HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Not to Lament on the past...

Old
02-25-2009, 11:22 PM
NYRamonte10

vCash: 500
Not to Lament on the past...

Just a fun fact. Fedor Tyutin has more power play points than anyone on the Rangers, and he happens to play for the Blue Jackets who are 30th in the league on the Power Play. Yikes.

NYRamonte10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 11:52 PM
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun

Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
He was pretty crap for us in the PO's last year, too... I remember not being too upset with his shipping out since we got Z in return.

Cynical TyranT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 12:09 AM
HockeyBurd*

I watched a few Columbus games recently. Tyutin looked outstanding. One of there best players.

HockeyBurd* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 12:19 AM
ruckus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynical TyranT View Post
He was pretty crap for us in the PO's last year, too... I remember not being too upset with his shipping out since we got Z in return.

Ha! because Zherdev is so worth it right?

I swear some people are so enamoured with his flare they don't realize he doesn't ever do ANYTHING.

And I like Zherdev, but come on.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 02:53 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Hes finally getting ice time on the PP to develop his talent...not surprised, he was never given the chance here(cept for maybe a minute here and there). Im thrilled for though..one of my favorite rangers (and my Tyutin Jersey hangs in my closet waiting for him to come back )

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 03:08 AM
LyNX27

Quote:
Originally Posted by robruckus View Post

I swear some people are so enamoured with his flare they don't realize he doesn't ever do ANYTHING.

Lol, i've been seeing your posts which are just flame after flame, but just take into consideration that if we didnt trade Z, thats a HELL of a lot of offense missing from what we've done this year.

LyNX27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 03:08 AM
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun

Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
Quote:

... get serious.

dont be insulting about what Im "enamored" with. The guy's our most skilled forward, easily. His ceiling is higher than Tyut's, who may hopefully eventually being a redundant piece is Redden and Rosi play to their levels... MDZ and Sauer and Sangs get to their level... and of course Staal.

Once again:

Z > Tyuts.

Cynical TyranT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 03:15 AM
OverTheCap

I wonder if something here was holding him back, or maybe he needed a change in environment to flourish. I was never really all that impressed with him on the PP last year as he could never keep the puck in the zone.

It seems like Toots has a good relationship with Hitchcock as well, who has said that Tyutin has not only been his best defenseman, but on some nights he is the team's best player. Would Tyutin have been this successful on our team's dismal power play this year? I'm not sure...

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 03:35 AM
pavvento

Quote:

I totally agree. Yes, the guy has talent, and yea he might develop into a top scorer, but as is, right now, he's not as incredible as people on this board would have you believe.

62 games, 45 points?

pavvento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 04:22 AM
LyNX27

In this system, AO would be hard pressed to put up goals. Not to say Nik is out there all alone, but hes not all about scoring the goal... thats just not his style. To be honest, the fact that he has 42 points is amazing...

LyNX27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 12:59 PM
pavvento

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeHockeyFan View Post
A lot of people here also say we don't have a true first line forward, and 45 pts currently ranks him 15th amongst RWs this season. Considering he's on a team that's at or near the bottom in both goals scored and PPGs, I think his numbers are pretty impressive. He could easily have 55 pts right now if we had a half-decent PP. It's even more impressive when you consider how much time he played virtually at 4-on-5 because he was forced to play with Voros. And above all, let's not lose sight of the fact that he's only 24.
I completely agree. He is above average and is still developing. I do not think he is incredible, as many people would say. He is an incredibly talented player who may never reach his potential, and can be a quite capable second line winger.

pavvento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 01:32 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Hitchcock has him shooting, hes got more shots already this season than any other year with the Rangers and theres 20 games left. PP time ES time... hes playing more than he played here.

HockeyBasedNYC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 01:44 PM
HockeyBurd*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynical TyranT View Post
Z > Tyuts.
I was thrilled about the trade. I'm always excited by high skill forward with potential. Yet, having watched Z, I wish the trade could be undone. But what are you going to do. With the cap situation that the team is crippled by, Zherdev may be all the offensive hope this team sill have for the next couple seasons. Assuming he doesn't bolt to Russia.

HockeyBurd* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 01:47 PM
levski87

Quote:

You have been officially added to my ignore list.

levski87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 02:21 PM
Larry Melnyk

Tyutin was always a favorite of mine and I just think he needed time to become a consistent two-way D-man that could do everything (Offense, defense, physical, PP, Pk) pretty well but not great..A 1st to 2nd pair D-man..I wasn't happy with the deal for ZHERDEV but mainly becasue I'm a defense first guy, but we needed Zherdev and what he brings...Good trade for both teams..Zherdeve qwill be more of a factor eventually...

Speaking of the Past, I watch a lot of CBJ games on CI and damn that Manny Malhotra! No, he's not a 1st line C like he is being used now but he has turned into a really good 3rd line C..Great defense, some offensive skill, can play on the PP and PK, can play up temporarily, great at FOs...Not saying we need him (but I wuld love him), just like seeing him do well

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 04:12 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:

Uh oh Robruckus, you have insulted Zherdev. Prepare for

On HF boards it is everyone's fault BUT Zherdev. 2 points in 12 games cause he's friggin awesome.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote