HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Sharks @ Habs 7:00pm CBC-RDS(HD)-CJAD

Closed Thread

Old
02-28-2009, 03:24 PM
Nedved

vCash: 500
big game tonight. GO HABS GO

Old
02-28-2009, 03:31 PM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinceee View Post
you know what, you should not defend the fact that we receive on a day to day xenophobic comments about the fact that a good amount of our fanbase speak french (I am)... its not normal and it should be banned from this board... this is why im starting to really be fed up with this board, you always end up being insulted because youre french, and then report it and nothing happens or the mod say that i dont understand the meaning of a joke...

how would you feel if i call black people with the n word or tell them they are stupid and then say its not racist its a joke...

Its not on par as saying that californians dont know their hockey, its not true, its way worse, and you should know it...

it has to stop, and its not by acting like you are that it will
I second this. Even though I speak broken French, I have lived in Montreal for close to thirty years and also get offended when others degrade the French language and Quebecers. What I have seen now on HF are anti French, anti Quebec disguised under the banner of joke, frustration, etc. This got to stop. Any person who make joke, degrade the French language and its people should be banned from HF. There should be zero tolerance about this.

Old
02-28-2009, 03:37 PM
Mustafa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
I second this. Even though I speak broken French, I have lived in Montreal for close to thirty years and also get offended when others degrade the French language and Quebecers. What I have seen now on HF are anti French, anti Quebec disguised under the banner of joke, frustration, etc. This got to stop. Any person who make joke, degrade the French language and its people should be banned from HF. There should be zero tolerance about this.
I have never been comfortable about the way people speaks about Quebec and Quebecers on this board. I gave up arguing when i saw the mods would never do anything about it. But i'm not realy offended by the jokes on the Sharks GDT, it's more childish, i'm realy talking about the Habs and also the Sens boards.

Old
02-28-2009, 03:44 PM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
Quote:
This got to stop. Any person who make joke, degrade the French language and its people should be banned from HF. There should be zero tolerance about this.
LOL wow do you want to exterminate them too? Clearly they are just joking around, the way any person with a sense of humour would. If it was "anti quebec blah blah blah" as you say, why would they make fun of Saku and Price too. Please, get whatever it is that's in your bum, out quickly, because you're going to keep living a miserable life if you think every person who pokes fun at your team or country should be banned

Old
02-28-2009, 03:45 PM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
I have never been comfortable about the way people speaks about Quebec and Quebecers on this board. I gave up arguing when i saw the mods would never do anything about it. But i'm not realy offended by the jokes on the Sharks GDT, it's more childish, i'm realy talking about the Habs and also the Sens boards.
It also bothered me quite a bit. We are here to talk about hockey. What the French language, the Quebec people, Canada, Canadian got anything to do with hockey. Any person who bring up these subjects in a degraded way are not real hockey fan and should not be allowed to post.

Old
02-28-2009, 03:47 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

before this stretch of 3 games against a red hot vancouver team, at philadelphia (which is never easy), and against arguably the best team in the nhl in SJ.... based on the way the habs have been playing, would you have taken 4 points out of a possible 6? I sure as hell would have.

Of course, a win is always awesome, but I view anything that the habs get from this game as gravy.

Its Gainey's final chance to evaluate what he has before the trade deadline, so it will be interesting to see how the players react to that. No matter what they say, it must be on their minds.

Old
02-28-2009, 03:48 PM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey View Post
LOL wow do you want to exterminate them too? Clearly they are just joking around, the way any person with a sense of humour would. If it was "anti quebec blah blah blah" as you say, why would they make fun of Saku and Price too. Please, get whatever it is that's in your bum, out quickly, because you're going to keep living a miserable life if you think every person who pokes fun at you should be banned
More and more people started to make joke like that recently.

Old
02-28-2009, 03:49 PM
SonOfGom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
What do you expect?, it seems that there is a boatload of people here who are close to being 15, and as we know 15 year olds have the tendency of being major idiots.

Old
02-28-2009, 03:53 PM
Le CH

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
We insult the teams. Not the fans or the city. Calling out French Canada and anything French related and mocking it is not funny, it's 12 year old like.
Wow... I didn't think we were this thin-skinned as a fanbase. People, its a GDT - you have to expect some level of smack-talking... take it easy.

Old
02-28-2009, 03:54 PM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
before this stretch of 3 games against a red hot vancouver team, at philadelphia (which is never easy), and against arguably the best team in the nhl in SJ.... based on the way the habs have been playing, would you have taken 4 points out of a possible 6? I sure as hell would have.

Of course, a win is always awesome, but I view anything that the habs get from this game as gravy.

Its Gainey's final chance to evaluate what he has before the trade deadline, so it will be interesting to see how the players react to that. No matter what they say, it must be on their minds.
I am sure we all would have but once you win those first two it makes us all believe this game is not winnable especially because it is at home and the Sharks have been on the road for about a week now.

Old
02-28-2009, 03:56 PM
Mustafa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHabsGo2009 View Post
Wow... I didn't think we were this thin-skinned as a fanbase. People, its a GDT - you have to expect some level of smack-talking... take it easy.
I agree the GDT is not a real problem, it's childish, we've had way more tolerated insidious posts on our own board.

Old
02-28-2009, 03:58 PM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
I disagree with you. They can talk about anything related to our team. They can say "Price sucked" or "Kovalev floater" or whatever and it will never bother me one bit. I start to notice a tendency for bashing Quebec, Canada, etc on HF.

Old
02-28-2009, 04:01 PM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Who really cares though its the internet.
95% of the people on these boards would not have the balls to say any of this stuff to your face.

Old
02-28-2009, 04:05 PM
bib
#believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
Unfortunately, thanks to the fact that you guys have far and away the largest population on HF, it means that if the "jerk ratio" remains constant amongst your fanbase to what it is among all other teams, there are going to be more people out there who will sully your name and spread the expectation that you're jerks or arrogant or whatever. That's the curse of being such a large group. If 1 in 10 fans of any given team are idiots, there might be 10-12 if we have 100-120 Sharks fans (which is reasonable) while you guys get 50-60 if there are 500-600 Habs fans on HF. And 50 people can cause a ton more damage than 10 can.
I guarantee you that the ratio of idiots on your board is far greater than 1 in 10.

Old
02-28-2009, 04:06 PM
Le CH

Quote:
I disagree with you. They can talk about anything related to our team. They can say "Price sucked" or "Kovalev floater" or whatever and it will never bother me one bit. I start to notice a tendency for bashing Quebec, Canada, etc on HF.
Then let me suggest that you are too easily insulted.

Old
02-28-2009, 04:08 PM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Then let me suggest that you are too easily insulted.
I don't want to hijack our GDT. Let's stop at that.

Old
02-28-2009, 04:10 PM
Le CH

Quote:
I don't want to hijack our GDT. Let's stop at that.
Truce... Habs 3 Sharks 1

Go Habs Go!!!

Old
02-28-2009, 04:17 PM
11alias11

if San Diego is German for "a whale's vagina" what could San Jose possibly be?

Old
02-28-2009, 04:18 PM
allworldcaucasn*

Send a message via AIM to allworldcaucasn*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinceee View Post
you call this humor? its a pretty sad attempt considering lot of your team's fans are canadian who are in the area because of the hightech industry....

over-confidence is never a good thing...

- A "stupid habs" fan

What the hell? lol

Old
02-28-2009, 04:20 PM
Shape
Go Sharks :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11alias11 View Post
if San Diego is German for "a whale's vagina" what could San Jose possibly be?
A Sharks ding dong.

Old
02-28-2009, 04:23 PM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
Quote:
You do realise many Americans bash Canada and many Canadians bash America? I'm sure you've made some comments about America at some point in your life, and if you say you haven't I'll go out on a limb and say you either don't remember or you're lying

Old
02-28-2009, 04:26 PM
GoldGuardian

Quote:
LOL wow do you want to exterminate them too? Clearly they are just joking around, the way any person with a sense of humour would. If it was "anti quebec blah blah blah" as you say, why would they make fun of Saku and Price too. Please, get whatever it is that's in your bum, out quickly, because you're going to keep living a miserable life if you think every person who pokes fun at your team or country should be banned
I mostly agree, but one trip to the boards from their official website made me wonder if their fans are just joking. What we find on HF is way less xenophobic than boards dedicated to only one team, and what I found that day was horrible.

Their GDT is really something, by the way...

Old
02-28-2009, 04:28 PM
Shape
Go Sharks :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldGuardian View Post
I mostly agree, but one trip to the boards from their official website made me wonder if their fans are just joking. What we find on HF is way less xenophobic than boards dedicated to only one team, and what I found that day was horrible.
That board is made of fail.

Old
02-28-2009, 04:32 PM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
You do realise many Americans bash Canada and many Canadians bash America? I'm sure you've made some comments about America at some point in your life, and if you say you haven't I'll go out on a limb and say you either don't remember or you're lying
I do but not on HF. I just go here for hockey discussion and not anything related to politic and I pretty much do not want to see any politic discussion here. Again, I do not want to hijack our GDT and will stop to discuss this issue.

Old
02-28-2009, 04:33 PM
Ender

Send a message via AIM to Ender Send a message via Yahoo to Ender
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldGuardian View Post

Their GDT is really something, by the way...
The main boards are a joke. I think no one is over the mental age, capacity of 10 on there. I find most of the stuff to be offensive from every angle.

Closed Thread