HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

This needs to be said... Komi and Hammer

Old
02-28-2009, 12:19 AM
habtastic

vCash: 500
if he is playing hurt, maybe dandy should go back on D to fill in (he honestly is solid when called upon and certainly won't be worse than how Komi has been after that OTT game). Then again, how long would it take to heal something like that? This is of course speculation and he might be fine and is just having bad mental problems. He should go back to his yoga instructor.

he is, i agree, slowly reducing the number of mistakes he makes. Still not good enough.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 12:20 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by momotan View Post
Its obvious Komi is hurt. And I think its both the shoulder and the hip. He needs time off, when we get a playoff spot locked, they need to send him to the beach. As for Hammer, the last month, he's limped off the ice on a few occasions. Again, i'm thinking he's maybe at 80%. So u have 2 d-men, both struggling, working together, not the best scenario BUT markov needs a healthy partner or he plops too.

This may not happen until the last game

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 12:21 AM
Ginu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero View Post
They're having an off year. Let's not crucify these guys. We all know what they're capable of. Especially Komisarek. Come on. Look at what he's done for us the last three years. Give the guy a break.
I'm not crucifying them at least. But what can we do to be successful this year with the way they're playing? Do we target another defenceman?

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 02:38 AM
Maurice Richard*

Komi coughs it up in Ot ..thats the problem teams wait too long with some of these young guys then get stuck with them when they dont or cant take it to the next level .If someone offered me a lottery pick , i would ship Smokey and Komi out in a heartbeat .

Maurice Richard* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 02:45 AM
TomPlex

Funny, I make comments like this a couple of weeks ago and I get flamed nonstop. Now it's an open discussion?

HF

TomPlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 03:45 AM
Doc McKenna

Nevrmind I mention this on other boards because he is making worse mistakes than breeze(he does it in our end most of the time) and I get flamed. He is just lucky that Halak saved his bacon tonight.

Doc McKenna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 07:27 AM
GNick42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
What is wrong with Komisarek and Hamrlik? These two "rocks" are playing with so little composure and are creating so many problems in our own end.

Where is the calming force of Hamrlik that brought Phaneuf under his wing and was a +26 in each of two consecutive seasons with Calgary?

Where is the tower of power that we called Mike Komisarek that wears an "A" on his jersey? He panics with the puck, he CANNOT play against the right boards, and he plays like he's in junior when the puck gets stuck in his skates 3 or 4 times a night.

Is it that they can't play together and each need to be paired with a puck mover (Markov or Schneider)? Are they injured? Is Hamrlik rattled with what was in the news? Does Komisarek need to start playing left defense because he gets stuck regularly not being able to hold the puck against the boards on the right?

What's wrong with these guys? I really feel like Gainey needs to acquire a top 4 defenceman to settle ourselves in our own zone. It's becoming too much.

Who is out there now that Whitney's been dealt?
Hamrlik I think nightlife may played a role on him this season. Komisarek never the same since Lucic fight.

GNick42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 08:11 AM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

I would seriously entertain trade offers for Komisarek at this point, if you can get a Lottery pick or a good young player, pull the trigger.

I hate to say it, but something is seriously wrong with him, ever since his injury last year before the playoffs he's been one of our worst defenseman.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 08:24 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
What is wrong with Komisarek and Hamrlik? These two "rocks" are playing with so little composure and are creating so many problems in our own end.

Where is the calming force of Hamrlik that brought Phaneuf under his wing and was a +26 in each of two consecutive seasons with Calgary?

Where is the tower of power that we called Mike Komisarek that wears an "A" on his jersey? He panics with the puck, he CANNOT play against the right boards, and he plays like he's in junior when the puck gets stuck in his skates 3 or 4 times a night.

Is it that they can't play together and each need to be paired with a puck mover (Markov or Schneider)? Are they injured? Is Hamrlik rattled with what was in the news? Does Komisarek need to start playing left defense because he gets stuck regularly not being able to hold the puck against the boards on the right?

What's wrong with these guys? I really feel like Gainey needs to acquire a top 4 defenceman to settle ourselves in our own zone. It's becoming too much.

Who is out there now that Whitney's been dealt?
I don't think that in Hamrlik's case you can paint him with one brush because of the giveaway last night. It was a small mistake but Lupul made us pay. For the most part he's played well lately.

Komisarek, he's been struggling handling the puck since his injury, very jittery and hesitant. Last night he did contribute defensively, he was very strong and physical down low, especially on the 5 on 3's. I'd really like to see him relax with the puck a bit.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 08:25 AM
j c petit
Locked-out

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
I'd rather have Quintal on the team over Komisarek and Hamrlik right now..
Holy cow!

j c petit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 08:42 AM
la25ecoupe

Guys, every body will have off moments.. look at plek as for perfect example. Kovy also. Even AK46 (well this i blame Carbo). And OB. Etc.

The only exception is Breezer

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 08:44 AM
LeMAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
i totaly agree with this

imagine our team right now with last years hamrlik and komisarek... oh god...
Komisarek was also really bad last year, except the start of the season.

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 09:02 AM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
Komisarek was also really bad last year, except the start of the season.
He was epic until his late season injury.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 09:31 AM
Habskrieg

Personally I don't find Hamr to be that bad, I've seen better sure, but he isn't horrible. Komi has been rather disappointing. He's been rather sloppy and undisciplined, don't know what's gotten into him. I think the reason Hamr may look bad is cause of his lines-mate :S.

Habskrieg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 11:12 AM
GoHabsGO252006

I say see if you can use Komi with a few other pieces to get Bouwmeester. Martin made it clear he is available but given their status on the playoff picture they want pieces that can help now.

Komisarek + a winger (Higgins or D'ago) and if necessary a mid-round pick for J-Bo

GoHabsGO252006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 11:19 AM
teddygmr

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNick42 View Post
Hamrlik I think nightlife may played a role on him this season.
so whats the latest on the police investigation?

teddygmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 11:29 AM
Habs

Playing like absolute garbage, the both of them. Hamrlik's days in Calgary was irregular, the Hamrlik you seen now is the real guy.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 11:38 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHabsGo247 View Post
I would seriously entertain trade offers for Komisarek at this point, if you can get a Lottery pick or a good young player, pull the trigger.

I hate to say it, but something is seriously wrong with him, ever since his injury last year before the playoffs he's been one of our worst defenseman.
I don't think he's recovered yet from his shoulder injury of his fight with Lucic.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 12:01 PM
Maurice Richard*

Maybe that beatdown he suffered at the hands of Looch is too much to overcome .They say fighters in boxing or what not are never the same after a severe a$$ whoopin .

Maurice Richard* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 12:12 PM
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!

simple, trade hammer for J_Bo at the trade limit.

Rscorpio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 12:15 PM
CanadienErrant*

Why not try these ?

Markov-Schneider

Hamrlik - Dandenault (they were playing well together)

Gorges- Komisarek (Komi needs to play less and re-focus)

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 12:16 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rscorpio View Post
simple, trade hammer for J_Bo at the trade limit.
Hamrlik + Higgins for Pronger ???

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 02:12 PM
Arctic_Hab_Fan

Like I said, the guy (Komi) is no where near the 6 million plus some hab fans were saying he'll get on the free market LOL...he is prone to give aways, not the being rushed kind. Komi always dumps the puck into the neutral zone and it bugs the hell out of me. One beat down and his never the same, good trade bait though and tis the season.

Arctic_Hab_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 04:04 PM
Melvin Udall

Quote:

Reality: Since Komisarek got his butt kicked (real bad) by Milan Lucic - he has played relatively "soft" - if I were Gainey - Komisarek would be my trade bait!

Go Habs Go!

Melvin Udall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 04:09 PM
LastRide

Maybe we should rename them two, Dumb & Dumber

LastRide is offline   Reply With Quote