HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Blues may not be sellers this time at deadline

Old
03-02-2009, 03:35 AM
Robb_K

vCash: 500
Tkachuk thinks The Blues have a reasonable chance, and , therefore, won't likely waive his NTC. He did a big favour for The Blues by waiving his previous NTC to go to Atlanta, and re-sign later. The Blues can't ask him to do that again, especially when there is a chance the team could make it in, and play decently.

I'll be shocked if Tkachuk is traded now.

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2009, 09:52 AM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 714
I had a dream the Blues worked some 3-way trade and ended up with Pikka Renne, but gave up Backes and some prospects or picks (it was a dream, the details were hazy). I think Washington was the 3rd team involved, and I can't remember how.

2 Minute Minor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2009, 10:16 AM
TerminatorBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb_K View Post
Tkachuk thinks The Blues have a reasonable chance, and , therefore, won't likely waive his NTC. He did a big favour for The Blues by waiving his previous NTC to go to Atlanta, and re-sign later. The Blues can't ask him to do that again, especially when there is a chance the team could make it in, and play decently.

I agree with Robb, Tkachuk did us a favor letting us trade him before I can't see them asking him to do it again and even if they did he wouldn't do it unless he wanted to go to a legitimate cup contender.

We are lucky Tkachuk,Weight could of said no like Mats Sundin and the rest of the Maple Leafs did.That would of set us back.

TerminatorBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2009, 12:32 PM
TrustInJarmo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb_K View Post

The Blues gave over 60 Million "favors" to Tkachuk over his 7+ years here.

I think Tkachuk still owes St. Louis AND the Blues for the crazy contract that he received in compensation.

Especailly with KT being one of the highest paid players in the entire NHL at the time with his $40 Million 4 year contract...only to do not much at all in the playoffs for OUR Blues!

I could care less if KT had to play 2 months in "Atlanta".

It's not like we sent him to a 3rd world country. He had a shot in the playoffs.

You know how many people in this economy are moving and relocating to save there jobs right now....

I don't want to hear the Blues owe KT ANYTHING!

TrustInJarmo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2009, 12:50 PM
ChicagoBlues

Regarding KT: How is 25 points in 37 playoff games indicative of choking? He could have scored more, but these numbers do not scream "choke".

ChicagoBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2009, 12:54 PM
Robb_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoBlues View Post
Regarding KT: How is 25 points in 37 playoff games indicative of choking? He could have scored more, but these numbers do not scream "choke".
The playoffs have less scoring than the regular season, due to more intense defence. So, 25 points in 37 games isn't all that terrible.

Last edited by Robb_K: 03-03-2009 at 10:02 PM.
Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2009, 12:55 PM
barnburner

Quote:
Very true. Consider his years with Demitra on his line.
In the playoffs Demitra became a "don't give me the puck" perimeter player, leaving Walt on his own to try and score.
If Walt choked - it was Demitra that had his hands around his neck.

barnburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2009, 02:37 PM
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustInJarmo View Post

The Blues gave over 60 Million "favors" to Tkachuk over his 7+ years here.

I think Tkachuk still owes St. Louis AND the Blues for the crazy contract that he received in compensation.

Especailly with KT being one of the highest paid players in the entire NHL at the time with his $40 Million 4 year contract...only to do not much at all in the playoffs for OUR Blues!

I could care less if KT had to play 2 months in "Atlanta".

It's not like we sent him to a 3rd world country. He had a shot in the playoffs.

You know how many people in this economy are moving and relocating to save there jobs right now....

I don't want to hear the Blues owe KT ANYTHING!
I don't think anybody really cares what you want to hear. The Blues owe KT what remains on his contract. KT has a NTC so that pretty much is the end of discussion.

WalterSobchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2009, 05:23 PM
The Old Master

the espn article has the pens scouting the blues.......what does pgh. have that they "would be willing to trade" that the blues would want?

The Old Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2009, 05:27 PM
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Master View Post
the espn article has the pens scouting the blues.......what does pgh. have that they would be willing to trade that the blues would want?
it has the pens scouting the blues. Shouldn't your question be what is it that the Blues have the the Pens want that Pittsburgh is willing to trade for?

Old
03-02-2009, 05:33 PM
The Old Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterSobchak View Post
it has the pens scouting the blues. Shouldn't your question be what is it that the Blues have the the Pens want that Pittsburgh is willing to trade for?
that may be true, but it takes two to dance.....i just don't see us as trading partners.:

The Old Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2009, 09:24 PM
ChicagoBlues

Quote:
KT also has 382 points in 457 regular-season games played for the Blues. So, in 494 total games played (regular season and playoffs) for the St. Louis Blues, Keith Tkachuk has 407 points.

This is hardly a choke job. In fact, these numbers are pretty damned good.

What this boils down to is that, on average, KT has scored at least one point in over 82% of the games in which he's played. That's pretty awesome!

Gee........calculators are cool!

Old
03-03-2009, 01:16 PM
ChicagoBlues

Satan on Waivers

Anybody here think he'd fit well?

We would not have to give any players to get him, just pay the rest of his salary, which would be ~$800k. And his contract expires at the end of the season.

Also Brendan Morrison is on waivers too.

Old
03-03-2009, 01:23 PM
Stealth JD
Drexel's dead!!!

I don't want any teams' waiver fodder. No to Satan. No to Morrison. No to Roberts. Our own players are better alternatives than these guys.

Stealth JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 01:27 PM
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol

the question is, do any of these players address a need for this team? I really only think Roberts would be valuable to the team as a leader/play-off performer. At that point I think we need to move Hinote first.

Old
03-03-2009, 01:38 PM
Mike6749

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterSobchak View Post
I'd say we inquired about Ryan Whitney but JD wasn't willing to give up what they asked for. Kunitz's 38 points this year is comparable to Berglund's, Backes', or Perron's production this year.

Mike6749 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 04:39 PM
STL Fan

[QUOTE=ChicagoBlues;18304832]Anybody here think he'd fit well?

We would not have to give any players to get him, just pay the rest of his salary, which would be ~$800k. And his contract expires at the end of the season.

Any problems in Pitt other than just not producing like they would like? I think the fit would be ok, I think that the locker room is pretty strong. I read where he has 17 goals and 19 assists in 65 games. He might add some more scoring to the 3rd line?

Thoughts?

STL Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 04:51 PM
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by STL Fan View Post

Any problems in Pitt other than just not producing like they would like? I think the fit would be ok, I think that the locker room is pretty strong. I read where he has 17 goals and 19 assists in 65 games. He might add some more scoring to the 3rd line?

Thoughts?
I'd like Satan in St. Louis. We could push Winchester back down to Earth and the third line where he belongs.

Randall Ritchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 11:40 AM
ChicagoBlues

According to Hockey Buzz, Satan cleared waivers.

Old
03-04-2009, 12:52 PM
MissouriBlues2008

http://www.stltoday.com/blogzone/mor...uk-heads-home/

http://www.stltoday.com/blogzone/mor...turns-to-rink/

I've got a sinking feeling.

MissouriBlues2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 01:07 PM
Checker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissouriBlues2008 View Post
Not bad depending on what is coming back. If this is another Salvador for Janssen trade where we pretty much just accept any crap coming back, I hate it. If the Blues playing hardball and not wanting to move Tkachuk led to a team overpaying for him, then so be it. Can't wait to see what's left under the tree.

Checker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 01:13 PM
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues

vCash: 50
If he is dealt, it better be damn good.

Randall Ritchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 01:24 PM
MissouriBlues2008

Deal may be in the works for Tkachuk

"Deal may be close to being finalized for Tkachuk"
-Andy Strickland
Comments [0]

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/

Guerin was traded for a 5th round pick. We had better get more than that.

MissouriBlues2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 07:57 PM
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol

well I am incredibly glad I didn't take the day off of work for that.

Old
03-04-2009, 08:13 PM
concept*

Same here. I'm grossly disappointed. I didn't expect Tkachuk to be moved. I didn't even expect any major moves. But I expected maybe a player to help us into the playoffs. Antropov goes for a 2nd rounder. We couldn't match that? Tellqvist goes for a 4th rounder. We couldn't up it? Both of those moves would have gone a long ways towards seeing if we can make a playoff push.

This deadline, to me, means management doesn't care if we get in. They played it safe. If we get in, it makes them look good. If not, "Oh well, we tried. It was a long short." No real effort put towards this team for the playoff push.

Very disappointed.

concept* is offline   Reply With Quote