HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Lol!!!!!

Closed Thread

Old
03-11-2004, 08:22 PM
Teemu

vCash: 500
Lol!!!!!

Pat Foley, one of the best announcers in the league, usually knows what to say and when to say it. Today, though, was the best case of this I have ever seen. After the second period, he made some comments about the Karpovtsev trade. Here's what he said...

"After 20 years with this organ-I-zation, I have never seen a worse teammate than Karpovtsev"

"He is the worst excuse for a teammate in the history of the Chicago Blackhawks. If he didnt want to play, he just went boohoo i hurt my shoulder. I remember one such instance where he did this minutes before a game and they had to bring in a poor youngster to take his place"

"Kudos to Bob Pulford and Dale Tallon for getting anything more than a roll of tape for what has to be the biggest disgrace to ever were the indian head sweater!"

"On the bight side, he is now New Yorks problem, not ours."

Pat Foley, youre my hero

If i can find anyone who made a recording of that, Ill post it on here. it was HILARIOUS

Last edited by Teemu: 03-11-2004 at 08:26 PM.
Old
03-11-2004, 09:53 PM
Hawkalyzer

and we got a 4th for him

Old
03-11-2004, 10:03 PM
Teemu

Full text via BHZ...

" This is a very happy day Troy. This is a very happy day for this Blackhawk fan because I am never again going to have to see Alexander Karpovtsev in a Blackhawk uniform.

You know, Karpovtsev is actually a pretty good defenseman, I am going to qualify my comments by saying that he is a good defenseman (Video footage starts to play on Fox Sports Net Chicago) when he plays, and that is the rub. Because Alexander Karpovtsev looks for any excuse not to play and in his time in Chicago he is the worst excuse for a teammate that I have seen in my two decades of doing this job.

A couple of examples: ten minutes before a warmup two weeks ago (Foley talking as Karpotvsev: My shoulder hurts) and forcing a young defenseman who didn't anticipate playing had to scurry into his uniform and dress in the game.

He was ready to come back from an ankle injury earlier this season getting set to rejoin the lineup, had a collision in practice. (Foley talking as Karpotvsev: I have a concussion )

Well Doctor Karpotvsev, always had an excuse, always milked the system. He came to the Blackhawks in a trade for Bryan McCabe, who has gone on to be an All Star in Toronto. Even before that, Bryan McCabe was a guy who cared and who tried. The Toronto Players, when that trade was made, we couldn't believe that they got Bryan McCabe for Dean Martin.

Let me tell you something, Alexander Karpovtsev doesn't sing and when you are trying to bring along a young team, this is not the kind of veteran you want around young people in any way, shape or form.

That deal was one of the worst deals in the history of the Chicago Blackhawks and when Mike Smith writes him memoirs about his time in Chicago, I have the title for that chapter. Disaster!

So kudos to Bob Pulford and Dale Tallon for being able to get anything more than a role of tape for this overpaid, underachiever.

Alexander Karpovtsev is now the New York Islanders problem and that will be his last National Hockey league stop.

He basically in my opinion was a disgrace to the uniform when he was in Chicago.

As he leaves Chicago, I have one feeling for Alexander Karpovtsev: Good Riddance!"

Old
03-11-2004, 10:42 PM
Mathias
Fighting Aficionado

to Pat Foley

Old
03-11-2004, 10:45 PM
Douggy

I never realized he was so unliked! I allways thought he was a good guy in Toronto!

Old
03-11-2004, 10:49 PM
Stuy

Listen to the audio here

http://www.hockey-humor.com/PatVKarp.mp3

03-11-2004, 10:52 PM
officeglen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teemu08
...we couldn't believe that they got Bryan McCabe for Dean Martin.
Nice line. Now let me get back to my red wine.

Old
03-12-2004, 11:02 PM
Big McLargehuge
Buff Drinklots

vCash: 422

That takes balls to say that kind of stuff publically.

Old
03-12-2004, 11:08 PM
benji
Took too much, man.

Send a message via MSN to benji
AHha that's great. I loved the way he just started it out of nowhere, and just finished really fast, as if he made his point (which he did), and knew it.

Closed Thread