Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade-Deadline: All pre-deadline speculations, proposals and rumors go here

Old
02-21-2009, 05:29 PM
bigblue66

vCash: 500
proposal: Bos-Calg

Mod-edit: It is this time of the year again and with numerous threads dealing virtually with the same topic, I decided to merge all of them and create a sticky which covers all speculations, proposals and rumors related to the upcoming trade-deadline.

To Bos: Lombardi, Sarich, Chucko, 2nd/3rd
To Calg: Bergeron, Ferrence

Why Boston does this?
- Correct me if I am wrong (and I know most people on here LOVE to do this), but Bergeron has been relegated to 3rd line center status with the emergence of Krejci.
- Boston shed some salary while getting a very solid 3rd line center who is signed through next year.
- Boston gets their shut down d-man they want for the playoffs who is signed long term.
- Boston gets a solid propect
- I did not include a 1st rounder b/c Calgary never trades them and Bergeron is somewhat of a health risk.

Why Calgary does this?
- Calgary gets a young top line centerman who ,if healthy, becomes that 1st line centerman we have been looking for and who is signed for a couple more years.
- Calgary gets back a locker room favourite and a pretty solid d-man.
- Calgary has enough depth at the 3rd line center position
- take on $0.75 mill in cap so is affordable this year.

Next year, Calgary may have to face the fact that they may have to trade Langkow. He is one of my favourite players, but they need his cap space for more things other than a solid second line centerman (ie. resign Cammy and someone to play with Phaneuf). We also have this Backlund fella who will be getting a very long look for 2nd line centerman duties next year.

Fan or Flame...........

Last edited by Snoil11: 02-27-2009 at 06:34 AM.
bigblue66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 05:33 PM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

vCash: 150
First off, why in hell would we have to trade Langkow? If it comes down to Cammalleri, or Langkow, Cammalleri is gone.

Bergeron hasn't really been the same at all since the injury which is a shame.

I also quite like Sarich. He has the most timely hits I've ever seen.

I Hate Chris Butler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 05:37 PM
cross16

Doesn't make much sense for Boston. They don't need a stay at home dman, they need/want another puck mover and woudln't be saving any money. They shed just over 6, and take on just over 5 mill and don't really get any better.

If would make more sense for Boston to trade Savard. Older, UFA next year, and likely could net more return.

cross16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 06:10 PM
Lunatik*

No. Sarich is too valuable to the Flames right now especially with Aucoin being a pending UFA... and the Flames really have no need for Ference since we have his clone in Giordano at 2/3 of the cap hit

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 06:45 PM
The Gaud Father

vCash: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
No. Sarich is too valuable to the Flames right now especially with Aucoin being a pending UFA... and the Flames really have no need for Ference since we have his clone in Giordano at 2/3 of the cap hit
^^^^^

The Gaud Father is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 07:02 PM
GoFlames

Huh? Well it would be great to have Ference back but to give up Sarich... no nway IMO. Sarich has elevated his play to unseen levels and his 3.5ish cap hit is a steal with his strong play. Keep Sarich and use Vandermeer or Aucoin (team wanting a rental D man) or Lombardi to land pieces. I do not see LAngkow leaving as his two way skills are among the best. I am not sure if Cammy will be back (IF Sutter thinks he can not resign the UFA would he move Cammy for a top line centre?) Should be an interesting deadline.

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 12:33 AM
JorgeRocks!

Not likig it. Bergeron's concussion troubles do not help it at all

JorgeRocks! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 08:22 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

vCash: 50
I would take away the d-man in this trade and just go Lombardi for Bergereon straight up. However, you would have to evaluate if Bergereon is worth the risk. It could turn out to be a great trade, a change of scenery may be just what the doctor ordered for Bergereon as it was with Cammalleri. He is still relatively young, and could make a big impact here potentially. With all that said, I would be hesitant to pull the trigger on this deal because of his injury woes. Boston already robbed us once on the previous trade made between these 2 teams, I'd to see that happen twice in a row.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 08:59 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
I would take away the d-man in this trade and just go Lombardi for Bergereon straight up. However, you would have to evaluate if Bergereon is worth the risk. It could turn out to be a great trade, a change of scenery may be just what the doctor ordered for Bergereon as it was with Cammalleri. He is still relatively young, and could make a big impact here potentially. With all that said, I would be hesitant to pull the trigger on this deal because of his injury woes. Boston already robbed us once on the previous trade made between these 2 teams, I'd to see that happen twice in a row.
it will take much more than Lombardi to land Bergeron... and its not like Lombardi has been the healthiest guy in his career... he missed almost as long with a concussion

Old
02-22-2009, 10:03 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

Quote:
it will take much more than Lombardi to land Bergeron... and its not like Lombardi has been the healthiest guy in his career... he missed almost as long with a concussion
I'm not so sure it would. I know what your trying to say, obviously Bergeron is considered a more of an "elite" player than Lombo, but with the emergence of all the young studs on Boston and how he has been relegated to a lesser role this year, I think he may be easier to pry than most think. Also, we are talking about the same team that traded away Joe Thorton.

Old
02-22-2009, 10:15 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
I'm not so sure it would. I know what your trying to say, obviously Bergeron is considered a more of an "elite" player than Lombo, but with the emergence of all the young studs on Boston and how he has been relegated to a lesser role this year, I think he may be easier to pry than most think. Also, we are talking about the same team that traded away Joe Thorton.
we are the team that gave away Gilmour and Co for a bunch of scrubs... does that mean we are going to get sodomized in every trade?...

and as for Lombardi vs. Bergeron... you need to lay off what ever is intoxicating you if you think its remotely close to even... Bergeron has potential to be an elite talent and is only 23... Lombardi has 2nd line potential and is 27 next month... sure Bergeron is struggling this year but he is returning form a serious concussion and that takes a while to completely recover from... we saw it in Lombardi after his... and we saw it will Stoll in Edmonton too

Old
02-22-2009, 10:34 PM
StreakingRed
We Want Gold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblue66 View Post
Next year, Calgary may have to face the fact that they may have to trade Langkow.

I don't think Calgary will have to face that fact at all.

Quote:

^ What he said.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 06:59 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

Just for the record I did state that if I were Sutter I'd be hesitant to make this trade at all. And I realize that Bergeron for Lombo at face value is not an even trade. But here is why Boston would maybe (and I'm only saying maybe) make this trade. Bergeron could be one more hit away from being the next Eric Lindros, and some view him as fragile right now. With all of the depth that Boston currently has, they might be willing to part ways with him to shed some salary and free themselves from an injury prone player. That is why IMO, I think Boston would potentially make that trade. And there definitely alot of maybes here, but I will say this, stranger things have happened in the NHL.

Old
02-23-2009, 07:28 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Just for the record I did state that if I were Sutter I'd be hesitant to make this trade at all. And I realize that Bergeron for Lombo at face value is not an even trade. But here is why Boston would maybe (and I'm only saying maybe) make this trade. Bergeron could be one more hit away from being the next Eric Lindros, and some view him as fragile right now. With all of the depth that Boston currently has, they might be willing to part ways with him to shed some salary and free themselves from an injury prone player. That is why IMO, I think Boston would potentially make that trade. And there definitely alot of maybes here, but I will say this, stranger things have happened in the NHL.
Lombardi could be 1 hit away from being the next Lindros too... after the Hatcher elbow Lombardi was on the shelf for all but 1 game the next season... that even longer than Bergeron was out... you can't talk about Bergeron's concussions without mentioning Lombardi's too

Old
02-23-2009, 08:04 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

Quote:
Lombardi could be 1 hit away from being the next Lindros too... after the Hatcher elbow Lombardi was on the shelf for all but 1 game the next season... that even longer than Bergeron was out... you can't talk about Bergeron's concussions without mentioning Lombardi's too
True, the only difference I would say though is Lomardi is several years removed from his whereas Bergeron's was more recent. And the length of time in between concussions is significant from having them recure. And correct me if I'm wrong, Lombo has only had 1 in his career, and I believe that Bergeron has had 2.

Old
02-23-2009, 08:49 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
True, the only difference I would say though is Lomardi is several years removed from his whereas Bergeron's was more recent. And the length of time in between concussions is significant from having them recure. And correct me if I'm wrong, Lombo has only had 1 in his career, and I believe that Bergeron has had 2.
I thought I heard the Hatcher elbow was his 2nd... but either way a brain scrambled Bergeron >>>>>>>>>> Lombardi... if you want Bergeron you can bet that the asking price would be at least our 1st, Lombardi and one of Negrin or Aulie

Old
02-23-2009, 09:16 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

Quote:
if you want Bergeron you can bet that the asking price would be at least our 1st, Lombardi and one of Negrin or Aulie
Might be a little steep IMO, throw in a conditional draft pick coming back our way depending how many games he plays and think that would be pretty close.

Old
02-23-2009, 09:20 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Might be a little steep IMO, throw in a conditional draft pick coming back our way depending how many games he plays and think that would be pretty close.
done... I would so do that trade too... assuming it was able to fit under the cap

Old
02-23-2009, 10:37 PM
bigblue66

The cap is where it would get tricky for next season. That is why I had included Sarich in the deal and also stated that we may have to shed Langkow. Moss may also be a gonner as he is a UFA and will want a pay raise which we can't afford. I say we can replace him and his size with Greentree or at least have Lundmark fill in.

My thoughts on the line up and salaries with raises next year are as follows. Not sure if Burt signs here again tho?

Cammy (5.5mill) - Bergeron (4.75mill) - Iginla (7mill)
Burtuzzi (2mill) - Backlund (.875mill) - Bourque (1.3)
Glencross (1.2mill) - Boyd (.8mill) - Greentree (.735mill)
Nystrom (.688mill) - Conroy (1.05mill) - Prust (.5mill)
Lundmark (.6mill)

All 4 centermen could play on any 4 lines with Conroy being the most versatile option for us.

Defence:

Phaneuf (6.5mill) - ??????(4.5mill)
Regehr (4.02mill) - Ferrence (1.4mill)
Vandermeer (2.3mill) - Giordano (.892mill)
Pardy (.7mill)

Kipper (5.8mill)
McE (.5mill)

$53.61 mill Cap Hit (Cap may go down to $50mill so would have to rework something like losing Vandermeer for one of the up and comers in the minors maybe?

Looks pretty decent to me IF Backlund can play in the bigs.

bigblue66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 11:16 PM
The Gaud Father

vCash: 283
Any lineup that doesn't have Langkow in them, I disgaree with. He is not going anywhere.

The Gaud Father is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 09:44 AM
Ronald Pagan

Sarich is the best piece in the entire trade.

Sarich is out of Ference's universe as a defenceman and as much of Boston fans don't want to admit it, Bergeron is damaged goods. No one wants him to the point that they'll put any type of premium on him.

Throwing in Chucko is just odd, as with the pick. Talk about overrating your own players.

So why exactly would we still be giving up more to land lesser players?

Terrible proposal.

Ronald Pagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 10:02 AM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblue66 View Post
The cap is where it would get tricky for next season. That is why I had included Sarich in the deal and also stated that we may have to shed Langkow. Moss may also be a gonner as he is a UFA and will want a pay raise which we can't afford. I say we can replace him and his size with Greentree or at least have Lundmark fill in.

My thoughts on the line up and salaries with raises next year are as follows. Not sure if Burt signs here again tho?

Cammy (5.5mill) - Bergeron (4.75mill) - Iginla (7mill)
Burtuzzi (2mill) - Backlund (.875mill) - Bourque (1.3)
Glencross (1.2mill) - Boyd (.8mill) - Greentree (.735mill)
Nystrom (.688mill) - Conroy (1.05mill) - Prust (.5mill)
Lundmark (.6mill)

All 4 centermen could play on any 4 lines with Conroy being the most versatile option for us.

Defence:

Phaneuf (6.5mill) - ??????(4.5mill)
Regehr (4.02mill) - Ferrence (1.4mill)
Vandermeer (2.3mill) - Giordano (.892mill)
Pardy (.7mill)

Kipper (5.8mill)
McE (.5mill)

$53.61 mill Cap Hit (Cap may go down to $50mill so would have to rework something like losing Vandermeer for one of the up and comers in the minors maybe?

Looks pretty decent to me IF Backlund can play in the bigs.
they have had slight growth in revenues this season... the cap will not be going down this summer... it may stay the same but it's almost certain not to drop until the summer of 2010

also... why a 4.5 million dman?... Aucoin could likely be retained for 3 million... and Backlund's cap hit is 1.3 million... Bourque 1.35... Boyd will get more than 800k... and did Primeau spontaneously combust?

Old
02-24-2009, 11:30 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

Rumor: Chris Pronger

Looks like Calgary is rumoured to be in the mix if Anahiem were to trade Pronger before the trade deadline.

http://www.tsn.ca/columnists/bob_mckenzie/?id=268395

The asking price would be steep, what are your guys feelings if the Flames were to do this, and who would they have to give up.

Old
02-24-2009, 11:32 PM
Areid1990

I really cant see us getting him, He would cost to much and we would have to dump salary which I am not sure Anaheim would want back ?

Areid1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 11:34 PM
PhoenixDog
Flamer for Life !!!

This one fails the simple logic test.. do you really see his wife wanting to come back to Alberta???

PhoenixDog is offline   Reply With Quote