HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

New Equipment break in

Old
03-03-2009, 12:14 PM
10 ft. pole

vCash: 500
New Equipment break in

Just started playing again and decided to get some new gear.

My skates never fit well due to my wide foot and medium arch. I sucked it up in the pocket book and went to get fitted for skates. I settled on Graf Supra G-5's. Never thought I would buy an expensive pair of skates let alone a pair that were on sale for $400.00. I could not be happier. They are the closest you are gonna get to wearing slippers on the ice. I did not have a problem with the rise that most have described in the skate blade, at least in terms of skating. Great fit and I have only skated in them twice. I think I am gonna get them baked again just because it can only get better rite? I'll say it once more I love these skates. My previous skates were Bauer 7000's.

Got 3 new sticks as well. A RBK 7-K with the Bergeron curve (sick stick) with a 85 flex. My wrist shot is popping with this thing. Roofed a couple of nice backhands as well despite the huge curve. Next stick was a Warrior-Dolomite 85 flex with the sticky grip and a Doug Weight curve. I personally don't care for this stick yet but I am gonna give it a few weeks. Lastly I picked up a Warrior-Kronic 85 flex again with the sticky grip and the weight curve. I haven't had a chance to use this stick yet.

I also got a pair of CCM 10's hockey pants. These I do not like at all. While the protection level is good the break-in is gonna be a *****. They are really stiff and the cut around the stomach area is way to uncomfortable. I really wish I would have gone with the RBK 9-K pants. They did not have them in my size though.

For new mitts I went with Eagle X-70's with the dominatrix, plastic **** all around them. I love Eagle gloves as they usually require little to no break in. These gloves however are really stiff around the fingers but are still pretty loose as far as new gloves go. I am gonna break these things in slow as there was really nothing wrong with my X-50's I just wanted to get a new pair so I would have the luxury of breaking them in slowly.

I think it was a mistake to buy all this stuff and try and break it in all at once. I wiffed on a few slap shots due to my feet, hands, and core all being somewhat restricted or just out of whack. I got all of my equipment from Hockey Monkey and Hockey Giant and had no problems what so ever. I was lucky that I am in California so I was able to go to both of these locations and try on the equipment and still get a great price. I am not the best writer but, I hope a couple of these descriptions may have helped someone.

Last edited by 10 ft. pole: 03-03-2009 at 12:21 PM.
10 ft. pole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 01:00 PM
adaminnj
Leafs out = SPRING!

vCash: 50
you got a lot of money eh.

I'm not sure are you going to keep a blog on breaking in your new equipment here?

adaminnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 04:30 PM
10 ft. pole

vCash: 500
I was actually hoping to get some feedback on how long others have taken to break in the same equipment.

10 ft. pole is offline   Reply With Quote