Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Steve Ott Suspended Indefinately

Old
03-01-2009, 09:19 PM
Default101

vCash: 500
Steve Ott Suspended Indefinately

I looked aruond for this but couldn't find it in the Stars thread. I wanted to comment on it..

here's the TSN link...

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=269338&l...s=topStory_nhl

and here's the youtube link to the incident.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bmAiuaRKow

This is absolutely f-ing embarassing for the NHL, they suspend guys 2 to 3 games for blatently trying to injure someone, Meanwhile Ott has been suspended indefinately for "intent to injure" which makes no sense. Yes he cross checked Niedermayer after the whistle.. and he got speared by Giguere for it, a blindsided spear for pushing niedermayer a few times. Eye for an eye thats fine, but 4 ducks on Steve Ott thats just stupid, the ducks should have been fined and Ott should have got one game.. maybe just for instigating the whole thing. Where were his teammates? Why didn't anyone jump in to help? and why did it take 4 ducks and not just Travis Moen, whoever was the 3rd man into that pile for the ducks should have been suspended as well. I'm not a Stars or Ducks fan so maybe there's underlying issues in previous games with Ott and the Ducks, or maybe Ott isn't as respected by his teammates anymore, but this seems really off.. he cross checked niedermayer twice, and got speared by Giguere, then got beat on by 4 ducks at once, not to meantion the announcer said Ott was playing with a broken hand so that fight must not have gone well for him. I think this is embarassing of the league, they should have handled it with minor fines and maybe a 1 game suspension. It was a close game so the mandatory instigator rule is in, and it's being reviewed because the referee said he intended to injure Niedermayer? with all the things that happen in the league, it's very minor but yet Ott is getting the rare treatment of being suspended without pay and under review for something like this? just seems stupid.. Any thoughts from Stars fans that might know more about this situation because it doesn't add up to me.

Default101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2009, 09:22 PM
Alamo

someones mad...

but yea, he should only get a max of 2-3 games, if that.

Alamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2009, 09:22 PM
vofty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry-Dogg View Post
I looked aruond for this but couldn't find it in the Stars thread. I wanted to comment on it..

here's the TSN link...

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=269338&l...s=topStory_nhl

and here's the youtube link to the incident.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bmAiuaRKow

This is absolutely f-ing embarassing for the NHL, they suspend guys 2 to 3 games for blatently trying to injure someone, Meanwhile Ott has been suspended indefinately for "intent to injure" which makes no sense. Yes he cross checked Niedermayer after the whistle.. and he got speared by Giguere for it, a blindsided spear for pushing niedermayer a few times. Eye for an eye thats fine, but 4 ducks on Steve Ott thats just stupid, the ducks should have been fined and Ott should have got one game.. maybe just for instigating the whole thing. Where were his teammates? Why didn't anyone jump in to help? and why did it take 4 ducks and not just Travis Moen, whoever was the 3rd man into that pile for the ducks should have been suspended as well. I'm not a Stars or Ducks fan so maybe there's underlying issues in previous games with Ott and the Ducks, or maybe Ott isn't as respected by his teammates anymore, but this seems really off.. he cross checked niedermayer twice, and got speared by Giguere, then got beat on by 4 ducks at once, not to meantion the announcer said Ott was playing with a broken hand so that fight must not have gone well for him. I think this is embarassing of the league, they should have handled it with minor fines and maybe a 1 game suspension. It was a close game so the mandatory instigator rule is in, and it's being reviewed because the referee said he intended to injure Niedermayer? with all the things that happen in the league, it's very minor but yet Ott is getting the rare treatment of being suspended without pay and under review for something like this? just seems stupid.. Any thoughts from Stars fans that might know more about this situation because it doesn't add up to me.
its in the anaheim post game discussion

vofty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2009, 09:24 PM
txdude5101

He will know tommorrow the length of his sup

txdude5101 is offline   Reply With Quote