HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Price or Halak vs Sharks?

Old
02-28-2009, 12:46 AM
BJG

vCash: 500
Anyone know Halak's save % since he fleeced the Avs?

BJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 12:50 AM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports1131 View Post
I'm probably Halak's biggest fan, but I'd go with Price tomorrow night and then right back to Jaro no matter what happens.

If Carey was our number one at the moment chances are Halak would be playing tomorrow. We don't want either guy sitting on the bench for too long and we've got back-to-back games (one home, one away mind you) so it just makes sense. He's got to play again eventually and I'd actually rather it be after a win so Halak doesn't feel he lost the job because of one loss.
I think we should only put Price in if he is ready. You do not want the Sharks to score 5/6 goals on him and destroy whatever little confidence he got left. we should wait until our team face an easy team like Atlanta and then put him in. In a way, we want to rebuild his confidence by slowly let him face tougher and tougher teams.

JustAHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 12:51 AM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
I'm really confused
claude lemieux vs habs

maybe he gets his 1st goal

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 01:27 AM
Namso

if price doesnt play today, then its two weeks since his last start, that might be a bit too much of a rest.

This one could go eitherway...

Namso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 01:32 AM
ScherbakAttack

Halak. There is no doubt in my mind that if he gets lit up, it's the defense's fault and that Price would do just as bad.

He's the real deal, he can deal with pressure (doesn't cry in front of the media after the games he's lost) and I want him to play as much as possible.

ScherbakAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 01:49 AM
Gary320

I think Halak needs to start, I think putting Price isn't too logical. We play Buffalo and Atlanta next week, giving him a game there is what should happen.

The team is hot right now, with Halak. They have confidence in him (for now.. just like it use to be Price) They just came off an OT win with Halak.. even more confidence for him.

If you play Price vs San Jose and he lets in one or two goals, your teams confidnece is going to be a bit down, your goalie who has already a low morale will even feel more down.. so in the end it's WAY to risky to do. Already the fact that some think we stand no chance tommorow.

If Price plays, I won't argue the decision, Carbo is the coach and he clearly does't want his other number 1 goalie to get rusty.. especially seeing as his performance has not been that great before hand.

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 01:51 AM
Mustafa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Chezz View Post
Price then play Halak the next game regardless.

Jaro has seen a lot of puck lately and Im concerned that two back to back games may be a bit much.
This.

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 02:02 AM
Toro

Price.

He is ready to redeem himself and no point in running Halak out of gas now.

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 02:06 AM
totalrecall

Price..... Then the second before Sharks score, call timeout and switch to Halak

totalrecall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 02:07 AM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Ride the winning goaltender Halak !

Jeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 02:19 AM
habtastic

If the issue with Price is confidence and getting it back, putting him in front of the best team in the NHL is the exact opposite of what you want to do.

If you think he already has that "magic" back and that he's ready to prove something, then it's exactly the right time to put him in.

Unless Halak is tired, play him. He has been miraculous and a win today would be more than huge. We need to distance ourselves from the pack immediately. It's every game is game 7 time. What if Price plays well. What do you do with Halak? Say, "thanks for saving the team's ass, Carey is back, so...keep the bench warm"? Halak deserves to be started unless he absolutely doesn't want to (which I doubt). The second you put in Price and he has a decent game, Halak automatically becomes the backup through no bad play on his part (see last game 06-07 season).

I want to see Carey come back, but not right after Halak has carried us so commandingly.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 02:20 AM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
Price.

Agreed, as good as Halak is playing Price is our number 1 and I'd like to see him get his head right before the playoffs.

Bring_Bak_Damphousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 02:22 AM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
If the issue with Price is confidence and getting it back, putting him in front of the best team in the NHL is the exact opposite of what you want to do.

If you think he already has that "magic" back and that he's ready to prove something, then it's exactly the right time to put him in.

Unless Halak is tired, play him. He has been miraculous and a win today would be more than huge. We need to distance ourselves from the pack immediately. It's every game is game 7 time. What if Price plays well. What do you do with Halak? Say, "thanks for saving the team's ass, Carey is back, so...keep the bench warm"? Halak deserves to be started unless he absolutely doesn't want to (which I doubt). The second you put in Price and he has a decent game, Halak automatically becomes the backup through no bad play on his part (see last game 06-07 season).

I want to see Carey come back, but not right after Halak has carried us so commandingly.
I agree, but if he wins his confidence will be ultimate. I think the main thng is the team is confident in front of Halak.

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 02:37 AM
TomPlex

Wow, I can't believe that I'm pretty much the only one on the other side of the fence here.

Price IS our goalie of the future no matter how you put it. Maybe he was rushed into the league too early, but at this point there's no turning back. The kid NEEDS to play. Plain and simple. I understand that he's hit a rough spot, and like someone else said if tonight's game was on Thursday then I'd probably go with Halak again, but to not put Price in for the second of a back to back would kill the guy.

There's no reason why he shouldn't be in right now. He played very well in Washington and he was solid for at least the first half of the Pens game before everything fell apart. We should nurture this kid and not make him sit in the corner when he's going through hard times. IMO, he needs a vote of confidence more than the rest and time to get back on his game. More often than that it's the vote of confidence that will bring him back into the zone.

Put him in tomorrow.

TomPlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 02:39 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 1976
I dont know.

I want Halak to keep going cuz he's hot but I dont wana lose Price for ever.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 05:08 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

the possibility of the habs missing the playoffs is too real. You must go with the goalie that is giving a better chance to win games on a consistent basis, and that goalie is Halak right now.

Ride him at least until he loses.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 05:26 AM
LesCanadiens

Halak for sure....we need a chance to win. Let the party boy, crybaby, showboater sit and think about having it in the palm of his hand and how his idiotic choices let it slip through his fingers...maybe it'll cause him to reassess his priorities and focus on being a professional rather than a wasted talent.

LesCanadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 06:45 AM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Price. Halak is still your #1 right now, but no need to overplay him in a back-to-back. This is normal. If Price were on his game and our starter, I'd still want Halak to play. So no reason not to give Price a shot here.

Halak then starts Weds. in Buffalo regardless. A good effort from Price could push him even more (if that's possible!).

Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 08:21 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Simple enough question .. Do you start the well-rested Price or the hot goalie Halak?

I remember on TSN Ice Chips a few days ago that Carbo had stated that this was Halak's chance as long as he kept winning.. with that case, I'd assume Halak is the obvious choice..

For me, I go with Halak.. we need as many points as we can get right now.
I'd go woth the hot hand, maybe start Price vs Buffalo or Atlanta.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 08:33 AM
Travis Moen

Price. And he'll get a shutout.

Travis Moen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 08:51 AM
Coldplay
Courage

Halak, Price can get his sorry ass in against Atlanta.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 08:54 AM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJG View Post
Anyone know Halak's save % since he fleeced the Avs?
188/200, or .940

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 09:07 AM
MontrealHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Halak until he loses.
Halak until he really has a bad game...
I can't believe... there are people choosing Price today...

MontrealHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 09:08 AM
MontrealHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kostopoulos View Post
Price. And he'll get a shutout.
Remember last year against San Jose ?? You, sir, are a fanatic !

MontrealHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 09:15 AM
JV

No-brainer. Halak. The guy is 23 yrs old. If he gets a good night's sleep he can play.

Plus, the last thing CP needs is another confidence-shattering blowout. If we're going to give up 5 or more tonight, Halak's at least mentally strong enough to deal with it. Carey Price is no good to us in the E.

JV is offline   Reply With Quote