HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Laraque back in the starting lineup?

Old
02-26-2009, 04:12 PM
BigTimer*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
What the hell are you talking about?..
And you didn't have to translate anything buddy.

Nobody is questioning the fact Laraque is pissed.

People are questioning the fact that the journalist is claiming Carbo is PISSED because Laraque talked to media.
Now, for a coach or player to be stumbling for words, I can understand. But for a JOURNALIST, where COMMUNICATION is key, he should choose his words wisely.

Carbo en colere contre Laraque is a huge statement. Since you like to translate and pretend to know french, then you'll agree this isn't a little innocent title.
A title that, in no way, really reflects the quotes of Carbo. Like I said, disappointment is a better word.

Furthermore, to say his teammateS were disappointed in him when Koivu only said you should keep your problems internally, is a far stretch too.

Nobody is denying the fact Laraque is frustrated. Nobody is saying he shouldn't have said those things to media.
What I and others are saying is that it's NOT a big deal. It was OBVIOUS, now let's move no and talk about HOCKEY.

If you don't watch TQS or RDS, don't read La Presse or JDM, then don't defend the Media because you're speaking without knowledge.

On 110% yesterday, to show you how ridiculous the media has gotten, Mr.Pagé said it's disrespectful that Laraque and Kovy call their coach Carbo. He'd prefer to hear them call him..''Guy'' or ''Coach''..
This sums up how crappy it is now.

Also, why are journalists going over to Laraque to ask him if he's happy about his situation. Once they get the obvious answer, they turn it into some story/controversy.
Why not go talk to Halak about his great game?
Why not talk to Plek about his hot streak?
Why not talk to MaxPac about his stay with the team?
Why not talk about the PP or Schneider?
Why not talk about the Habs system?

Why do we go for the easy cheap drama story?..Because it sells more. Simple.
JDM, TQS, RDS, and even LaPresse are in no way representative of the media. They cater to a certain viewer/reader and I don't fall into the category so I don't waste my time with it.

That's why I brought up TSN and Sportsnet's (or do you need that to be translated as well) segment and subsequent panel discussion on Laraque's comments. The part that you're ignoring is that the real hockey media acknowledged it as a story, and basically all agreed that Laraque spouting off at the mouth is a terrible situation for the Habs because the team is fragile, Georges is grumpy, and with his play/contract he is practically un-tradeable and with a no-movement clause he can't be sent to the minors so he's stuck here.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 04:22 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by visorwearinghockey View Post
JDM, TQS, RDS, and even LaPresse are in no way representative of the media. They cater to a certain viewer/reader and I don't fall into the category so I don't waste my time with it.

That's why I brought up TSN and Sportsnet's (or do you need that to be translated as well) segment and subsequent panel discussion on Laraque's comments. The part that you're ignoring is that the real hockey media acknowledged it as a story, and basically all agreed that Laraque spouting off at the mouth is a terrible situation for the Habs because the team is fragile, Georges is grumpy, and with his play/contract he is practically un-tradeable and with a no-movement clause he can't be sent to the minors so he's stuck here.
How so?..
They are the local french Media. Maybe to you they don't represent the Media, but over here in MTL for french people, they're it.

Furthermore, TSN&Sportsnet are reporting this after the local media (RDS) reported it.

Like I said, nobody is going to deny talking about this to the media was a stupid move. We all agree on that.

What I'm saying is that article, precisely written by Marc-Antoine Godin for cyberpresse is a bad one and misleading because he's trying to make it seem as if Carbo is ANGRY at Laraque and that his teammates were let down by his comments, which isn't true.

If you don't listen, read or watch any of the local papers, then I don't know what you're arguing with me about really.

Yes, Laraque should have kept his mouth shut, okay.
That being said, the way the local media spins it as a big drama story is ridiculous.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 04:27 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
How so?..
They are the local french Media. Maybe to you they don't represent the Media, but over here in MTL for french people, they're it.

Furthermore, TSN&Sportsnet are reporting this after the local media (RDS) reported it.

Like I said, nobody is going to deny talking about this to the media was a stupid move. We all agree on that.

What I'm saying is that article, precisely written by Marc-Antoine Godin for cyberpresse is a bad one and misleading because he's trying to make it seem as if Carbo is ANGRY at Laraque and that his teammates were let down by his comments, which isn't true.

If you don't listen, read or watch any of the local papers, then I don't know what you're arguing with me about really.

Yes, Laraque should have kept his mouth shut, okay.
That being said, the way the local media spins it as a big drama story is ridiculous.
1. TSN and Sportsnet had their own powwow with Georges in English.

2. There's no way you can say with 100% certainty that Carbo isn't pissed at Georges and that the team isn't let down by Georges comments. I'm not saying with 100% certainty that they are, but to simply dismiss it is ridiculously naive.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote