HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Make a move Columbus! Jokinen - Filatov

Old
02-26-2009, 10:19 PM
Chea*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by morecannon View Post
More significant...LOL. Never thought about whether I was significant!
Well for example the Hab fanbase has a rather larger voice than the Atlanta Thrasher fanbase.

Chea* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 10:36 PM
Lux Aurumque*

Jokinen is so overrated that it's disgusting. He's certainly NOT worth Filatov.

Lux Aurumque* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 01:27 AM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz View Post
Would you trade Turris for Briere? Didn't think so. I'm for trading Filatov for JBo, Spezza, Kaberle even Jordan Staal, but not for someone like Jokinen. I'm sorry that hurts your feelings, but the other players listed are in a different class and are the ilk of players I would trade Filatov for.
Briere has a huge contract and is injury prone but for the sake of argument, I'll pretend your comparison isn't retarded. No I wouldn't trade Turris for Briere but I also wouldn't be stupid enough to say trading Turris for Briere is "laughable at best".

Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 01:31 AM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux Aurumque View Post
Jokinen is so overrated that it's disgusting. He's certainly NOT worth Filatov.

Old
02-27-2009, 01:34 AM
hashmarks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
Which part are you laughing at.

Dude, if you seriously think that Jokinen is worth Filatov, you are just embarrassing yourself.

hashmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 02:06 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Sheesh. I spend some time away due to illness and garbage like this pops up.

If y'all are counting on Howson to be the major source of mover-and-shaker excitement during the deadline, there's going to be some real disappointment around here come March 5th.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 02:29 AM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashmarks View Post
Which part are you laughing at.

Dude, if you seriously think that Jokinen is worth Filatov, you are just embarrassing yourself.
lol...stop it you're killing me!!

Old
02-27-2009, 07:48 AM
Skraut

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
The biggest mistake Columbus could make would be to blow a top-prospect just because it's their first time in the playoffs.

Keep Filatov. Come back next year when you guys are that much better.
Thank you, that is exactly what Columbus needs to do.

But wait, I just suggested that the Jackets don't trade a prospect.

That makes me a Prospect-Overrator

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 10:50 AM
hashmarks

Quote:
lol...stop it you're killing me!!
Great contributions, btw.

Old
02-27-2009, 10:58 AM
X0ssbar

Quote:
Are you laughing at the fact that your team basically gave away Ballard for 5 months worth of Jokinen?

I think I'd be if I were you.

X0ssbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 11:11 AM
Alberta Yote
Owns the Yotes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf View Post
Are you laughing at the fact that your team basically gave away Ballard for 5 months worth of Jokinen?

I think I'd be if I were you.
Gave away? How do you figure? The Coyotes still have Jokinen.

Alberta Yote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 12:29 PM
X0ssbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Yote View Post
Gave away? How do you figure? The Coyotes still have Jokinen.
..yes...and they already are trying to trade him. What does that tell you about Jokinen?

Old
02-27-2009, 12:41 PM
indczn

Quote:
..yes...and they already are trying to trade him. What does that tell you about Jokinen?
that he doesn't like golfing.

indczn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 12:51 PM
Alberta Yote
Owns the Yotes

Quote:
That it may not be working out as expected even though he is the second highest scorer on the team. It sure doesn't tell me the team gave away Ballard as you claim.

Maybe you should wait to see if Jokinen is actually traded and what the return is before you make goofy statements like that one.

Old
02-27-2009, 01:07 PM
hashmarks

Quote:
That it may not be working out as expected even though he is the second highest scorer on the team. It sure doesn't tell me the team gave away Ballard as you claim.

Maybe you should wait to see if Jokinen is actually traded and what the return is before you make goofy statements like that one.
YOU of all people are talking about people making goofy statements? Now THAT is a laugh.

Last edited by hashmarks: 02-27-2009 at 01:28 PM.
Old
02-27-2009, 01:09 PM
Alberta Yote
Owns the Yotes

Quote:
YOU of all people are talking about people making goofy statements. Now THAT is a laugh.
You'll have to be more specific so I can respond. Do you have a link? Pics maybe?

Old
02-27-2009, 01:27 PM
Rimers stache

IDK if this has been said but it would be the same as saying, Kyle Turris for Umberger

Rimers stache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 01:30 PM
Alberta Yote
Owns the Yotes

Quote:
Originally Posted by clima08 View Post
IDK if this has been said but it would be the same as saying, Kyle Turris for Umberger
Not really, while the value if Olli's play of late is certainly up for debate Umberger has never shown the abilities Jokinen has.

I do want to go on record though to say that there is no way CBJ's would or should think that Filatov for Jokinen is a deal worth it for them to make in their situation. It also wasn't a Coyotes' fan that proposed it.

Old
02-27-2009, 01:34 PM
hashmarks

Quote:
Not really, while the value if Olli's play of late is certainly up for debate Umberger has never shown the abilities Jokinen has.
Yes it is. The past is the past. Olli has only proved he was a good player on a bad team. There are loads of players who do that.

Quote:
I do want to go on record though to say that there is no way CBJ's would or should think that Filatov for Jokinen is a deal worth it for them to make in their situation. It also wasn't a Coyotes' fan that proposed it.
First sensible thing you have said.

Old
02-27-2009, 01:38 PM
Alberta Yote
Owns the Yotes

Quote:
Yes it is. The past is the past. Olli has only proved he was a good player on a bad team. There are loads of players who do that.

First sensible thing you have said.
Again, please show me the non-sensible things I've said. Are you confusing me with someone else?

Now do you really want to compare Jokinen to Umberger? He of the half a point per game career average and 50 point career season? Or maybe his 5 career playoff games and single point show that he's a good player on good teams?

Old
02-27-2009, 01:48 PM
X0ssbar

Quote:

Lets see....

Makes 5.2 mil for a center that puts up points who also has year left on his contract. A decent value by today's standards for a center who just hit 30.

Get traded from Florida.. a team which never experienced the playoffs with him as their offensive center piece. Returns Keith Ballard and Nick Boyton. Ballards signs 4 year extension w/ Florida.

Florida now looking pretty good for a playoff birth.

5 months later Phoenix looking to trade newly acquired center who is 2nd highest scorer on the team. Why? Big scoring centers in their primes rarely get moved in this league -- now it could happen twice in less than a year for Jokinen? Perhaps there is a more to this story than points?

We'll see.

Folks think he'll return a Filatov type propsect? Not a chance. I don't think he'll return a Ballard type d-man either. Too many red flags.

That's what I think. What do you think he'll return and then we'll see whose goofier?

Old
02-27-2009, 01:52 PM
Alberta Yote
Owns the Yotes

I said your comment that they "gave away Ballard for five months of Jokinen" was goofy. They still have Jokinen so the five months is wrong. If they trade him they get something back for him so the comment is also wrong.

What will he get back? I'm not sure, I agree it won't be a guy of Filatov's promise from a team that is building with youth. I would expect that if it isn't a deal that close to parallels what they gave up Maloney won't pull the trigger on it. He doesn't have to with Jokinen still under contract for next year and I'd guess his ego wouldn't allow him to take much less than he gave up less than a year after he made the original deal.

Old
02-27-2009, 02:03 PM
X0ssbar

Quote:
I said your comment that they "gave away Ballard for five months of Jokinen" was goofy. They still have Jokinen so the five months is wrong. If they trade him they get something back for him so the comment is also wrong.
Apparently I must be very literal with you.

If the Coyotes trade Jokinen at the deadline I expect they will have given him away because I belive that his return will not be greater than what they gave up to obtain him in Keith Ballard.

Is that clear enough? Or do you still want to play childish games because I know you got my point clear enough the first time.

You don't agree with it. Hey its a message board and that happens.

Quote:
What will he get back? I'm not sure, I agree it won't be a guy of Filatov's promise from a team that is building with youth. I would expect that if it isn't a deal that close to parallels what they gave up Maloney won't pull the trigger on it. He doesn't have to with Jokinen still under contract for next year and I'd guess his ego wouldn't allow him to take much less than he gave up less than a year after he made the original deal.
Way to dance around the question and put yourself out there although I didn't realize Maloney would let his ego get in the way of a trade. Good insight.

Old
02-27-2009, 02:11 PM
TPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poignant Discussion View Post
LMFAO

So Columbus are overrating prospects because they don't think Mr. " I have never made the playoffs even once ever" Olli Jokinen will lead them to the promised land. Not to mention we are talking a 6th overall pick from last draft

Would you trade Mikkel Boedker for Kubina?

Kubina is better than Joki and Filtov is better than Boedker so by your logic...you would do this deal.

Please warm up the fax
You're an idiot. How in the hell do you measure that Kubina (D-Man) is better than Jokinen (Center)? Please explain your reasoning behind your logic...

TPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 02:13 PM
X0ssbar

Quote:
Or maybe his 5 career playoff games and single point show that he's a good player on good teams?
5 career playoff games?

We talkin about the same Umberger.. you know that one that played in 17 playoffs games alone last year and racked up 10g, 5a for 15p.

Need to scroll up on that stat sheet bud.