HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

florida gm at the flyers/kings game

Old
02-26-2009, 03:59 PM
thedjpd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzy View Post
I wouldn't say he's a franchise player. But he's without a doubt a top-pairing d-man.
Again, he is now, but he wasn't at the time of the trade. His value has gone up, a lot. That doesn't mean you can use his current value as an evaluation of the trade.

thedjpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 04:11 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKing View Post
Doesn't Florida want a Top-4 guy who can step in immediately plus a good prospect and/or pick?

LA: Kyle Quincey, Teubert and a 2nd round pick
FLA: Bouwmeester

Bouwmeester would have to be signed though so this is probably pointless but what about the value?

Quincey is our leading D-scorer and is signed for another year at $800m-something. This would free up CAP space for Florida in the Summer plus they get a young, Top-4 guy along with a blue-chip defensive prospect and a good pick.

LA moves forward with the following defense:

Bouwmeester,Johnson,Doughty,Greene,O'Donnell,Gauth ier. Next year they add one of Hickey/Voinov/Drewiske (subtract Gauthier and maybe OD) while the two that don't make it keep developing in Manchester.

Would LA still need "a sniper" with that much talent on the back-end? Shouldn't they be able to just roll with what they have now on offense, let Moller develop and draft a forward with their 1st?
If LA was going to make a pitch for him, I'm guessing Frolov would be involved. Partially because he is probably the most valuable forward the DL would part with and I believe he was supposed to be part of the rumored Loungo deal that never happened. I don't think the Kings could trade Quincey this season because he was claimed of waivers. Somebody might want to verify/clarify that.

I'd think it would be more like Frolov, Hickey/Teubert and maybe a forward prospect or draft pick.

Of course as you said, this would have to mean Bouwmeister would sign long term and given the Kings history, I'm not so sure that is likely (even though they are going in the right direction).

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 04:27 PM
BigKing
Spot Picker

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivelikejoewho View Post
If LA was going to make a pitch for him, I'm guessing Frolov would be involved. Partially because he is probably the most valuable forward the DL would part with and I believe he was supposed to be part of the rumored Loungo deal that never happened. I don't think the Kings could trade Quincey this season because he was claimed of waivers. Somebody might want to verify/clarify that.

I'd think it would be more like Frolov, Hickey/Teubert and maybe a forward prospect or draft pick.

Of course as you said, this would have to mean Bouwmeister would sign long term and given the Kings history, I'm not so sure that is likely (even though they are going in the right direction).

Completely forgot about the waiver rule. I thought FLA wanted a Top-4 guy who can step in right away since they are in the playoffs and Quincey would be choice for them due to his tiny contract.

Any deal would have to include a Top-4 defenseman and they aren't going to move Johnson or Doughty and as much as I love Greene, he can't be the centerpiece of this trade. Besides, he isn't going anywhere due to chemistry.

I think LA will stand pat at the deadline. A guy like Calder is more valuable to this team as part of the stretch run than the return of a 3rd or 4th round pick and I don't see any big shakeups since it would damage the chemistry and psyche of this young team that is extremely tight.

BigKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 04:45 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKing View Post
I think LA will stand pat at the deadline. A guy like Calder is more valuable to this team as part of the stretch run than the return of a 3rd or 4th round pick and I don't see any big shakeups since it would damage the chemistry and psyche of this young team that is extremely tight.
I agree completely. I was just throwing out what I think it would take but yeah I'm sure they would want a defensive replacement.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 04:55 PM
Pantherfan12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzy View Post
I wouldn't say he's a franchise player. But he's without a doubt a top-pairing d-man.
Why wouldn't you say he is a franchise player? I think he is a player you can build a team and defense around. He plays hard every minute of every game. Has a wicked shot, great passer, amazing wheels,and his hits give me goosebumps. I feel like he will be the Panthers next captain,and he is signed for 6 more years.. So why is he not a franchise player?

Pantherfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote