HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

THE Trade Deadline Game (Game Over, Spectator Opinions Welcome)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-28-2009, 12:09 PM
  #576
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere
 
BackGroundMusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,509
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
Completed Trades:
Jason Smith for a 4th in 09
Jaroslav Spacek to San Jose for Douglas Murray and Johnathan Chechoo
Pominville to Toronto for Stajan and Ponikarovski
MacArthur, Hecht, Afinogenov to Colorado for 2 3rds in 10, a 5th in 10 and 7th in 09
I like the first two. The other two I would be really pissed about in real life.

BackGroundMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 12:10 PM
  #577
CASUAL KEV
Jack Adams™
 
CASUAL KEV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Sk, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustInJarmo View Post
Per my example of d-men that busted in the top 10, I was leaving 05-08 out to give the benefit of the doubt that even young blue chip players need time to develop.

I have seen Cory play in person many times...and I have not seen another goalie prospect more ready for the NHL.
Exactly my point. Don't anoint him the next Brewer if he hasn't developed yet

CASUAL KEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 12:12 PM
  #578
Richter35
Registered User
 
Richter35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,358
vCash: 500
rangers gm im sorry but im not pleased with your moves.

you traded away our best young players and prospects (dubi, cally, anisimov, sanguinetti, sauer), waive one of the best defensive centerman in the league (betts), and trade a heart and soul defenseman (mara) for what? to save some cap space in a couple of years? this kills the team for the present, and if your saying we'll sign kovalchuk or something, its not a good idea to put all your eggs in one basket.

I fail to see how the prospects returned are any better than the one you sent out, and how any of these moves would help out the team in the short term. Please fill me in as to your reasoning.

Richter35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 12:13 PM
  #579
TrustInJarmo*
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,828
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuKer View Post
Exactly my point. Don't anoint him the next Brewer if he hasn't developed yet
I'm not anointing Pie the next Brewer.

Just look at the facts...Look at the 30 D-men picked in the top 10 from 1995 to 2004...how many developed into "Stud" franchise d-men??

Answer me that...

I'm not saying Pie is going to suck.

TrustInJarmo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 12:14 PM
  #580
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh
 
Burlington Bomb 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Green Mountain State
Country: United States
Posts: 16,615
vCash: 500
As an outsider, the Rangers GM should've been kicked out with such unrealistic moves. AA and Gomez for Nylander and Kozlov, or Bobby Sanguinetti for Ossi, or waiving Betts, and Orr, and trading Callahan for Lombardi. The Toronto trade was the worst. Absolutely terrible moves.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 12:14 PM
  #581
hyperboy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Edmonton,AB,CA
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,019
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to hyperboy
man i screwed over by the sabres i had a deal for afinogenov in place and they didn't confirm it so he ended up going to the avs

for those questioning my newly aquired prospects i've either watched them at he world jrs or at the top prospects game or have looked them up before and believe they will be quiet good

the only the i regret not being able to do was bring in another top player but for all the guys i inquired about the asking price was too steep

hyperboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 12:18 PM
  #582
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh
 
Burlington Bomb 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Green Mountain State
Country: United States
Posts: 16,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperboy View Post
man i screwed over by the sabres i had a deal for afinogenov in place and they didn't confirm it so he ended up going to the avs

for those questioning my newly aquired prospects i've either watched them at he world jrs or at the top prospects game or have looked them up before and believe they will be quiet good

the only the i regret not being able to do was bring in another top player but for all the guys i inquired about the asking price was too steep
Your moves were absolutely atrocious. Moving your top 2 prospects for junk, and moving your top young players for even worse junk, was stupid, and irresponsible.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 12:20 PM
  #583
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere
 
BackGroundMusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,509
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperboy View Post
man i screwed over by the sabres i had a deal for afinogenov in place and they didn't confirm it so he ended up going to the avs
What was the deal in place?

BackGroundMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 12:21 PM
  #584
Richter35
Registered User
 
Richter35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,358
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
Your moves were absolutely atrocious. Moving your top 2 prospects for junk, and moving your top young players for even worse junk, was stupid, and irresponsible.
I tried to be nicer about it, but yeah what he said

Richter35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 12:26 PM
  #585
hyperboy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Edmonton,AB,CA
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,019
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to hyperboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richter35 View Post
rangers gm im sorry but im not pleased with your moves.

you traded away our best young players and prospects (dubi, cally, anisimov, sanguinetti, sauer), waive one of the best defensive centerman in the league (betts), and trade a heart and soul defenseman (mara) for what? to save some cap space in a couple of years? this kills the team for the present, and if your saying we'll sign kovalchuk or something, its not a good idea to put all your eggs in one basket.

I fail to see how the prospects returned are any better than the one you sent out, and how any of these moves would help out the team in the short term. Please fill me in as to your reasoning.
i tried bring in kovalchuk, staal was required for negotiations to even start, then tried hejduk, top 3 origninal rangers prospects were required tried to lower the preice and he wouldn't budge. I had a deal for afinogenov in place but he sabres gm didn't confirm. i had a hard time getting over giving up del zotto put i got subban who is more NHL ready back so it's woth it. i had tried to move guys like redden for depth and picks and such but no return was possible. Dubinsky i almost had a deal inplace for at the start for ennis but the sabres gm backed out of that. i agree with you in banking on free agency is the best thing to do but i personally don't think many teams in the east besides maybe philly and washington improved themslves that much espically not people above us in the standings, true teams like carolina did a good job by reshuffling the deck and may prove to be dangerous but i feel i can make it to the playoffs and hopefully to at least the 2nd round

hyperboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 12:27 PM
  #586
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd
 
struckbyaparkedcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Upstate NY
Country: Cote DIvoire
Posts: 10,480
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BikeGiftingMan View Post
I like the first two. The other two I would be really pissed about in real life.
I wasn't happy with the Pominville deal either, to be honest. I do like Stajan though and I think he'd be a solid long term center option for Vanek.

Additionally, I dumped salary for free agency while keeping the team competitive, which definitely was a priority.

The last one happened ENTIRELY because of being over the roster limit and because a lot of guys having their value artificially diminished because of the bigger names in play that usually wouldn't be.

struckbyaparkedcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 12:29 PM
  #587
Richter35
Registered User
 
Richter35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,358
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperboy View Post
i tried bring in kovalchuk, staal was required for negotiations to even start, then tried hejduk, top 3 origninal rangers prospects were required tried to lower the preice and he wouldn't budge. I had a deal for afinogenov in place but he sabres gm didn't confirm. i had a hard time getting over giving up del zotto put i got subban who is more NHL ready back so it's woth it. i had tried to move guys like redden for depth and picks and such but no return was possible. Dubinsky i almost had a deal inplace for at the start for ennis but the sabres gm backed out of that. i agree with you in banking on free agency is the best thing to do but i personally don't think many teams in the east besides maybe philly and washington improved themslves that much espically not people above us in the standings, true teams like carolina did a good job by reshuffling the deck and may prove to be dangerous but i feel i can make it to the playoffs and hopefully to at least the 2nd round
can you post the full lineup with the changes you have made?

Richter35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 12:31 PM
  #588
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere
 
BackGroundMusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,509
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
I wasn't happy with the Pominville deal either, to be honest. I do like Stajan though and I think he'd be a solid long term center option for Vanek.

Additionally, I dumped salary for free agency while keeping the team competitive, which definitely was a priority.

The last one happened ENTIRELY because of being over the roster limit and because a lot of guys having their value artificially diminished because of the bigger names in play that usually wouldn't be.
I definitely understand the thinking, and it makes sense that their value was artificially lower, but I still wouldn't be pleased with either deal. Even Clarke for a 3rd and 7th I was iffy on, but Clarke is one of my favorite prospects, so clearly I have a bias here.

It's not so much Stajan and Poni that I mind as much as Pominville being on the Leafs for the next 5 years.

BackGroundMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 12:35 PM
  #589
Stubbs88
Registered User
 
Stubbs88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,138
vCash: 500
so the habs got rid of Halak, and Chipchura...and got Tj HENSICK?

Stubbs88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 12:39 PM
  #590
hyperboy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Edmonton,AB,CA
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,019
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to hyperboy
New York RangersShow Cap Hits
Show Player Salaries
Forwards Pos 2008-09 total=27.736
Nylander C 4,875,000
Chris Drury C 7,050,000
Markus Naslund LW 4,000,000
Nikolai Zherdev RW 2,500,000
Petr Prucha LW 1,600,000
Lauri Korpikoski LW 984,200
Fredrik Sjostrom RW 840,000
Nigel Dawes LW 587,500
Viktor Kozlov C 2,500,000
Matthew Lombardi C 1,800,000
Glen Metropolit C 1,000,000


Naslund - Drury - Zherdev
Dawes - Nylander - Sjostrom
Korpikoski - Lombardi - Kozlov
Bouchard - Metropolit - Prucha


Defense Pos 2008-09 total=15.677 mil
Wade Redden D 6,500,000
Michal Rozsival D 5,000,000
Nicklas Grossman D 975,000
Lasse Kukkonen D 875,000
Marc Staal D 826,667
Erik Reitz D 500,000
Ossi Vaananen D 1,000,000

Staal - Rozsival
Redden - Grossman
Kukkonen - Vannanen

Goalies Pos 2008-09 total=7.6
Henrik Lundqvist G 6,875,000
Stephen Valiquette G 725,000

Lundqvist
Valiquette

Salary Cap Payroll 51,012,000
Cap Penalty 700,000
Cap Space 4,988,000

Top Prospects:
Francois Bouchard, RW
PK Subban, D
John Erksine, D
Evgeny Grachev, C
Chris DiDemenco, W
Brad Marchand, C
Logan MacMillan, F
Carl Hagelin, LW
Derek Stepan, C
Miika Wiikman, G

hyperboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 12:42 PM
  #591
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd
 
struckbyaparkedcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Upstate NY
Country: Cote DIvoire
Posts: 10,480
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BikeGiftingMan View Post
I definitely understand the thinking, and it makes sense that their value was artificially lower, but I still wouldn't be pleased with either deal. Even Clarke for a 3rd and 7th I was iffy on, but Clarke is one of my favorite prospects, so clearly I have a bias here.

It's not so much Stajan and Poni that I mind as much as Pominville being on the Leafs for the next 5 years.
I understand. I was also something like 4 players over the roster limit with waiving Peters and was getting very little interest in anyone who I was open to move who wasn't Connolly (and the return was definitely not what I wanted for Timmah). I didn't really care about Jason going to the Leafs, until he got Dubinsky.

My picks for best GMing goes to the Flyers and Leafs.
I think my best trade was the Spacek deal.

struckbyaparkedcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 12:42 PM
  #592
Makaveli
Registered User
 
Makaveli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: India
Posts: 2,173
vCash: 500
Seems like fans of other teams aren't happy with trades I was involved in. I guess it's a good thing.

And yeah, I vote Philly for top GM.

Makaveli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 12:46 PM
  #593
Shaun_W_W
Registered User
 
Shaun_W_W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,476
vCash: 500
danishh I know you have done a lot but is there any way you could make it so the "plan" link of each team on the first page could go to their new one after all their trades. Thanks for everything though you did a great job.

Shaun_W_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 12:47 PM
  #594
CASUAL KEV
Jack Adams™
 
CASUAL KEV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Sk, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuKer View Post
Vancouver Canucks trades: I was a buyer at the deadline and taded for some top 6 forwards that make a really deep forward group

Jannik Hansen + 2nd rounder '09 for Keith Tkachuk

Taylor Pyatt + 1st '10 for Mike Cammalleri

Corey Shneider + 2nd '10 for Alex Pietrangelo

Lines

D.Sedin - H.Sedin - Tkachuk
Demitra - Sundin - Cammalleri
Burrows - Kesler - Bernier
Hordichuk - Johnson - Raymond

Ohlund - Edler
Mitchel - Salo
O'Brien - Bieksa

Luongo
Labarbera

Top Prospects
Cody Hodgson
Alex Pietrangelo
Mikael Grabner
Mason Raymond
Lawrence Nycolat

Pretty good depth going into the playoffs
Any comments on my deals?


Last edited by CASUAL KEV: 02-28-2009 at 12:56 PM.
CASUAL KEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 12:48 PM
  #595
Makaveli
Registered User
 
Makaveli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: India
Posts: 2,173
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuKer View Post
Any comments on my deals?
I think the Tkachuk deal will be really good for the playoffs.

Makaveli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 12:49 PM
  #596
Shaun_W_W
Registered User
 
Shaun_W_W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,476
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuKer View Post
Any comments on my deals?
Your one was a steal. The other two I think both teams got fair value.

Shaun_W_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 12:50 PM
  #597
Kessick
Registered User
 
Kessick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Hockey Universe, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,163
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovechkin187 View Post
Toronto's completed trades:

Kaberle for Hamill,Marchand,McQuaid,Ward, 1st in 2010

Marchand and Dido for Dubinsky,Sauer,Washington's 2nd

Moore for Billy Sweatt

Poni and Stajan for Pominville

New Lineup:

Antro-Dubinsky-Pominville
Kulemin-Grabovski-Hagman
Jason Blake-Devereaux-Stempniak
May-Mitchell-Mayers
(Tlusty,Williams)

Schenn-Kubina
Ward-White
Finger-Frogren
(Stralman,Sifers)
Van Ryn(injured)

Toskala
Joseph
(Pogge)
Excellent work, Toronto GM!

It's been fun watching this as an observer. Thanks to the Commish and everyone involved.

Kessick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 12:51 PM
  #598
Makaveli
Registered User
 
Makaveli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: India
Posts: 2,173
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccliquer View Post
Excellent work, Toronto GM!

It's been fun watching this as an observer. Thanks to the Commish and everyone involved.
Thanks.

Makaveli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 12:53 PM
  #599
Andre Benoit Bawls
What, Me Worry?
 
Andre Benoit Bawls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 13,170
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovechkin187 View Post
Seems like fans of other teams aren't happy with trades I was involved in. I guess it's a good thing.

And yeah, I vote Philly for top GM.
What are his trades so far?
I'm disappointed with the inactivity of the Sens so far, is this playing with the real deadline, or has it passed?

Andre Benoit Bawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 12:54 PM
  #600
cody275
HFBoards Sponsor
 
cody275's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,214
vCash: 500
deadline was today at noon EST

cody275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:57 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.