Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

Trade-Deadline: All pre-deadline speculations, proposals and rumors go here

Old
02-24-2009, 10:37 PM
Phaneufed
Thrashers Fly 4ever

vCash: 500
I know pretty much every Flames fan hates Pronger, I don't like him either, but he's one of the few players i'd give up the farm for. He would be a great mentor for Phaneuf, and really solidify our defence. If for whatever reason there's the whole "Chris Prongers wife wanting to leave" incident again, we still can trade him next year for a solid return if necessary.

I'd assume Nemisz, 1st, + Negrin or Aulie would be a starting point, + a few salary dumps from us.

Who else would we have to add?

Phaneufed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 10:48 PM
superhakan
Gaudreauby Baker

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaneufed View Post
I know pretty much every Flames fan hates Pronger, I don't like him either, but he's one of the few players i'd give up the farm for. He would be a great mentor for Phaneuf, and really solidify our defence. If for whatever reason there's the whole "Chris Prongers wife wanting to leave" incident again, we still can trade him next year for a solid return if necessary.

I'd assume Nemisz, 1st, + Negrin or Aulie would be a starting point, + a few salary dumps from us.

Who else would we have to add?

Id probably do that as long as the dumps were say Primeau and Vandermeer.

Phaneuf-Pronger
Regehr-Aucoin
Sarich-Gio/Pardy

superhakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 10:53 PM
The Gaud Father

No, no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no. I suggest we go after a cheaper defenceman like Hamhuis. Cheap and gives us more room to sign Cammy.

The Gaud Father is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 11:01 PM
bam09

Yes I would take him.

Think about it, if he wants out next year we can simply flip him at the deadline and get a nice package so we wouldn't lost out too badly.

bam09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 11:47 PM
GoFlames

Hmmm on the fence there. I see both sides but sure Pronger is great but I would rather grab a guy like Hamhuis or Kronwall, less cap hit... not sure if Detroit would trade Kronwall as he was outstanding in the cup finals last time around...

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 09:39 AM
Northern Neighbour

The Flames would have to dump quite a bit of salary to fit Pronger. Sarich most likely would have to be going the other way since he has a long-term deal at $3.6M annually. While Pronger would be a great addition to the Flames, I cannot see the Flames fitting his salary under the cap this year and next year.

Northern Neighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 10:28 AM
Lunatik*

not unless there was some sort of conditional pick about Pronger playing in Calgary next year too

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 12:39 PM
andy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bam09 View Post
Yes I would take him.

Think about it, if he wants out next year we can simply flip him at the deadline and get a nice package so we wouldn't lost out too badly.

He has a no NTC. So you could be in trouble there. I'd say no, for the same package and same money you can get Jay Bo. Younger better, would be willing to play here.

andy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 02:29 PM
GoFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
He has a no NTC. So you could be in trouble there. I'd say no, for the same package and same money you can get Jay Bo. Younger better, would be willing to play here.
Hmmm true but Florida must be in a bind... they are in the playoffs as of now and if they trade JB then what. But, if they keep JB and he walks also trouble. Either way it would be good to see him playing on the Flames. If Florida does NOT trade him before the deadline try and get him as a FA.

Old
02-25-2009, 03:12 PM
Cyrus

It's actually a tough call if I'd want him here. No denying he's an outstanding defenceman, but the Edmonton situation can't be ignored either. The fact that he's not a UFA at year end, plus him having a NTC is probably the deal breaker, as it is almost a certainty the lifestlye wouldn't appeal to the wife.

And while I have nothing but faith in Sutter's trade record, if we did manage to get Pronger, with the full intention of trading him later, I don't think we'd get as much back trading him away as we would have to give up to get him. Dealing from a position of weakness never works.

So is it worth the potential head case? Maybe. Many thought Bertuzzi would be a major distraction and wasn't worth it for that reason, but I'd like to think he's proven the critics slightly wrong.

So pending what we'd have to give up, I'd say I would pass on the deal, but its a tough choice.

Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 03:31 PM
Iginlaisabeast

pass, it would cost us too much. if were going to trade sarich, lombardi and draft picks for someone we need to go after bouwmeester who still has his best years ahead of him. we would need to dump salary for this to go through and i can't see anaheim wanting vandermeer and primeau.

Iginlaisabeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 06:07 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

I could see Sutter doing this deal. Look at his history as to when he aquired Brad Stuart, he traded for him to gear up for the playoffs because he felt that would be the piece to put Calgary's D over the top.

Pronger is a Sutter type of player and a Keenan type of player. He is big, physical, nasty, plays with an attitude and he is good offensively and he would give our a powerplay a huge boost.

I know this, Sutter wants to add another top defenceman no doubt. He almost signed Redden, it is no secret that Sutter has drouled over J-bo for sometime know, and now the Pronger rumor. I would have to guess it is a matter of time before he does so. And I'm sure he is working hard either towards getting J-bo or Pronger. How he fills in blanks, only time will tell.

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 07:42 PM
getoverit

One of the guys you hate playing against but would luv to have him. Great tutor for Phaneuf and if I remember correctly Keenan mtg'd the farm in St. Louis to make him the man to build around. Sutter wont give up the farm to get him so dont see it happening unless the ducks wants pics and potential prospects,doubt it

Last edited by getoverit: 02-25-2009 at 11:17 PM.
getoverit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 08:59 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
Pronger does not have a NTC

also as much as I hate Pronger you can not question his compete level... he asked for his trade from the Oilers prior to their playoff run and still played like a beast

Old
02-26-2009, 05:26 PM
flames122

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
Pronger does not have a NTC

also as much as I hate Pronger you can not question his compete level... he asked for his trade from the Oilers prior to their playoff run and still played like a beast

I would like to see calgary get pronger but blow up our team to get maybe a good draft pick and a prospect and a roster player might get him

flames122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 05:28 PM
flames122

Trade-Deadline: All pre-deadline speculations, proposals and rumors go here

has anyone heard of any trades involving calgary rite now and why sutter would want to trade lombardi??

Old
02-26-2009, 06:46 PM
Skobel24
GO IGGY GO!

Lombardi's progression has hit a wall, and he's yet to really show he can be the top 6 forward we need him to be. He was a big part of the youth these past few years because we didnt have many younger guys who were ready to step up. We've had alot of young guys step up, and we have plenty of depth. Lombardi is making roughly 2.5 Million if Im not mistaken, and some teams show some interest in him. It gives us room to sign guys like Boyd and Moss, and possibly keep Cammalleri. I like Lombardi, but his role on this team has dropped significantly. As for any trades I've heard of, there hasnt been much (Unless you count Eklund, then there's like 15 of them)

Personally, I think getting rid of Lombardi would be a mistake. Just a hunch.

Last edited by Skobel24: 02-26-2009 at 08:17 PM.
Skobel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 10:21 PM
flames122

i think lombardi is just in slump he will come out of it we need his speed up front and if he and he can prove he can put the puck in the net he can be a top six forward

Old
02-26-2009, 10:24 PM
flames122

do you think calgary will be active at the deadline

do u think calgary will be active at the deadline if so who do u think they would get or give up

Give me your thoughts

Old
02-26-2009, 10:30 PM
mucca

Quote:
Originally Posted by flames122 View Post
i think lombardi is just in slump he will come out of it we need his speed up front and if he and he can prove he can put the puck in the net he can be a top six forward
How long has he been slumping?

mucca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 10:35 PM
Walkingthroughforest
Johnny B. Goode

Quote:
lol, you mean that slump he's been in ever since he joined the NHL?
jeezus lol

Walkingthroughforest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 10:43 PM
Lunatik*

sure now everyone is on the Lombardi sucks bandwagon

Old
02-26-2009, 10:45 PM
flames122

ya but he would be a solid third line player to play with glencross and boyd

Old
02-26-2009, 10:45 PM
GoFlames

Quote:
do u think calgary will be active at the deadline if so who do u think they would get or give up

Give me your thoughts
I think Sutter will do something, not sure if it will be major. Ideally adding depth and a backup goalie. However if people want Lombardi (maybe Jacques Martin) he may do something bigger, will see...

Old
02-26-2009, 10:48 PM
flames122

i dont think we should give lombardi up unless it is in a package deal