HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Flames - Leafs

Old
02-25-2009, 12:29 PM
Deal Sealer

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Deal Sealer
Flames - Leafs

Calgary is looking for a puckmoving defenseman/2nd line centre.
They have 5 uuntouchables according to Jermaine Franklin on TSN, who got this from the Calgary front office.
Not looking for Rental players. (key)

Tomas Kaberle

for

Matthew Lombardi + Backlund/Nemisz + 2009 1st Round Pick

I think Burke gets his value, in a youung roster player, young top prospect, and first round pick. The only thing is Kaberle is said to only have waived his NTC to go to an Eastern Team. I would like to see what others think of this in terms of value though. Please read before making stupid Kaberle won't go out west comments because I've indicated I'm aware of that.

Deal Sealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 12:31 PM
Biggzy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAFutureNHLGM View Post
They have 5 uuntouchables according to Jermaine Franklin on TSN, who got this from the Calgary front office.

Tomas Kaberle

for

I think Burke gets his value, in a youung roster player, young top prospect, and first round pick. The only thing is Kaberle is said to only have waived his NTC to go to an Eastern Team. I would like to see what others think of this in terms of value though. Please read before making stupid Kaberle won't go out west comments because I've indicated I'm aware of that.
Good luck with that.

Biggzy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 12:32 PM
Pitt21

Quote:

Tomas Kaberle

for

It looks good from a Leaf perspective, but I don't see Cal trading Backlund. IMO

Pitt21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 12:32 PM
Cappo40*

TOR won't get Backlund (According to Flames fans on HF), so it will likely be Nemisz if it happens..

I think its close..

Cappo40* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 12:33 PM
DownInFlames

Quote:

Tomas Kaberle

for

Not a snowballs chance in hell. Kaberle is good but he isn't worth that package. That is a signed Jay Bo package.

Backlund will not be traded at all. I can't see Neimsz going anywhere either. You are looking at a Lombo, Aulie and 1st package and its still a maybe.

DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 12:35 PM
Ace88*

Meh im not really interested in anything Calgary has to offer there are much better options available. I dont think many other Leaf supporters are interested in Calgary's players, either.

Ace88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 12:36 PM
andy*

Quote:

Tomas Kaberle

for

I would rather see Calgary go after Jay Bo, they will have to add more but it may just be worth it. Tomas Kaberle is overrated, if he played for any other team, his value would not be this high.

andy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 12:38 PM
DougGilmour93

I believe Sutter stated he wanted to keep his roster in tact so I assume only propsects and picks are available. (but can he do that? do they have the cap space?)

I propose...

1st in 09
Backlund
Giordano (injured, not on roster)

for

Kaberle

than...

1st in 2010

for

Antropov

so....

Antropov, Kaberle

for

Backlund, Giordano, 1st in 09, 1st in 2010

DougGilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 12:38 PM
Deal Sealer

Send a message via MSN to Deal Sealer
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesOwnYou View Post
Not a snowballs chance in hell. Kaberle is good but he isn't worth that package. That is a signed Jay Bo package.

Backlund will not be traded at all. I can't see Neimsz going anywhere either. You are looking at a Lombo, Aulie and 1st package and its still a maybe.
Not a chance for a signed Jay Bo. Your looking at a top pairing defensman in Jay for minimally 2 proven nhl prospects (with top 4 d potential or top 6 forward potential) and 2 first round picks. You want to know why. Because Jay is 25 and already a top pairing defenseman. The value im my original post is the value for rental Jaybo and a signed Kaberle IMO

Deal Sealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 12:40 PM
Pure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace88 View Post
Meh im not really interested in anything Calgary has to offer there are much better options available. I dont think many other Leaf supporters are interested in Calgary's players, either.
Good for you, I think the flames are pretty happy with their level of play right now.

Pure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 12:41 PM
andy*

Quote:
Not a chance for a signed Jay Bo. Your looking at a top pairing defensman in Jay for minimally 2 proven nhl prospects (with top 4 d potential or top 6 forward potential) and 2 first round picks. You want to know why. Because Jay is 25 and already a top pairing defenseman. The value im my original post is the value for rental Jaybo and a signed Kaberle IMO

That is why Sutter won't go for any of those players.

andy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 12:42 PM
Ace88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure View Post
Good for you, I think the flames are pretty happy with their level of play right now.
not saying there's a problem at the Saddle but the type of players you guys have aren't the type of players we're looking for, Calgary and Toronto just aren't good trade partners.

Ace88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 12:45 PM
Pure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace88 View Post
not saying there's a problem at the Saddle but the type of players you guys have aren't the type of players we're looking for, Calgary and Toronto just aren't good trade partners.
I'm not a flames fan (good god, I live in edmonton lol), but I know Sutter isn't going to make those type of trades. They'll probably try to get a rental player and keep their roster as it is.

Pure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 12:48 PM
embracedbias

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
I would rather see Calgary go after Jay Bo, they will have to add more but it may just be worth it. Tomas Kaberle is overrated, if he played for any other team, his value would not be this low.
I think this is what you meant...

embracedbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 12:55 PM
The Naz
With God given hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesOwnYou View Post

i find it funny that the sticker for you in this trade is a prospect and not your lightning speed center thats on your roster. IN THE NHL! once again, way to much stock in a prospect.

The Naz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 01:02 PM
TheJudge

I'm honestly confused why so many flames fans want to trade Lombardi. I think it may be because he hasn't turned into the first line dynamo some were expecting. He's one of Calgary's best penalty killers, and manages to chip in offensively as well. Personally I'd rather keep him - he fits the role of second or third line center perfectly for me.

TheJudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 01:02 PM
OMGaudreau

what would Leafs fans want for Ian White from Calgary?

OMGaudreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 01:03 PM
OMGaudreau

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJudge View Post
I'm honestly confused why so many flames fans want to trade Lombardi. I think it may be because he hasn't turned into the first line dynamo some were expecting. He's one of Calgary's best penalty killers, and manages to chip in offensively as well. Personally I'd rather keep him - he fits the role of second or third line center perfectly for me.
I dont WANT to trade Lombardi, but you have to give to get!

Old
02-25-2009, 01:06 PM
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount

Kaberles list only includes eastern teams, so this wont work.

mcphllp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 01:06 PM
The Naz
With God given hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dion#3 View Post
what would Leafs fans want for Ian White from Calgary?
i dont know if you'd get fair value. he's a young guy who is playing better every game. might be worth it to keep him and see what happens. worst case hes a 5-6 guy who can work your powerplay and plays a bit tough for a little guy.

Old
02-25-2009, 01:09 PM
Phaneufenstein

2nd intermission of the PPV game vs. CBJ last night Sutter clearly said that he's not trading anyone on the team, which means only picks are available.
And he won't trade those unless "something falls out of the sky"

those statements are trust-worthy IMO

Phaneufenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 01:12 PM
OMGaudreau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaneufenstein View Post
2nd intermission of the PPV game vs. CBJ last night Sutter clearly said that he's not trading anyone on the team, which means only picks are available.
And he won't trade those unless "something falls out of the sky"

I those statements are trust-worthy IMO
that's just typical banter by a GM at this time. He cant start listing players names he wants to move or would be willing to move.

Old
02-25-2009, 01:15 PM
The Naz
With God given hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dion#3 View Post
that's just typical banter by a GM at this time. He cant start listing players names he wants to move or would be willing to move.
i agree. its the same thing with burke talking down all the trades he may want to make.

Old
02-25-2009, 01:35 PM
DownInFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by awright1393 View Post
i find it funny that the sticker for you in this trade is a prospect and not your lightning speed center thats on your roster. IN THE NHL! once again, way to much stock in a prospect.
I am fine with trading Lombardi. Thats okay by me as we have other people capable of stepping up into his role. However trading what looks to be a blue chip prospect for an overhyped Kaberle is not condusive to success. Kaberle would be nice and all but if thats what Burke is asking there is no chance that this happens. The Flames would rather go and get a Derek Morris or Dan Hamhius (Both of whom have a smaller price tag and would take less to obtain) over Kaberle (who has been a miserable mess this year).

DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 01:39 PM
daethfromabove1979

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphllp View Post
Kaberles list only includes eastern teams, so this wont work.
at least one person noticed.. i'd say both teams would do this deal though

daethfromabove1979 is offline   Reply With Quote