HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rangers/Leafs

Old
02-25-2009, 05:39 PM
aaronm_88

vCash: 500
Rangers/Leafs

After hearing Burke set the price for Kaberle at a 1st rounder, roster player and top prospect and watching a few Rangers games the last few weeks and thinking they could benefit from a puck moving dman like kaberle what about this..

To NYR
Kaberle
Moore

To TOR
09 1st
Dubinsky
Del Zotto or Sanguinetti

Rangers get a true puck moving dman and powerplay qb, something I think they desperately need in my opinion after watching some of the stiffs they have on the blueline. They also get Moore who can sub in for the loss of Dubinsky for this season, and can contribute to a playoff run and provide some leadership and positivity to the dressing room.

Leafs get a young American for Burke in Dubinsky who will likely end up as a decent 2way 2nd line center, and a young offensive dman that can hopefully eventually fill kaberle's shoes and combine to make a nice pairing with the defensive Schenn in the future, as well as the 1st round pick they covet.

I don't think this quite works with the Cap, so it might need some tweaking..

aaronm_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 05:40 PM
Sneekypete

Salary Cap!

Rangers also have no need for more Dmen

Sneekypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 05:51 PM
eco's bones

It won't work with the cap and it's way too much from the Rangers end. The Rangers have too much money tied up in Redden and Rozsival already on defense.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 05:54 PM
Nikita Filatov*

Send a message via AIM to Nikita Filatov*
Kaberle=Dubi+1st
Moore<<<<DelZotto/Sang

Nikita Filatov* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 06:06 PM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

I hope Del Zotto becomes a star, that is like the best hockey name ever.

Crazy_Ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 06:07 PM
Saul
S'all Good Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikita Filatov View Post
Kaberle>>>Dubi+1st
Moore<<<<DelZotto/Sang
Fixed. Dubinsky is overrated.

You think a .5 PPG player + a potential NHLer has equal value to Kaberle?

Saul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 06:09 PM
Nikita Filatov*

Send a message via AIM to Nikita Filatov*
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuLk View Post
Fixed. Dubinsky is overrated.

You think a .5 PPG player + a potential NHLer has equal value to Kaberle?
If Dubi wasn't 22 years old, I might agree with you....

Nikita Filatov* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 07:04 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

I think a case could be made for us to take Roszival in the deal to make it work.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 07:09 PM
grabo84

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
I think a case could be made for us to take Roszival in the deal to make it work.
Another proposal offered Girardi, that suits me better. I think Roszival is a guy who's pretty important to the Rangers playoff hopes.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 07:18 PM
highoffglass
Cheers!

As a Leaf fan I'd accept, but I don't think Rangers have enough cap...............

highoffglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 09:37 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabo84 View Post
Another proposal offered Girardi, that suits me better. I think Roszival is a guy who's pretty important to the Rangers playoff hopes.
We have no use for Rozsival if we have Kaberle.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 09:43 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
I don't think it'd be a stretch to say every Ranger fan would prefer Rozsival in a deal for Kaberle than Girardi.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 10:18 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Roszival is included to make the trade remotely possible. It actually clears a little cap space for them. Not much but some.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 07:22 AM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronm_88 View Post
After hearing Burke set the price for Kaberle at a 1st rounder, roster player and top prospect and watching a few Rangers games the last few weeks and thinking they could benefit from a puck moving dman like kaberle what about this..

To NYR
Kaberle
Moore

To TOR
09 1st
Dubinsky
Del Zotto or Sanguinetti

Rangers get a true puck moving dman and powerplay qb, something I think they desperately need in my opinion after watching some of the stiffs they have on the blueline. They also get Moore who can sub in for the loss of Dubinsky for this season, and can contribute to a playoff run and provide some leadership and positivity to the dressing room.

Leafs get a young American for Burke in Dubinsky who will likely end up as a decent 2way 2nd line center, and a young offensive dman that can hopefully eventually fill kaberle's shoes and combine to make a nice pairing with the defensive Schenn in the future, as well as the 1st round pick they covet.

Exccellent proposal. I'd prefer to keep Moore so i'd substitute Ponikarovsky in there instead of him.

DougGilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 07:31 AM
sgupca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ploplopfizzfizz View Post
Salary Cap!

Rangers also have no need for more Dmen
I'll agree, as much as the Rangers need someone like Kaberle (cause Redden and Rozsival aren't having great years) we'd have to take one of them back for this trade too work...and i don't see us touching either of those 2.

sgupca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 07:36 AM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronm_88 View Post

To NYR
Kaberle
Moore

To TOR
09 1st
Dubinsky
Del Zotto or Sanguinetti

Not going to get into a debate as to who is better than who or whatever, I will just say that this deal doesn't make the Rangers better as they are lacking a top line sniper which has been a problem for them all year.

Dubinsky is a solid 2nd line center/winger. If he were to be moved, it should be in a deal that addresses our main weakness.

Kaberle is a sweet player, but he's not what the Rangers lack right now. Well he is, but I can deal with our current defence, our more immediate concern is a top line sniper which Kaberle is not.

Rangers would and should pass.

pld459666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 09:36 AM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Exccellent proposal. I'd prefer to keep Moore so i'd substitute Ponikarovsky in there instead of him.
How is it an excellent proposal? Oh yeah, you're a leafs fan lol.

This deal wouldn't work because of the cap and even if it did, it's overpayment by the Rangers. I wouldn't give you Dubi for Kaberle straight up, let alone throw in a 1st and a good prospect.

You can debate all you want which is the better player, but a 22 year old power forward (who won't make a lot of money for the next few years) is worth more to the Rangers than a 30 yo PP QB (who will make more than the Rangers can afford under the cap), especially considering we have both Sanguinetti and Del Zotto waiting in the wings.

GAGLine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 09:50 AM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
How is it an excellent proposal? Oh yeah, you're a leafs fan lol.

This deal wouldn't work because of the cap and even if it did, it's overpayment by the Rangers. I wouldn't give you Dubi for Kaberle straight up, let alone throw in a 1st and a good prospect.

You can debate all you want which is the better player, but a 22 year old power forward (who won't make a lot of money for the next few years) is worth more to the Rangers than a 30 yo PP QB (who will make more than the Rangers can afford under the cap), especially considering we have both Sanguinetti and Del Zotto waiting in the wings.
Umm, hello.....

Carter (of last year) >>>>>>>>>>>> Dubinsky

We were going to get Carter and a 1st for Kabs last year.

No way Dubs even comes close to Carter. Dubs is a great all round player, but doesn't have much in the offense department. He is vastly overrated on these boards.

Old
02-26-2009, 10:00 AM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

The Rangers don't need Kaberle. End. Of. Story.

I Eat Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 10:02 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
Of course we need Kaberle. We just don't need him if both Redden and Rozsival's contracts are on the books, too.

Kaberle is among the best PP quarterbacks in the league. We don't have a competent player to fill that role. No surprise our PP is atrocious.

That said, I'm not interested in moving important young players for him.

Old
02-26-2009, 10:03 AM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
That's different. But couldn't be further from the truth. You need Kaberle, just not at the expense it would take to get him. You have no PP quaterback. No one to bring up the rush. Roszival and Redden have had terrible years. If they were on their game, than you'd have no need for Kaberle.

Sanguinetti and Del Zotto are years away. No immediate help there.

Old
02-26-2009, 10:06 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
That's different. But couldn't be further from the truth. You need Kaberle, just not at the expense it would take to get him. You have no PP quaterback. No one to bring up the rush. Roszival and Redden have had terrible years. If they were on their game, than you'd have no need for Kaberle.

Sanguinetti and Del Zotto are years away. No immediate help there.
Sanguinetti is probably going to be on the team next year, and Del Zotto probably the year after. Not years away.

Old
02-26-2009, 10:11 AM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Sanguinetti is probably going to be on the team next year, and Del Zotto probably the year after. Not years away.
Well that's still not helping you now.

Old
02-26-2009, 02:00 PM
eco's bones

Look at the mess we are in. You think just adding Kaberle is going to make that much of a difference? Nothing is helping us now so there is no point in trading a bunch of young players who should all have long and productive careers. Sorry but this doesn't work at all.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 02:05 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Well that's still not helping you now.
You're right. So what? We should sacrifice the future so we can make the playoffs and get bounced in the 1st round?

GAGLine is online now   Reply With Quote