02-26-2009, 11:15 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
sure now everyone is on the Lombardi sucks bandwagon

I'll stay off that bandwagon, lol.

I'm not exactly against the idea of trading him if he's part of some package that brings in a significant acquisition, but at the same time I'm not sitting here crossing my fingers hoping that he's traded either. He can be a frustrating player to watch at times, but he doesn't hurt the team and is here at a pretty cheap price tag. I'm not expecting Lombardi to ever become a 20-25 goal scorer. I think what we see now, is what we get. A guy who can score 10-15 goals, is great on the PK and can use his speed to help create offense.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 11:17 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
I'll stay off that bandwagon, lol.

I'm not exactly against the idea of trading him if he's part of some package that brings in a significant acquisition, but at the same time I'm not sitting here crossing my fingers hoping that he's traded either. He can be a frustrating player to watch at times, but he doesn't hurt the team and is here at a pretty cheap price tag. I'm not expecting Lombardi to ever become a 20-25 goal scorer. I think what we see now, is what we get. A guy who can score 10-15 goals, is great on the PK and can use his speed to help create offense.
just to be clear i think trading him for the sake of trading him would be stupid

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 12:08 AM
GoFlames

Quote:
they have had slight growth in revenues this season... the cap will not be going down this summer... it may stay the same but it's almost certain not to drop until the summer of 2010

also... why a 4.5 million dman?... Aucoin could likely be retained for 3 million... and Backlund's cap hit is 1.3 million... Bourque 1.35... Boyd will get more than 800k... and did Primeau spontaneously combust?

Lol, well poor Primeau kind of does this rhetorically due to nagging injury problems

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 12:17 AM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
Not expecting much at all. A depth defenceman and possibly a depth forward and that is all. Just don't see Sutter being a major player for the big name guys like Pronger, Bouwmeester or Jokinen.

flamesfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 05:29 AM
Snoil11

Send a message via ICQ to Snoil11 Send a message via Yahoo to Snoil11
It is this time of the year again and with numerous threads dealing virtually with the same topic, I decided to merge all of them and create a sticky which covers all speculations, proposals and rumors related to the upcoming trade-deadline.

Snoil11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 08:32 AM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoil11 View Post
It is this time of the year again and with numerous threads dealing virtually with the same topic, I decided to merge all of them and create a sticky which covers all speculations, proposals and rumors related to the upcoming trade-deadline.
I think rumors with sources should still be allowed their own threads... some of these could lead to good discussions

Old
02-27-2009, 08:53 AM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

As per Bob McKenzie:

Quote:
The Calgary Flames may have some interest in veteran warhorse Gary Roberts and it's believed he wouldn't mind finishing his career where it started, but the Flames would need some assurances from him that he would be prepared to accept whatever role is assigned to him, however limited it could turn out to be.
http://www.tsn.ca/columnists/bob_mckenzie/?id=268887

Thoughts on this?

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 02:13 PM
mucca

Quote:
As per Bob McKenzie:

Thoughts on this?
Not opposed to it......great character guy for the playoffs......

mucca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 02:17 PM
Snoil11

Quote:
I think rumors with sources should still be allowed their own threads... some of these could lead to good discussions
I entirely agree, if there is a legit source.
But if Garrioch- or (e2)-rumors pop up, this will be the thread to discuss them.

Old
02-27-2009, 02:23 PM
GoFlames

Interesting to see if Roberts might come back as a old leader and force in the post season. I also heard, I believe it was the Ottawa paper saying Gerber will be on re-entry waivers and the Flames and Sabres are showing some itnerest in him. If so annualized the Flames would owe $850K (less pro rated). Maybe that will help out... maybe not.

Old
02-27-2009, 02:43 PM
AndersEriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFlames View Post
Interesting to see if Roberts might come back as a old leader and force in the post season. I also heard, I believe it was the Ottawa paper saying Gerber will be on re-entry waivers and the Flames and Sabres are showing some itnerest in him. If so annualized the Flames would owe $850K (less pro rated). Maybe that will help out... maybe not.
Gerber cleared waivers.

AndersEriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 03:08 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
I entirely agree, if there is a legit source.
But if Garrioch- or (e2)-rumors pop up, this will be the thread to discuss them.
according to HF rules both are considered legit sources... you cant have your own set of rules because of your personal beliefs about a persons credibility... that is an abuse of power IMO... it seems to me like you are more worried about cutting down your workload than the level of discussion on this board...

the player(s) involved should mean even more than the source... the point of posting rumors is to discuss them is it not?... and Eklund provides more of that than anyone... if a rumor pops on on any site involving a name player it deserves a thread... as long as there is a source

Old
02-27-2009, 03:49 PM
JorgeRocks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblue66 View Post
The cap is where it would get tricky for next season. That is why I had included Sarich in the deal and also stated that we may have to shed Langkow. Moss may also be a gonner as he is a UFA and will want a pay raise which we can't afford. I say we can replace him and his size with Greentree or at least have Lundmark fill in.

My thoughts on the line up and salaries with raises next year are as follows. Not sure if Burt signs here again tho?

Cammy (5.5mill) - Bergeron (4.75mill) - Iginla (7mill)
Burtuzzi (2mill) - Backlund (.875mill) - Bourque (1.3)
Glencross (1.2mill) - Boyd (.8mill) - Greentree (.735mill)
Nystrom (.688mill) - Conroy (1.05mill) - Prust (.5mill)
Lundmark (.6mill)

All 4 centermen could play on any 4 lines with Conroy being the most versatile option for us.

Defence:

Phaneuf (6.5mill) - ??????(4.5mill)
Regehr (4.02mill) - Ferrence (1.4mill)
Vandermeer (2.3mill) - Giordano (.892mill)
Pardy (.7mill)

Kipper (5.8mill)
McE (.5mill)

$53.61 mill Cap Hit (Cap may go down to $50mill so would have to rework something like losing Vandermeer for one of the up and comers in the minors maybe?

Looks pretty decent to me IF Backlund can play in the bigs.
do not like that lineup at all, much rather keep current one

JorgeRocks! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 05:34 PM
superhakan
Gaudreauby Baker

vCash: 50
Quote:
As per Bob McKenzie:

Thoughts on this?

What the Hell? i through this idea out a few months ago and people seemed against it. Whatever, im completely down for having Roberts here, however i dont know if tampa trades him as he has become a mentor for Stamkos.

Roberts is a perfect character guy, and will provide the grit we need to pummel the pansy canucks into submission.

superhakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 06:05 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by superhakan View Post
What the Hell? i through this idea out a few months ago and people seemed against it. Whatever, im completely down for having Roberts here, however i dont know if tampa trades him as he has become a mentor for Stamkos.

Roberts is a perfect character guy, and will provide the grit we need to pummel the pansy canucks into submission.
there is a difference between Roberts for a couple months... and Roberts for an entire season... the former being much more acceptable since he seems to be his best in the playoffs

Old
02-27-2009, 06:09 PM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
Quote:
As per Bob McKenzie:

Thoughts on this?
I love Roberts, but I don't know about bringing him in. As a depth guy that provides leadership and doesn't play every game I would definetly bring him in. The guy is a warrior though so he'll want to play and I just don't know who you sit over him.

flamesfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 06:19 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesfan12 View Post
I love Roberts, but I don't know about bringing him in. As a depth guy that provides leadership and doesn't play every game I would definetly bring him in. The guy is a warrior though so he'll want to play and I just don't know who you sit over him.
I would go with a lineup like this in the playoffs if Roberts was added...

Cammalleri - Conroy - Iginla
Lundmark - Langkow - Bertuzzi
Glencross - Lombardi - Moss
Roberts - Boyd - Nystrom
ex: Prust - Roy

Old
02-27-2009, 07:53 PM
superhakan
Gaudreauby Baker

vCash: 50
Quote:
I would go with a lineup like this in the playoffs if Roberts was added...

Cammalleri - Conroy - Iginla
Lundmark - Langkow - Bertuzzi
Glencross - Lombardi - Moss
Roberts - Boyd - Nystrom
ex: Prust - Roy

100% agree, right now roberts shouldnt be anything more than a 4th liner, and though i like prust, i would rather have roberts in the lineup. Although i would replace Lundmark with bourque when he healthy.

superhakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 11:45 PM
JorgeRocks!

Have a deal on the table in the Rookie GM Game thread for Boyd and our 2009 fourth for Gregory Campbell and Bryan Allen. Thoughts?

JorgeRocks! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 05:52 AM
Snoil11

C&P from the GDT (thanks Streaking Red for posting). Pre-game-interview with Darryl Sutter on the team and an outlook on what to expect from the Flames on deadline-day:

http://www.fan960.com/media.jsp?cont...27_212624_3004

Old
02-28-2009, 10:39 AM
Lunatik*

Quote:
C&P from the GDT (thanks Streaking Red for posting). Pre-game-interview with Darryl Sutter on the team and an outlook on what to expect from the Flames on deadline-day:

http://www.fan960.com/media.jsp?cont...27_212624_3004
thanks for posting that... it was interesting to hear Sutter outright say Eriksson is next to come up... and loved him saying that Gio or Pardy would have been sitting tonight since Vandermeer has earned his spot back

Old
02-28-2009, 10:49 AM
Snoil11

As soon as Sutter said this, I had to think of you.

IMO, the most interesting part was when he mentioned that we have a strong pool of prospects and are in a situation to deal some of our picks.

Old
02-28-2009, 11:00 AM
Lunatik*

Quote:
As soon as Sutter said this, I had to think of you.

IMO, the most interesting part was when he mentioned that we have a strong pool of prospects and are in a situation to deal some of our picks.
and considering he has traded 2nd and 3rd round picks fairly consistently... I'm sure you know where that thought is going

also I think its funny that I get bashed for my opinions on Eriksson and Vandermeer and the GM goes on the radio and says the same stuff

Old
02-28-2009, 01:29 PM
GoFlames

Quote:
and considering he has traded 2nd and 3rd round picks fairly consistently... I'm sure you know where that thought is going

also I think its funny that I get bashed for my opinions on Eriksson and Vandermeer and the GM goes on the radio and says the same stuff
I do not mind VAndedrmeer but am not a fan of the contract does not mean I cry endlessly when Sutter seems to like Bubba and I don't It was an interesting interview though