HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Laraque to Toronto?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-25-2009, 10:51 PM
  #1
Four1 Lead
We got Nylander.
 
Four1 Lead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: YYZ
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,970
vCash: 500
Laraque to Toronto?

$3M over the next 2 years left, no movement clause, not playing much/well and not sticking up for his teammates..

Bad contract and all, what's do Hab fans want for him?

Four1 Lead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 10:53 PM
  #2
Nikita Filatov*
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,301
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Nikita Filatov*
I'm no Habs fan, but I'm sure no more than a long-shot prospect or a very late round pick.

Does he seriously have an NMC?

Nikita Filatov* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 10:53 PM
  #3
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
I'd personally prefer keeping him. The last thing I want is the league's undisputed heavyweight on the Leafs pounding on the Habs.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 11:05 PM
  #4
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
dredeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,164
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord Millers Chin View Post
$3M over the next 2 years left, no movement clause, not playing much/well and not sticking up for his teammates..

Bad contract and all, what's do Hab fans want for him?
So why exactly do we want him? 3m for 2 years is brutal for this guy. We have no use for him. The question should be what would you add to him for us to take him.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 11:06 PM
  #5
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
So why exactly do we want him? 3m for 2 years is brutal for this guy. We have no use for him. The question should be what would you add to him for us to take him.
I don't know, why don't you ask Brad May?

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 11:09 PM
  #6
Four1 Lead
We got Nylander.
 
Four1 Lead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: YYZ
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
I don't know, why don't you ask Brad May?
Didn't we win that game? He didn't help you much there.

The guys on TSN were saying that he fights to keep his reputation, he doesn't step up in key moments to boost his team or stick up for his teammates.

That's useless. I think he needs a change of scenery.

Four1 Lead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 11:11 PM
  #7
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,951
vCash: 500
When did he obtain this 'No Movement Clause'? Must be related to the way he skates because it's not in his contract.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 11:13 PM
  #8
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
dredeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,164
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
I don't know, why don't you ask Brad May?
Wow a heavyweight beat up a middle weight.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 11:16 PM
  #9
Four1 Lead
We got Nylander.
 
Four1 Lead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: YYZ
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
When did he obtain this 'No Movement Clause'? Must be related to the way he skates because it's not in his contract.
He has a no trade clause. Or a partial no trade clause.

You tell me.

Four1 Lead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 11:20 PM
  #10
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,951
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord Millers Chin View Post
He has a no trade clause. Or a partial no trade clause.

You tell me.
NMC and a partial no trade clause are two very different things. The conditions on where he can get dealt are unknown, but it is by no means anything nearly as restricting as a NMC.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 11:23 PM
  #11
Four1 Lead
We got Nylander.
 
Four1 Lead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: YYZ
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
NMC and a partial no trade clause are two very different things. The conditions on where he can get dealt are unknown, but it is by no means anything nearly as restricting as a NMC.
At $1.5M per it's pretty much as bad.

Four1 Lead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 11:26 PM
  #12
Kessel>Seguin +
Not Even A Big Fan!!
 
Kessel>Seguin +'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ontario
Country: Cambodia
Posts: 4,757
vCash: 500
Laraque plus a 2nd round pick for a career AHL'er. If Montreal wants to get this guy of their books they got to give something up for it. I dont know if his cap hit is enough to make them give away a draft pick for free i doubt it, but no one in the league will take that contract off their hands.


Last edited by Kessel>Seguin +: 02-25-2009 at 11:34 PM.
Kessel>Seguin + is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 11:35 PM
  #13
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,951
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord Millers Chin View Post
At $1.5M per it's pretty much as bad.
A player with a no-movement clause can’t be demoted without his consent. He also can’t be waived, traded, or bought out of his contract.

Partial NTC restricts the GM from trading him to certain team/s without his consent. Rest are fair game to trade him to. He can get waived, sent down, and bought out.

Yeah, they're almost exactly the same.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 12:01 AM
  #14
FlyingKostitsyn
Registered User
 
FlyingKostitsyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Quebec
Country: Australia
Posts: 8,099
vCash: 827
I'd be ready to move him and a 6th for a 4th or 5th rounder.

He does not fit with our team well. Carbo uses all 4th line and Laraque is unable to play 10 minutes with any kind of intensity. He's too slow to make hits (and is not agressive enough). His offensive production has also been marginal at best, I can count on the finger of one hand the times I've seen him do something remotely useful on the offensive zone (or defensive... anyways).

Sure he beats people up, but only in useless and emotionless staged fights with other useless heavyweights. Never to avenge a teammate because "the code" stipulates the cheap shoting opponent needs to agree to get his ass kicked . Ultimately he's a very selfish player: he cares more about his reputation, ice time and appearances on TV and radio then about the team. He might be a top 3 fighter in the NHL, but he's not the best in his role, far from it.


Well... I guess this was my Laraque rant of the day
I hope a playoff team with bad pro scouts in desperate need of toughness offers something for him.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 12:07 AM
  #15
Kessel>Seguin +
Not Even A Big Fan!!
 
Kessel>Seguin +'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ontario
Country: Cambodia
Posts: 4,757
vCash: 500
Some will offered something alright... a Career AHL'er and you throw in a 2nd or maybe a third to take his contract off your hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
I'd be ready to move him and a 6th for a 4th or 5th rounder.

He does not fit with our team well. Carbo uses all 4th line and Laraque is unable to play 10 minutes with any kind of intensity. He's too slow to make hits (and is not agressive enough). His offensive production has also been marginal at best, I can count on the finger of one hand the times I've seen him do something remotely useful on the offensive zone (or defensive... anyways).

Sure he beats people up, but only in useless and emotionless staged fights with other useless heavyweights. Never to avenge a teammate because "the code" stipulates the cheap shoting opponent needs to agree to get his ass kicked . Ultimately he's a very selfish player: he cares more about his reputation, ice time and appearances on TV and radio then about the team. He might be a top 3 fighter in the NHL, but he's not the best in his role, far from it.


Well... I guess this was my Laraque rant of the day
I hope a playoff team with bad pro scouts in desperate need of toughness offers something for him.

Kessel>Seguin + is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 12:10 AM
  #16
Irish Blues
____________________
 
Irish Blues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Country: St Helena
Posts: 21,804
vCash: 500
Laraque DOES NOT have a NMC. He does have a full NTC for the 2008-09 season, and then a partial NTC for 2009-10 and 2010-11 [he names 6 teams in each conference he'll accept a trade to].

Irish Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 12:13 AM
  #17
SK74
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 39
vCash: 500
I think a western team will take a chance on him for a 7th pick.

He will never be traded to TO.That's for sure.

SK74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 12:16 AM
  #18
Nizdizzle
Salary cap? Huh?
 
Nizdizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,302
vCash: 500
I sure hope he never comes here. Send him to the Bulldogs where he belongs

Nizdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 12:27 AM
  #19
Go Habs Go
Registered User
 
Go Habs Go's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Mississauga
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,448
vCash: 500
If he's that bad, that horrible of a contract and that useless, then why would the Leafs want him? And if the Habs get basically nothing in return, why would they trade the best fighter in the league to one of their biggest rivals?

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 12:39 AM
  #20
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,951
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues View Post
Laraque DOES NOT have a NMC. He does have a full NTC for the 2008-09 season, and then a partial NTC for 2009-10 and 2010-11 [he names 6 teams in each conference he'll accept a trade to].
Thanks, didn't realize that much info was released on the NTC conditions.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 12:40 AM
  #21
dubey
So hot right now
 
dubey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Hackey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,930
vCash: 500
Toronto will take him if a 1st round pick comes with him. Waste of a roster spot.

dubey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 12:57 AM
  #22
IBLeaf*
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Oakville, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubey View Post
Toronto will take him if a 1st round pick comes with him. Waste of a roster spot.
I love you dubey.

IBLeaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 01:59 AM
  #23
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,905
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by juice1815 View Post
Laraque plus a 2nd round pick for a career AHL'er. If Montreal wants to get this guy of their books they got to give something up for it. I dont know if his cap hit is enough to make them give away a draft pick for free i doubt it, but no one in the league will take that contract off their hands.
Does Montreal really want Grabovsky back?

smoke meat pete* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 06:57 AM
  #24
FlyingKostitsyn
Registered User
 
FlyingKostitsyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Quebec
Country: Australia
Posts: 8,099
vCash: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Habs Go View Post
If he's that bad, that horrible of a contract and that useless, then why would the Leafs want him? And if the Habs get basically nothing in return, why would they trade the best fighter in the league to one of their biggest rivals?
Laraque's code forbid him to fight anyone playing for the Habs. We have no heavyweight and nobody stupid enough to willingly fight him. All the better for us if Toronto plays him against us, friggin Latendresse of all people could blow by him and look like Pavel Bure. I don't think theres anyone on our team (or in the league anyways) he could catch up to so lets forget about the whole "toughness" he could bring in the 4 minutes he'd spend on the ice.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 07:05 AM
  #25
Montreal Typical
Registered User
 
Montreal Typical's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Moreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
We have no heavyweight
True.

Quote:
and nobody stupid enough to willingly fight him.
Kostopoulos is probably stupid enough to do that.

Montreal Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:57 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.