HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Pronger and Boston

Old
02-26-2009, 06:32 PM
Nikita Filatov*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Nikita Filatov*
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
I don't know why Anaheim wants Bergeron. The western conf. play physical hockey and Bergeron is only one hit away from suffering season/career ending. If Boston want Pronger then prepare to lose at least Kessel or Krejci or Lucic. If I remember correctly Anaheim lost Lupul, Smid, one 1st round, one conditional 1st round (which was met), and either 2/3 rounder.
Krejci is so superior to Kessel and Lucic, I don't see why he's lumped in with them.... And I don't see why Bergeron is not, when he's the best player of the 4.

Nikita Filatov* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 06:35 PM
bigbadbruins1

Quote:
I don't know why Anaheim wants Bergeron. The western conf. play physical hockey and Bergeron is only one hit away from suffering season/career ending. If Boston want Pronger then prepare to lose at least Kessel or Krejci or Lucic. If I remember correctly Anaheim lost Lupul, Smid, one 1st round, one conditional 1st round (which was met), and either 2/3 rounder to get Pronger.
they wont move krejci, lucic, or kessel. They are the up and coming stars of the team, and if chiarelli moves any of them it would be kessel, and that is a longshot. I feel like Anaheim would take a roster player(to fill the kunitz spot) two A/B prospects( colboune, hamill, lashoff, etc) and a first rounder.

bigbadbruins1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 06:43 PM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadbruins1 View Post
they wont move krejci, lucic, or kessel. They are the up and coming stars of the team, and if chiarelli moves any of them it would be kessel, and that is a longshot. I feel like Anaheim would take a roster player(to fill the kunitz spot) two A/B prospects( colboune, hamill, lashoff, etc) and a first rounder.
If I was Boston's GM, I will try to get Pronger service even if I have to overpay. With Chara and Pronger on defense, it's almost impossible to get to Thomas. Just the thought of facing these two towers make me have a headache.

JustAHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 06:46 PM
bigbadbruins1

but look at what happened when the kessel-savard-lucic line was reunited when ryder came back to reunite with krejci and wheeler.
all of a sudden they dominate the panthers, and are one upping Anahiem right now.
Not to mention when the lines were split we went 1-5-2 ( or something similar)
so Bruins should say a no to trading any player on our top two lines.

Old
02-26-2009, 06:51 PM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
but look at what happened when the kessel-savard-lucic line was reunited when ryder came back to reunite with krejci and wheeler.
all of a sudden they dominate the panthers, and are one upping Anahiem right now.
Not to mention when the lines were split we went 1-5-2 ( or something similar)
so Bruins should say a no to trading any player on our top two lines.
Your team is very good now but they will not be able to face the top team from the West: San Jose, Detroit. Getting Pronger will help. Without losing one player from the top 6, you may not get Pronger.

Old
02-26-2009, 06:54 PM
bigbadbruins1

Quote:
Your team is very good now but they will not be able to face the top team from the West: San Jose, Detroit. Getting Pronger will help. Without losing one player from the top 6, you may not get Pronger.
then we take leopold. Pronger is not worth screwing up our team. As great a tandem chara/ pronger could be, its not worth messing up our entire offense.

Old
02-26-2009, 07:02 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
If I was Boston's GM, I will try to get Pronger service even if I have to overpay. With Chara and Pronger on defense, it's almost impossible to get to Thomas. Just the thought of facing these two towers make me have a headache.
I agree.

Old pilots' saying: When you see blue sky, you go for it.

Bonafide contenders go for it. In the old NHL, you could count on a good team staying good for years. If the last three post-lockout seasons have taugh us anything, when you can go for it, go for it. For unless you are Detroit, your time at the very top is fleeting (see: Carolina, Edmonton, Ottawa, Anaheim, Pittsburgh). Assuming otherwise is misguided in the day and age of the cap.

Add Pronger to NJD, Boston, Washington or Philly (especially) or the Habs, and that team goes right to the top of the line in the East heading into the playoffs, IMO.

I think each of these teams have enough young assets to consider, should they choose to. As such, "if" Pronger is on the market, I'd expect a major bidding war.

Of course there are no gurantees, and of course it will cost significantly in the way of futures.

Trottier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 07:12 PM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier View Post
I agree.

Add Pronger to NJD, Boston, Washington or Philly (especially) or the Habs, and that team goes right to the top of the line in the East heading into the playoffs, IMO.

I think each of these teams have enough young assets to consider, should they choose to. As such, "if" Pronger is on the market, I'd expect a major bidding war.

Of course there are no gurantees, and of course it will cost significantly in the way of futures.
Only NJD and Boston have the chance to get out of the East if they acquire Pronger. The Habs does not have enough grit to go far. The Caps have weakness on both defense and goalie. The Flyers still do not have elite goaltending.

Old
02-26-2009, 07:22 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
Only NJD and Boston have the chance to get out of the East if they acquire Pronger. The Habs does not have enough grit to go far. The Caps have weakness on both defense and goalie. The Flyers still do not have elite goaltending.
Your opinion, which I respect. Mine differs, based on my personal observation of watching countless postseasons.

I consider Boston and NJD the favorites in the East. All three other teams mentioned should not be dicounted out of hand, however.

Old
02-26-2009, 07:32 PM
Garry Valk

the rumour is for Kessel. Posted at The Drive for Twenty Five and NESN.

Garry Valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 07:37 PM
Nikita Filatov*

Pronger for Kess I'd do.

Boston may have some trouble scoring goals, but that D would be disgusting for at least 2 years.

Old
02-26-2009, 07:44 PM
bigbadbruins1

nope. the way we a crushing Ana right now I wouldn't trade anyone.

Old
02-26-2009, 07:44 PM
Wildcarder

*********** also posted that Boston may be interested in moving Kessel if they can land a Kaberle or Pronger.

Kessel, Lashoff, 1st for Pronger?

Wildcarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 07:47 PM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Anaheim is a non playoff team from the West. If you can crush San Jose/Detroit then it will be a different story.

Old
02-26-2009, 07:48 PM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcarder View Post
*********** also posted that Boston may be interested in moving Kessel if they can land a Kaberle or Pronger.

Kessel, Lashoff, 1st for Pronger?
This can only get you Kaberle.

Old
02-26-2009, 07:48 PM
bigbadbruins1

well be beat detriot 4-1 when we played them. ya we lost to SJ, but we also didnt have ryder in two complete the top to lines. I'd like to see a rematch now.

Old
02-26-2009, 07:49 PM
Nikita Filatov*

Quote:
You'd be very hardpressed to find any Bruins fans willing to give Kessel straight up for Kaberle. Adding Lashoff and a 1st makes me laugh. Very, very hard.

Old
02-26-2009, 07:52 PM
bigbadbruins1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikita Filatov View Post
You'd be very hardpressed to find any Bruins fans willing to give Kessel straight up for Kaberle. Adding Lashoff and a 1st makes me laugh. Very, very hard.
I agree completely. that is laughable from a boston perspective.

Old
02-26-2009, 07:53 PM
bolt thrower
Danke Bomber Harris!

vCash: 50
Quote:

bolt thrower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 07:57 PM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
We will see. Pronger will probably be traded and we will see what kind of a return Anaheim will get. I doubt that your package will return Pronger. Brian Burke has said that Kaberle will only be traded if the other team offer: roster player (Kessel may be a very good roster player) + top prospect (I don't think Lashoff is your top prospect) + 1st round pick (your 1st round pick is more like a high 2nd round pick). This package is very similar to what the Leafs is looking for.

Old
02-26-2009, 08:00 PM
Nikita Filatov*

Quote:
We will see. Pronger will probably be traded and we will see what kind of a return Anaheim will get. I doubt that your package will return Pronger. Brian Burke has said that Kaberle will only be traded if the other team offer: roster player (Kessel may be a very good roster player) + top prospect (I don't think Lashoff is your top prospect) + 1st round pick (your 1st round pick is more like a high 2nd round pick). This package is very similar to what the Leafs is looking for.
That package may not get Pronger, but it sure as hell will be able to get more than Kaberle.

Old
02-26-2009, 08:05 PM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
That package may not get Pronger, but it sure as hell will be able to get more than Kaberle.
You may be right. It probably will be Kaberle + some average prospect or low draft pick (3/4 rounder).

Old
02-26-2009, 08:15 PM
caliamad

I think the competition to get Pronger's services will drive up his value. No one in the east will want another team to get him because he'll whatever balance there is right now.

And keep in mind, he's signed through next season, so there is no rush to trade him. Murray has the opportunity to wait 1 full year to unload him, so he can afford to be patient.

Niedermayer is another issue because no one knows if he'll return next year and even if he does, will he re-sign with the ducks. However, I think management feels loyalty to not trade him.

caliamad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 08:22 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
So if you were losing tonight, you would consider making a trade?

Unwise logic, to be kind.

If the Bs were to move Kessel, they'd be trading a major (core) piece of their success this season. No way that happens.

Their offer would be some combination of top picks, Hamill, Colborne, Hunswick, Lashoff, pehaps Stuart or Wheeler. Not saying they should or would move those players but that is what it would take to get an elite dman of Pronger's pedigree.

Last edited by Trottier: 02-26-2009 at 08:31 PM.
Old
02-26-2009, 08:23 PM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier View Post
I agree.

Old pilots' saying: When you see blue sky, you go for it.

Bonafide contenders go for it. In the old NHL, you could count on a good team staying good for years. If the last three post-lockout seasons have taugh us anything, when you can go for it, go for it. For unless you are Detroit, your time at the very top is fleeting (see: Carolina, Edmonton, Ottawa, Anaheim, Pittsburgh). Assuming otherwise is misguided in the day and age of the cap.

I agree. I can also see a bidding war beginning with teams in the East that just want to keep Pronger away from Boston. The Ducks can get a very good return for Pronger. Maybe more than the Ducks gave up to get him from the Oilers.

The French Canadian rule: Read about it, go to bed smarter.

http://ultimatehockeynetwork.com/the...-or-fiction-2/
loadie is offline   Reply With Quote