HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

Molodezhnaya Hokkeinaya Liga (MHL)

Closed Thread

Old
02-27-2009, 04:49 PM
Alessandro Seren Rosso
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Alessandro Seren Rosso Send a message via MSN to Alessandro Seren Rosso
Molodezhnaya Hokkeinaya Liga (MHL)

The MHL (Molodezhnaya Hokkeinaya Liga) will start from the next season and will be played by junior KHL teams made up of players from 17 to 21. In the Western Division will play Dinamo, Spartak, CSKA, Atlant, HC MVD, Khimik and Vityaz. In the central - Lokomotiv, Ak Bars, SKA, Neftekhimik, Torpedo, Lada and Severstal. In the Eastern - Avangard, Salavat, Traktor, Sibir, Metallurg Mg and Metallurg Nk.
Amur still has to clarify its position. The first 16 team will fight in the playoffs and the winner will be awarded with the Kharlamov Cup.

Comments

02-27-2009, 04:58 PM
MaxV

What's the difference between this league and the league that is already in place for Minor League KHL affiliation?

Old
02-27-2009, 05:01 PM
Alessandro Seren Rosso
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Alessandro Seren Rosso Send a message via MSN to Alessandro Seren Rosso
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
What's the difference between this league and the league that is already in place for Minor League KHL affiliation?
You mean Pervaya Liga? Well, that is an "adult" league, and it's different because there isn't a central organization, but it's a regional thing.

Old
03-02-2009, 12:12 PM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
it seems like an extra burden for the suffocating KHL clubs as is. I think the junior league has to be in different cities, which are from the same area as the "mother/father' team. This way there will be attendance like in Canada for junior leagues. Having those teams skate in empty stadiums is pointless. But that will never happens as noone's going to build new arenas...

Old
03-02-2009, 03:56 PM
RussianProspects

While these teams will still be affiliated with the KHL clubs, this is a good step forward to creating a centralized body and hopefully a CHL type set up... Russia needs this badly, but the problem is financing since especially right now with the chrisis there is very little of it.

Old
03-02-2009, 08:44 PM
cska78

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianProspects View Post
While these teams will still be affiliated with the KHL clubs, this is a good step forward to creating a centralized body and hopefully a CHL type set up... Russia needs this badly, but the problem is financing since especially right now with the chrisis there is very little of it.
yes, all true, but as usual in a half-arsed Russian way...Junior teams must play in suburbs of the KHL cities, they will gather big crowds and actually possibly bring some revenue (as the kid's pay will be small). Instead they will play in the same arena with noone but occasional scout and kid's family's...

Old
03-26-2009, 07:30 PM
cska78

MHL finally! Good set up?

Well a new MHL (molodezhnaya hockeynaya liga) has been established! 20 teams (all KHL teams excluding Khabarovsk and the 3 foreighn products). While I like the idea I want to know how is it an improvement over 1 Div where all these teams played prior to MHL. Why play games in the same stadiums as the "big" clubs? Why not move the junior teams to some regional towns, where people are not spoiled by hockey and would attend and bring revenue?
On the positive side:
1)MHL teams will get exposure, the same way junior soccer teams been getting for some time.
2)We may end up keeping some late bloomers in hockey, while they could have possibly quit the sport before the MHL (is it a legitimate statement?)

Old
03-26-2009, 08:53 PM
Kamensky

Yes it could

Old
03-27-2009, 04:07 PM
cska78

I am shocked this warranted one response, it's a big deal, IMHO.

Old
03-28-2009, 01:30 AM
malkinfan

Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
It should be very profitable. Very few expenses. Junior hockey in Canada is extremely profitable. I hope it it is taken seriously, it should be interesting. I think it will put all the prospects on a level playing field for us to compare.
They better have a good website.

Old
03-29-2009, 03:33 AM
pouskin74*

Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
Well a new MHL (molodezhnaya hockeynaya liga) has been established! 20 teams (all KHL teams excluding Khabarovsk and the 3 foreighn products). While I like the idea I want to know how is it an improvement over 1 Div where all these teams played prior to MHL. Why play games in the same stadiums as the "big" clubs? Why not move the junior teams to some regional towns, where people are not spoiled by hockey and would attend and bring revenue?
On the positive side:
1)MHL teams will get exposure, the same way junior soccer teams been getting for some time.
2)We may end up keeping some late bloomers in hockey, while they could have possibly quit the sport before the MHL (is it a legitimate statement?)
its good that the game would be played in same stadiums because more people will come ( symbolic price)+ better shower rooms and so on. comparing to div 1 there wouldnt allowed players older than 21 years.

Old
03-29-2009, 07:35 AM
Alessandro Seren Rosso
Hockey's Future Staff

Yurzinov and Nemchinov are both hired in operating roles for the league.

Old
03-30-2009, 06:43 PM
The Korean*

Send a message via AIM to The Korean* Send a message via Yahoo to The Korean*
Is this minor league for KHL?

Old
03-30-2009, 07:06 PM
cska78

Quote:
Originally Posted by pouskin74 View Post
its good that the game would be played in same stadiums because more people will come ( symbolic price)+ better shower rooms and so on. comparing to div 1 there wouldnt allowed players older than 21 years.

How you figure there will be more people? Which team in KHL sells out? I think playing in suburban regional city's would have been way more profitable. There was an article on allhockey.ru about the negative aspects of this league. Basically, they claim it's just another change of name, not all that much more; just like the KHL itself.

Old
03-30-2009, 07:11 PM
cska78

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Korean View Post
Is this minor league for KHL?
yes of sorts. Meant to be a transitional league for players from 17 - 21 to stay in hockey, and hopefully within Russian borders. On special permit 16 year olds may play there as well. Any player is allowed to be cold up to the KHL "mother" team.

Old
03-30-2009, 07:13 PM
cska78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandro Seren Rosso View Post
You mean Pervaya Liga? Well, that is an "adult" league, and it's different because there isn't a central organization, but it's a regional thing.
what happens to Pervaya Liga?

Old
03-31-2009, 07:06 AM
pouskin74*

Quote:
How you figure there will be more people? Which team in KHL sells out? I think playing in suburban regional city's would have been way more profitable. There was an article on allhockey.ru about the negative aspects of this league. Basically, they claim it's just another change of name, not all that much more; just like the KHL itself.
that article was full of false statements. cant take seriously a people who are saying that slovaks did get a good resault at last WJC because of junior hockey system. thats obviously nonsens. they were using it 4-5 years allready .do i need to remember you other resault during those years? at 1999 they get bronze medal without that system and they did it because of good amound talanted players but not system. hockey isnt profitable bussines in Russia so far , especially in junior hockey therefore where ever they will play income will be very small. playing on KHL arenas would give a good chance to get 5000-6000 people on arenas (free tickets for underage people) and better quality of ice and everything else compared to suburban regions.

Old
03-31-2009, 07:11 AM
pouskin74*

Quote:
what happens to Pervaya Liga?
they will continue anyway.

Old
03-31-2009, 08:30 AM
Garl

Quote:
that article was full of false statements. cant take seriously a people who are saying that slovaks did get a good resault at last WJC because of junior hockey system. thats obviously nonsens. they were using it 4-5 years allready .do i need to remember you other resault during those years? at 1999 they get bronze medal without that system and they did it because of good amound talanted players but not system. hockey isnt profitable bussines in Russia so far , especially in junior hockey therefore where ever they will play income will be very small. playing on KHL arenas would give a good chance to get 5000-6000 people on arenas (free tickets for underage people) and better quality of ice and everything else compared to suburban regions.
Article was a bit negative for sure.

On the other hand you see everything in too bright colors. Every critic is wrong, everything will be superpupercool just because pouskin said so.

Article had some constructive critics, but you prefer to igore and pretend that promise land is somwhere nearby.

5000-6000 thousands? You know optimism is one thing, but thats borderline foolishness.

Old
03-31-2009, 10:04 AM
Den

Quote:
There was an article on allhockey.ru about the negative aspects of this league.
Osadchenko is a dumbass who can't but write in his aggressive debasing stupid style "Hey guys, those who are stil in the tanks, I remind you we have the O-LYM-PICS coming!" Братан какой то люберский

To anybody who has been watching KHL it is clear that the league is indeed better than the RSL, but, no he has to go out and write a piece of **** called "Again, against the wind.."

Old
03-31-2009, 01:29 PM
pouskin74*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garl View Post
Article was a bit negative for sure.

On the other hand you see everything in too bright colors. Every critic is wrong, everything will be superpupercool just because pouskin said so.

Article had some constructive critics, but you prefer to igore and pretend that promise land is somwhere nearby.

5000-6000 thousands? You know optimism is one thing, but thats borderline foolishness.
probably you didnt get my point or you just did ignore it but i sayd that 5-6000 will be possible if they give a free tickets to everyone who is under 18 years old! did you find there(ARTICLE) something constructive ?? bring it on , dont be shy

Old
03-31-2009, 03:06 PM
Garl

Quote:
probably you didnt get my point or you just did ignore it but i sayd that 5-6000 will be possible if they give a free tickets to everyone who is under 18 years old! did you find there(ARTICLE) something constructive ?? bring it on , dont be shy
It doesn't matter. 5-6 thousands of kids with free tickets is not the best idea to start with. However kids have more things to do than go to some meaningless junior matches. You are way too optimistic here. You don't live in Russia do you?

As for constructive critics, well lets start from the fact if you can argue the title of the article?

Quote:
Osadchenko is a dumbass who can't but write in his aggressive debasing stupid style "Hey guys, those who are stil in the tanks, I remind you we have the O-LYM-PICS coming!"
What did you expected? Look at or . Propoganda from one side unprofessional style from another.
Style isn't so important, it's about lessoning and analyzing differents views. A smart man will not take everything as 100% truth and will separate intresting points from stupid and meaningless ones.

Old
03-31-2009, 03:35 PM
Kamensky

We are still the best in junior hockey history even without that new league...tied Most Gold(15) Most Medals(28)...

Old
03-31-2009, 05:52 PM
pouskin74*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garl View Post
It doesn't matter. 5-6 thousands of kids with free tickets is not the best idea to start with. However kids have more things to do than go to some meaningless junior matches.
more things to do?!like what? Hollywood movies? computer games ? surfing on webworld or just hang out on the streets??? i didnt expect them to go on the arenas on time when they should study but after that ! however let them and to theyr parents to deside what to do and what not to do! PS: poor Canadian people , they just going to meaningless junior hockey and even more they pay for it

i say it again - all that article is full of meaningless statements. i do not want to waste my time on this anymore. did you like that rubbish? good for you .

Old
04-01-2009, 04:29 AM
Alessandro Seren Rosso
Hockey's Future Staff

Guys, I've got no time right now to surf to allhockey.ru and get to that article. Can anyone link me please?

Closed Thread