HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

TSN: Dandy Requests Trade

Old
02-26-2009, 07:17 PM
3TB3*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
358 posts to say the same thing over and over again, you freaking broken record. You're the type of repetitive boring doofus who chases posters to alternate boards.

Possibly even alternate lifestyles.
this whole thread AND about every other thread are a 'broken record'

3TB3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 07:18 PM
marchabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
or maybe they know their future is not here and don't want to finish like Smolinski or Thibault?
wow, it will help them so much to bench elsewhere or to play 5-7min per game

marchabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 07:18 PM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
358 posts to say the same thing over and over again, you freaking broken record. You're the type of repetitive boring doofus who chases posters to alternate boards.

Possibly even alternate lifestyles.
Jesus mcphee, I needed a good chuckle today. That's priceless.

The French Canadian rule: Read about it, go to bed smarter.

http://ultimatehockeynetwork.com/the...-or-fiction-2/
loadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 07:19 PM
Shabutie

Dreger as far as I'm concerned is no better than Eklund. His track record is just as weak. I'm sure he's got sources, but nothing he says ever happens.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 07:19 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3TB3 View Post
this whole thread AND about every other thread are a 'broken record'
so why post the same groundhog dayish drivel ad nauseum ? Everyone gets it, you don't like the management team and coaching staff. For Chrissakes, vary your routine, criticize them in Haiku or Iambic pentameter.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 07:20 PM
TheCH*

Weird how all the franco's are requesting trades..

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 07:21 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by marchabsfan View Post
wow, it will help them so much to bench elsewhere or to play 5-7min per game
show me your crystal ball

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 07:26 PM
12jf54

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyshea View Post
thank god now if only breezer would ask for a trade

12jf54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 07:34 PM
Westcoasthabsfan

Yawn....getting tired of reading stuff like this.... show them all the door as far as I am concerned

Westcoasthabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 07:42 PM
Miller Time

people can bad mouth or ignore dandy and begin's wanting out all they want, but it does indicate that something in our dressing room is a little off...

while it's not unheard of for players to want more playing time, or to want to get traded to a better situation, it is a little distressing the timing and the types of players making the demands.

Begin and Dandenault are clearly no more than 4th line players at this point in their careers. MAYBE they have a feeling in their gut that they can be effective 3rd liners, but both have been in the league long enough to have a pretty good feel for their value to a team.

looking around at other teams, it's hard to pick out any guys in similar situations (veteran players relegated to 10-13 min/game for a playoff team) who are making similar demands... why is that?

marchant
primeau
Adams
Parrish
Maltby/Draper
Asham/Metropolit(just waived, maybe on request??)
Betts/Sjostrom
Rupp
Eaves/Kaberle

all of these guys are getting 4th line minutes, i believe most of them (except maybe maltby/draper) have been healthy scratches at some point this season...

who knows, maybe they all have approached their gm's and requested a trade, or maybe they all have a unique situation that differs from begin/dandy so that they are fine with their role...

nevertheless, it seems strange that to vet guys like them would let their feelings of wanting out go public while their team is fighting for playoff positioning... even if i understand where they are coming from, it shows that they don't feel valued for what they bring to the team and/or don't care wether or not they become a distraction.
Not the kind of environment winning franchises tend to cultivate.

where there is smoke, there is fire...

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 07:45 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
people can bad mouth or ignore dandy and begin's wanting out all they want, but it does indicate that something in our dressing room is a little off...

while it's not unheard of for players to want more playing time, or to want to get traded to a better situation, it is a little distressing the timing and the types of players making the demands.

Begin and Dandenault are clearly no more than 4th line players at this point in their careers. MAYBE they have a feeling in their gut that they can be effective 3rd liners, but both have been in the league long enough to have a pretty good feel for their value to a team.

looking around at other teams, it's hard to pick out any guys in similar situations (veteran players relegated to 10-13 min/game for a playoff team) who are making similar demands... why is that?

marchant
primeau
Adams
Parrish
Maltby/Draper
Betts/Sjostrom
Rupp
Eaves/Kaberle

all of these guys are getting 4th line minutes, i believe most of them (except maybe maltby/draper) have been healthy scratches at some point this season...

who knows, maybe they all have approached their gm's and requested a trade, or maybe they all have a unique situation that differs from begin/dandy so that they are fine with their role...

nevertheless, it seems strange that to vet guys like them would let their feelings of wanting out go public while their team is fighting for playoff positioning... even if i understand where they are coming from, it shows that they don't feel valued for what they bring to the team and/or don't care wether or not they become a distraction.

Or maybe they have the feeling they are superstar due to the media and don't take the fact they were outclassed by our powerfull youngsters

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 07:48 PM
12jf54

Predictions on where he might end up ???

I have a hunch it might be Nashville (No idea why...just a vision I had)

12jf54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 07:55 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_habs_go View Post
But wasnt Dandenault playing like every game?
he is for now, but he knows that once Tanguay or even Lats comes back he is done. He wants to goto a team where he has a regular shift.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 08:00 PM
habfan1968

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post

marchant
primeau
Adams
Parrish
Maltby/Draper
Betts/Sjostrom
Rupp
Eaves/Kaberle

Sorry but these are fringe players at best and asking to be traded is fine, the young guns are movin in and this is to be expected, the only reason we are hearing so much is because of the Montreal media blowing thing out of proportion. Anyone remember Brad Marsh getting squeezed out of the Senators line up? No because it was Ottawa not Montreal. I disagree that these guys are asking to be traded because the coach or management. It really is about playing time period.

habfan1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 08:01 PM
Kriss E

Coincidence all this is starting to happen after the Media has been producing their all time low reporting.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 08:03 PM
habfan1968

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReVeuF View Post
Wow... so many players who would like to be out of MTL...

My bet is this is Carbo fault, now that players know Gainey won't get rid of him they want to go.
Yeah it's carbo's fault because he expects them to play at their best abilities all the time.

habfan1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 08:06 PM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
Dreger as far as I'm concerned is no better than Eklund. His track record is just as weak. I'm sure he's got sources, but nothing he says ever happens.
True, but Bobby Mac was talking about it on TSN also.

loadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 08:07 PM
ScottyDoesntKnow

Don't you guys get it ? I think it's pretty clear that Gainey is just getting rid of all the players that tested positive today before the results are sent out

ScottyDoesntKnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 08:08 PM
Thinkbig

Holy ****, if he leaves, Jacques Demers will go crazy!! No more quebecors on this team!

Thinkbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 08:13 PM
Pascal

I think Laraque told Begin and Dandy that if they don't GTFO so he can play, he'll knock them out.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 08:18 PM
RE-HABS

Dandy is a good depth guy, has been playing well and I think a team like Detroit would take him back because they know what he brings to the team and has had success and is familar with the boys as well.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 08:19 PM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
its all the guys wanting out that is semi scaring me .

If these guys are feeling this way i wonder who else in the room is feeling the same? AND next season say good bye
Well the 100th year party is almost over and they know the fun is going to end

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 08:20 PM
zx81

Unless Bob needs Salary cap space for another trade he should keep Dandenault.

zx81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 08:22 PM
RE-HABS

I think too many are makin too much in player requests for trades when these are fringe players looking to play because they are in and out of the line up.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 08:23 PM
Astroboy

Ahhh man! I have always been a Dandy fan, even through all the hate for the Dandy/Cube combo I have read over the last few years.

He would have been a good guy to have for a playoff run....experienced, has speed, provides leadership, and has won a cup previously. I always liked the fact he didn't complain about his role on the team, and set a good example for the young guys...so much for that I guess.

I don't get it though, he knew his role coming into this season, so why not ask for a trade to start the year rather than near the end of the year....especially since he will be a UFA in another few months? This kind of pisses me off in a way. Too bad for Begin...maybe he would have got a bit more ice time with Dandy gone. This is good for BGL though......maybe he will stop complaining, and philosophizing about fighting and start to play well. Perhaps BGL felt too threatened/distracted by the other 4th line pluggers to be effective.

Astroboy is offline   Reply With Quote