HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Philadelphia-LA (offseason)

Old
02-25-2009, 09:44 PM
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to flyguy
Philadelphia-LA (offseason)

To Phil:

Simmonds, 2nd

To LA:

Lupul

The Flyers need to clear cap space at some point, whether it's before the deadline or in the offseason. I like Simmonds's game. He would look nice on our third line.

I believe Lupul has a house somewhere around LA from his days in Anaheim. Kings fans, let me know what you think.

flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 09:47 PM
Scottkmlps

No thank you.

Scottkmlps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 09:49 PM
northernKing

I can't see LA trading a very young Cap friendly 3rd liner for Lupul who has a $4M Cap hit next season. Also LA has a hard enough time keeping Frolov and O'Sullivan motivated and Lupul doesn't fit the bill for what LA really needs. LA needs a sniper for the top line ala Gaborik and the Cap hit for Lupul would eat up too much Cap room.

northernKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 09:50 PM
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottkmlps View Post
No thank you.
Elaborate?

Simmonds isn't lighting it up, he seems to be a utility player (tell me if I'm wrong). Lupul can score. He'd be an upgrade for the Kings' top 6. I know he'll be pricey after this year, but the Kings have the room. If the pick is killing you, then take it away or downgrade it.

Old
02-25-2009, 09:50 PM
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by nK View Post
I can't see LA trading a very young Cap friendly 3rd liner for Lupul who has a $4M Cap hit next season. Also LA has a hard enough time keeping Frolov and O'Sullivan motivated and Lupul doesn't fit the bill for what LA really needs. LA needs a sniper for the top line ala Gaborik and the Cap hit for Lupul would eat up too much Cap room.
Okay, that's a fair point.

Old
02-25-2009, 09:57 PM
Kingjordan

i would love Lupul but not at 4 million.....and 2nd and simmonds would be too much

Kingjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 10:10 PM
Kalamity

I'd do that deal ina heartbeat, im a flyers fan tho. I don't like Lupul, Simmonds is cool.

Don't see very many african american hockey players.

Kalamity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 10:11 PM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy View Post
Elaborate?

Simmonds isn't lighting it up, he seems to be a utility player (tell me if I'm wrong). Lupul can score. He'd be an upgrade for the Kings' top 6. I know he'll be pricey after this year, but the Kings have the room. If the pick is killing you, then take it away or downgrade it.
Simmonds is a 20 year old rookie. Not too many of them do light it up. He's kills penalties, hits, isn't afraid to drop the gloves. It's those type of players that you need to win championships.
He's an important part of the Kings rebuild.

Old
02-25-2009, 10:39 PM
greengiant91

No thanks we know how inconsistent lupul is we will keep Simmonds and his 110% effort every night and his great board work also he doesn't mind dropping the gloves, why does everyone want to give us their crap for one our great young talents its like we don't know what we have or what we're getting in return

greengiant91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 10:41 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Simmonds >> Lupul. Give it a few years.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 10:49 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Elaborate?

He's 19 years old dude with a ton of potential. You wanna dish over Giroux or Riemer for him, fine. But we aren't trading away potential for has beens.

Legionnaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 10:57 PM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire View Post
He's 19 years old dude with a ton of potential. You wanna dish over Giroux or Riemer for him, fine. But we aren't trading away potential for has beens.
I don't think a 25-year-old can be called a "has-been," but I would hang on to Simmonds, too.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 10:59 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Simmonds is a more potent offensive player almost with every game. He is developing puck skills with a good defensive presence and what will be a great power game.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 11:02 PM
LAX attack*

Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
Anyone who has watched Simmonds <3's Simmonds

LAX attack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 11:26 PM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Originally Posted by greengiant91 View Post
No thanks we know how inconsistent lupul is we will keep Simmonds and his 110% effort every night and his great board work also he doesn't mind dropping the gloves, why does everyone want to give us their crap for one our great young talents its like we don't know what we have or what we're getting in return
I wouldn't call Lupol crap, but he's not worth Simmonds.
It's because people still think it's the old regime (all of them) still controlling the Kings.

Old
02-25-2009, 11:49 PM
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottkmlps View Post
I wouldn't call Lupol crap, but he's not worth Simmonds.
It's because people still think it's the old regime (all of them) still controlling the Kings.
I know who the regime is in LA. You might want to recall where that regime came from and that is mainly why your team has Denis Gauthier. Lupul isn't crap. Put him with a playmaker and see what he can do. He's playing on a line with another goal scorer right now, and that is why his goals are down. Just look what he did last year playing mostly with Richards and Umberger. I'd love to keep him on the Flyers, but they would be in cap hell if they did.

Maybe I went too far with the second, but that's only because I was thinking of Simmonds as a utility type player. If he's worth more than Lupul to you, then okay, but people saying he's on par with Giroux or JVR as a prospect is a little absurd.

Old
02-26-2009, 12:18 AM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
I know who the regime is in LA. You might want to recall where that regime came from and that is mainly why your team has Denis Gauthier. Lupul isn't crap. Put him with a playmaker and see what he can do. He's playing on a line with another goal scorer right now, and that is why his goals are down. Just look what he did last year playing mostly with Richards and Umberger. I'd love to keep him on the Flyers, but they would be in cap hell if they did.

Maybe I went too far with the second, but that's only because I was thinking of Simmonds as a utility type player. If he's worth more than Lupul to you, then okay, but people saying he's on par with Giroux or JVR as a prospect is a little absurd.
The regime part was a joke.

Old
02-26-2009, 12:32 AM
Zal

Quote:
To Phil:

Simmonds, 2nd

To LA:

Lupul

The Flyers need to clear cap space at some point, whether it's before the deadline or in the offseason. I like Simmonds's game. He would look nice on our third line.

I believe Lupul has a house somewhere around LA from his days in Anaheim. Kings fans, let me know what you think.
Simmonds will be a 20ish goal scorer, perhaps more. You can see it in the goals he's scored thus far. He has a pretty insane work ethic. To be honest, he'd probably fit on yours and our 2nd line within the next year or two.

Others have mentioned Gaborik here. I'd take Lupul well before I take a guy that spends most of his time recovering.

Zal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 12:37 AM
Ace88*

definitely no. the ONLY way i would do this as the kings is if another team was involved where we could send lupul to. lupul would fit well with our core of forwards but he won't be needed after 2011 or so and his contract isn't workable with our cap future.

Ace88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 12:40 AM
GabrielaV2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalamity View Post
I'd do that deal ina heartbeat, im a flyers fan tho. I don't like Lupul, Simmonds is cool.

Don't see very many african american hockey players.
Simmonds is Canadian.

GabrielaV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 12:40 AM
dutchcrunch14

lupul has a no trade clause and i know he can make a list of six teams on july 1 or wtv that he can be traded to but why would he want to go to LA? I know he has a house in Anaheim but then why wouldnt he pick Anaheim, they have a team too... a superior team in fact who generally are playoff contenders and Burke who traded him to edm isn't there anymore. Also Philly is better than both... doing pretty dandy 4th in the east... id rather play with jeff carter than anze Kopitar anyday

Last edited by dutchcrunch14: 02-26-2009 at 12:44 AM. Reason: adding stuff
dutchcrunch14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 01:01 AM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchcrunch14 View Post
lupul has a no trade clause and i know he can make a list of six teams on july 1 or wtv that he can be traded to but why would he want to go to LA? I know he has a house in Anaheim but then why wouldnt he pick Anaheim, they have a team too... a superior team in fact who generally are playoff contenders and Burke who traded him to edm isn't there anymore. Also Philly is better than both... doing pretty dandy 4th in the east... id rather play with jeff carter than anze Kopitar anyday
Superior? Yes, the last few seasons, but they're not superior anymore.

Old
02-26-2009, 01:53 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchcrunch14 View Post
i thought he could make a list of 6 teams that he would refuse to go to?

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 02:34 AM
Sniper7

Send a message via Yahoo to Sniper7
No...at the start of the season on most teams Simmonds would have been sent down but him & Moller beat out others who had jobs to lose. The Kings know what they have in Simmonds, at his age he's a head of Dustin Brown in development respectively. Just wait until he fills out his body. Here's a kid at 19 who stays on the ice after practice to work on his shot because he know he has to improve it at the NHL level. Lupul can't hold a candle to Simmonds work ethic & character.

Sniper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 02:35 AM
Mike Richards 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEIFey View Post
i thought he could make a list of 6 teams that he would refuse to go to?
NTC doesnt kick into effect until July 1st

Mike Richards 18 is offline   Reply With Quote