HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Laraque back in the starting lineup?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-26-2009, 12:40 PM
  #26
HotHabsFan*
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bell Center Vagabond
Posts: 2,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
Laraque should never be out of the Line-up. In my book à moé, he's ahead of Bégin, Stewart, Dandenault, Chipchura (unless Chip is used as a center) and is equal to Kostopoulos, because he's better offensivly and is so dominant physicaly that it influence the game.
yeah ok there ! Laraque ahead of Chipper !

HotHabsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 12:50 PM
  #27
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,941
vCash: 500
Great this means a fight with Riley Cote in the first 5 minutes of the game.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 12:54 PM
  #28
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,586
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
Laraque should never be out of the Line-up. In my book à moé, he's ahead of Bégin, Stewart, Dandenault, Chipchura (unless Chip is used as a center) and is equal to Kostopoulos, because he's better offensivly and is so dominant physicaly that it influence the game.
have you watched the habs this year?

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 12:55 PM
  #29
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,335
vCash: 256
so I guess we can expect to see allot of Richards-Carter-Gagne when Carbo sends out big george!!!

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 12:57 PM
  #30
CanadienErrant*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Cook Islands
Posts: 4,956
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Great this means a fight with Riley Cote in the first 5 minutes of the game.
Another useless side show !

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 12:58 PM
  #31
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,335
vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
Another useless side show !
and hopefully they both get ejected

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 01:03 PM
  #32
lxzred
Registered User
 
lxzred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Victoria
Country: Canada
Posts: 349
vCash: 500
Now that's more like HFB negativity, bashing and a lack of respect... you guys had me worried

lxzred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 01:08 PM
  #33
otto bond
Registered User
 
otto bond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,986
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
Here is your chance to put your money where your mouth is Georges. He talks a big game off the ice but I've yet to see it on the ice.
That's in a perfect world. This guy make me sick with is mentality's and his theories.
I was sure that this guy was gonna help us but this far, no go from my side.
He is not there to score goals but to make sure he plays the system and for check and back check. Make your presence felt after a whistle and in front of the net. In other words intimidate anyone and everyone if possible. Get them thinking of what could happen if they step out of line.

In my book, this is a perfect shift by Laraque. Hop on the ice get in position and support the play with your physic(check, block shot type). Be aggressive and react out their. 30-40 sec max.

On the bench, talk to guys, let them know you are their. Take # and tell the coach your intention"hey Carb, you want me to give this guy a push?" Let the other team know you have them in your radar.

Am I missing something?

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 01:11 PM
  #34
Mustafa*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 3,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post
have you watched the habs this year?
Yes except 3. I didn't see much of Laraque because he was injured, but every time he was on the ice he was everything i was hoping for.

Why do you ask?

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 01:17 PM
  #35
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,586
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
Yes except 3. I didn't see much of Laraque because he was injured, but every time he was on the ice he was everything i was hoping for.

Why do you ask?
because (and its only my opinion here) i think laraque has been freaking horrible this year, i was a fan of him in the past but im done with him

-came to camp out of shape, got injured and injured again and injured again.....

-always has to send a fax before dropping the mitt

-slow as hell

-has what? 5 solid hit this year

-finnaly, every time he's on the ice i feel we're shorthanded



yeaa....not of fan of his play this year

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 01:19 PM
  #36
otto bond
Registered User
 
otto bond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,986
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post
because (and its only my opinion here) i think laraque has been freaking horrible this year, i was a fan of him in the past but im done with him

-came to camp out of shape, got injured and injured again and injured again.....

-always has to send a fax before dropping the mitt

-slow as hell

-has what? 5 solid hit this year

-finnaly, every time he's on the ice i feel we're shorthanded



yeaa....not of fan of his play this year

Finnaly the cat is out!100% agree

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 01:20 PM
  #37
lxzred
Registered User
 
lxzred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Victoria
Country: Canada
Posts: 349
vCash: 500
I seam to remember Laraque rushing after the puck in the off zone his last game he played and I was surprised with how fast he was skating (relatively speaking) I think he's finally closer to game shape and will be much more useful down the stretch. But only time will tell

lxzred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 01:25 PM
  #38
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,003
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
These lines suck.. it's Carbo.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 01:27 PM
  #39
Mats NAslund
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 4,169
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
Laraque should never be out of the Line-up. In my book à moé, he's ahead of Bégin, Stewart, Dandenault, Chipchura (unless Chip is used as a center) and is equal to Kostopoulos, because he's better offensivly and is so dominant physicaly that it influence the game.
1. Stewart is much more useful then Laraque. Stewart can actualy skate an ply hockey. On top of being able to fight.

2. Chipchura is 99% of the time going to be used as a C, thus is more useful then Laraque.

3. He's not Kostopoulos's equal...BGL is not a good hockey player and does not skate well. Kostopoulos creates turnovers being forechecking hard, something Laraque can't do because he's an awful skater.

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 01:32 PM
  #40
Mustafa*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 3,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post
because (and its only my opinion here) i think laraque has been freaking horrible this year, i was a fan of him in the past but im done with him

-came to camp out of shape, got injured and injured again and injured again.....

This as yet to be proven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post
-always has to send a fax before dropping the mitt
I don't buy that, a guy like him can't assault other player, he's marked as an enforcer and is so strong that he can easily injured seriously another player. He plays by the book. And a fax by Laraque is more terrifying than a punch by Stewart or Lucic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post
-slow as hell
Since he returned from his injury he was fast enough to win 2 races for the puck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post
-has what? 5 solid hit this year
He gave 36 hits in 25 games, i dont know how many were solid.

I get the point, i mean i know how people dislike George, but i feel most of it is uncalled for.

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 01:34 PM
  #41
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,149
vCash: 500
I really hope Dandy was just taking a therapy day lol

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 01:40 PM
  #42
Mustafa*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 3,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
1. Stewart is much more useful then Laraque. Stewart can actualy skate an ply hockey. On top of being able to fight.

2. Chipchura is 99% of the time going to be used as a C, thus is more useful then Laraque.

3. He's not Kostopoulos's equal...BGL is not a good hockey player and does not skate well. Kostopoulos creates turnovers being forechecking hard, something Laraque can't do because he's an awful skater.
I'm still waiting for Stewart to score a goal in the NHL, something Laraque has been able to do on a regular basis years after years, again Laraque has been more efficient in the NHL than Stewart in the AHL.

Kostopoulos wishes he had Laraque's offensive talent, and even if Laraque is not as speedy as most of the Habs he's still a good skater for a guy his size. Also the way Laraque protects the puck in the offensive zone will give scoring oportunity for the Habs. And Laraque is dominant physicaly, the most dominant player in the league.

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 01:40 PM
  #43
Habs12max
Registered User
 
Habs12max's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 651
vCash: 500
Laraque with a hat trick ; he's gonna throw his hat in the hair and jugle with it

Habs12max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 01:42 PM
  #44
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW
 
Hannibal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,786
vCash: 500
Stewart-Chipchura-Laraque

Now that's a fourth line Carbo!!!!

Hannibal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 01:42 PM
  #45
habs24
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 335
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
Another useless side show !
Flip the channel to TSN2 and watch curling then or something else a little less violent for ya

habs24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 01:54 PM
  #46
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 42,830
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12jf54 View Post
Probably just because we're playing the Flyers
Pretty much my thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
Stewart-Chipchura-Laraque

Now that's a fourth line Carbo!!!!
It's close, just Chipchura... haha He should be on a 3rd line and have a tougher centre there.

Hopefully Carbs plays Halak against the flyers.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 01:57 PM
  #47
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,586
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Pretty much my thoughts.



It's close, just Chipchura... haha He should be on a 3rd line and have a tougher centre there.
Hopefully Carbs plays Halak against the flyers.
did you say chipchura on the 3rd line

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 01:58 PM
  #48
MTL-rules
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
It's close, just Chipchura... haha He should be on a 3rd line and have a tougher centre there.
This team's in trouble if Chipchura is the 3rd center...

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 01:58 PM
  #49
Iwishihadacup
Registered User
 
Iwishihadacup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,713
vCash: 500
Well... prepare to see our team not sticking for themselves boy...

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 02:09 PM
  #50
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant
 
VAN-HAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Port Moody BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,119
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/270017.html

Higgins-Koivu-D'Agostini
Kostitsyn-Plekanec-Kovalev
Pacioretty-Lapierre-Kostopoulos
Laraque Chipchura Stewart
so he should!!!!
welcome back Georges!
Laraque+Stewart

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:43 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.