HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

florida gm at the flyers/kings game

Old
02-25-2009, 10:44 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 1000
rule 1

IF YOU USE EKSUCKS AS A SOURCE--USE THE PROPER prefix

that way those of use who know he is a joke can ignore the thread

this has been agreed upon by the powers that be

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 11:27 PM
blah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by itstheroc87 View Post
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...rsberg/1/19627...let the jay bo speculation continue. which player/s could he be there to look at?
I could easily see the Flyers giving up on JBo and settling for something like Boynton/Skrastins and some futures for Lupul and Jones, especially after Giroux's play of late. There's still no reason to assume Florida is selling.

blah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 09:06 AM
itstheroc87

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
rule 1

IF YOU USE EKSUCKS AS A SOURCE--USE THE PROPER prefix

that way those of use who know he is a joke can ignore the thread

this has been agreed upon by the powers that be
i agree that he isnt a great source but it is FACT that martins was at the game....

itstheroc87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 09:15 AM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Hopefully Florida takes Alberts from us. so we can Get Briere back

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 09:34 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by blah View Post
I could easily see the Flyers giving up on JBo and settling for something like Boynton/Skrastins and some futures for Lupul and Jones, especially after Giroux's play of late. There's still no reason to assume Florida is selling.
Florida's NOT selling, they're buying, why in God's name would they sell??? They're also not at all likely to move Skrastins and could keep Boynton since he's a UFA, unless there's interest with a solid return coming back.

This guy's saying Philly may be interested in moving Lupul and Coburn or Carle for Bouwmeester. Martin's said he wants a speedy center, so I don't know where Lupul would figure in, but I'm sure he'd think long and hard if Coburn's really in play. He may decide to move picks or prospects for the center he's looking for...possibly Vermette.
http://www.courierpostonline.com/art.../1017/sports04

02-26-2009, 09:41 AM
turkinaa

I saw the same thing on ESPN's site. Also said FLA is going to scout the Habs/Flyers game. Seems to be a lot of talk, but not much being said about the pieces of the trade itself.

turkinaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 09:42 AM
HoverCarle*

Coburn is not in play. Carle yes Coburn No.

Old
02-26-2009, 09:42 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers_Fan View Post
Seems like everyone thinks he was scouting philly, but I am leaning towards him scouting LA...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxostoma Rufum View Post
Definitely scouting LA.

Horton for O'Sullivan?

http://www.courierpostonline.com/art.../1017/sports04

Quote:
For the record, Martin said he was in Philadelphia Wednesday night because his Panthers had the night off between games in Boston on Tuesday and New York tonight. What's curious is the fact Martin plans on returning to the Wachovia Center Friday night to see the Flyers play Montreal.
So it does look like the Flyers...

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 09:48 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Coburn is not in play. Carle yes Coburn No.
Not if Bouw's unsigned when he's moved, but Martin's said he's willing to allow teams to talk to him before they acquire him.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 09:57 AM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorspikes51 View Post
TO BUF: Briere (he restructures contract)
TO PHI: 2nd round pick, prospect if wanted.
What's the difference if he restructures? It's still a 6.5 cap hit

BrindamoursNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 09:59 AM
blah

Why in god's name would they sell? Well, they're a young borderline playoff team that might lose their best player in the offseason. No reason to exaggerate their situation. Martin could buy, sell, or both and not be criticized.

Why is Martin all about centers? They don't have a big time first line center, but they do have nice depth down the middle throughout their team.

Old
02-26-2009, 10:02 AM
TOML

Frolov, Handzus, Preissing for J-Bo.

TOML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 10:02 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Why in god's name would they sell? Well, they're a young borderline playoff team that might lose their best player in the offseason. No reason to exaggerate their situation. Martin could buy, sell, or both and not be criticized.

Why is Martin all about centers? They don't have a big time first line center, but they do have nice depth down the middle throughout their team.
depth is great, but having a top talent center is nice too. successful teams tend to have both.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 10:09 AM
Georgia Panther

Quote:

They want to move Horton back to RW where they think he is more of a goalscorer.

Georgia Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 10:11 AM
blah

There aren't many in the league, so asking for one is a bit of a non-starter. Isn't Matthias supposed to be a first line center? They have plenty of options for second and third line centers. I just don't see why he'd make it a sticking point. The dman he gets in return should be more important.

Old
02-26-2009, 10:18 AM
FlyLife
Nuthin but a G Thang

I would probably do something like Lupul and Coburn if we had a window to resign. My whole biggest beef would be if Jay didn't resign, which I think is a very big possibility. Although, I don't think Coburn would work with the cap, he only makes 1.3, I think it would have to be Carle.

FlyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 10:21 AM
HoverCarle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Not if Bouw's unsigned when he's moved, but Martin's said he's willing to allow teams to talk to him before they acquire him.
I still dont believe Coburn is in play.

Lupul and Carle would be the centre of the package

Old
02-26-2009, 10:24 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:

Then...why are you exaggerating it? Because they may lose Bouw doesn't mean they're selling, Martin's been pretty clear that he's not going to move Bouw unless he gets what he wants. He doesn't have to, Bouw's still not said publicly that he's not going to re-sign, so that's apparently still a possibility. As I've also said umpteen times, there are plenty of options should Bouw decide to walk. Not that those will or won't be as good as Bouw, though.

I'll adress centers below...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEIFey View Post
depth is great, but having a top talent center is nice too. successful teams tend to have both.
Exactly...and yes, Borat is VERY lucky!

Quote:
There aren't many in the league, so asking for one is a bit of a non-starter. Isn't Matthias supposed to be a first line center? They have plenty of options for second and third line centers. I just don't see why he'd make it a sticking point. The dman he gets in return should be more important.
Matthias is still young and can use more time in the AHL, he's not proven like the guys Martin wants for Bouw.

Weiss is a true center where Horton's playing center for the first time in his NHL career. He's struggling with it since he's used to being a center and is on a line with 2 other shooters, Zednik and Booth. The top 6 currently is:
Booth-Horton-Zednik
Stillman-Weiss-Frolik
Peltonen-Campbell-Dvorak are usually the starting line as they quickly set the tone for the game.

It seems that DeBoer and JM would like to move nate back to the wing with Booth and move in the new center. Again, I'm not sure where Lupul would fit in unless they move Zednik in a package, or a top center for Horton, which isn't likely.

Old
02-26-2009, 10:26 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:

i'd be very surprised if Coburn would be in play, too, but for a signed Bouw, you have to give to get. I don't think Bouw's about to sign with anyone in the next week longterm, though.

Old
02-26-2009, 10:33 AM
FlyLife
Nuthin but a G Thang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
i'd be very surprised if Coburn would be in play, too, but for a signed Bouw, you have to give to get. I don't think Bouw's about to sign with anyone in the next week longterm, though.
Which is why I don't think Coburn will be in it. Coburn is way too important to our future if we were to loose Jay via FA.

I still think that a Lupul, Carle, Upshall, 1st if he resigns would be a very enticing package. Upshall is a speedy forward that every team wants, and he's cheap too, which could make up for taking on Lupul's contract (which is blown way out of proportion on this site). They could also send him (or Lupul) off for a center if thats what they really want.

FlyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 10:42 AM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff VanRichards View Post
Which is why I don't think Coburn will be in it. Coburn is way too important to our future if we were to loose Jay via FA.

I still think that a Lupul, Carle, Upshall, 1st if he resigns would be a very enticing package. Upshall is a speedy forward that every team wants, and he's cheap too, which could make up for taking on Lupul's contract (which is blown way out of proportion on this site). They could also send him (or Lupul) off for a center if thats what they really want.
Take out Upshall and add Nodl.

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 10:52 AM
Biggzy*

Quote:

If its Lupul and Coburn I'd be real interested. Hopefully both teams added something else for an even bigger package.

Biggzy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 10:55 AM
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs

I wouldn't be surprised to see J-bo land in Philly for something like Lupul,either JVR or Giroux and a guy like Carle or a draft pick

Bruinsfan_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 10:57 AM
Biggzy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinsfan_37 View Post
I wouldn't be surprised to see J-bo land in Philly for something like Lupul,either JVR or Giroux and a guy like Carle or a draft pick
I'd be real happy with that return. I doubt it though. But considering Phillys depth at forward, they can definitely make a trade like this and be even more of a powerhouse without affecting their lineup much.

Biggzy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 10:59 AM
Gags1288

The way I see it, there are two pretty much definites and then there's probably going to need to be a big time asset on top of that.

The definites would be Lupul and Jones/Carle.

Lupul because: 1) The Flyers need to clear salary, 2) Florida is looking for offensive talent that can help right now, 3) Lupul is the guy that best fits the combination on the Flyers and is moveable (Carter and Richards are untouchable, Hartnell/Briere/Gagne have NTC/NMC).

Carle or Jones because: 1) The Flyers need to clear salary, 2) Florida is looking for a defenseman that can adequately step into their top 4, 3) These guys both fit that criteria.

Then the real question becomes, what else is necessary. Personally, I have a hard time believing it's going to be anything short of one of the Flyers truly top tier assets. By that I mean, it's likely going to have to include on of Giroux, JVR, Sbisa, or Parent. Now personally I would say that Giroux is untouchable as well because he's a freaking stud.

Of the remaining 3, my preference would be JVR/Sbisa/Parent and I'm sure the Panther's preference would be that as well. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they settle in the middle and Sbisa is the guy.

We'll see how it plays out, but there is some serious smoke here.

Gags1288 is offline   Reply With Quote