HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Do we miss lats ?

Old
02-25-2009, 11:26 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12jf54 View Post
I heard the poutine shop next to the Bell Center misses him a lot
The McDonalds on N-D is going bankrupt.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 11:27 AM
Kimota
Three Bananas

I don't know but Lappy sure miss him though. He doesn't seem to be the same player since Lats was injured.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 11:28 AM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Yes we do, we need some of that size up front and Latendresse was starting to use his body more to his advantage before getting injured.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 11:31 AM
JohnnyReb

Is Latendresse a better forward than;

Chipchura/Stewart/Laraque/Begin/Henry/Dandenault/Gorges?

I say yes, to all of the above, so therefore yes, we do miss Latendresse.

JohnnyReb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 11:32 AM
MathMan

People keep howling about how the Habs need a physical guy who can put the puck in the 'net. That's Lats. He may not be a 30-goal guy (yet), but he brings things that his teammates don't have and does so in relatively limited icetime.

He's useful, and he'll become more useful in the future. Already, he's arguably a better scorer than Chris Higgins.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 11:56 AM
Puckhead58*

No...we don't miss him at all!! What did he bring to the team that we aren't getting from Patches, Dags or the 4th line???

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 11:57 AM
12jf54

vCash: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
People keep howling about how the Habs need a physical guy who can put the puck in the 'net. That's Lats. He may not be a 30-goal guy (yet), but he brings things that his teammates don't have and does so in relatively limited icetime.

He's useful, and he'll become more useful in the future. Already, he's arguably a better scorer than Chris Higgins.
Pacioretty rings a bell ???

12jf54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 12:04 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12jf54 View Post
Pacioretty rings a bell ???
Sure, but the howling doesn't seem satisfied with just him.

Plus Lats is still a better scorer than MaxPac. Sacrilege to say it around here, but MaxPac's excursion with the Habs is not without parallel to Lats' rookie year in some ways.

Old
02-25-2009, 12:05 PM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:

That is a tough argument.

beowulf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 12:18 PM
Fire Brunet*

LOL We're 6-0-1 without Frank Bouillon in the lineup ahaha

Fire Brunet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 12:20 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:

ARGUABLY is the keyword here. Because, arguably, not many people will agree with you.

Old
02-25-2009, 12:21 PM
Dripper

vCash: 205
Quote:

I've yet to see the goal scorer in Lats. He was playing great before his injury, and he was not a bad player all year long, but IMO he's not even close from being a 30 goal guy. Some will say that this is because he hasn't played regularly on the first two lines, but that's just because he hasn't overplayed the other wingers. Higgins may not be playing his best hockey but he's got enough speed to create things and he does put it in the net, inconsistently, but still, I just can't agree with your last statement.

Is Lats a better player than Dandenault, Stewart, Chipchura? Yes
Does that make him more important to the team's success? I'm not convinced.

Lats is not a great defensive player, cannot play the PK and since we're loaded with players who can play on the PP, he's very expandable to me. The most positive thing he brings to the team is size but he's yet to use it consistently, although he was doing well back in december.

Dripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 12:45 PM
Malakhov

Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
Latendresse - Lapierre - Kostopoulos was a pretty good line, often our best line, in the last few weeks before Lats got hurt.

So yes, we miss him, and Lapierre miss him.

We don't have that much depth that people pretend we do. Sorry but when you have Dandeneault playing as a forward...

Malakhov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 12:50 PM
Iwishihadacup

Gui paired with Lapierre again will help us, we still need to stick three w in a line guys

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 12:54 PM
Habs Icing
Formerly Onice

Not one bit.

Why not phrase the question differently? when Tanguay returns, who will you sit to make room for lumbering Lats: PaxMac, D'Ago, Stewart? Stewart has shown more balls in the few games he's played than Lats will in a year. He can't keep up with Pax or D"Ago and their physical game is on par to Lats.

Chip doesn't count cause lats can't play centre.

Habs Icing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 12:59 PM
Markovskaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
Not one bit.

Why not phrase the question differently? when Tanguay returns, who will you sit to make room for lumbering Lats: PaxMac, D'Ago, Stewart? Stewart has shown more balls in the few games he's played than Lats will in a year. He can't keep up with Pax or D"Ago and their physical game is on par to Lats.

Disagree here. Lats could take the spot of Dagger. He needs to go back to hamilton for a time imo.

Markovskaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
ARGUABLY is the keyword here. Because, arguably, not many people will agree with you.
Oh, I know people will argue, which is why I put "arguably". The reality, however, is that Lats has scored more goals per 60 minutes of even-strength icetime for 2 years running, and that with worse linemates.

Power play is a different matter, all-around game is a different matter, but in terms of pure even-strength goal-scoring, Lats is winning out. And he's ahead of Higgins on PP goal-scoring this year, too.

Not that I think Higgins is some sort of super-scorer, mind.

Old
habdynasty

Quote:
Not one bit.

yes it will be hard for Lats to get back in the lineup, the young guys are playing well

habdynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 01:05 PM
MathMan

Quote:
He can't keep up with Pax or D"Ago and their physical game is on par to Lats.
Please be realistic, however hard this may be for you when talking about Lats. He is still a better player than either, and he lays almost twice as many hits per game than MaxPac and pretty much three times what D'Ago does so their physical game is not on the same level (especially d'Agostini's). I don't see MaxPac getting bumped, but d'Agostini, certainly.

Stewart's case is even more ridiculous. He's lovable, but he's a fourth-line agitator. He'd be sent down in a heartbeat to make way for Latendresse.

People fixate on Lats' skating speed way too much, to the point of being blinded about his effectiveness. And he's not even that slow either.

Old
02-25-2009, 01:11 PM
Habs Icing
Formerly Onice

Quote:
Please be realistic, however hard this may be for you when talking about Lats. He is still a better player than either, and he lays almost twice as many hits per game than MaxPac and pretty much three times what D'Ago does so their physical game is not on the same level (especially d'Agostini's). I don't see MaxPac getting bumped, but d'Agostini, certainly.

Stewart's case is even more ridiculous. He's lovable, but he's a fourth-line agitator. He'd be sent down in a heartbeat to make way for Latendresse.

People fixate on Lats' skating speed way too much, to the point of being blinded about his effectiveness. And he's not even that slow either.
Hey, Skippy,

Read my post! I said after Tanguay's return. Chances are Stewart will sit but there's no way you put Lats back in and remove either D'Ago or Patches. Physical game is more than just laying out hits.

But knowing that Lats has a horse shoe up his arse, another forward will probably get hurt and Lats will get in.

I really don't want him in the line up. He was playing okay before getting hurt but okay is for the bottom feeding teams.

Last edited by Habs Icing: 02-25-2009 at 01:16 PM.
Habs Icing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 01:15 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Oh, I know people will argue, which is why I put "arguably". The reality, however, is that Lats has scored more goals per 60 minutes of even-strength icetime for 2 years running, and that with worse linemates.

Power play is a different matter, all-around game is a different matter, but in terms of pure even-strength goal-scoring, Lats is winning out. And he's ahead of Higgins on PP goal-scoring this year, too.

Not that I think Higgins is some sort of super-scorer, mind.
You are comparing them when Lats is having a better season than last year and when Higgins is having an off-year. Compare Lats to Higgins previous three seasons, and he's no match. Even-strenght scoring doesn't mean he's a better scorer. What you also tend to forget is that Higgins, playing on better lines, also has to go through better defenders, something Lats doesn't have to go through. The argument of ES goal scoring per 60 minutes doesn't include against whom the players play, which is a huge factor. Higgins scored consistently in the last three seasons, playing against the top lines, Lats, playing against weaker lines, is far from having reached the same consistency.

Old
02-25-2009, 01:16 PM
le_sean

vCash: 612
I'd love to try Gui with Tanguay and Koivu again.

He's a good kid, some people are just delusional if they thought he would come in and start scoring 30 goals a season. He hits and when he does it hurts. Before the injury he was also driving right to the net. I can't wait for him to come back.

le_sean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 01:20 PM
Fire Brunet*

A big body up front is always welcome.

Fire Brunet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 01:24 PM
Jakomyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Komisarek View Post
LOL We're 6-0-1 without Frank Bouillon in the lineup ahaha
That's what stuck out to me too!

Jakomyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 01:27 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Read my post! I said after Tanguay's return. Chances are Stewart will sit but there's no way you put Lats back in and remove either D'Ago or Patches.
D'Ago will be sent down to make room for Lats. And if he wasn't up, then I think Dandy would sit. And it wasn't Dandy, I think that yes, they'd play Lats ahead of MaxPac.

Quote:
Physical game is more than just laying out hits.
Lats is a better hitter than MaxPac still, let alone d'Agostini. Poor guy can't catch a break though, fans are completely blinded to everything he does well. He's the target of much irrational and unjustified hate for no rational reason I can see.