HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Lalime To Start; Vanek Next Week

Old
02-26-2009, 12:06 PM
BrodieBruce

vCash: 500
Lalime To Start; Vanek Next Week

Raleigh, NC (WGR 550) -- The Sabres will have veteran goalie Patrick Lalime as their starting goaltender for tonight's game in Carolina against the Hurricanes. Lalime was battling flu-like symptoms yesterday, but felt better today. Lalime did practice with the team this afteroon. Lindy Ruff said he ran a longer 45 minute practice on purpose so his goaltender could test himself.

The scratches for tonight are the same as Tuesday; Teppo Numminen, Nathan Paetsch and Andrew Peters.

Head Coach Lindy Ruff says that he expects Thomas Vanek back in the line-up by next week. Vanek is recovering from a broken jaw. The jaw is no longer wired shut and Vanek has been skating. Vanek said she's in better condition than he thought he'd be after no activity in the beginning. The All Star winger will give a more in depth update on the Sabres pregame show with Schopp and the Bulldog beginning at 6.

The 9th place Hurricanes are just one point behind the Sabres and Florida in the East. Carolina has won four of six games starting with its 3-0 win on February 15th in Buffalo.

One of the hotter Hurricanes tonight is Ray Whitney who has a goal and six assists in his last five games.

For those of you that came to the Marina to see the Portland game, the Albany player that pulled Nathan Gerbe to center ice and continuously punched the rookie senseless only to get a two minute roughing penalty is up with Carolina. The River Rats captain, defenseman Tim Conboy has been playing wing with the Hurricanes. Conboy received a four game suspension for his gutless act on Gerbe.

BrodieBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 12:08 PM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Meh on Lalime. I was going to rearrange my schedule to watch Jhonas' first start, but I guess I won't bother.

Good to hear that Vanek's close to returning. He's a warrior.

BackGroundMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 12:10 PM
vcv
Deal with it

Send a message via AIM to vcv
I didn't know Tim Conboy was suspended. Glad to hear. Hopefully he gets some loving from Pat Kaleta tonight.

vcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 12:11 PM
Penalty Killa
glitter skates

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodieBruce View Post
Raleigh, NC (WGR 550) -- The Sabres will have veteran goalie Patrick Lalime as their starting goaltender for tonight's game in Carolina against the Hurricanes. Lalime was battling flu-like symptoms yesterday, but felt better today. Lalime did practice with the team this afteroon. Lindy Ruff said he ran a longer 45 minute practice on purpose so his goaltender could test himself.

The scratches for tonight are the same as Tuesday; Teppo Numminen, Nathan Paetsch and Andrew Peters.

Head Coach Lindy Ruff says that he expects Thomas Vanek back in the line-up by next week. Vanek is recovering from a broken jaw. The jaw is no longer wired shut and Vanek has been skating. Vanek said she's in better condition than he thought he'd be after no activity in the beginning. The All Star winger will give a more in depth update on the Sabres pregame show with Schopp and the Bulldog beginning at 6.

The 9th place Hurricanes are just one point behind the Sabres and Florida in the East. Carolina has won four of six games starting with its 3-0 win on February 15th in Buffalo.

One of the hotter Hurricanes tonight is Ray Whitney who has a goal and six assists in his last five games.

For those of you that came to the Marina to see the Portland game, the Albany player that pulled Nathan Gerbe to center ice and continuously punched the rookie senseless only to get a two minute roughing penalty is up with Carolina. The River Rats captain, defenseman Tim Conboy has been playing wing with the Hurricanes. Conboy received a four game suspension for his gutless act on Gerbe.

i'm on board with another lalime start. all those OMG ENROTH IS STARTING threads gone to waste.

and i love that Vanek thinks SHE is in better condition than HE thought. i giggled.

Penalty Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 12:13 PM
BrodieBruce

perhaps his jaw is just female

BrodieBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 12:18 PM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodieBruce View Post
perhaps his jaw is just female
Hmmm.....

BackGroundMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 12:19 PM
sba

Send a message via AIM to sba
Quote:
Originally Posted by BikeGiftingMan View Post
I was going to rearrange my schedule to watch Jhonas' first start, but I guess I won't bother.
Me too.

sba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 02:45 PM
EndlessNameless9319

Send a message via MSN to EndlessNameless9319
Weeeeakkkkkkkkkk. Vanek news is good. Really wanted to see Enroth play.... Our team just epic fails around Lalime...

EndlessNameless9319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 03:28 PM
GlueleG

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresKings2611 View Post
Weeeeakkkkkkkkkk. Vanek news is good. Really wanted to see Enroth play.... Our team just epic fails around Lalime...
What a letdown ... I was really excited about seeing Enroth play. Hopefully he's not too bummed out about it.

GlueleG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 03:42 PM
Leo W

vCash: 50
Lameee, I expected to see Jhonas.

Leo W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 04:11 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penalty Killa View Post
i'm on board with another lalime start. all those OMG ENROTH IS STARTING threads gone to waste.

and i love that Vanek thinks SHE is in better condition than HE thought. i giggled.
That confirms it. Vanek is indeed really Hayley Wickenheiser.

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 04:14 PM
mmfs*

you've got it all wrong, wickenheiser looks like a man.

mmfs* is offline   Reply With Quote