but Cal Clutterbuck is exactly the type of grinder Brian Burke gets a ***** over.
Antropov + Poni for Clutterbuck and a 1st sounds good to me.

Ace88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 03:53 PM
Circulartheory
@danccchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace88 View Post
Antropov + Poni for Clutterbuck and a 1st sounds good to me.
No to our 1st. The Wild NEED the 1st...

Our cupboard is totally dry. We have no offensive forwards and with just Cuma and Scandella on our blueline (both expected to be a 3-4 Dmen) and no goalies, we're need this 09 draft BAD!

Circulartheory is offline   Reply With Quote