HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jan Bulis

Closed Thread

Old
03-11-2004, 02:39 PM
Uber Coca

vCash: 500
Jan Bulis

Being my favorite player on the Montreal Canadiens roster, I want to know what are other habs fan's opinion about this player.
The fact is that he's one of the best 3rd liner in the NHL. When he plays on the third line he makes his other linemates better and the line is dominant. Remember when the Dackell - Juneau - Bulis was dominating night after night?
Bulis is a fast skater, has average hockey sense, has a good shot and shows up every night. The team is better with him and I'm glad he's returning soon. He's part of our rebuilding plan being still a young player.

Old
03-11-2004, 02:43 PM
#44_delivers

i love bulis he's one of my faivoret players as well, he's the type of player coaches absolutly adore, he one of if not the best 2 way forward we have in our team.
im beyond joy he's back on saturday.

Old
03-11-2004, 02:43 PM
Catala

Send a message via MSN to Catala
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Hainsey
The fact is that he's one of the best 3rd liner in the NHL. When he plays on the third line he makes his other linemates better and the line is dominant.Bulis is a fast skater, has average hockey sense, has a good shot and shows up every night. The team is better with him and I'm glad he's returning soon. He's part of our rebuilding plan being still a young player.
agreed, Bulis is a must have on the 3rd line. His speed and defensive sense are great and he always looks good when he is playing his role.

Old
03-11-2004, 02:46 PM
Carbonneau

Send a message via MSN to Carbonneau Send a message via Yahoo to Carbonneau
Def., Bulis is someone we have to keep, he's perfect for the third line with Begin and Dowd or Ward. Also, Bulis can sub into the top 2 lines if need be.

Old
03-11-2004, 02:54 PM
Darz

I know he is 25 but I still wonder if Bulis can still find a bit of a scoring touch around the net. If he could he could potentially be our best winger.
I know it isn't likely, but.....

As is, I would love to see a Bulis-Higgins-Ryder line in a year or two.

Old
03-11-2004, 02:55 PM
tinyzombies

As a third-liner, I don't think he has the patience that Juneau has with the puck and sometimes is out of position. As a forechecker, he's clearly the best on the team along with Begin and now Dowd.

I'd like to see him stay on the scoring lines. Despite spending half the year on the checking line, his numbers are comparable to most of the other top 6 players on our team. I think he needs more exposure in the top 6. I'd love to see us give him a LONG look, another year or two even to see if he can put it all together.

He handles the puck very well at top speed and has some nice moves to go along with his shot. He's also an asset on the forecheck and his speed suits the transition game we want to play. He has become defensive-minded more so than he was because of the time spent on the checking lines the last couple seasons, but let's not forget, we did not acquire Bulis to play on a checking line.

Old
03-11-2004, 03:01 PM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves
As a third-liner, I don't think he has the patience that Juneau has with the puck and sometimes is out of position. As a forechecker, he's clearly the best on the team along with Begin and now Dowd.

I'd like to see him stay on the scoring lines. Despite spending half the year on the checking line, his numbers are comparable to most of the other top 6 players on our team. I think he needs more exposure in the top 6. I'd love to see us give him a LONG look, another year or two even to see if he can put it all together.

He handles the puck very well at top speed and has some nice moves to go along with his shot. He's also an asset on the forecheck and his speed suits the transition game we want to play. He has become defensive-minded more so than he was because of the time spent on the checking lines the last couple seasons, but let's not forget, we did not acquire Bulis to play on a checking line.
I agree, I think that he should be put back with Koivu and Zednik. He has blinding speed and plays the game itself at a high speed. I think his scoring is improving also. Its hard for people to label him as a "checker" when he is only developing his offensive game. Don't forget he is only 24 years old.

Old
03-11-2004, 03:07 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy
I agree, I think that he should be put back with Koivu and Zednik. He has blinding speed and plays the game itself at a high speed. I think his scoring is improving also. Its hard for people to label him as a "checker" when he is only developing his offensive game. Don't forget he is only 24 years old.
I'd like them to leave Koivu with Zednik. Those guys can carry a line by themselves and then add Ryder. I know Ryder and Zednik did not seem to get along well in their short stint on the same line, perhaps because Ryder does not pass the puck as often as he should. That's all speculation of course.

I would love to see Bulis with Kovalev and Ribeiro. It might spark Kovy and it would help both Ribs and Kovy along the boards. Would be an awesome line to watch, especially since all three players are great in transition. Can't have three guys like Ryder-Ribs-Kovalev floating around like stars, they need to be prodded!

Bulis has missed a lot of development time due to injury... let's leave the kid in there and let him do his thing.

Old
03-11-2004, 03:07 PM
Guy Caballero

I think Bulis needs to stay after every practice and take about 5000 shots at net targets. If he could hit the side of a barn I would love to see him on a top-two line.

He's a great player: fast, energetic, not afraid of contact, and disciplined. He's quietly developed into a very nice tool that every coach would love to have. I'd say he's a Lehtinen with slightly less hockey sense but with more speed and aggressiveness. When the Habs turn the corner for good he is going to start getting league-wide attention as a premier utility player, like Draper does today.

Old
03-11-2004, 03:14 PM
psychonaut

I forgot he only 24 years old, he does not play like it!

Old
03-11-2004, 03:15 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
I know he is 25 but I still wonder if Bulis can still find a bit of a scoring touch around the net. If he could he could potentially be our best winger.
I know it isn't likely, but.....

As is, I would love to see a Bulis-Higgins-Ryder line in a year or two.

He's 26 now no? or will be any day now.

I think Higgins should be on the 2nd line LW, but we'll see in a year or so.

Old
03-11-2004, 03:18 PM
Guy Caballero

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
He's 26 now no? or will be any day now.

I think Higgins should be on the 2nd line LW, but we'll see in a year or so.
So, is Higgins' future as a winger? I thought he was drafted as a center. Has he made the transition to wing that well? If so, that's good news, because we need more young wingers than young centers, IMO. If he can play both, all the better.

Old
03-11-2004, 03:20 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero
So, is Higgins' future as a winger? I thought he was drafted as a center. Has he made the transition to wing that well? If so, that's good news, because we need more young wingers than young centers, IMO. If he can play both, all the better.

He can play both wing and center. It's up to Julien to see where he would want him, but I think he should be a top 6 forward reguardless of what position.

as for Bulis, he turns 26 next thrusday. Hainsey turns 23 the week after and Ryder turns 24 the last week of March.

Old
03-11-2004, 03:25 PM
The n00b King *

Quote:
I think Bulis needs to stay after every practice and take about 5000 shots at net targets. If he could hit the side of a barn I would love to see him on a top-two line.

He's a great player: fast, energetic, not afraid of contact, and disciplined. He's quietly developed into a very nice tool that every coach would love to have. I'd say he's a Lehtinen with slightly less hockey sense but with more speed and aggressiveness. When the Habs turn the corner for good he is going to start getting league-wide attention as a premier utility player, like Draper does today.

i beg to differ my friend...bulis can score, Dackely is a fantastic defensive player as well, always under evaluated, but as for scoring...he has to be one of the worst player on our team at it (scoring goals that is)

Old
03-11-2004, 03:31 PM
Habber

Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves
I
I would love to see Bulis with Kovalev and Ribeiro. It might spark Kovy and it would help both Ribs and Kovy along the boards. Would be an awesome line to watch, especially since all three players are great in transition.
I think this is something we might see before the season is out. The knock against Kovalev is his defensive play and Bulis complements him well in this regard. If Kovalev gets stuck in deep or is lazy coming back, it won't be a big deal if Bulis is on his line because Bulis skates back to his own end just as hard a he does into the offensive end.

Old
03-11-2004, 03:34 PM
#44_delivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolin_goon
i beg to differ my friend...bulis can score, Dackely is a fantastic defensive player as well, always under evaluated, but as for scoring...he has to be one of the worst player on our team at it (scoring goals that is)
bulis hasnt put it together in term of being a "scoring forward" he's a bit challenged in that regards, like if you really watch him play closly he creates TONNES of scoring chances for himself becuase of his speed and stellar knowledge if his finnish was good he'd be a 30+35 goal scorer easily, he really has to work on his finnish, though he does have the best backhander in our team.

Old
03-11-2004, 03:44 PM
Guy Caballero

Quote:
Originally Posted by #44_delivers
he does have the best backhander in our team.
I'd say Ribeiro, but I agree with you on all other counts. If you really mean all the players, though, Kovalev would win hands down.

Old
03-11-2004, 03:56 PM
Uber Coca

Quote:
Originally Posted by #44_delivers
bulis hasnt put it together in term of being a "scoring forward" he's a bit challenged in that regards, like if you really watch him play closly he creates TONNES of scoring chances for himself becuase of his speed and stellar knowledge if his finnish was good he'd be a 30+35 goal scorer easily, he really has to work on his finnish, though he does have the best backhander in our team.
I agree, Bulis is creating chances by himself but doesn't has the ability of finishing them. I wouldn't say that he could score 30-35 goals, 20-25 goals could be very acceptable from him.
I love him because of his aggressiveness and his skating, must be one of the best skater we have with Souray and Dykhuis.

Old
03-11-2004, 04:09 PM
Guy Caballero

Quote:
I agree, Bulis is creating chances by himself but doesn't has the ability of finishing them. I wouldn't say that he could score 30-35 goals, 20-25 goals could be very acceptable from him.
I love him because of his aggressiveness and his skating, must be one of the best skater we have with Souray and Dykhuis.
Zed? Kovalev?

Old
03-11-2004, 04:50 PM
Uber Coca

Quote:
Zed? Kovalev?
I forgot Kovalev, but Dykhuis and Souray are faster than Zednik.

Old
03-11-2004, 05:01 PM
EaGLE1

Quote:
I forgot Kovalev, but Dykhuis and Souray are faster than Zednik.
Souray? He skates well but you can't compare that to:

-Bulis
-Kovalev
-Zednik

Old
03-11-2004, 05:14 PM
BLONG7

I really like Bulis too, his speed and his effort are second to none... if he could finish some of his chances he would score 20-25 goals... and his price is right! He's another guy on the team who is happy to be playing in Montreal.

Old
03-11-2004, 05:19 PM
oli500

If only Bulis could add that finishing touch to his game I think he could be a very dominant scorer in this league cause he has everything else.

Old
03-11-2004, 05:36 PM
Habber

Skating isn't all about speed, it's about explosiveness and balance, both of which Zed and Kovy have in abundance. Also it doesn't matter how fast you can skate if you can't control the puck in full stride (ie Dykhuis). Kovalev can dangle at full speed and can make cuts on a dime.

Old
03-11-2004, 06:24 PM
Uber Coca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habber
Skating isn't all about speed, it's about explosiveness and balance, both of which Zed and Kovy have in abundance. Also it doesn't matter how fast you can skate if you can't control the puck in full stride (ie Dykhuis). Kovalev can dangle at full speed and can make cuts on a dime.
You are right. I was talking about pure skating and speed, Souray won the skill competition last year if I remember. Zednik is a pretty good skater, but I think he doesn't create a lot of scoring chances. When the puck goes behind the enemy net, he often stops because he sees the opponent racing with him for the puck. He should use his speed and create some opportunities. I didn't see enough of Kovalev to judge, I'll watch this tonight.
As for Dykhuis, I agree, he's a fast skater but that's all...

Closed Thread