HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kings/Avalanche/Pens 3 way

Old
02-25-2009, 10:10 PM
Mike Farkas
Hockey's Future Staff
Moron!

vCash: 500
Kings/Avalanche/Pens 3 way

This is based off of something that is likely not legit, but it makes for a halfway interesting proposal...to me, it's a little much for the Pens, but is this salvageable...?

Los Angeles acquires: Jordan Staal, Tyler Kennedy, Miroslav Satan, COL's 5th round pick

Colorado acquires: Ryan Whitney, PIT's 3rd round pick, LA's 4th round pick

Pittsburgh acquires: Wojtek Wolski, Chris Stewart, Alexander Frolov, LA's 2nd round pick

To break it down a bit...
LA gives: Frolov, 2nd, 4th
Col gives: Wolski, Stewart, 5th
Pit gives: Whitney, Staal, Kennedy, Satan, 3rd

Ideally, I wouldn't want the Pens to give up Kennedy...

Carve it up...

Mike Farkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 10:18 PM
P0ckets
BB Pisses Genius

this has already been discussed and colorado gets ***** in this deal

P0ckets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 10:20 PM
DRL
Streak killers!

Send a message via MSN to DRL Send a message via Yahoo to DRL
pens make out like bandits, avs get their bums severly ravaged lol

DRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 10:23 PM
Mike Farkas
Hockey's Future Staff
Moron!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silence View Post
this has already been discussed and colorado gets ***** in this deal
Ah...didn't see it before, it was hidden inside another thread...my fault...

And yes, the Avs don't do so hot...they could stand to keep Chris Stewart at least...

Mike Farkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 10:26 PM
LAX attack*

Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
I wouldn't do it still.

I don't think that Staal will ever be as good as Frolov has been

LAX attack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 10:35 PM
chet1926

The Avs get severely bent over. Giving up two, under 22, former first round picks, for a descent d man and some **** picks...that sounds really fair. If the Avs are going to give up those two players, the return better include Malkin. I'm not at all joking. I realize the Avs would have to give more, but young players who can produce don't grow on trees. You sure as hell don't give them away for **** picks and average dmen.

chet1926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 10:37 PM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post
The Avs get severely bent over. Giving up two, under 22, former first round picks,
Ahem, Wolski turned 23 yesterday.

He's over the hill in these parts.

Ensane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 10:45 PM
chet1926

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensane View Post
Ahem, Wolski turned 23 yesterday.

He's over the hill in these parts.
My bad, your right he is for sure over the hill, lets trade him for other teams junk because Wolskis value is basically worthless.

Old
02-25-2009, 11:03 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
Chris Stewart

To be fair, I don't think a lot of people have seen Chris Stewart play YET.

In 2-3 years, they'll all be drooling....

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 11:32 PM
madpooh

Quote:
The Avs get severely bent over. Giving up two, under 22, former first round picks, for a descent d man and some **** picks...that sounds really fair. You sure as hell don't give them away for **** picks and average dmen.
Look I can understand you think the trade is not fair to the Avs, but Whitney is not a "descent" or "average d man" He's one of the better young dmen around. He's already had a season where he scored more than Wolski's best season. Also as great as Wolski is he hasn't really be improving. He's never really broken that 50 pt plateau or been the offensive force people hoped.

Know I think if you took out Stewart it would work out fine but realise that the Av's are giving up the third best player (Whitney/Wolski)

madpooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 11:33 PM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
To be fair, I don't think a lot of people have seen Chris Stewart play YET.

In 2-3 years, they'll all be drooling....
It took him all of about 15 games to show that he's already better than his older brother.

Old
02-25-2009, 11:45 PM
66-29-33

I hear Smyth, and Stewart for Staal in the trade thread on Pens forum. I have no idea about anything on Stewart, just that he will be a stud. More info on this guy?

66-29-33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 12:06 AM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66-29-33 View Post
I hear Smyth, and Stewart for Staal in the trade thread on Pens forum. I have no idea about anything on Stewart, just that he will be a stud. More info on this guy?
6'2 - 235 lbs - 21 years old

Most didn't think he'd be ready for the big show this year, but when he was called up, he adjusted to the speed of the NHL really quickly. Over an 82 game spread, he'd be on pace for around a 20-20-40 campaign.

His size is his most talked about asset--I mean, 235 lbs of what most say is pure muscle, but his speed is the part of his game that makes it all come together. Now even though he's found the net more often than anyone expected in his first season, his hands still have some developing to do, as does his offensive creativity.

He's fearless, will fight just about anybody, is a solid body checker, and can cycle the puck really well. Needless to say, he's not afraid to crash the net either. His shot isn't anything to write home about, and I doubt it will ever be. The majority of his goals come on the rush or around the crease. He has good instincts on where to be though. He finds open ice well too. It'll be interesting to see how he fares given a bigger role on the powerplay too.

His top end potential is that power forward prototype that every team wants, yet only about 5-10 teams per year can boast they have, with a scoring clip of 30-40 goals. His most likely potential is a guy who can regularly put up 20 goals, and will occasionally hit the 30 mark while tweening between the 1st line and 2nd line.

He's been one of the few bright spots on the team this season, so needless to say we're not so hot on any trade proposal that includes him.

Old
02-26-2009, 12:12 AM
mikeod1986

Quote:

Most didn't think he'd be ready for the big show this year, but when he was called up, he adjusted to the speed of the NHL really quickly. Over an 82 game spread, he'd be on pace for around a 20-20-40 campaign.

His size is his most talked about asset--I mean, 235 lbs of what most say is pure muscle, but his speed is the part of his game that makes it all come together. Now even though he's found the net more often than anyone expected in his first season, his hands still have some developing to do, as does his offensive creativity.

He's fearless, will fight just about anybody, is a solid body checker, and can cycle the puck really well. Needless to say, he's not afraid to crash the net either. His shot isn't anything to write home about, and I doubt it will ever be. The majority of his goals come on the rush or around the crease. He has good instincts on where to be though. He finds open ice well too. It'll be interesting to see how he fares given a bigger role on the powerplay too.

His top end potential is that power forward prototype that every team wants, yet only about 5-10 teams per year can boast they have, with a scoring clip of 30-40 goals. His most likely potential is a guy who can regularly put up 20 goals, and will occasionally hit the 30 mark while tweening between the 1st line and 2nd line.

He's been one of the few bright spots on the team this season, so needless to say we're not so hot on any trade proposal that includes him.

I wouldn't want to let that go either....

I do think Colorado deserves a tad more....why don't we counter with this, the rest of the deal remains intact, but instead of Stewart the Pens get Svatos, add Joe Vitale a center who's rated #11 prospect wise for us...and another pick maybe a 4th in 2010

So Colorado comes away with Whitney/Vitale/Pens 3rd in 09/Pens 4th in 2010/Kings 4th in 09

mikeod1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 12:14 AM
cdenn15

As a Pens fan I'd be satisfied with this deal

cdenn15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 12:15 AM
NOTENOUGHBREWER

Quote:
Here's the deal. He's huge, he's strong, he can skate, he has great work ethic, he fights, he has decent hands.

Obviously he hasnt put it all together yet, but even if the skill never emerges he'll be a guy who can play a regular shift and fight.

Basically he does have an unlikely chance of becoming a first line power forward. Even if he doesnt he'll still end up a useful player. Right now the Avs have many forwards who could end up as good scorers, but if not they'll do nothing at the NHL level because they cant do anything besides score.

NOTENOUGHBREWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 12:25 AM
66-29-33

Quote:

Wow, thanks. Why the hell would the Avalanche GM even think about trading that? Although on the Pens, he will be VERY welcomed, Malkin will love him.

Old
02-26-2009, 12:27 AM
DinnerMints

WOW holy overpayment batman!

Edit: Maybe overpayment isn't the word, but damn Colorado gets fleeced in that deal.

DinnerMints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 02:46 AM
chet1926

Quote:
Originally Posted by madpooh View Post
Look I can understand you think the trade is not fair to the Avs, but Whitney is not a "descent" or "average d man" He's one of the better young dmen around. He's already had a season where he scored more than Wolski's best season. Also as great as Wolski is he hasn't really be improving. He's never really broken that 50 pt plateau or been the offensive force people hoped.

Know I think if you took out Stewart it would work out fine but realise that the Av's are giving up the third best player (Whitney/Wolski)
You have to realize the only reason Whitney put up gigantic numbers for a d man is because he got to play on a PP with Malkin and Crosby. Its not difficult to put up big numbers with those two helping you. I think on an average to bad team like the Avs, the best Whitney does is 40-45 pts. Which puts him on basically the same level as a Liles offensively and from what I've heard Whitney isn't that great on the d side of things. So I really feel like Whitney is an average to pretty good d man...not excellent but descent.

Yeah I realize in your east coast bias, the Avs are giving up the third best player in the deal, but in my opinion Wolski is as good as Staal or Whitney...Staal and Wolski put up very similar numbers, and Whitney has inflated numbers due to the caliber of players he plays with consistently. Honestly I feel those 3 players are a wash talent wise. Frolov is the most established player in the deal.

Pittsburgh does give up some good players, but they also get compensated for it, by getting some good ones back. LA also gets compensated decently. The Avs on the other had give up two former 1st round picks, both very young with good upsides, and recieve a descent d man, and some **** picks. Not too fair and balanced.

Basically I will give you Wolski for Whitney is a wash. But Stewart who is 21, who got drafted 18th overall in '06, who just started his NHL career, and if you average his stats out over an 82 game schedule he would be on pace for a 20g-20a season, if he is only worth 3rd and a 4th I don't know what to think anymore. I mean Brad Richardson a...yeah Brad Richardson a pretty much worthless grinder (you probably don't know who he is) netted a 2nd round pick. Stewarts minimum value to the Avs is a 1st rd pick 10-20.

If the deal did not include Stewart, it would be OK but I really don't want to see Wolski go.

Old
02-26-2009, 02:50 AM
66-29-33

Shut up about that "he plays with Malkin, and Crosby on the PP that is why he gets all those points" you people keep sprouting off. Before this season he had 99 points in 2 seasons, he earned it, he was not leeching off those players. Anything to make a player seem less important.

Old
02-26-2009, 02:59 AM
chet1926

Quote:
Shut up about that "he plays with Malkin, and Crosby on the PP that is why he gets all those points" you people keep sprouting off. Before this season he had 99 points in 2 seasons, he earned it, he was not leeching off those players. Anything to make a player seem less important.
Your sense of reality is really blurred. Do you really believe that Whitney would averaging 50pts a year without Crosby and Malkin on the PP? I don't. I'm not saying he is a bad D man hes not, i just don't think he is as offensive as we think maybe a 40pts per year player.

Players who play with great players their stats always are inflated...a perfect example is Milan Hejduk, when he played with Peter Forsberg, he was a 50 goal scorer, when he didn't, he was more of a 35 goal scorer. Does this make Hejduk a bad player...NO. It does show how when players play with superstars their numbers usually jump up a bit.

This shows that its hard to judge a players real value, when they have superstars feeding them the puck. I think Pittsburgh fans think Whitney is way more valuable than he really is, and think if they trade him that a lot of fans are not going to be happy with the return.

Old
02-26-2009, 03:04 AM
66-29-33

Quote:
Your sense of reality is really blurred. Do you really believe that Whitney would averaging 50pts a year without Crosby and Malkin on the PP? I don't. I'm not saying he is a bad D man hes not, i just don't think he is as offensive as we think maybe a 40pts per year player.

Players who play with great players their stats always are inflated...a perfect example is Milan Hejduk, when he played with Peter Forsberg, he was a 50 goal scorer, when he didn't, he was more of a 35 goal scorer. Does this make Hejduk a bad player...NO. It does show how when players play with superstars their numbers usually jump up a bit.

This shows that its hard to judge a players real value, when they have superstars feeding them the puck. I think Pittsburgh fans think Whitney is way more valuable than he really is, and think if they trade him that a lot of fans are not going to be happy with the return.
Don't waste so much time on typing crap, we don't wanna waste our time reading unless you have something to say, rather then something not to say. The fact that you used the line "he plays with Malkin, and Crosby" shows all there needs to be to even bother reading. Your typical HF response "he is playing with Crosby", or "Malkin", therefore his stats are overrated.

Old
02-26-2009, 03:10 AM
CBGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAX attack View Post

I don't think that Staal will ever be as good as Frolov has been
You're kidding, right?

CBGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 03:17 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBGB View Post
You're kidding, right?
No. He's not.

Legionnaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 03:20 AM
YogiCanucks

As a Canucks fan, I like this deal for Colorado.

YogiCanucks is offline   Reply With Quote