HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Vesa Toskala

Old
02-25-2009, 10:59 PM
leaky37

vCash: 500
Vesa Toskala

Every since Vesa sat out for a few games, and seen that Pogge is starting to play better or he had an injury that got better, he has been on a tear. He has been unbeatable in his last 3 games. I think that the leafs should try and trade him now while he has his game back and showing what he can really do.

leaky37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 11:01 PM
The King 1

He has a injury that may need surgery after the season

Last edited by The King 1: 02-25-2009 at 11:03 PM. Reason: But he has been playing well since he had his rest
The King 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 11:02 PM
Predsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by The King 1 View Post
He has a injury that may need surgery after the season
yet he says hes fine ? source confirming this "injury" you speak of?

Predsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 11:03 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 136
isn't this the third time we had at this topic in a month

Heaven wont take me and hell is afraid I'd take 0ver
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 11:05 PM
The King 1

It was said on TSN during the game

The King 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 11:16 PM
1234rer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predsrule View Post
http://www.thestar.com/article/592982

1234rer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 11:40 PM
Eddie Vedder

I base this on nothing but a random gut feeling... I dont know if it would even work cap wise or what toronto would want.. but I have this weird feeling detroit might look into vesa come deadline day.

Eddie Vedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 11:44 PM
grabo84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Vedder View Post
I base this on nothing but a random gut feeling... I dont know if it would even work cap wise or what toronto would want.. but I have this weird feeling detroit might look into vesa come deadline day.
He's got horrible numbers this year, but he's been really good in stretches. Any interest would depend on what Ken Holland thinks of him outside this season, because he hasn't impressed. I still think he can turn it around, but who knows what it'll take for him to start playing to what he's shown in the past.

One of Detroit's 3 goalie prospects would be enough to get Toskala, for sure.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 11:56 PM
Sebastien Centomo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predsrule View Post
Toskala himself alluded to as much about a month ago after Burke said he had to be better.

"It is the first time I have heard of it and I have not talked to him," Toskala said when asked about Burke's comments. "Like I just said it is a long season and sometimes you have problems with your body, you just have to take it a little bit easier in practice to get through the games."

"I know what is going on and I can't say everything to the media. So as long as I know that he knows the truth and know the truth then it doesn't matter," Toskala said. "Injury wise, maybe (there is) something."

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2009/...rke_criticism/

Then last week he went for an MRI and the Sportsnet panel claimed he would need surgery after the season.

It's pretty obvious that he's been playing injured.

Sebastien Centomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 12:11 AM
D3ADLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honus Joglund View Post
Toskala himself alluded to as much about a month ago after Burke said he had to be better.

Then last week he went for an MRI and the Sportsnet panel claimed he would need surgery after the season.

It's pretty obvious that he's been playing injured
he wouldn't be playing at all if it was that serious.. toskala is having an off year and that's the real truth.. if he had an injury y wouldn't he want to rest it..by playing don't u think he would make it worse? and y would a player want to risk his career when there is this so called "injury" that they know about..so the point is its not OBVIOUS he has an injury...

D3ADLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 12:44 AM
Sebastien Centomo

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafsin2010 View Post
he wouldn't be playing at all if it was that serious.. toskala is having an off year and that's the real truth.. if he had an injury y wouldn't he want to rest it..by playing don't u think he would make it worse? and y would a player want to risk his career when there is this so called "injury" that they know about..so the point is its not OBVIOUS he has an injury...
I liked the part where you deleted the direct quotes from Toskala I gave where he admitted that he's been playing through an injury.

And the link 1234rer gave...

"I guess I'll have to talk to our doctors at the end of the season," he said when asked about the possibility this morning. "They know what's going on and what's best for me and what's best for the team. I don't know. We'll see."

"I feel comfortable to play," he said. "Everything is kind of all right."

Toskala underwent an MRI on his hip a week ago but there was no structural damage found. However, he has struggled with pain in the area for most of the season.

"Vesa was the reason we won the game the other night," he said yesterday. "And probably one of the reasons in the Vancouver game why we got a point. He's played very well over the last couple of weeks. With a little bit of rest, given his issues at times with a sore groin – which is basically the way it's been his whole career – every once in a while when he gets a rest, he comes back and he plays much better."

It is, in fact, obvious that he's been playing injured. He's admitted it, the coaches have admitted it, the doctors are aware of the situation, he's been in for an MRI. Why you don't want to believe that, I don't know. Or care.

Sebastien Centomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 01:02 AM
Bills09

2nd round pick and i go home happy

Bills09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 01:10 AM
TOML

Back to San Jose for Logan Couture?

TOML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 01:17 AM
embracedbias

Send him somewhere, he's really ******** up the tank.

In all seriousness, I have a feeling he won't get traded. Would Burke be OK with having Joseph or Pogge start for the rest of the season? Then again, if he traded Toskala, I would have no doubts whatsoever about his intentions of rebuilding the team completely. I can't really see it happening (not to mention that his value is still pretty low).

embracedbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 01:50 AM
D3ADLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honus Joglund View Post
I liked the part where you deleted the direct quotes from Toskala I gave where he admitted that he's been playing through an injury.

And the link 1234rer gave...

"I guess I'll have to talk to our doctors at the end of the season," he said when asked about the possibility this morning. "They know what's going on and what's best for me and what's best for the team. I don't know. We'll see."

"I feel comfortable to play," he said. "Everything is kind of all right."

Toskala underwent an MRI on his hip a week ago but there was no structural damage found. However, he has struggled with pain in the area for most of the season.

"Vesa was the reason we won the game the other night," he said yesterday. "And probably one of the reasons in the Vancouver game why we got a point. He's played very well over the last couple of weeks. With a little bit of rest, given his issues at times with a sore groin which is basically the way it's been his whole career every once in a while when he gets a rest, he comes back and he plays much better."

It is, in fact, obvious that he's been playing injured. He's admitted it, the coaches have admitted it, the doctors are aware of the situation, he's been in for an MRI. Why you don't want to believe that, I don't know. Or care.
than y is he making it worst? or by playing him he is healing it?

D3ADLY is offline   Reply With Quote