HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Offical Thread for HF Bruins Board Pickup Game V- Stoneham Arena, March 28th 7pm-9pm

Old
03-23-2009, 03:14 AM
HOOKEDonHOCKEY*

vCash: 500
Hey guys, what's the word on the earliest we can show up? I remember showing up roughly a half an hour early the last few times when we played in Burlington. Will the locker rooms be open to us before that? In any case i'm excited to play! My school team "Umass Lowell Riverhawks" put up quite a fight this weekend before BU/a horrible reversed call took it out of them. I've been looking forward to geting on the ice from all the excitement.

HOOKEDonHOCKEY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2009, 08:54 AM
scotiahockey

Send a message via AIM to scotiahockey Send a message via MSN to scotiahockey Send a message via Yahoo to scotiahockey Send a message via Skype™ to scotiahockey
I have pretty much confirmed that i will not be able to attend this one guys.

I saw my friend who works at the rink in stoneham this weekend, and we are all set to go though.

So if Ludwig can collect the $, and Zylos can manage to split the teams up, i'll look forward to the next one.

Glenn

scotiahockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2009, 08:57 AM
Patfan1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianBlades88 View Post
Hey guys, what's the word on the earliest we can show up? I remember showing up roughly a half an hour early the last few times when we played in Burlington. Will the locker rooms be open to us before that? In any case i'm excited to play! My school team "Umass Lowell Riverhawks" put up quite a fight this weekend before BU/a horrible reversed call took it out of them. I've been looking forward to geting on the ice from all the excitement.
Yea i go to Ulowell also, great game, horrible call. I got to see the replay last night b/c i was at the game and they didn't show it, and the whistle blew 3 seconds after the goal. Anyway im really looking forward to this Saturday.

Patfan1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2009, 10:16 AM
hckyguy14

Send a message via Yahoo to hckyguy14
I picked up a new twig on Friday. Can't wait to use it on ice.

Have not played ice in forever though. But have been playing inline twice a week, so I still know how to skate.

Lookin forward to Satruday!

I am also responsible for bringing the photographer!

hckyguy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2009, 10:26 AM
Ludwig Fell Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotiahockey View Post
I have pretty much confirmed that i will not be able to attend this one guys.

I saw my friend who works at the rink in stoneham this weekend, and we are all set to go though.

So if Ludwig can collect the $, and Zylos can manage to split the teams up, i'll look forward to the next one.

Glenn
Sorry to hear it, Scotia. I'll take care of the $. The check is payable to the Town of Stoneham, correct?

RussianBlades, 1/2 hour early won't be a problem. The teams finishing an hour before we start will be using those rooms, they are typically clear about 40 minutes before we take the ice (or earlier if there is no beer involved).

LFD

Ludwig Fell Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2009, 05:12 PM
MdL

Send a message via AIM to MdL
I'd prefer to play on darks for what its worth, I just got some new black B's socks I wanna use. Plus I've been playing with darks every time.

If it can't be done no biggy.

MdL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2009, 01:22 AM
HOOKEDonHOCKEY*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patfan1987 View Post
Yea i go to Ulowell also, great game, horrible call. I got to see the replay last night b/c i was at the game and they didn't show it, and the whistle blew 3 seconds after the goal. Anyway im really looking forward to this Saturday.
I had no idea you too go to uml. Are you a Junior? And are you currently playing floor hockey in either A or B division?

Btw I too would like to request to be on the dark jersey team if it's not a problem that is.

Old
03-24-2009, 02:55 AM
WickedBruinsGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MdL View Post
I'd prefer to play on darks for what its worth, I just got some new black B's socks I wanna use. Plus I've been playing with darks every time.

If it can't be done no biggy.
Everybody just wants to be on the dark side.

WickedBruinsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2009, 07:16 AM
Spoked-B

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedBruinsGirl View Post
Everybody just wants to be on the dark side.
It's slimming!

Spoked-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2009, 08:44 AM
TheShoe82
No Diving!

Someone should bring an Ipod, I have an array of specialized media cables, I am sure I can tie into the PA pretty easily and correctly if some want/need warmup music . Does anyone know the rink policy on this?

TheShoe82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2009, 09:13 AM
PurpleShamrock

Quote:
Quote:
Interesting. I actually know one of the Riverhawk players (Nick Monroe, No. 14 in your program) because his dad and I have played pickup games together for over 10 years. I agree that they got screwed royally on that call, and I'd be interested to hear what Nick has to say about it the next time I see him. I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out how they could possibly justfy a call of "no goal" when the puck clearly went in before the whistle blew.

PurpleShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2009, 09:14 AM
PurpleShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShoe82 View Post
Someone should bring an Ipod, I have an array of specialized media cables, I am sure I can tie into the PA pretty easily and correctly if some want/need warmup music . Does anyone know the rink policy on this?
No idea what the rink policy is, but if that fails Rob and I could always just bring our guitars for a pregame jam session.

Old
03-24-2009, 10:18 AM
TheShoe82
No Diving!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleShamrock View Post
No idea what the rink policy is, but if that fails Rob and I could always just bring our guitars for a pregame jam session.
I am curious for future games, so I may bring some cables to see what the interface is. If anyone wants to bring an Ipod just in case, go for it.

TheShoe82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2009, 11:06 AM
MdL

Send a message via AIM to MdL
I'll bring my iPod and my guitar

I've got Blues to Grunge

Classic rock to classical

No rap or hiphop. That isn't allowed.

MdL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2009, 11:08 AM
Alicat
Charge!

I am sad to miss this one but I am going to be just getting in from visiting my new cousin in CT and will be spending the night hanging with my sister and/or doing copious amounts of reading for my class. GOOOOO White Team!!!!

I am Boston Strong

Alicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2009, 11:18 AM
Kovi
Kafka and Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat4434 View Post
I am sad to miss this one but I am going to be just getting in from visiting my new cousin in CT and will be spending the night hanging with my sister and/or doing copious amounts of reading for my class. GOOOOO White Team!!!!
boo

sad Kovi*

Kovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2009, 11:48 AM
EmptyNetter

Quote:
Congratulations on the new addition to the family.

EmptyNetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2009, 11:50 AM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptyNetter View Post
Congratulations on the new addition to the family.
Thank You! His name is Eddie and he finally evens things out between boys and girls lol. Oh and he's going to be a Bruins fan

Alicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2009, 11:55 AM
PurpleShamrock

Quote:
Thank You! His name is Eddie and he finally evens things out between boys and girls lol. Oh and he's going to be a Bruins fan
Nice to know you're helping to raise the boy right! Congratulations, and keep up the good work.

Old
03-24-2009, 12:15 PM
Patfan1987

Quote:
I had no idea you too go to uml. Are you a Junior? And are you currently playing floor hockey in either A or B division?

No i am a senior (criminal justice). I was going to do the floor hockey but i have a hockey class when it was going to be going on so i couldn't make it.

I would also like to be on the dark jersey team because i only have dark jerseys. If thats not possible, is someone bringing white jerseys?

Old
03-24-2009, 12:43 PM
Spoked-B

vCash: 50
Quote:
No i am a senior (criminal justice). I was going to do the floor hockey but i have a hockey class when it was going to be going on so i couldn't make it.

I would also like to be on the dark jersey team because i only have dark jerseys. If thats not possible, is someone bringing white jerseys?
UML now has a hockey class? Can you major in it? I'm willing to go back to school (and graduate this time!) all the way up to PhD, if need be! Umm, I wonder what my thesis should be on---maybe "no-touch icing" or "was the JT trade good or bad?"

Spoked-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2009, 01:03 PM
Patfan1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoked-B View Post
UML now has a hockey class? Can you major in it? I'm willing to go back to school (and graduate this time!) all the way up to PhD, if need be! Umm, I wonder what my thesis should be on---maybe "no-touch icing" or "was the JT trade good or bad?"
Haha, No no- its an intro to hockey class by bay state hockey, that runs at the same time as the floor hockey league that they were having. They do have a politics and sports class that is good though.

Old
03-24-2009, 01:16 PM
WickedBruinsGirl

I should definitely be there. Trying to determine what time I'll be out of work that day.

WickedBruinsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2009, 01:45 PM
PurpleShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedBruinsGirl View Post
I should definitely be there. Trying to determine what time I'll be out of work that day.
Cool! Can we expect to see you in your freshly-washed "Lucky Chucky" jersey? Or is that for Bruins games only?

Old
03-24-2009, 03:10 PM
HOOKEDonHOCKEY*

Quote:

Ah cool cool. Do you know the "legendary" Stacy Salo? haha..she's also a senior at uml.
I'm going to head out around 5:45pm on Sat to the arena. I don't know if you have the directions all figured out or if you'd like to follow me (Unfortunately my car will be full, otherwise i'd offer you a ride). Feel free to fb me @ Igor Burdetskiy and let me know if you're all set on the driving over there part.